Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 13, 7:10 PM

Oct 2007
is this show literally made for me specifically?
Apr 13, 8:09 PM
Jul 2021
Loved it. This is shaping up to be a show similar to Bocchi Rock and Ya Boy Koumei, with animation, art direction, characterization and music rivaling/surpassing the two.
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

May 2019
So now there are 3 of them with an artist, singer, and composer. I wonder what the pink haired girl will do but I'm guessing that it may deal with marketing/advertising.
Apr 13, 8:23 PM
Nov 2023
Not nearly as good as the first episode, the production quality decreased and there were so many convenient coincidences, still interested in the show but I hope future episodes are better
Apr 13, 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
KIMURA IS SO LOVELY N TINY but seriously now i wasn't giving anything to this show but i'm really loving it.
Apr 13, 11:24 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to leonardobarba
@saikyozero Cute Girls Doing Cute Things. But I think you already found it.
@leonardobarba yeah I did, thanks anyways
Apr 14, 12:24 AM

Sep 2018
Feels too tonally deaf for my liking, majority of the time I'm alright with little shifts in mood, but it's so overbearing in this anime. The shifts are too sudden and melodramatic personally. This whole show is overbearing tbh, it's trying it's damnedest to make me feel for these characters, but with the way this show naturally is with it's constantly high energy and comedic atmosphere, it'll probably never make me get emotional or at the very least, it'll feel cheap.
GakutoDeathGlareApr 14, 12:28 AM
Apr 14, 1:14 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to JoexySun
Loved it. This is shaping up to be a show similar to Bocchi Rock and Ya Boy Koumei, with animation, art direction, characterization and music rivaling/surpassing the two.
@JoexySun It's too early to say if it will be able to compete or even surpass Koumei and Bocchi.
Apr 14, 1:53 AM
Dec 2023
Sweet & inspring episode.
Kimura reminds me of Oshi no Ko's Ruby, both of whose lives changed when they got into idols ><
(And yeah, both of their idols are voiced by Rie Takahashi ^^)
Apr 14, 2:03 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Sam_Schlau1708
Sweet & inspring episode.
Kimura reminds me of Oshi no Ko's Ruby, both of whose lives changed when they got into idols ><
(And yeah, both of their idols are voiced by Rie Takahashi ^^)
@Sam_Schlau1708 Lol I hope there is no murders and reincarnation this time.
Apr 14, 2:37 AM

Jan 2024
Loved the interactions between the cast.Though I'm curious to see how they further improve the story.

It's okay if you forget me.

Apr 14, 2:56 AM
May 2018
Boring, cliche, no creativity
Apr 14, 3:59 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to saikyozero
@Kiriann what is cgdct?

Cute Girls Doing Cute Things

"Bocchi the Rock!" - Ijichi Nijika

Apr 14, 4:30 AM

Jul 2015
I thought that circle on the nose was supposed to be some sort of birthmark, but it looks like everyone has it.

Apr 14, 5:16 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Behzadtv
Boring, cliche, no creativity
@Behzadtv checking your favorites, yeah this kind of show isn't for you, but I don't agree with all 3 of your points
Apr 14, 5:31 AM
May 2018
Reply to saikyozero
@Behzadtv checking your favorites, yeah this kind of show isn't for you, but I don't agree with all 3 of your points
@saikyozero After watching 1554 anime, less anime has been able to attract my attention
Apr 14, 5:39 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@AkeZZZ German name Kim Anouk Mei?

@saikyozero All this time you were trying to speculate about what kind of show it would be, but you didn't even know what CGDCT was?
@RobertBobert It does have a bit of a Korean sound to it all put together but 'Anouk' is a Dutch name derived from 'Anna'. It wouldn't be uncommon for a German girl to have it. 'Kim' can also be of European origin, 'Mei' could be Japanese. I would guess 'Anouk' and 'Mei' are just middle names.
Apr 14, 5:46 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to DavidArcher
@RobertBobert It does have a bit of a Korean sound to it all put together but 'Anouk' is a Dutch name derived from 'Anna'. It wouldn't be uncommon for a German girl to have it. 'Kim' can also be of European origin, 'Mei' could be Japanese. I would guess 'Anouk' and 'Mei' are just middle names.
@DavidArcher I know a Dutch politician with the name (or last name) Anouk, but I was confused by the name Kim and the fact that Anouk sounded like something South Asian. But thanks for the insight, since the site says that this is a German name, it means it is so.

@Behzadtv You are lucky. I started to feel a sharp decline in selection after another 700 shows.
Apr 14, 6:15 AM
Jan 2023
they certainly did not disappoint with the second episode here.

This one went by so quickly too, can't wait for next week!
Apr 14, 7:03 AM
Mar 2018
I didn't think I'd find a show that was going to replace the void that The Dangers in My Heart was going to leave but this show is definitely working it's magic all the same to me.
Apr 14, 7:21 AM
Mar 2022
This episode was so impactfull, love how Mei's backstory was introduce! So glad that shes part of the group now !
Apr 14, 7:21 AM

Apr 2010
Originality is overrated, it's almost impossible to be 100% original nowadays, it's all about how well something is executed.

How many series I've watched only makes me appreciate the ones that do it better, the stand outs, more.

And Yorukura is part of the great list, it's full of heart and joy, I can feel the passion of the team that made it.
Apr 14, 7:26 AM

Jun 2022
omg mei is alr my fav i relate to her sm 。°(°.◜ᯅ◝°)°。

Apr 14, 7:51 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Behzadtv
@saikyozero After watching 1554 anime, less anime has been able to attract my attention
@Behzadtv personal suggestion, hating on other animes won't make your favorite ones more famous/appreciated, it does the opposite
Apr 14, 7:51 AM
Jun 2021
Another nice ep!

I quite liked the op, and the Ed as well.

The story of Kim was nice, and by the end of the episode I came to like her character.

I’m excited for them to continue growing the character relationships!
Apr 14, 7:56 AM

Jun 2008
Am I the only one who is getting a bit of K-ON vibes from this show?
Apr 14, 8:26 AM

Feb 2020
^ This is definitely far from K-On!
Apr 14, 8:48 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The beginning of their effort to establish the anonymous musical group, but as expected they lack of money. Part time work check, still not enough. When you're out of fund, let's open donate you guys! So real lol and here come their first patronage, Kimanouk aka Kimura aka just call her Mei. Talented rich pianist girl that turned out to be Nono dai fan? What a twisted fate they have.

Too bad, Kano unable to not realizing her promise at first. Since she's using new hair style ofc its hard to recognize it smh. Girl problems, really like to put a riddle and not honest with their intention, eh? Well, glad that Manager Your, spilled her hair card, now they finally sealed the deal with the newly funded fresh composer!

Singer check. Manager check. Composer check. Vtuber as their coach then....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 14, 9:00 AM
May 2018
Reply to saikyozero
@Behzadtv personal suggestion, hating on other animes won't make your favorite ones more famous/appreciated, it does the opposite
@saikyozero It is not a person, it is a professional opinion
Apr 14, 9:13 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Behzadtv
@saikyozero It is not a person, it is a professional opinion
@Behzadtv do you have a license? for reviewing cute girls doing cute things?
Apr 14, 9:14 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Serafos
^ This is definitely far from K-On!
@Serafos yes, it's better in some aspects, but K-On! is more like a comfy anime
Apr 14, 10:44 AM

May 2013
Well that was adorable. I will say, to some extent it feels like they might be trying a little too hard on the production at times, but for the most part it works really well, and I'd rather have that problem than the normal "hardly trying at all" approach. Now we just need to meet pink hair-chan and we'll have a full crew!
Apr 14, 12:40 PM

Oct 2022
kim having the same VA as one of bocchi's two superfans in BTR is almost a meta joke
fgsfds
Apr 14, 3:12 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to garkon_icky
kim having the same VA as one of bocchi's two superfans in BTR is almost a meta joke
@garkon_icky Yeah, the Japanese also noticed this, while in this thread someone reminded that Rieri already played an idol with obsessive fans in Oshi no Ko.
Apr 14, 5:33 PM
Feb 2020
After the first episode i was not convinced.
I'm sure some of that was me not paying full attention.
It was also my first time ever using HIDIVE, so I was also distracted by that.
But i also just don't like hair dye, so I was judging the character for that rather than enjoying the show.

I think the message of this show is to be yourself, which I agree with.
Be the person god created you to be, don't try to become anyone else.
I believe that it is intellectually dishonest to claim that you are being yourself if you are dying your hair at the same time.

I don't know the names of the characters but there is a common theme among the three of them; they all lost themselves.
The brown-haired one gave up on her art after other people made fun of it.
The formerly orange-haired one was bullied for her hair and she had no friends. When someone finally treated her with love, she tried to become that person.
The other one is going by a different name for some reason, I don't yet know why.

I officially love this show after questioning it after the first episode. I will not make the mistake of doubting Doga Kobo again. They are the best animation studio in the world.
Apr 14, 5:42 PM
Feb 2020
every character in this show peaked years before the show started
Apr 14, 6:41 PM

Aug 2023
Kim didn’t start out in the best light this episode but by the end she was definitely redeemed, recognized her faults, and is now part of the group! Her piano composition was just amazing, I hope they have uploaded clips of their music online so I am able to stream. This is for sure a peak SOL anime and the introduction of the character with the menacing backstory was just perfect for episode two. I am thoroughly enjoying this show and looking forward to next weeks episode!
Apr 14, 6:45 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to avacarrot
Kim didn’t start out in the best light this episode but by the end she was definitely redeemed, recognized her faults, and is now part of the group! Her piano composition was just amazing, I hope they have uploaded clips of their music online so I am able to stream. This is for sure a peak SOL anime and the introduction of the character with the menacing backstory was just perfect for episode two. I am thoroughly enjoying this show and looking forward to next weeks episode!
@avacarrot This anime is neither SoL nor CGDCT. This is an all-female drama about aspiring artists.
Apr 14, 7:03 PM

Sep 2021
That was an awesome episode! I love how Kim realized it wasn't the "Idol" she fell in love with, but rather the "person" and that even as Kano, she would still go and see her perform.
Apr 14, 8:40 PM
Oct 2019
Here comes the super fan Mei!!
She snif her Jacket LMAO

Absolutely incredible characters writing.
This story is so WHOLESOME!!

I'm all in for the ride...
Doga Kobo COOKING!!
Apr 14, 8:50 PM

Mar 2024
Wow, this anime is really sweet and cute so far. Can't wait to hear the music they all make together!!
Apr 14, 9:48 PM
Feb 2022
I LOVE THIS TOO MUCH
Apr 14, 11:31 PM

May 2021
Ahhhh I'm sold. Gonna be ripping this one weekly for sure. The OP and ED were very nice, and the way we're getting introduced to the new characters is so much fun.

The dynamic that Mahiru and her sister has reminds me a lot of K-On with Yui and Ui. Which I love, it's hilarious.

I get really good vibes from this show in general. Really enjoying how much fun they had making some of these scenes, in a sense it's reminding me of how I felt watching Bocchi the Rock! Just good atmosphere, good energy, and I'm genuinely entertained.
Apr 15, 12:48 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Bisalissy
That was an awesome episode! I love how Kim realized it wasn't the "Idol" she fell in love with, but rather the "person" and that even as Kano, she would still go and see her perform.
@Bisalissy I understand that based on your favorites, you like slash shipping, but at this point, any conclusions about any romance here are headcanon. Even the screenwriter himself distanced himself from this.
Apr 15, 4:09 AM
Jan 2024
noice. They did a very good job, and it's just what i need now
Apr 15, 7:24 AM
Apr 2023
It is another cute episode with a lovely art style. Will Kiwi-chan get screen time next episode? There is only one way to find out, be sure to check back next week.
Apr 15, 8:42 AM

Sep 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Bisalissy I understand that based on your favorites, you like slash shipping, but at this point, any conclusions about any romance here are headcanon. Even the screenwriter himself distanced himself from this.
@RobertBobert Sorry for liking LycoReco a lot. But you know it's not like every fan of that show just cares about ChisaTaki, right? As for me, I like it, but it's just a very small part of what why I love the show.

But in this case, my comment wasn't related to shipping at all. The way Kim "loves" Kano is not in a romantic way, but in a "Fan-Idol" way. I mean look at her. This isn't "Oh, this Idol is nice", this is "I wanna be like her! She's the essence of my life".

Besides, this isn't the first time you go around trying to set things "straight" for these kinda shows, is it? And I'll tell you again, I ship what I want and I'm fine with what other people ship (or don't ship) too. Unless it's pedophile or something, of course.

For Jellyfish, I wouldn't be suprised if there were a good amount of Kano X Mahiru and Kano X Kim shippers coming up and I might or might not become one of them, depending on how the story evolves.
Apr 15, 9:01 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Bisalissy
@RobertBobert Sorry for liking LycoReco a lot. But you know it's not like every fan of that show just cares about ChisaTaki, right? As for me, I like it, but it's just a very small part of what why I love the show.

But in this case, my comment wasn't related to shipping at all. The way Kim "loves" Kano is not in a romantic way, but in a "Fan-Idol" way. I mean look at her. This isn't "Oh, this Idol is nice", this is "I wanna be like her! She's the essence of my life".

Besides, this isn't the first time you go around trying to set things "straight" for these kinda shows, is it? And I'll tell you again, I ship what I want and I'm fine with what other people ship (or don't ship) too. Unless it's pedophile or something, of course.

For Jellyfish, I wouldn't be suprised if there were a good amount of Kano X Mahiru and Kano X Kim shippers coming up and I might or might not become one of them, depending on how the story evolves.
@Bisalissy Licorice Recall is far from the only slash/slash bait show among your favorites, to be honest. But I don’t remember that I somehow tried to prohibit shipping to you personally or anyone else. And I don't understand why you think you should apologize to me for this. Not to mention the fact that I said several times earlier that I myself don’t know how this will develop in the future. The only thing is that the first episode gave rise to too much speculation, so I just ask people not go too far with headcanons already in 1-2 episodes. A couple of days ago, even the show's writer himself had to explain how they look at these things, lmao.
Apr 16, 3:41 AM
Apr 2021
Wow I already LOVE Mei’s character and how she was introduced her backstory was a little sad seeing her being bullied bc of her name and hair color I’m glad she was able to meet and be friends with the person who kept her happy throughout middle school, I think she’ll be my favourite out of all the girls tbh🥹🥰

I love how Doga Kubo utilizes the black bars when it was Mei’s backstory kinda felt like a movie to me tbh it’s so cool to me whenever a show does that

I loved Kana’s little “yeahhh😆” at the end of the episode when Mei took their picture, Takahashi Rie just sounds so adorably cute and happy man😭
Apr 16, 10:14 AM
Mar 2015
An idol fan found to write songs
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11

131 by Assassin2112 »»
Sep 27, 11:07 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22

192 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 8, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15

112 by Ashhk »»
Aug 24, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

134 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Pinoffin - Jun 1

206 by Ashhk »»
Aug 23, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.