Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2:32 AM
Dec 2022
A CINEMATIC MASTERPIECE
Apr 1, 3:17 AM
Nov 2014
love is just on emotion to describe this series.
Apr 1, 3:27 AM
Mar 2023
the show left me wanting more and more, im probably going to read the manga now lol
Apr 1, 6:30 AM

May 2021
As someone living in a hostel, I could REALLY use that spell Fern learnt. My lazy ass doesn't have the energy to do the laundry.

Thank you Frieren for carrying anime for the past 6 months. Now where S2?

Apr 1, 7:13 AM
Jul 2016
episode 28 once again showed why Frieren is ranked #1.
Absolutely outstanding episode
Apr 1, 10:53 AM
Jan 2024
Epic, waiting for season 2
Apr 1, 11:00 AM
Feb 2023
It's very boring, I don't understand what the hype is.
Apr 1, 11:53 AM
Nov 2023
i think is one of the best episodes of this year.
Apr 1, 9:30 PM
Oct 2015
best anime of all time better than fma and steins gate (i've never watched those two and i never will.
Apr 1, 9:32 PM
Sep 2022
el anime mas lindo del puto mundo :'c
Apr 2, 12:35 AM
Jun 2012
A well-deserved 10/10 first cour.

Hardly any perceptible quality drop throughout.

Due to great care taken to how they handled the production.

With that level of consistency. It appears like a flawless blur.

Always moving somewhere else.

Looking forward the best that's yet to come, Madhouse!
Apr 2, 8:32 AM
Feb 2017
The best, Masterpiece
Apr 2, 1:03 PM
Jan 2024
Mimics and Frieren!
Apr 2, 1:19 PM
Dec 2023
One Of The best anime in Fall season
Apr 3, 12:21 PM
Feb 2015
Best fantasy I ever watched
Apr 3, 8:36 PM
Feb 2024
Amazing anime, really unexpected.
My fav scene was that dragon fight, dayum
Apr 3, 8:54 PM
Jan 2023
Alr fineeee this animu is rlly good, gonna bump my score up from an 8 to a 9 đź‘Ť
Apr 3, 9:33 PM
Nov 2019
Frieren and Fern thought us to be humble & grateful always even they got incredible power and won greatest rewards.
So warming yet pack some action.
Apr 3, 9:39 PM

Nov 2019
A beautifully done mixed-genre series with a fairly even distribution of both poignant and hilarious content. The occasional (fantastically done) combat scene only serves to raise it up higher.

Really, my only compliant is that our protagonist is a bit too passive and the last arc with the magic exam was entirely pointless. There's no way she wouldn't be able to get to the northern plateau even without a license considering how everyone in power still seems to be well aware of who she is.
Apr 4, 12:11 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Offkorn
A beautifully done mixed-genre series with a fairly even distribution of both poignant and hilarious content. The occasional (fantastically done) combat scene only serves to raise it up higher.

Really, my only compliant is that our protagonist is a bit too passive and the last arc with the magic exam was entirely pointless. There's no way she wouldn't be able to get to the northern plateau even without a license considering how everyone in power still seems to be well aware of who she is.
@Offkorn what do u mean pointless. This arc is for serie introduction, explanation of magic hierarchy, fern development, frieren power, set up for future arc (which the current chapter in manga is one of them)
Apr 4, 4:39 AM
Jul 2023
Anime Best MC female so far
Apr 4, 6:50 AM
Jan 2020
No more... Friday Frieren... :'(
Apr 4, 7:21 AM
Dec 2023
This episode was thoughtful, beautifully animated. And is such a good ending to such a great first season.
Apr 4, 7:21 AM
Dec 2023
This episode was thoughtful, beautifully animated. And is such a good ending to such a great first season.
Apr 4, 9:32 AM
Oct 2022
peak fiction!!!!
Apr 4, 9:41 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to ssjokg
@Runasius Gonna cry people like this more than your favorites?

They take the exam because they need someone with a first class mage "ID" to travel north. Or would it more preferable to have guards hunting them down every step of the way to Ende?

Was there any rule against Ubel?

You mean the guy that used his magic to created dozens of clones some hundreds kilometers away, and the only one that could tell was the pseudo goddess elf super mage? Why would he not pass?

What a sick joke indeed.
@ssjokg Your illiteracy in media, along with that of other Frieren fans, never ceases to amuse me.

Seriously, I'm joking when I say this, but pick up a real book. Read Lord of the Rings, Dune, Lions of Al Rassan, any real fantasy novel and you'd realize that Frieren is objectively mediocre at best.
Apr 4, 9:55 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Runasius
@ssjokg Your illiteracy in media, along with that of other Frieren fans, never ceases to amuse me.

Seriously, I'm joking when I say this, but pick up a real book. Read Lord of the Rings, Dune, Lions of Al Rassan, any real fantasy novel and you'd realize that Frieren is objectively mediocre at best.
@Runasius So you cant defend your "arguments", got ya
Apr 4, 11:37 AM

May 2015
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

Exactly like this anime... so much good feelings, loved it.
Apr 4, 5:12 PM
Nov 2018
melhor anime de fantasia classica
Apr 4, 6:12 PM
Dec 2015
Incredible end cap to a season so infused of infused with meaning, subtlety, immaculate animation, pacing, character design... This joins one of my greatest in all of existence.
Apr 4, 6:13 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to taikaaaa11
@Runasius So you cant defend your "arguments", got ya
@taikaaaa11 this child's crying is funny, he can't contribute anything sensible to the discussion and he acts like he's smarter than others xD
Apr 5, 1:17 AM
Dec 2023
THIS ANIME IS ABSOLUTELY MASTERPIECE
Apr 5, 4:46 PM

Jun 2014
Seeing the flashbacks and memories that Frieren has really makes this anime as great as it is. It brings a warmth of nostalgia, and makes you sit there and think about certain precious moments in your own life.

That is why this is among the greatest anime I've seen thus far. I can't wait until the next season comes out. Oh, and Fern chose a great spell. As a girl who loves to have everything clean all the time, I wouldn't mind knowing that spell myself. :)

Apr 5, 6:38 PM
Jul 2019
PICA DEMAIS CE LOKO
Apr 5, 7:00 PM

Dec 2022
death is far from this lifetime's only goodbye...
the sooner the Macht arc movie adaptation gets announced the better!
heheh, a standard season two will be fine as well
it will not be embarrassing when we meet again!
Apr 5, 9:29 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to targetbruteforce
@Offkorn what do u mean pointless. This arc is for serie introduction, explanation of magic hierarchy, fern development, frieren power, set up for future arc (which the current chapter in manga is one of them)
@reinfich23

Exactly what I said. There's no need for her to get a class 1 license to go north because she's the mage that defeated the Demon King. No one would stop her once they knew who she was.

So there is no good reason for that arc to exist besides to pad out the series length, something most manga authors are guilty of (and I can't blame them for, much, considering their livelihood relies on continuous publication). The real issue is that it comes perilously close to battle shounen territory, something this series was emphatically not at its start.

That's an issue since manga authors also have a tendency (often at their editor's/publisher's urging) to turn difficult to classify series with flagging readership into battle shounens in order to attract new readers. Something I sincerely hope doesn't (or didn't already) happen here.
Apr 5, 10:00 PM
Feb 2024
It was a privilege to watch this series while it was airing.
Apr 5, 11:57 PM
Jan 2013
Reply to Offkorn
@reinfich23

Exactly what I said. There's no need for her to get a class 1 license to go north because she's the mage that defeated the Demon King. No one would stop her once they knew who she was.

So there is no good reason for that arc to exist besides to pad out the series length, something most manga authors are guilty of (and I can't blame them for, much, considering their livelihood relies on continuous publication). The real issue is that it comes perilously close to battle shounen territory, something this series was emphatically not at its start.

That's an issue since manga authors also have a tendency (often at their editor's/publisher's urging) to turn difficult to classify series with flagging readership into battle shounens in order to attract new readers. Something I sincerely hope doesn't (or didn't already) happen here.
@Offkorn Only issue is that the exam arcs were the least well-received (among Western readers) of all arcs in Frieren so far. I genuinely don't think Frieren came close to becoming a battle-shounen, nor did the series advertise itself as a show that wouldn't have extended action arcs within it. Episodes 3, 6, and 8-10 all had a good amount of action in it, then we went on an 7 episode streak without any at all. It's not that the series suddenly changed genres. In the first place, I saw the series more as a full adventure with both fun and sad elements and avoids leaning too much into either full shounen or full iyashikei.

I agree that the arc was a bit long, but the change of pace was still fresh to see. The author wanted to cook different ideas and having episodes 18-28 all be iyashikei-style is very difficult to do without making things stale. The First-Class mage exams were an attempt introduce multiple characters with a dynamic style that gets better payoff when the new characters are used to expand the world that Frieren will be journeying across in the future.

One final thing is that the arc introduces that Frieren isn't all that powerful. She's part of the party that defeated the Demon King, but like she said the only reason she won was because she had the full party with her. The demon lands are still a hazard to Frieren, extremely so if she didn't have Stark and Fern with her. It's also a more boring narrative that if on top being able to one-shot everything, Frieren encountered zero trouble going anywhere.
Apr 6, 7:03 AM

Jun 2016
I've waited 6 month to binge this show and now it's already watched but I'm glad to say it was worth the wait, great show.
Apr 6, 10:13 AM

Sep 2020
Masterpiece !!!!

I don't want to commit crime by rating this anime anything other than 10/10. The ending really hit hard I might never forget Himmel's last line. Himmel is the ultimate green flag in anime history.

Gonna put this anime and Himmel in my favourite list. Now patiently waiting for S2. Hopefully we get an announcement very soon.
ZXEANApr 6, 10:14 PM
Apr 6, 10:32 AM
Aug 2023
#1 for a reasonnnnnnn
Apr 6, 12:07 PM
Jan 2024
Quintessential modern fantasy that has the potential to re-shape the genre.
Apr 6, 12:36 PM
Jun 2017
as an adaptation, perfect
Apr 6, 4:02 PM

Jun 2015
Serie must have had a stroke when Fern asked for the spell she wanted.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 6, 6:06 PM
Feb 2020
It was Amazing I loved it
Apr 6, 10:02 PM
Dec 2020
i would be dissapointed if this anime end with full action like regular anime. but fortunately This Anime has a perfect ending that's feels so natural. I really like how the entire 28 episodes feel like just a small part of their adventure.
it's really an experience I've never had before like a dream of the fantasy world that you want to live in.
Apr 7, 5:47 AM

Dec 2014
I had teary eyes at the end... is been a decade or more since the last time an anime ending left me both satisfied and melancholic for ending. I felt as if I was a young boy just discovering anime and finding everything magical once again. 10/10 show. Everything about this was perfect. I'm glad I am alive to witness it ^^
Apr 7, 5:58 AM

Jul 2013
Ngl after watching the first few episodes I was like this shit is boring af another overhyped anime. But now, it's a solid fucking 9 for me. I'm so glad I stayed.
Apr 7, 9:35 AM
Mar 2024
Very good,still waiting for season 2
Apr 7, 11:05 AM
Nov 2023
Es un viaje espectacular, cada episodio es una obra maestra. Los personajes son increíbles y tienen un gran desarrollo durante la serie como su carisma. Tiene una gran animación con episodios buenísimos, engancha y mucho. Se convierte en uno de mis animes favoritos y mi sitio de confort.
Pages (19) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShadowkillZ - Mar 15

385 by SuperAdventure »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2023

443 by RainyhBunny »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Which VA Frieren is better? ( 1 2 )

Ba-Cii10 - Sep 14

53 by YordaTrico »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

325 by RafaKojiro »»
Yesterday, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 1

261 by SuperAdventure »»
Yesterday, 4:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.