Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 20, 8:51 AM

Aug 2022
Not worry about it.

It's really that simple.

“Today I escaped anxiety. Or no, I discarded it, because it was within me, in my own perceptions — not outside.”

It is not outside forces that make us feel angry, fearful or sad; it is how we think about the situation.
Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
Jun 20, 8:52 AM

Jun 2024
Anxiety isn't real. It can't hurt you. I bet these snowflakes think being called mean names is difficult to deal with as well.
Jun 20, 9:31 AM

Sep 2016
Just listen to this song:

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 20, 9:33 AM

Jan 2009
the greatest enemy is always yourself as the saying goes

for some their inner demons are just stronger than them
Jun 20, 9:53 AM

Oct 2010
That mindset may seem positive at first glance, but it is ultimately unempathetic, unhelpful, and counterproductive.

Unpleasant feelings are not inherently wrong or unhealthy, they serve an important purpose in our functioning. And in cases when they are problematic or overwhelming, the last thing people need is to be told to simply "turn them off". It's neither true nor sensitive to their struggles, learning to better regulate your emotions is a process.
Jun 20, 9:59 AM
Jun 2021
Acceptance. No matter what outcome, just accept it. Notice how life always just works it self out? That thing you worried about 5 years ago? Do you care about it now?
Jun 20, 10:08 AM

Jul 2013
Don't engage in extremely illegal activities. And you don't need to feel extreme anxiety of getting caught lol.
Jun 20, 10:10 AM

Nov 2023
By realizing that you are going to die and nothin you ever did is going to matter. Why worry?

00cactus
Jun 20, 10:51 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Worry,afraid,doubt etc are signals for uncertain event its good to reevaluate and rexheck on unclear point if u havnt it means ur lame since this function more likely nocyceptor in our body

Jun 20, 10:51 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to ProtoSelf
By realizing that you are going to die and nothin you ever did is going to matter. Why worry?
@ProtoSelf Worry about afterlife, for instance?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Jun 20, 10:53 AM

Feb 2018
That really depends on what kind of worry it is no? If a person has mountains of debt, they can't just not worry about it. Or if their livelihood is at stake. But I do like the concept of out of sight, out of mind. Should be used as much as possible for peace of mind.
Resign? 🕊➤Yes / No Resign? Yes / ⚔➤No

Jun 20, 10:55 AM

Feb 2018
LoveYourSmile said:

I worry about what my second afterlife, after my first afterlife would be like.

Jun 20, 11:00 AM

Feb 2018
Daconator said:
That mindset may seem positive at first glance, but it is ultimately unempathetic, unhelpful, and counterproductive.

Unpleasant feelings are not inherently wrong or unhealthy, they serve an important purpose in our functioning. And in cases when they are problematic or overwhelming, the last thing people need is to be told to simply "turn them off". It's neither true nor sensitive to their struggles, learning to better regulate your emotions is a process.

fk facts. 💯💯💯
Sometimes your ass need to be on fire to be motivated to move in the right direction. To not worry about, can also be a cope out due to fear

Jun 20, 11:00 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to tsukareru
LoveYourSmile said:

I worry about what my second afterlife, after my first afterlife would be like.
@tsukareru How do you know it's not your eternal afterlife already? Sounds worrisome.
Jun 20, 11:02 AM

Feb 2018
LoveYourSmile said:
@tsukareru How do you know it's not your eternal afterlife already? Sounds worrisome.

oh well I meant it half heartedly as a joke. Imo there's no point to worry about the afterlife when the current life will always give plenty to worry about.

Jun 20, 12:47 PM

Nov 2023
Reply to LoveYourSmile
Neither you nor I know whether there is one. Do you get worried about a demon lurking right behind you as you walk? No. But can I prove there is no demon lurking behind your back? No.

00cactus
Jun 20, 12:56 PM

Feb 2024
Reply to ProtoSelf
Neither you nor I know whether there is one. Do you get worried about a demon lurking right behind you as you walk? No. But can I prove there is no demon lurking behind your back? No.
@ProtoSelf Now you made me feel uncomfortable about that hypothetical demon... Is it male or female? What's its intent? More and more things to worry about.
Jun 20, 12:58 PM

Aug 2019
just deny reality
just doesn't care about anything
lie down and rot
Jun 20, 1:55 PM

Jun 2024
But it's hard for me not to worry about not worrying too, so what do I do now?
Jun 20, 4:56 PM
Apr 2022
1. listen to music and stay hydrated
2. look on the bright side
3. do what you can do
Jun 21, 7:14 AM
Jul 2018
“sometimes we create bigger problems in our imagination than it is in reality.” i seen this in a book somewhere and my sister said this to me plenty of times. depends on the worry though
Jun 21, 7:28 AM

Sep 2023
vasipi4946 said:
How to not be worried about something

Stoicism and the philosophy of Lao Tzu can be quite helpful
Jun 21, 7:21 PM

Sep 2023
vasipi4946 said:
I discarded it

however, your emotions are important, and you should not discard or get rid of them. What you must do is to understand yourself
Faisal-AbdulhadiJun 21, 7:24 PM
Jun 21, 11:39 PM

Jan 2009
Kinda like in this chart schematically pictured:

https://medium.com/@veda.bhattaram/a-practical-guide-to-stoicism-d43edc98ffb7

But it's easier said than done
Jun 21, 11:57 PM

Feb 2024
Reply to Noboru

@Noboru Long time no see, buddy. Finished talking to your waifu? I missed your optimism on this doomed section of the forums.
Jun 22, 2:12 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@Noboru Long time no see, buddy. Finished talking to your waifu? I missed your optimism on this doomed section of the forums.
@LoveYourSmile lol, I'm still way more active than months ago and post here and there, my neighbor from Bavaria
We aren't at that stage yet, nor have we finished talking. I'm rather neutral, but do favor positive interpretations

If something is within someone's power, they can be confident about their own abilities and work on that
If something is outside someone's power, they can treat it as "it can't be helped"

The issues with these two statements lie in the following:
1) confidence is dependent on the self-image which can deteriorate with negative experiences and/or a lack of positive ones
2) Some things that are out of control may still feel important to someone
3) It's not always clear what is in control and what is out of control and from the latter: what can be in control
Jun 23, 3:28 PM

Jul 2021
i think therefore i am, and therefore im not

Jun 23, 3:32 PM

Mar 2008
How you think about something is directly influences by your genes, environment and experiences. So even when it seems it comes from within it comes from outside sources allowing that. If just feeling a certain way for no reason is all there is then the key to bliss is shooting up heroin but that is synthetic feelings. There needs to be a balance between external quality and internal management.
Jun 23, 9:51 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Prayer, music, distracting yourself with something else, knocking it out right away. It really depends on what it is.
Jun 24, 12:01 AM

Oct 2021
Sometimes, sleeping is the only option for me. Watching anime or spending time with friends doesn't work everytime.
Jun 24, 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Noboru

no is not going to solve my problem
i did not want to give her the house 2 video
im going to cry about that
it does not work out in that way
she is still not happy with me about that
Jun 24, 9:10 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to removed-user
no is not going to solve my problem
im going to cry about that
it does not work out in that way
she is still not happy with me about that
@iwasaloneforever For some reason, I didn't get notified
This chart is not about solving problems, but rather it's about not worrying about them. I've posted my own criticism about it just a few postings above in #26
What made you give her the House 2 video, then?
You have all the rights to cry
If it does not work out in that way, maybe in another
Maybe you can find something else to make her happy with you about, instead
Jun 24, 3:18 PM

Jan 2017
Reply to Noboru

@Noboru I mean the issue with this is that when there are actual real problems there are various levels of being able to "do something about it" and I'd say in most cases for most major stressors there's always "something to do about it" it just may be something drastic.

For example if your stressor is your job, family, life path, relationship "doing something" for example could be quitting your job, disowning your family, changing your entire life path or ending your relationship. Of course all these things are very drastic choices but if stress has gotten that unbearable you'll always still feel that you "can" do something about it.

And thus whether you make that choice or not both will result in extreme stress, both sticking the path or staying the path. In that situation where is the actual solution to not worry? Of course most people who end up in this situation of extreme stress usually try to escape with substance abuse or other ways to dissociate and cope but that does not eliminate worry or stress, it just masks it.

So what's the real solution to stress?
Jun 25, 6:30 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Cneq
@Noboru I mean the issue with this is that when there are actual real problems there are various levels of being able to "do something about it" and I'd say in most cases for most major stressors there's always "something to do about it" it just may be something drastic.

For example if your stressor is your job, family, life path, relationship "doing something" for example could be quitting your job, disowning your family, changing your entire life path or ending your relationship. Of course all these things are very drastic choices but if stress has gotten that unbearable you'll always still feel that you "can" do something about it.

And thus whether you make that choice or not both will result in extreme stress, both sticking the path or staying the path. In that situation where is the actual solution to not worry? Of course most people who end up in this situation of extreme stress usually try to escape with substance abuse or other ways to dissociate and cope but that does not eliminate worry or stress, it just masks it.

So what's the real solution to stress?
@Cneq It's a matter of perception: if you care less, you are less stressed. Otherwise it would be about finding out why exactly something or someone stresses you and at least trying to talk it out with them. Additionally, you might find things to relieve your stress
Jun 25, 7:32 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Noboru

@Noboru

Seems like there's an important question missing after the 2nd yes:

Did you fix the problem?

Yes -> Then don't worry
No -> Then worry
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 25, 8:25 AM

Nov 2018
Well, just don't think about it, I guess.

Jun 25, 8:58 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Zarutaku
@Noboru

Seems like there's an important question missing after the 2nd yes:

Did you fix the problem?

Yes -> Then don't worry
No -> Then worry
@Zarutaku That depends on how important that problem is
I would include 2 more questions before the "Can you do something?", instead:
1) Is it important now? If no: Then don't worry.
If picked "yes": 2) Do you think it will still matter in 5 years?
And only then continue with the other questions, so ultimately, you will still end up most-likely with the option to not worry
Aug 2, 1:26 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Noboru
@iwasaloneforever For some reason, I didn't get notified
This chart is not about solving problems, but rather it's about not worrying about them. I've posted my own criticism about it just a few postings above in #26
What made you give her the House 2 video, then?
You have all the rights to cry
If it does not work out in that way, maybe in another
Maybe you can find something else to make her happy with you about, instead
and i dont care if she is not happy with me about that
Aug 2, 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to removed-user
and i dont care if she is not happy with me about that
@iwasaloneforever Not being notified again
Why did you give her the house 2 video if you did not want to, then?

More topics from this board

» How Do You Respond to Anti-Feline Purropaganda?

KittenCuddler - 7 hours ago

7 by deg »»
18 minutes ago

» I bet you can't guess from what game this piano piece is

philtecturophy - Yesterday

8 by philtecturophy »»
53 minutes ago

» Do you like taking photographs/recording vids and uploading it online?

DesuMaiden - 8 hours ago

21 by philtecturophy »»
58 minutes ago

» アニメ文化祭とはどんなイベントなのでしょうか? What kind of event is the Anime Culture Festival ?

ISeeLifePeople - 3 hours ago

0 by ISeeLifePeople »»
3 hours ago

» Do you think there is life in the Andromeda galaxy?

Absurdo_N - Sep 21

18 by Kurt_Irving »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.