Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Apr 19, 12:25 AM

Oct 2022
He fails to communicate nothing with gestures. This time they gave him a break and decided to call him fake instead of corrupt. Proof? At this point in the story it has already been winter for six months and they are in the middle of a raging blizzard. it seems they might have been so obsessed with having lots of time pass that they forgot to make time pass. Allegedly she smells nice not sure how it exactly. She is the pervert at this point. He pulled The heroes sword. Monsters have instincts to destroy items that might endanger them. He did not pull the hero sword. You aren’t a fake hero if you are the hero of the whole world. She is grateful as hell. A concept that has not yet been confirmed whether or not it exists. Birthday Dong. According to her, he has never ran away from a fight. Are we supposed to believe this? He does not consider food to be a gift. 2
Apr 20, 11:40 AM
Apr 2022
Stark, my man ... you're a warrior :)
Apr 22, 6:30 PM

Feb 2021
Men always wrong :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 6, 11:34 PM
Dec 2023
stark is so based fr
May 8, 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
Happy birthday to Stark! He had a really good brother bruh!!! RIP
May 8, 6:34 PM
Apr 2024
An anime that deserves the highest rating
May 9, 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
What's with Fern calling him a perv that much this episode? I guess he wasn't allowed to carry Frieren because Fern would get jealous. We also got some Stark backstory, the flashbacks are always well placed in the show.
May 11, 10:19 PM

Jul 2021
An interesting villlage so far up north. I wonder how they have survived so long, i suspect it must be very tough though they were quite kind and i find it very funny how the chief is a little girl. The tale of Himmel being the one to pull out the hero sword honestly made me very happy but learning that he didnt actually pull out the sword made me kind of sad, but him still being postive about being the one to slay the demon king made me happy, hes a true hero in my eyes.

The fight against those wolf monster things was nice and Stark was putting in work with his axe spinning around and slicing and dicing. That lord of the mountain was quite cool and the fight against it was nice.

Starks 18 birthday Frieren reminding Fern was quite nice and Frieren saying she already had present was kind of her and it being a potion that dissolves clothes was quite funny, Fern pouring it on Frieren was funny and Fern being thoughtful about what to get him was nice of her. Stark helping out all those people in the village was quite kind of him and then Fern finding him pointing out clouds that looked like poop or boobs was funny.

Starks backstory was sad and seeing him being called the failure of his family made me sad but it was nice of his brother to look out for him and train him and cook him that meal for his birthday just like Eisen and Frieren.

May 13, 2:16 PM
Jan 2022
Ok episode tbh it was m just ok
May 21, 2:36 AM
Mar 2021
Fern is annoying as hell.
May 21, 12:06 PM
Aug 2021
very enjoyable episode
May 29, 5:22 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to Pop_Smoke_MPR
Fern is annoying as hell.
@Pop_Smoke_MPR

Nah she is great.
Jun 10, 1:43 AM
Oct 2023
Man this keeps getting better and better! The comedic scenes are so well done. All characters are well written too! Lovely episode, made me like Stark more!
Jun 10, 5:11 AM
Aug 2021
Watching this episode was like a revelation for me, the first time I found myself truly understanding the beauty of this show.
Jun 11, 3:22 AM
Apr 2024
It is very good!!!
Jun 20, 2:56 PM

May 2008
There are many great moments in this anime, but this one is my favorite:

Jun 21, 11:00 AM
Nov 2020
Such a sweet episode <3 Love to watch episodes that goes into the sweet moments of character back story like this.
Jun 22, 2:47 AM
Aug 2023
Fern being so protective of Frieren is amazingly cute, as is her tsundere'ing at Stark.
Jun 23, 5:53 AM

Mar 2015
A light-hearted episode mixing moments of good comedy with learning about Stark's painful past. This anime develops its characters quite spectacularly!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 23, 9:33 AM

Aug 2022
Great episode, again !!!
This anime really is incredible. And consistant.
Aug 4, 2:47 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was so wholesome to watch, but also quite sad at the same time.
It was wholesome because the main cast Fern, Frieren and Stark are amazing, and I loved that we're within seconds of the episode, and Fern is already attacking Stark and calling him a perv, when he only wanted to help carrying Frieren. Poor man xD
It's also Stark's 18th birthday! He's officially a man now, and Frieren has the perfect gift for him (that was the funniest part of the episode, Fern's horror face when Frieren revealed the cloth dissolving potion xD).
Stark revealing that his family was quite harsh for him, with the exception of the greatest warrior of the village, that was his brother, that really cared for him, but at the end Stark needed to run away from the village and let his brother behind due to the demon's attack. It's honestly really sad that he has been carrying that burden with him for so long now, and I'm really glad he met Fern, because Fern told him the things he needed to hear the most I feel like. Them buying the gift was really cute too.
And Frieren surprised them by cooking a really big hamburger, a tradition between warriors, that is done for to commemorate the anniversary of great warriors, but Stark didn't know about this last part, so now he realises that his brother really saw a lot of potential in him, and he was right, because his little brother is now an amazing and kind warrior. The fact that he helped so many people in his own birthday just shows how good-hearted he is.
AND FRIEREN STILL HAD A BIT OF THAT POTION. XD

For real, I don't know what other think, but I feel like these kind of episodes are as good, as the action packed ones from the demons mini-arc. I just loved this episode so much, and I'm loving this anime overall. Knowing that after the next 16 episodes I don't have anything more to watch makes me genuinely sad.

Edit: Also, can we talk how perfect the ship Fern x Stark is????? Like, I feel like the anime will be doing the time skips frequently, so I do think they might end up as a couple in the future, and that would be really cute actually, and I HOPE THAT HAPPENS. The ship needs to sail in the future.

IzanaSolos said:
If the issue of Stark's brother doesn't resurface later, I'll assume that he was indeed killed.

In relation to this, I also got the feeling that his brother isn't dead, since they really didn't want to show him getting kilked, so maybe we will see Stark's older brother in the future, and possible reunion? That would be really cute and really good for Stark, because he has gone through so much. Also, someone pointed out how Stark helped people on the village, because that was what Himmel did, but I don't agree it was because of that, since he has been shown to get involved with the people of the village quite often, playing with the children too, and he actually helped a lot the village where he used to live in too, so I don't think that scene was to show he was being "childish" by imitating Himmel, but instead was showing that he really has a good heart and that he has the spirit and skills of a true warrior, something that his dad always said that he didn't, so I feel like this scene was to tie more the present to what was said to him in the past, that we saw right after in the episode.

Also, let's not forget, Stark Best Boy
PokefanPTAug 4, 3:08 PM
Aug 5, 11:00 PM
Jan 2015
fake hero, i love the idea. real or not he proved it right either way.
Aug 22, 5:55 AM
Nov 2022
id like to have that potion if stark doesnt want it
Aug 24, 11:45 PM
Jul 2022
I fricking love this episode, all episode involving Stark's backstory and character is good. The only episode in Frieren that I cried, and I love the entirety of Frieren.
Aug 27, 11:57 AM

May 2011
Stark x Fern :)

Aniki! :(
Sep 8, 2:31 PM

Oct 2022
Blahhhh... this show doesn't know a thing about momentum.
More walking and talking, walking and talking, talking in monotone for another episode. Why do these modern shows use the word 'Hero' as if it's a job title?
Hero is supposed to be used as an adjective, it's a description granted to people who do amazing heroic things like save people- not a job you apply for. So the phrase "why did you become a hero?" makes no sense. "Why are you considered a hero" would be more appropriate, though it would be a strange thing to ask someone.

In an unrelated scene, it made no sense that Frieren suddenly goes out of character- instead of being the bland monotone blank faced elf she suddenly jumps off the bed and gets into her suitcase and pulls out some bottle- should have been liquor- but instead is a potion to dissolve clothing and she starts talking all animated... no idea why.
It's followed by more talking and petty drama. The only excitement was when some goofy wolf monster attacked them when they were..... oh god... THE SWORD IN THE STONE. Oh for fuck sake. Then we're shown a bunch of characters we've never seen before wearing white robes, okay some backstory for Stark here. I've never been a fan of tragic backstories, especially when the trope is used by a show that has absolutely ZERO understanding of narrative structure or dramatic timing.
10% interesting, 90% boring. This ain't no masterpiece.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

» Is this your fav anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Ghost_Davo - Sep 22

128 by TheSunLife »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

279 by Neokyuz »»
Yesterday, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

909 by alippskuy »»
Yesterday, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

328 by Sphystius »»
Sep 22, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

560 by Neokyuz »»
Sep 22, 10:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.