Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 8, 3:25 PM
Dec 2015
the anime feels fast paced, just straight to the next story without transition, like a compilation. i do wish they added a bit of filler between story so it doesnt feel abrupt

also i dont care about incest joke between daugther-in law / grand daughter and granpa. i dont really mind it
Apr 8, 4:18 PM
Jun 2019
nice premise, dull execution and the humor is mostly miss
Apr 8, 8:23 PM

Mar 2008
I was actually expecting something more on the serious side while this is pretty goofy but pretty funny and still wholesome. I like the premise.
Apr 8, 9:00 PM

Apr 2024
WTF is this hot mess.
it's so lame and wholesome at the same time.
cant blame the grandchild, she's still young, still get attracted by hot guys, tho
and grandpa turned into a phenomenal person with full of masculine hormone, xDD
Apr 8, 11:33 PM
Jan 2022
i think i love this story due to being riased and living with my grandparents since birth. super wholesome and some moments even got me laughing out loud. i know how its simple and somewhat cliche and may not be for everyone but i enjoyed the first episode alot.
Apr 8, 11:51 PM
Dec 2020
Isn't it a bit rushed??? I don't really understand the story at first
Apr 9, 2:30 AM
Apr 2020
goofy but wholesome
Apr 9, 3:03 AM
Feb 2024
Surprisingly wholesome. Found another weekly dose of wholesome to enjoy.
Apr 9, 3:11 AM
Dec 2023
I've been looking for my little marshmallow comedy of the season, and I think I've found the perfect anime to fill that role.
To be perfectly honest, I wasn't expecting anything too crazy. However, this 1st episode really won me over. Despite the animation being a bit off at times, the art direction is really pleasant, the concept is intriguing, it's funny, it's cute. At last we have an anime featuring our grandparents, which adds an extra charm to this lovely discovery. I wouldn't ask for anything more than a no-holds-barred romance anime. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 9, 10:42 AM

Oct 2020
I wonder why this has so low rating (7.23 at the moment) after such a great first episode?

Maybe a lot of people can't handle this type of humor?

For me, it worked really well. The reactions of some of the family members and friends were priceless and a lot of other jokes hit hard.
The best one was definitely the three-legged race scene, which made me scream in laughter.
Apr 9, 1:34 PM

Aug 2013
Grandma looking pretty good there. Interesting setting for sure. Kinda odd that nobody is more long-term shocked by the transformation from old to young though...
Apr 9, 3:39 PM
May 2020
I guess it was ok. Not a bad series to watch when you need a change of air
Apr 9, 3:46 PM

Nov 2020
Everything before the op is one of the worst introductions ever, it was so quick and bland xD
Ok, it's a lazily written comedy with no plot, it's not funny, plus hopeless dialogues and bad "animation" looks very bad, but I'll give it 3 episodes
Apr 9, 3:53 PM

May 2015
Absolute gem of a series! I've read quite a bit of the manga and its so good. Seeing it in anime form makes me grin even more.

And HOLY SHIT THE KANSAI ACCENTS!! I love baa-san's accent so much. Sulfur from last anime season also had a kansai accent and it makes such cute characters.

Cant wait to get more episodes.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 9, 3:55 PM

Apr 2021
I dropped it after 10 minutes.
Apr 9, 6:27 PM

Jun 2013
Alot of incest jokes hmm
Apr 9, 6:59 PM

Jul 2016
Granddaughter is sus.

Cute little show though I wasn't expecting the skit-based format. Wonder if it will be this way the whole season.
Apr 9, 7:49 PM
Jun 2021
So wholesome 😌
Apr 10, 7:16 AM
Aug 2023
great
The anime is great, the comedy is good
Apr 10, 7:16 AM
Oct 2023
Beautiful, needed this.
Apr 10, 10:24 PM
Apr 2021
Not wholesome with the daughter and granddaughter crushing on the dad. Gross.
Apr 11, 4:09 AM

Nov 2017
Dude this anime so funny and heartwarming. I laughing every moment in this first eps 😂

Apr 11, 5:41 AM

Jan 2021
It's.. cute... it's cute in a weird way.. although I like that they still speak with the dialect and mannerisms of the elders. It would be annoying if their way of speaking also changed like young people.

Apr 11, 6:05 AM

Oct 2008
what a wholesome show that i'll definitely follow!
5/5

Apr 12, 2:10 AM

Feb 2018
It's a surprise that this series got an anime but I'm all for it lol. Will be a nice watch I'm assuming.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Apr 12, 6:55 AM
Mar 2012
quite funny & wholesome family, bit fast pace. Cast full of good va'ing esp the age variety.
lol Mino. Shouzou's cool & nice that understandable. nice bits of seniors proverbs. headpatting serious dad such wholesome.
tense parent meeting with shipping sharkboy & doggirl already. charming ED dance.
Apr 12, 2:57 PM
Dec 2020
Diabetes the whole way through
Apr 12, 8:13 PM
Apr 2024
nice, i like the grandma
Apr 13, 2:12 AM
Aug 2018
A little too fast paced for my liking. Doesn't help that some of the jokes don't really land, either.
It's OK, nothing to write home about, although the idea is pretty wholesome. Just wished it was better executed.
Apr 13, 9:16 AM
Sep 2021
Really a good slice-of-life show, the comedy is good, characters are good & the way it is presented is also good. Must-watch from my side.
Apr 13, 12:44 PM

Aug 2012
Amusing in a way and questionable that the granddaughter and the daughter in-law both find the young grandfather attractive. Interesting how they kept the aged voices for their younger selves. The show has potential, let’s see what it will consist of. Some good chuckles here and there for sure.

Apr 13, 1:28 PM
Feb 2023
Another bulshit of Mary Sue and Gary Stu

Joke kinda lames somehow
Apr 13, 10:40 PM

Jul 2014
Grandpa wanted the honeymoon as soon as he saw Grandma young again xD.

Mino crushing hard on Grandpa lol. “A granddaughter with her grandfather isn’t allowed even in fiction” lmao.

I love how no one really questions how the hell it happened. They are just young again... and hot.

That was pretty hilarious, looking forward to more.
Apr 14, 3:12 AM
Oct 2021
quite an interesting and funny premise … enjoyed first ep just hope they go really weird with it so i don’t get too bored lol
Apr 14, 10:20 AM

Jul 2014
This could have been a wholesome romcom, but apparently the only joke the writers have is incest.

Incest isn't funny.

An all too easy drop, unfortunately.
Apr 14, 1:10 PM

May 2023
I found the anime very cute, the way grandpa treats grandma is very sweet and affectionate, it makes us want to have a lasting and beautiful relationship with them.

But at times I found it to be a very childish anime. As if it was to entertain children and didn't want to focus on more adult people.
Apr 14, 10:15 PM

Mar 2012
Tried this for the interesting premise + Noto Mamiko and Miki Shinichiro as the leads. I thought there would be even just a few minutes of them going 'how could this happen?!' but everybody immediately went on as normal huh haha. The grandma/grandpa's son seems to be the only sane man in the room lol. Our couple winning the three-legged race with perfect rhythm because they've been together for more than 70 years was hilarious and cute.

The details I liked: In the scene of the elderly association members playing croquet, some grandmas were holding "Shozo" fans, then in the break card after, we see that it was Ine who made them :D Also, the story about Grandma confessing first and their "rare love marriage". I hope we see more of their relationship and their long lasting love.
Apr 15, 11:16 AM

May 2017
not really into the incest jokes. it was really hard to finish this first episode. might check out the next one
Apr 15, 2:24 PM
Jan 2021
grandma is soo pretty
Apr 17, 12:01 PM
Jul 2023
I like such anime concepts that literally answer the question, what if (let's say the whole world is literally a game, although it will be more isekai, such as the appearance of superpowers in all people "My Hero Academy" or it would be cool to do something like the animated series "Infinity Train", but not overdo it "I became a refrigerator, a vending machine, underpants and the like.
Apr 17, 7:44 PM
Jan 2018
I had this anime as sth I was watching but for some reason it changed to PTW…
Apr 17, 9:07 PM

Dec 2019
That's a really crappy outro lmfao
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 17, 9:23 PM
Oct 2022
Very comedy and the couple not romantic. Just 10% Romance and feel heart
Apr 22, 4:41 AM

Feb 2016
Kinda weird to see an anime start with a sport festival, specially one with a plot such as this one lol

The animation is really basic but I love the artstyle, I like the thick lines, and all the :3 faces they make.

btw what kind of weird ass fetishes does Mino have lmao
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Apr 22, 6:16 AM

May 2015
This was less funny and wholesome than I expected. Wish they focused more on the pair rather than the surrounding jokes, especially with the granddaughter. The mere assumption of suddenly switching your image of someone just because of their looks is off-putting in itself. At least there's a potential love interest for Mino around, so I hope the incest jokes were put to rest.
Apr 26, 11:33 PM

Jan 2022
ahhhh my comment is gone. Ugh.

I found the picture of this to be a little cringe but I'm really glad I decided to check this out anyways. Its unexpectedly cute and wholesome.

I love all of their silly faces, really looking forward to the rest of the episodes. So far this is my favorite anime this season

This never updates so that's cool
Apr 30, 11:13 AM
Jan 2020
I really love the episode
May 1, 4:29 PM
Oct 2016
Really fun. Great begining an I want more from this anime.
May 2, 7:05 PM

Apr 2019
Old man got his priorities straight lol
May 6, 6:26 AM

Feb 2021
It's very hilarious to see them become youth again XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aversa - Jun 16

124 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 24, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 10 Discussion

Aversa - Jun 9

45 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 24, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 9 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 2

38 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 24, 3:56 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 26

39 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 24, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru Episode 7 Discussion

Aversa - May 19

44 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jul 23, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.