Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Whisper Me a Love Song
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 13, 9:46 PM
Sep 2021
If this stays faithful to the manga, which so far so good, this has a serious chance of becoming the best yuri of all time. Granted not many GL get adapted compared to other genres.
Apr 13, 10:11 PM
Jul 2023
fuck the homophobic bullshit, im in!
Apr 13, 10:31 PM

Oct 2019
this pilot was so freaking cute im already obsessed. the character designs are so lovely, like himaris little teeth and pink hair >< it truly does not get better for me. the music is also well done and the animation is not horrid for once. i'm really excited to see where this one goes. LETS GO YURINATORS RAHHHHHHH

Apr 13, 10:38 PM

Sep 2021
The animation quality is around average, in my opinion. There were some parts that were good but i remembered the poor animation parts more. Like, there were some scenes where it looks sharp before turning flat in the next scene/second.

Also, the frequent cut-ins of using CG for the background more than half the time really reduces the animation quality of some of the scenes. I wish they would be more consistent with the CG instead of the frequent cut-ins of CG for one scene then switch to 2D before using CG again in the next second (although i know some of it is due to the zooming in to focus on the character sometimes, i just wish it wasn't done so many times)...
Apr 13, 10:53 PM
Jul 2020
NAH ES UNA LOCURA POSTA Y CUANDO ELLA LE DICE COSO Y LA OTRA LE RESPONDE NAA NAA ES CINE
Apr 13, 10:56 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Nice, my favorite VA, Konomi Kohara, is playing Mari. This is a cute shoujo ai with charismatic characters. The music is the cherry on the top, which is making me enjoy three cherries at the same time (Yoru no Kurage and Girls Band Cry). I just hope I don't get confused with the stories and characters from these three animes.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Apr 13, 11:41 PM

Oct 2011
I really want to like this one, so I'm praying it will be good! I've read one or two chapters before I believe but I just remember

Miki looks so pretty aww. In general the characters give very cute and kind of fluffy vibe to me.
I'm sooo glad the performance actually had music! I'm getting excited ahh~

Well, looks like I'm falling in love with those characters after all, Mari's 'go fall in love, that's an order' lol.

Oh my God this is so cute, I'm definitely going to give manga a second chance, it feels so warm aaaaa.

Okay I think I stopped reading manga at an unfortunate time because I didn't remember
But that's great! It will be more to my taste if it slows down a little.

Please, someone tell me if Mari gets her own romance? I love her so much.
Apr 14, 1:04 AM
Feb 2023
LS_11 said:
WARNING!! : This anime is not recommended for people who have diabetes to watch

Hima is just so precious, cho kawaii

This Yori's face is so cute

Bro she's still loading right? Wait until she loads..
Apr 14, 1:08 AM
Aug 2021
amazing and gay<3
Apr 14, 1:11 AM
Feb 2023
What a episode... I've been waiting for a while and now it's here. On top of that, its peak!!! Look how cute she is..

Apr 14, 1:11 AM

Feb 2014
It's finally here, the adaptation of one my my current yuri manga. I'm actually more excited about hearing the songs since we can't hear that when reading the manga. But yeah, peak yuri here.
Apr 14, 1:32 AM
Nov 2023
Kinda good, the art style is beautiful, even though I dont like the character designs that much, The character interactions were good and realistic but there are annoying tropes and the red haired MC is annoying and oblivious af and the VA isnt helping, i hope it improves in the upcoming episodes
Apr 14, 2:07 AM

Sep 2018
That was really good, I'm a sucker for yuri with these character archetypes. Pretty wholesome and fun interactions. Lovely singing voice as well.
Apr 14, 2:57 AM

Jun 2020
Super super cute. I've been waiting for this because my true yuri guitar OTP (Bokita) is never going to happen 😥 but this is a pretty good substitute. I don't blame Yori at all for thinking about Himari's smiles all day
Apr 14, 2:57 AM
Sep 2016
Hmm... maybe, since I'm following the manga (and how fantastic the art style in the manga is), I'm having too much expectations from this, so I'm actually kinda disappointed in a way. Yep, maybe I'm asking too much, but I genuinely expecting a Galdemo (from Angel Beats) kind of band performance here.... Unfair expectations, I know. Angel Beats was done by PA afterall... It's like expecting a Gordon Ramsey cuisine from a regular family restaurant.

You know how in Angel Beats, every Galdemo performance smh becoming the center of the show? The volume was louder and dominant towards, the rest of the scenes. And Angel Beats was not a music focused show. This one, however is/should be a music focused one, but smh the music DID NOT become the main center piece of the show. They got cut midway through performance, while Galdemo actually perform a semi-full version of theirs (remember Crow Song playing while SSS fighting Tenshi in 1st EP? Or Iwakura-chan get to play an entire 1st part of My Song in EP03?), and the volume was rather subdued compared to Galdemo's dominance. And from the contents of the manga, there will be a lot of musical performances in the future from both main bands (SS and Lorelei). I actually concerned....

tl;dr . Not a bad 1st EP, but still not as good as I'm originally expecting.

PS: CG BACKGROUND CHARACTER MODELS!!!! I know ppl who'd readily complain abt CGIs. wwwwwww

PPS: Yes, this is a yuri title, yuri fluff should be the focus of the show. But if you read the manga, you'd also know just how many musical performances would be performed in the future... Especially when
And considering the quality of musical performances in 1st EP..... I'm having my doubts.

PPPS: Especially true, since we're also having several other music focused show this season, from Girls Band Cry, Yoru no Kurage, and Hibike-Eupho. There's no way this show's musical performances wouldn't be compared to the others....
uncleqrowApr 14, 3:22 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 14, 3:11 AM

May 2020
It’s finally here I’ve been waiting for this

Amazing first episode I love them already they are so cute

Yuri fans are winning fr
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Apr 14, 3:27 AM

Jan 2011
The episode was cute in the most clichéd sense of this word.
I haven’t read the manga and therefore I hope that what follows will be more meaningful and original. For now my rating is "ok" *saitama face*
Apr 14, 3:30 AM
Jan 2018
PEAK
Yuri shall conquer the world!
Apr 14, 5:19 AM
Jan 2021
I've been anticipating this show, i needed to fill the hole tamen degushi left, so far i like it, my only complain is the first in love scenes felt a bit forced and could've handled better, they should've slowly make the both the main leads slowly realize it, like the scene where himari watch the yori's performance, she already had a lot of things to say in the very moment which i feel should've been said after the performance ended, yori isn't a special case either

Good first episode with a bit of pacing issue
Apr 14, 5:31 AM

Apr 2021
The manga isssss sooooooooooo good I am very happy its an anime now
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Dec 2015
Embient said:
YURI TIME LET'S GOOOO
We've got a lot of anime with girls who do music this season.
Everyone mentioned this a million time already, but they totally look like Yui and Yukino with short hair.
2:37 Here she says 中1以来だ (chuu ichi irai da) - "since the first year of middle school" meaning that the last time they were in the same class was in the first grade of middle school, then they were separated, so the subs are wrong. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I feel like Himari is in love too, but she just doesn't fully realise it yet.
Nice start. Didn't expect one of the MCs to be in love already.

Good point. 以来 can sometimes be similar to から.

I think it can mean that they have been in the same class since their first year in middle school. Which would make this the fourth year in a row they have been in the same classroom together.
Apr 14, 5:49 AM

May 2015
This is definitely going to be one of the best yuri anime to date. Great art, super wholesome, great characters and a bunch of new music to top it off.

Also we've got a new voice actor lets goooo!!! (Shimano, Hana) Its always great to hear new voices and she's killing it.

Been looking forward to this anime since I read the source material and not disappointed. Its super cute and cant wait for more.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 14, 5:51 AM

Dec 2015
Good first episode. I should probably start reading the manga since I bought the first 4 volumes from bookwalker.

Quite the misunderstanding but who knows. Maybe they can be something more. Considering she's a third year and Himari just got in the school, I hope they can keep the relationship once Yori graduates.

On another note, that look Miki's sister gave Yori when she said she might have fallen for someone. Do I see a love of a triangle forming here (⁠ㆁ⁠ω⁠ㆁ⁠)?
Apr 14, 6:04 AM
Apr 2020
Yori's rizz is so strong tho, I just got rizzed myself
Apr 14, 6:14 AM

Jul 2014
Hey, that was more light-hearted than I expected, I like it.

Himari is pretty cute but Yoru is adorable <3. I have to say that the misunderstanding got me too haha but of course we couldn't have it all in the first episode. I just hope it doesn't take too long.

That was a great first episode, the show looks pretty good and even the cast is stacked. Looking forward to more.
Apr 14, 6:29 AM

Jan 2020
Oh yes, Yukino x Yui shipping is back again - albeit in a different universe this time. Both character designs for Yori and Himari are inspired from Oregairu, but nonetheless they look adorable!

The first episode started well so I'm looking forward to more from this GL anime. Peak stuff!
RaiYouApr 14, 6:49 AM

Apr 14, 7:11 AM
Sep 2022
How far yuri in this anime will be? will they be kissing?
Apr 14, 7:31 AM
Mar 2018
I wasn't expecting this to be about a misunderstanding, but that really is what sold me on this 1st episode.
Apr 14, 7:31 AM
Dec 2013
Good start. Though I doubt I'll like this more than Adachi and Shimamura, which is the only GL anime I really like. Though I might end up enjoying this more than Bloom Into You and Citrus, even if it's still too early to say. Plus, I'm not much of a Yuri fan, and prefer CGDCT over it.
wildhoodApr 14, 7:46 AM
Apr 14, 8:34 AM

Feb 2023
I was super hyped for this anime because I love yuri, but seeing that Yokohama Animation Lab is doing it completely took the wind out of my sails. I'm 0 for 2 with that studio. The completely f*cked us with Kingdom of Ruin, and they squandered the awesome story potential of The Witch and the Beast. I will continue to watch Whisper Me a Love song with my fingers crossed and hope that the third time's a charm. The 1st episode was really good, but that is how it usually is with them. The 1st episode pulls you in, but by ep. 3 you want to strangle somebody.
Apr 14, 8:40 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to Devonnius
I like it a lot so far. It's very cute.
@Devonnius Unrelated to the discussion, but I like your forum profile pic.
Apr 14, 8:53 AM

May 2015
I freaked out when the cat almost licked Himari's lips in the morning. It was hard to tell whether I was supposed to feel disgusted or aroused.
IshitatesoApr 14, 9:10 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Apr 14, 9:12 AM

Mar 2014
Not as good as I thought it will be
Apr 14, 9:16 AM
Aug 2022
Reply to n3jir3
Super cute show so far!

I absolutely love the character designs and art style, the animation was really nice too.

It can get a bit annoying when they just make a character completely clueless, but I can’t harp on it too much yet because it may not be as bad later on.

The main girls were cute together, and I’m excited to see how they’ll develop in the future.
@n3jir3 Assuming Ur referring to Hima about the whole clueless thing then don't worry, She isn't a dense mc at all and neither is yori.
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Feb 2022
I really don't know how to feel about the whole "love at first sight" thing, I thought it was ridiculous that Himari fell in love with Yori just from hearing her sing but as this was later reviled to not be the case at all, it obviously didn't bother me. However, that Yori fell in love with Himari just from seeing her once and being told that she likes her, I feel like that's a bit too much. The fact that Yori believes Himari to love her helps a huge bit in convincing me that this might be realistic, though regardless of how realistic it is, it does not make for a very engaging or even healthy romance this far because there is literally nothing about Himari that Yori could love, except her looks. That's why I find it to be a bit of a problem, that the romance was established first and characters only come second, a good romance is a natural development when the characters are written well enough, but characters are not a natural development of romance, they can exist in a vacuum, so it makes very little sense to establish them second. Apart from that, the CG crowd in the OP didn't give me high hopes for the visuals, but we will just have to see, 6/10 first episode, could have been more, could have been less.
Hello, please don't take anything I say as an insult, it is not meant as an attack against you as a person. If I directly disagree with you, that does not mean I think you are wrong, I am just more correct. Oh, and if you don't understand sarcasm, then I'm a really friendly individual.
Apr 14, 12:47 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to hermgonewild
If this stays faithful to the manga, which so far so good, this has a serious chance of becoming the best yuri of all time. Granted not many GL get adapted compared to other genres.
@hermgonewild You should read Bloom into You, not only is it by far one of the best romance manga of all time and no questions asked the best yuri manga. If you've already read Bloom into You, sorry for bothering ya, but the chance that you might miss that gem was too big for me to ignore this opportunity for a pitch.
Hello, please don't take anything I say as an insult, it is not meant as an attack against you as a person. If I directly disagree with you, that does not mean I think you are wrong, I am just more correct. Oh, and if you don't understand sarcasm, then I'm a really friendly individual.
Apr 14, 1:19 PM

May 2013
First episode was great! Incredibly cute and wholesome.
Apr 14, 2:26 PM
Apr 2023
love it, she loved it as well ;3
Apr 14, 2:51 PM
Oct 2022
Quite surprised with this one. It was a nice watch after having watched the heartless crap called "Girls Band Cry"
Apr 14, 2:53 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to JKKH
It was ok, though I'm not really a fan of romance series where the characters fall in love instantly just because of simple reasons like they find the person cute or cool. It makes it seem like there won't be much substance to the characters or their dynamic. I want to like yuri series but a lot of the time the way the relationships are written are very boring to me.
@JKKH You haven't lived enough then, because that's pretty common IRL
Apr 14, 2:56 PM

Jan 2019
I wasn't expecting much from this; the trailer was boring, and the animations were weird + yuri animes frequently disappoint me with all the fetichization stuff or low quality in general.

But this episode was so INCREDIBLE OMG I'M FREAKING OUT 4REAL4REAL
Every time they said something cute or just thought abt something, and BLUSH, I was instantly ><, no words, just fellings. wtf i'm amazed.
Looking forward, I reaaaaaaaaaaally hope they keep going in this direction and don't do something weird.

Love it!!!!!!!
Apr 14, 3:40 PM

Aug 2022
Great start and a wholesome episode from Yori and Himari. Yori has a really good voice, she is the vocal and guitar player in her current band. She also feels nervous when she is with Himari after the confesses.

I wonder if their love will be reciprocated in the future. It's so cute.

Apr 14, 3:40 PM

Feb 2017
Reply to odansama
@JKKH You haven't lived enough then, because that's pretty common IRL
@odansama even if it's common irl it imo it doesn't make for interesting character dynamics in a story. Having Yori immediately fall for Himari upon her "love confession" just because of her smile, feels too quick and makes it hard to care about them getting together because the reason behind her interest in himari is so plain.
Apr 14, 3:43 PM
Aug 2021
the animation is really amazing for a yuri..even the onstage bits are well animated so is the case with singing and VAs. finally a more mainstream yuri adaptation to look forward to.
Apr 14, 4:00 PM

Jul 2016
Can't stop thinking of the main girls from Oregairu whenever I see Yori and Himari. And I haven't even watched that show yet lol.

Lovely start overall. I find both Yori and Himari cute in their own way and visuals don't look as poor as I was anticipating. The band's performance was animated rather decently, actually. Kinda reminded me of Given's performances.
Apr 14, 4:49 PM

Feb 2022
While the animation feels stiff; the CGI, motion capture and instrument animating is awesome! especially Yori's acoustic! A bit salty about how they handled the stage performance that was overriding Himari's monologue of 'I fell in love in first sight!'. Hopefully they fix this in the DVD release or a recap movie. Because the scenes look unpolished and bland. I don't even have any scenes that I liked in the adaptation unfortunately.
私たちはもう,舞台へ。

We are already on the stage.

Apr 14, 6:14 PM

Dec 2016
Meh, pretty mid.

What's the point of starting the very first seconds with a sequnce that's suppose to happen later in the series, but then that sequence happens just one minute after it? It's lazy recycling animation and storyboarding. Not to mention the dissonance from mellow piano and violin music while the girls are supposed to be playing some upbeat rock song on stage.

As someone mentioned above, I don't like the idea that they are putting the cart before the horse by prioritizing the romance before fleshing out the characters. It feels like, "hey we heard you like yuri, so here you go filthy animals, enjoy and don't forget to thank us for this".

Too much chibi art for lots of sequences that don't feel funny or cute at all. Same with the glamour shots on Himari to allegedly make her look cuter to Yori. Why can't the animators show her likeness and charms with actual animation without beating the audience with crappy visual effects.

I knew this wasn't going to be another "Bloom into you", but at least I wasn't expecting something even cheaper than "Adachi to Shimamura".
Apr 14, 6:30 PM

Feb 2017
Reply to Lucianael
I really don't know how to feel about the whole "love at first sight" thing, I thought it was ridiculous that Himari fell in love with Yori just from hearing her sing but as this was later reviled to not be the case at all, it obviously didn't bother me. However, that Yori fell in love with Himari just from seeing her once and being told that she likes her, I feel like that's a bit too much. The fact that Yori believes Himari to love her helps a huge bit in convincing me that this might be realistic, though regardless of how realistic it is, it does not make for a very engaging or even healthy romance this far because there is literally nothing about Himari that Yori could love, except her looks. That's why I find it to be a bit of a problem, that the romance was established first and characters only come second, a good romance is a natural development when the characters are written well enough, but characters are not a natural development of romance, they can exist in a vacuum, so it makes very little sense to establish them second. Apart from that, the CG crowd in the OP didn't give me high hopes for the visuals, but we will just have to see, 6/10 first episode, could have been more, could have been less.
@Lucianael Yeah I agree 100%, at this point it's hard to really see what the characters see in each other. And it's weird for Yori to go from never experiencing love to falling in love the instant she gets confessed to by a stranger. The way things are written feels like its just going through the motions of romance plotlines without putting effort into fleshing out the characters first. Like they just fall in love because its what's supposed to happen in romances, rather than it feeling like the natural course for the characters to take.
JKKHApr 14, 6:39 PM
Apr 15, 1:40 AM
Jan 2018
A yuri anime I can actually recommend to my normie friends/co-workers.
Apr 15, 3:09 AM

Mar 2024
There are a lot of good anime in this season. This is one of them: cute girls and yuri - what else is needed for happiness
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 29

64 by marrrl »»
Yesterday, 6:24 AM

» Should I just drop it?...

Lay1306 - Sep 6

20 by Serafos »»
Sep 18, 9:55 PM

» Delayed Episodes

AkeZZZ - Jun 1

29 by Yuri_Niji »»
Sep 14, 3:33 PM

» Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau ties Yuru Yuri San☆Hai! as highest rated GL anime.

Jcmixer27 - Apr 14

31 by DX_impulse »»
Aug 18, 8:01 PM

Poll: » Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 1

51 by Yangbojian »»
Aug 17, 1:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.