Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 20, 2:49 AM
Jun 2021
How do you like to consume your manga? With a cup of coffee? Sat up? Lying down? Or must you be so focused that you sit in a room thats empty, just you and your book? Or do you fidget around and allow your brain to procastinate when it wants to?
etc.etc. And do you take a break at each chapter or just speed read the entire book
Jun 20, 3:21 AM

Feb 2020
Same way as watching anime. Lying down. And yes, a cup of coffee/tea sounds nice too or an energy drink/soda.

Jun 20, 3:37 AM

Oct 2021
Lying down, maybe with something to drink and an empty room is all I need to read my manga after I've finished watching my anime for today.
Jun 20, 3:38 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Serafos
Same way as watching anime. Lying down. And yes, a cup of coffee/tea sounds nice too or an energy drink/soda.

@Serafos i wish I could do that, i must sit completely still and everything
Jun 20, 3:50 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Ricchan__
Lying down, maybe with something to drink and an empty room is all I need to read my manga after I've finished watching my anime for today.
@Ricchan__ i wish I could do that, i must sit completely still and everything
my room has no light bulb so the sun and phone torch i rely on to see
Jun 20, 3:56 AM

Dec 2015
Manga/Manhwa which I barely read any - Simply on my pc, with some music in background, maybe with a snack.

Light Novels which I have physical copies - Sitting in front of desk, or laying on bed/couch, it depends.
Jun 20, 4:27 AM

Jul 2010
With a cup of coffee or lying down if it's physical edition. I like to listen to some chill music on low volume while reading, btw. When I'm reading online I like to read fast if manga has tons of chapters, but when I read physical edition (which is usually the case) I like it to take it slow, I enjoy it longer and collecting manga is expensive hobby, you can't just buy every volume you want to read.
Jun 20, 4:38 AM

Feb 2018
Usually i binge thorough chapters for about an hour on my ipad. Ipads are just made to read manga. I get absorbed in the stories so not really much of distractions maybe a cup of tea
Resign? 🕊➤Yes / No Resign? Yes / ⚔➤No

Jun 20, 5:01 AM

May 2024
I just read sitting down, crouched with plenty of OCD to barely allow me to read a whole 5 pages without being interrupted by little annoyances. I also need to be in an empty room, otherwise I can't focus at all. I've tried drinking coffee while reading a few times to help me concentrate, but unfortunately it has smh made my OCD worse. Normally I try to read as much as I can, minimum of 5 chapters. Although it entirely depends on how engaging the manga I'm reading is.
Jun 20, 5:14 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to SimplyBrazen
I just read sitting down, crouched with plenty of OCD to barely allow me to read a whole 5 pages without being interrupted by little annoyances. I also need to be in an empty room, otherwise I can't focus at all. I've tried drinking coffee while reading a few times to help me concentrate, but unfortunately it has smh made my OCD worse. Normally I try to read as much as I can, minimum of 5 chapters. Although it entirely depends on how engaging the manga I'm reading is.
@SimplyBrazen i have found my twin.
Jun 20, 5:19 AM

Jan 2021
Just lying down in my room scrolling through pages is fine by me.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 20, 8:17 AM

Jan 2009
i have a computer standing desk so i read manga that way
Jun 26, 5:59 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Sitting on the couch or lying in bed if it's before I'm about to sleep. When I read something online, I'm at a desk. I don't listen to music while reading and tend not to snack. I typically just drink water, but whatever else I'm having at the time is fine.
Jun 26, 11:47 AM

Jul 2013
I dont consume manga. You didnt expect that did you?
Jun 26, 11:48 AM

Jun 2024
I can read manga in public, but I can't do that with anime.
Jun 26, 2:09 PM

Feb 2024
I rarely read manga/comics, and only when I'm too distracted to focus on a real novel while being bored with what's happening around me. It's always some inappropriate situation, like the last time I read Uriah in the church, and I swear, the guy sitting next to me got a boner looking over my shoulder.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Jun 26, 3:06 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to LoveYourSmile
I rarely read manga/comics, and only when I'm too distracted to focus on a real novel while being bored with what's happening around me. It's always some inappropriate situation, like the last time I read Uriah in the church, and I swear, the guy sitting next to me got a boner looking over my shoulder.
@LoveYourSmile ok, same question but with anime?
Jun 26, 3:29 PM

Feb 2024
Reply to Rabnawaz2
@LoveYourSmile ok, same question but with anime?
@Rabnawaz2 Just normally, on a couch in front of TV in the night. No special breaks, schedule or discipline, the more - the better. Can consume a full 1 cour in 1 night if I feel excited, but barely remember character names afterwards lol.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Jun 26, 3:35 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@Rabnawaz2 Just normally, on a couch in front of TV in the night. No special breaks, schedule or discipline, the more - the better. Can consume a full 1 cour in 1 night if I feel excited, but barely remember character names afterwards lol.
@LoveYourSmile thats amazing i want that brain power, for me, making notes is helpful for remembering series
Jun 26, 6:45 PM

Jul 2021
i like to take it on the go with me, busting it out in place of scrolling on my phone

Jun 28, 9:28 PM
best user ever

May 2022
Lying down is the best for me personally.
Jun 28, 9:54 PM

Dec 2021
There is but one way to consume the contents from the paper.

Daviljoe193Jun 28, 9:58 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Jun 29, 4:06 PM

Mar 2008
I salt it up and omnomnomnom :3

I sometimes am listening to music and eating or just laying around.
Jun 29, 5:13 PM

Jun 2016
I offer each mangankan $20 to fly to my house and read the manga they published to me personally, beginning each sentence with Japanese then translating it to English.

More topics from this board

» Do you like taking photographs/recording vids and uploading it online?

DesuMaiden - 7 hours ago

20 by deg »»
3 minutes ago

» How Do You Respond to Anti-Feline Purropaganda?

KittenCuddler - 6 hours ago

5 by AnimeFreak-San »»
16 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

77 by OrbitEstates »»
43 minutes ago

» アニメ文化祭とはどんなイベントなのでしょうか? What kind of event is the Anime Culture Festival ?

ISeeLifePeople - 2 hours ago

0 by ISeeLifePeople »»
2 hours ago

» Do you think there is life in the Andromeda galaxy?

Absurdo_N - Sep 21

18 by Kurt_Irving »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.