Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Unnamed Memory (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 28, 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Episode just goes to show how fragile life is in their world. A wife with a lost husband...

Tinasha still feels like the word of reason in this show while Oscar tries to help the helpless. It looks like the show continues to try and expand its world fiction elements too. Wonder how many other forts are like their world? Anyways, I hope this show starts building into its climax soon with not many episodes left to air.
Stark700May 28, 10:57 PM
May 28, 8:51 AM
May 2023
Wait so tinasha likes Oscar back?
May 28, 9:50 AM
Feb 2021
gonna watch soon, this episode will make or break this anime for me, ill see if I continue or drop it after todays ep, cuz this anime being rushed the way it is leaves me with zero fucks given about whats going on
May 28, 9:56 AM
Sep 2021
Oscar & Tinasha save another village & its people by defeating a godlike power.
May 28, 10:05 AM

Feb 2019
Oscar and Tinasha weekly masterclass. Still confused by how they seem to be jumping all over the timeline. No mention of the whole situation with Lanak from last week? Feels like we went quite a bit forward in the TL..

You can definitely tell Oscar and Tinasha are closer now though! They seem a lot more intimate and their synergy is getting even better. Even though the Ito/Elze stuff felt like a side story, still enjoyed the episode. I’m a little confused about Iristydia, is that all it took to kill him or is the god still alive?? Seems anticlimactic

That aside, Tinasha turning all red after Oscar kissed her goodnight is so cute!!
Marinate1016May 28, 2:36 PM
May 28, 10:26 AM
Sep 2015
I've to make sure if I skip an episode or not because it's totally different from previous episode, almost like a different anime.
Oscar penetrating Tinasha using his big sword is not depicted in an erotical sense, but a surgical sense instead.
May 28, 11:02 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
@SenshadouOtaku you realised this now
May 28, 11:04 AM
May 2023
Macha_Chele said:

The person below my original comment said it best. I don’t know wtf is going on anymore 😭
May 28, 11:06 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
Macha_Chele said:

The person below my original comment said it best. I don’t know wtf is going on anymore 😭
@SenshadouOtaku I think it was implemented that she likes him but yeah they skipped way too much so I don't blame you for that.
Studio butchered such a good story
May 28, 11:07 AM

Dec 2018
I am so confused...wtf was all that contrived nonsense? Nothing here adds up but I feel like if it was done properly it could have been good.
May 28, 11:09 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to WaterMage
@SenshadouOtaku I think it was implemented that she likes him but yeah they skipped way too much so I don't blame you for that.
@Macha_Chele ah I had a feeling something was way off about this episode, too bad.
May 28, 11:13 AM
May 2023
Macha_Chele said:

Okay let me take back what I had asked in the beginning and ask the correct question. Are Tinasha and Oscar now married?
May 28, 11:22 AM

May 2019
The transition from the previous episode to this one was a bit jarring with what happened with the widow seeming to be a side story but also with unanswered questions about Tinasha and Oscar's relationship. My guess is that they're not married yet since Tinasha is turning into a cat in bed with him around and they implied that Oscar may be tempted to make a move if she's in her human form.

May 28, 11:33 AM
Jul 2021
I haven't read the manga, but I've heard people say the anime is very rushed and skips a lot. Definitely noticed it this episode again, as idk where they were or how they got there.
May 28, 11:58 AM
Jul 2020
This anime is absolute trash, like the source material is great, and I like it, but the adaptation is appalling
May 28, 12:19 PM
Jul 2023
Kill a Elze's husband, destroy her village, try to seal her away. Then she'll really love you. Apparently these are the steps to courtship in this show.
May 28, 12:20 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to WaterMage
Macha_Chele said:

Why would he? This is an adaptation of a romance novel except skipping all the romance.

I mean one episode he's pretending to rape her as a prank pretty much
May 28, 12:31 PM

Oct 2017
More random stuff but anyway Tinasha turning red was cute.
May 28, 12:32 PM
Sep 2023
Huh?Tinasha didn't even have any feelings for Oscar until a few episodes ago.
And now they suddenly became love-dovely.Tinasha even blushes now.
May 28, 12:35 PM
Sep 2019
If they would have ended the episode right at that point
I wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight..

So thanks for saving me lol.

2 back to Great episode keep the quality to the end might be able to save the series with whatever happens in part 1.
May 28, 12:37 PM
Sep 2019
Reply to Rom-Com_lover
Huh?Tinasha didn't even have any feelings for Oscar until a few episodes ago.
And now they suddenly became love-dovely.Tinasha even blushes now.
@Rom-Com_lover obviously she had a mission to live for and Hance seeps kept on ignoring him.
But now that mission is done
She can live as she likes too. And that includes accepting her feelings about him which is still a mess but it's definitely not a No no .

NOTHING WRONG IN THAT, UNLESS you missed the previous episode, sorry for the spoiler then.
May 28, 1:30 PM
Dec 2023
why am i still watching this

(it's only cuz i'm not one to drop a show)
May 28, 1:42 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
Macha_Chele said:

Okay let me take back what I had asked in the beginning and ask the correct question. Are Tinasha and Oscar now married?
SenshadouOtaku said:
Are Tinasha and Oscar now married?

no. they arent married
May 28, 2:11 PM

Feb 2017
This show went for dramatic action show when it should have just gone for a romance show without skipping all the character development
May 28, 2:49 PM
Mar 2013
i dunno why but i sort of like this show a lot, maybe i love the plot (i also know what will happen and their fate). I just wish it wont end in 1 season but this is the kind of anime that will pass by unnoticed.
May 28, 3:30 PM
Oct 2022
Insane episode, great action!
Irityrdia, the real god of Tayiri, had a fight with Tinasha and she lost. She possessed and killed so many people and now that thing is solved, she cannot kill anyone now.

Menndert Fortress, eastern Farsas, is a huge fortress with a rich history. Maybe that person from ancient script was possessed too by that deity.

Fun fact: I did not know that Tinasha can transform in a cat. She is a witch after all, so I should have been prepared to see more things like this from her.

I really hope Tinasha and Oscar could be together. They share a beautiful relationship and the feeling between them will get stronger and stronger. She clearly likes Oscar.
May 28, 4:45 PM

Dec 2015
the only good parts were Oscar and Tina in bed... both times. well, that's the norm with this show... crap.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
May 28, 4:46 PM

Jan 2024
Reply to sodrainz
Macha_Chele said:

Why would he? This is an adaptation of a romance novel except skipping all the romance.

I mean one episode he's pretending to rape her as a prank pretty much
@sodrainz yeah after watching this I read the manga (which the anime has overtaken btw) and their was lot more little buildup and progression which the anime skipped most of all except major plots.
But even if I think only watching anime you can see she actually cares about Oscar enough.
May 28, 5:20 PM
May 2017
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
@SenshadouOtaku Tinasha loves Oscar as much as he loves her.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 28, 5:25 PM
May 2017
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
Macha_Chele said:

@SenshadouOtaku Tinasha is Oscar's fiancée since previous episode.
May 28, 5:29 PM
May 2017
Another very good episode! Definitely, I will read the light novels.
May 28, 5:33 PM
May 2023
leonardobarba said:

I got the impression that there was still time left on their contract. Nothing more???
May 28, 5:34 PM
May 2023
leonardobarba said:

I have to disagree. This episode was confusing to say the least
May 28, 5:56 PM

Jul 2014
Honestly, ever since episode 3, the quality of the adaptation dropped a lot
I was really interested about how the characters and the story would evolve, especially with the line of the first episode "This is a story where everything can be rewritten.", and the dude that got killed by Lanak (which in the end wasn't event that strong anyway so why was it shown as someone super dangerous?)

But now, look at it, the story is rushed as if it's a checklist of events to make, the relationship forced because it wasn't properly developped, and despite all the rushing and how much they ruined the relationship, we still don't know anything about the actual story of this serie because we still don't know anything about the actual important stuff

So my question is, why did they rushed that much if it wasn't even to go to "good part" anyway? By rushing to nowhere, they literally made it much worse than it could've been

I'll probably try to keep watching until the end of the season, I mean, might as well at this point, but god it's a wasted potential
May 28, 6:35 PM

Mar 2013
At the very least, even if they skimmed the source, we can still have the info where they will eventually get together... and this episode approves of it.

Yes, it's a wasted potential.
...You could've made three to four seasons of this series if they didn't skipped the sidelines and even the sub-mains. SMH.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 28, 8:17 PM

Sep 2018
WTF, did I miss something? Did they explain why Elze wants to get close to the guy who killed her Husband, or at least cares for him? I hope I missed something, or that is some ungodly trashy garbage writing right there. Dropped again from 3/10 to 2/10.
May 28, 8:53 PM
Feb 2021
yeah had to drop this one, I enjoyed the first 4 eps and the OP, after that it started to fall apart, I don't even need to check the original work to see the obvious mess that this adaptation is, ep6 of this crap has to be the worst episode of an anime I watched this year so far, like I said I was going to see if I dropped or continued after this episode and after a decent episode 7 , this one brought us back on track to the jumping from plot point to plot point fast foward mode, I have no care left in me anymore to continue, theres no engagement with a story that is rushed like this, so I dropped, I may check the final episode to see how they will fck this one further, glad to see its score lowering, it should have been below 6 since... ep6.
May 28, 8:55 PM
Feb 2021
Also I don't have the habit to check what studios made the animes I have added on my plan to watch, after this garbage im definitely checking any future entry if theyre made by this horrible, talentless hack of an studio called ENGI.
May 28, 9:29 PM
Apr 2022
This might not make sense, and I can sympathize. But basically, Elze's marriage was an arranged one, so she was never attracted to her husband. She married him out of duty. She's attracted to this new guy, but she has a love-hate relationship because he killed her husband, so she's...obligated to hold a grudge against him. Why is she attracted to him was never explained in the light novel, aside from the guy having nice eyes and rizz, I suppose, but it was meant to do the whole "duty versus personal desire" thing.

Also, the whole point of this episode is to foreshadow the possibility of time traveling - the woman's son, for example, being a swordsman in blue who traveled back in time to save his mom, even though he would cease to exist if he did so - he was the offspring of her and a cruel nomad who abducted her and basically abused her to death during captivity. He also killed his dad (this wasn't mentioned in the anime, but it happened in the light novel). I won't go into details now, but this time travel thing (and the consequences, or the choice the time traveler made) becomes a very important plot point later in the series. That's why Elze asked Tinasha what she would do if she was in the time traveler's position.
May 28, 10:33 PM

Dec 2010
Reply to Gal3riel
i dunno why but i sort of like this show a lot, maybe i love the plot (i also know what will happen and their fate). I just wish it wont end in 1 season but this is the kind of anime that will pass by unnoticed.
@Gal3riel If is not a bother you can spoil it about what will happen till the very end, since it appear that this adaption will be incomplete and subpar. Seems the studio is trying to cram some books in a bunch of episodes just for the sake to do it but make no sernse for anime only viewers.
May 28, 10:36 PM
Mar 2013
As an episode of an anime, it was sub par but watchable. As an adaptation of the light novel it was absolute atrociously adapted and unforgivably bad. As a lover of the light novels they’ve cut so much and what they did adapt is just so bad i can’t even be happy anymore, I’m watching it more out of an obligation than anything
May 29, 6:00 AM
May 2017
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
leonardobarba said:

I got the impression that there was still time left on their contract. Nothing more???
@SenshadouOtaku Tinasha has more or less half of her contract with Oscar to fulfill but things happened...
May 29, 6:24 AM
May 2017
Reply to SenshadouOtaku
leonardobarba said:

I have to disagree. This episode was confusing to say the least
@SenshadouOtaku Good story, very good characters and good character design, art and animation with bad direction. Rename the anime to 'Oscar and Tinasha' and it becomes very good; as an adaptation of the light novel, it does not reach the baseline. The story development missing in the anime must be present in the light novel. It is possible to understand the story even with the direction.
May 29, 8:14 AM
Jan 2024
Reply to Kuroimi
I was really interested about how the characters and the story would evolve, especially with the line of the first episode "This is a story where everything can be rewritten.", and the dude that got killed by Lanak (which in the end wasn't event that strong anyway so why was it shown as someone super dangerous?)

But now, look at it, the story is rushed as if it's a checklist of events to make, the relationship forced because it wasn't properly developped, and despite all the rushing and how much they ruined the relationship, we still don't know anything about the actual story of this serie because we still don't know anything about the actual important stuff

So my question is, why did they rushed that much if it wasn't even to go to "good part" anyway? By rushing to nowhere, they literally made it much worse than it could've been

I'll probably try to keep watching until the end of the season, I mean, might as well at this point, but god it's a wasted potential
@Kuroimi Finally, an explanation from the light novel. Thanks to you. Unfortunately, even with these explanations, it still remains incoherent imo.

That Elze was happy or unhappy in her previous marriage is one thing. That the chief of the vagabonds/pillagers massacred her former village is another. I’m anime-only, but we can assume that children were orphaned and women were widowed just cuz a guy wanted to kidnap Elze. She has every reason to hate him and feel no trace of love for him.

And how is it that the Ito group is still at large after such actions, knowing that this must have been a recurring event since it’s their activity? Elze’s village must have just been one among many

Tbh, letting her take care of the children would have been the best outcome. I didn’t appreciate the scene under the tree at all. I was like, ‘okay, we piss off everyone who lost everything and giving them a happy ending.’ . But that’s just my opinion
May 29, 11:06 AM
May 2017
I am so confused with plot that i watched ep 7 again to check if i have memory problems, but boy i dont.
May 29, 3:11 PM
Jun 2023
great episode, this anime is very underrated
May 29, 7:33 PM
Mar 2019
Oscar making the moves...again. Black magic cat in the house.
May 29, 9:02 PM

Nov 2011
Whoever get a chance to read this, I feel this anime is very strange and messy. The character building the messiest of all, at one moment you have the witch keeping her distance from the MC like a typical human being to ghosts, yet at other moments it would be as if she suddenly changes her mind and allows the MC doing all kinds of flirting or hugging with her no matter what scene it is. Personally, I am very disgusted by the way they play around their relationship in such an illogical, nonsense manner since I've always been the person to enjoy a good romance anime. Then again, maybe it all comes down to the lack of details anime always fails to cover from the original LN source. Only those who's read the LN would know, I guess. Right now, this anime really grosses me out, but I am just going to be skipping through eps until the end and hope for the best, the OP/ED songs are just too good, a huge pity for such nasty style of a plot
May 29, 9:10 PM

Nov 2011
Reply to Kuroimi

@Kuroimi Sounds like someone already finished the LN, this comment gave me a lot of confidence about the strangeness and disappointment I am feeling about this anime right now, thank you very much for your comment without any spoiler, abiding the rule of the forum and respecting a viewer like me who is entirely new to this title/ hates spoilers. Thank you
May 30, 6:59 AM

Feb 2021
Her body really slim like a cat :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 25

143 by sptu-trbangg »»
Aug 24, 9:44 PM

» Why was this ok show hype up so much by the LN readers

Hickykissy - Aug 10

11 by NonSenseWILH »»
Aug 21, 12:35 AM

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 7

94 by suyumanda »»
Aug 15, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 21

50 by xLoesje »»
Aug 3, 1:50 PM

» Why a second season?! What’s the point?

Lisasn - Jun 25

27 by hazecloud »»
Aug 3, 2:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.