Forum Settings
Forums

What's your most controversial anime among your favorites?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 11, 10:51 PM
Mar 2020
I have eminence in shadow in my top 5. And I’m not an idealized guy at all. That’s prob my most controversial.
Apr 12, 12:33 AM

Nov 2016
I suppose the only controversial favourite of mine is Rakugo Shinjuu Season 2, only for the
Apr 25, 9:31 PM
☆RetroRice☆

Oct 2023
Rurouni kenshin. There’s nothing controversial or problematic in it, but the author made the series a pain to bring up when talking about anime. Fantastic franchise that helped me when I was in a bad place, but I will forever despise the creator
Gee, it sure is boring around here
Apr 26, 4:50 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to DGemu
@Kushna Wouldnt it be Hibike Euphonium? Ya know? The show about yuri baiting minors?
@DGemu I only saw you mention me while I was going through the comments. I dunno why you're saying that; maybe you just view Hibike as that Yuri baiting minors or you're egging me to say something childish to defend the show, but no, it's not my responsibility to "defend" that show or justify my reasons for liking it, nor is it my job to convince you to like it. I'll just leave this single clip as to why I started watching the show and leave it at that. MUSIC!
KushnaApr 26, 5:07 AM
Apr 26, 4:58 AM

Jul 2019
Well, Made in Abyss is kinda controversial but I doubt that's what you're looking for. I'll go with Ginga Nagareboshi Gin since that is a fairly unknown one.
Apr 26, 5:55 AM

Jan 2019
None tbh, my taste are pretty "mainstream", maybe JoJo's Part 5 as some others might prefer other parts lol
Apr 26, 6:06 AM

Mar 2024
Idk. If anyone knows if any of my favorite(s) are controversial, let me know
ラーメン食いに行こうぜ~
Apr 26, 6:06 AM

Jul 2021
Ugh, Code Geass I guess. My favorite animes are actually surprisingly mundane.
Apr 29, 2:46 AM

Jul 2016
Speaks for itself. If my waifu aint swirling my insides with a knife she doesn't really love me. 😤
Apr 29, 3:13 AM

Aug 2021
Fairy Tail, Edens Zeor and Gleipnir
Apr 29, 5:05 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to APolygons2
................................... { MARS RED } ....................................

You don't know what it is?

Ok then, allow me to change that and sell you on it:

@APolygons2 Instantly added this to my PTW
Apr 29, 5:06 AM
Apr 2020
I liked Highschool of the Dead? I mean yeah, it's a lot, but it was kinda fun?,

I also love Corpse Party, but ya either love or hate that kind of thing.
Apr 29, 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
Made in Abyss, of course... But, maybe Kaiba also because of it's different art style?

The rest are mostly SoL and CGDCT series, which I guess people like to bitch and moan about here?
removed-userApr 29, 6:57 AM
Apr 29, 7:36 PM

Mar 2024
don't have it favorited because i only have 10 spots, but definitely made in abyss.
Apr 29, 7:39 PM

Dec 2022
Yosuga no Sora

It's self-explanatory, really.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 29, 7:50 PM

Nov 2014
Death Note. It's banned in some countries.
Apr 29, 7:54 PM

Nov 2014
Reply to SouthRzVa
I guess Usagi Drop because of the route the manga takes after the events of the anime adaptation.

Also Made in Abyss.
@SouthRzVa

Usagi Drop was a very cute anime, but the manga ending made me think if it was still penned by the same author who wrote the first part of the story. What was once cute suddenly became "wait, wtf is this"

Seriously, what the fuck?
Apr 29, 7:57 PM

Jun 2023
Date A Live series. Sure it's harem, and the animation is wonky at times, but plot seems generally interesting.
Apr 29, 9:26 PM

Jul 2023
Watamote, people unable to sympathize with Tomoko complain a LOT
May 5, 8:08 PM

Dec 2019
Aria the Origination and Texhnolyze.
Reason: They could be boring for some people.
SynkiizMay 7, 6:27 PM
May 24, 9:43 PM

Aug 2019
I wouldn't say I'd add these series to my favorites, but in terms of series I liked more than most people: "Otogizoushi" has a surprisingly high drop rate in my opinion and a score to reflect it, but I thought the series was solid and the ending even bumped it up a score for me, and I've noticed a trend of me rating a 80s/90s anime more than the average score ("Youma," "Dimension Movement of Nazca," and "The Weathering Continent" for example), because I just fuck with the way stuff from those decades look that that elevates my viewing experience. Also, I think that "Mayoiga," "Pet," and "Otherside Picnic" should have a higher score than the one they currently have.

EDIT: Not to mention that I've rated some erotica stuff high enough that it'd get an eyebrow raise, but things should be considered on a case-by-case basis. If an erotica anime does a decent job at what it sets out to do then it should get a good score.
bucciestMay 24, 9:49 PM
May 24, 11:51 PM

Nov 2020
either gurren lagann for people hating the fanbase or jjk for apparently not being that good post-shibuya. my favorites are mostly pretty NPC. I generally like what most people like.
May 25, 12:02 AM

Feb 2021
easily Berserk (1997), but the ending of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu seemed very suggestive of a controversial territory.
May 25, 12:05 AM

May 2020
I guess the most questionable is Konosuba. Honestly watching season 3 and having read some of the LNs I am tempted to remove it from my faves but the first 2 seasons genuinely did bring me a lot of joy. The konosuba slot was meant for my favourite comedy anime anyway, and I still think it is probably worthy of that title.
May 25, 9:48 AM

Jul 2013
I don't watch controversial anime tbh...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7213 by AnimonyListano »»
2 minutes ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts?

Thy-Veseveia - 8 hours ago

15 by pk8list »»
8 minutes ago

» What is the superior Anime format? TV, Film, OVA, ONA, Shorts?

Dragevard - 9 hours ago

14 by Zarutaku »»
14 minutes ago

» ➢Is there an anime that you liked when you first watched it, but hate it when you look back?

Gashadokur0 - 9 hours ago

12 by kvandrada »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Best part of Fate Franchise?

Diamtheroad - Yesterday

26 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.