Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Feb 18, 11:18 AM

Mar 2020
B R U H
frieren boss fight
Feb 18, 11:38 AM
May 2018
The music that accompanied the ending scene did such an incredible job of emphasizing that scene.
Feb 18, 3:06 PM

Mar 2018
Boy did I pick a bad time to binge this anime. One more week, 2 maybe and I might have been clear. But after catching up on 2 other longer running anime this season (Apothecary Diaries & Shangri-la Frontier) I decided it was time. I was excited for this arc from clips I had seen, but after actually watching it I am blown away. 10/10.
Feb 18, 3:45 PM

Aug 2020
Remember when some idiot said that the mage exam arc was gonna suck?

Well manga readers knew that this part of the arc was gonna be pretty damn good. Thats right, the clones PERFECTLY COPY the mages in the dungeon. Shits going down. At least 3 1st class mage tier replicas in this building.
Keep scrolling
Feb 18, 4:10 PM

Apr 2020
Rescue-Golem in a flask might be the single most genuis idea, ever xD

I want that...😂
Feb 18, 7:13 PM
Jun 2020
Really good animation and soundtrack. The ending left me craving more!
Feb 18, 7:43 PM
Nov 2019
Happy go lucky Frieren is the best Frieren.
Feb 19, 12:50 AM
Dec 2023
I can't imagine how would be if Frieren could battle with her clone.....

I like how Fern believes in her master, despite Frieren's peculiar hobby.
Feb 19, 3:21 AM
May 2021
Why didn't Ubel, Land, Kanne, or Lavine team up with Fern or Frieren? They all had a good read on Fern and Frieren's power levels and personalities, so they would have known those 2 would be reliable teammates.
Feb 19, 9:03 AM
Jun 2013
The gamer logic in this episode made me want an RPG game based on this anime.
I'm looking forward to seeing how Denken's team will handle the Frieren clone.
Feb 19, 10:47 AM
Apr 2021
Frieren getting stuck with the mimic gets me every time
Feb 19, 11:05 AM
Jun 2019
Those stone gollems are sick, Very intereted to see how the battle between the pragmatic group and stone frieren .
Feb 19, 11:58 AM

Jan 2021
That's me riding dungeons fr

Feb 19, 5:57 PM
Feb 2024
Very well made Action-Adventure episode, with a lot of action and comedy!
Feb 19, 7:17 PM
Aug 2022
who tf has enough magical power to clone frieren
Feb 20, 1:31 AM
Feb 2021
I typically don't take the time to write reviews for individual episodes or entire anime seasons. Still, the story's remarkable quality, flawless pacing, and the ideal amount of suspense at the end of each episode are truly extraordinary. Frieren deserves recognition not only as an anime but also as a masterpiece of cinematography.
Feb 20, 1:47 AM

Feb 2014
Reply to Eunri_
who tf has enough magical power to clone frieren
@Eunri_ Probably that same great mage elf girl who created the barrier that Frieren destroyed.
Feb 20, 3:52 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Vhailor
@Eunri_ Probably that same great mage elf girl who created the barrier that Frieren destroyed.
@Vhailor I don't know why people keep assuming we have a "who" in the first place. To me this seems like a function that was built into the dungeon - probably triggered at the moment we see the flash in the dark. As such, it would fall into the category of "magic technology". We don't know how it's designed to operate - there may never have been a need for any specific mage to be strong enough to actually do the same thing manually. This technology may have been charged with magic by people over a long time, or by many people. This technology may absorb magic from its surroundings over time to charge itself.
Feb 20, 8:07 AM
Nov 2020
4th rewatch done. Frieren: The Slayer really deserves the no. 1 spot. To say that “this anime is great” is an understatement.
Feb 20, 11:23 AM
Apr 2023
I don't know how the show does it, but I keep getting surprised by things. I did not expect the mimics.
Feb 20, 12:19 PM

Apr 2021
That last scene gave me chills before it rolled to the ending. You guys are gonna love the future chapters. Get excited!!!
Feb 20, 2:53 PM

Feb 2020
Himmel has the soul of a true gamer lmao
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Feb 20, 5:10 PM
Apr 2023
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Feb 21, 3:04 AM
Oct 2021
very good episode with great animation
Feb 21, 3:31 AM
Sep 2022
"Who are we up against?"
"Um, it says 'Frieren the Slayer'."
"Is that the same Frieren from the first test?"
<sound of running receding into the distance>
Feb 21, 7:08 AM
Jan 2024
Anime lúc đầu rất chill nhưng càng về sau càng kịch tính và hình ảnh rất đẹp
Feb 21, 12:12 PM
Dec 2023
As always, a great pacing that plays with it's rythm to convey a feeling that reminds of nostalgia. Some really touching moments regarding both Frieren (and her previous party) and Fern, adding more depth to the personality of Fern, as well as her reason to travel with Frieren. The fight scenes are fluid and beautiful, and the cliffhanger in the end is even more hype than when Frieren went to fight Aura.
Feb 21, 4:54 PM
Mar 2023
FINALLY MIMIC IS CANON
Feb 21, 9:37 PM
Mar 2014
spoilers, but the ENDING though
insert JJBA *menacing* meme here
Feb 22, 3:34 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
They enter in the Dungeon and the dangerous was the usuals except that they have to fight against copy of themself and other players!!!
kekeke
Feb 22, 5:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Dungeon exploration has been very interesting so far, at least they have a way to escape with that golem summoning, better than dying, especially how hardcore the traps can be, but Frieren being stuck in fake chests will always be hilarious ahahaha. That Frieren replica at the end though, scary.
Feb 22, 7:25 AM
Sep 2021
The 2nd test has begun & really excited about the amazing battles it has in store
Feb 22, 10:14 AM
Dec 2023
Im just gonna say it, Frieren vs. The rest of the Mages (-fern) is going to be so crazy because the imitation wont hold back. For plot obviously, the imitation probably wont be able to control itself or something dumb but its still its going to be the best animated fight this season!
Feb 22, 1:03 PM
May 2017
This episode was brilliant and so is this whole arc. It's one of the best "tournament" arcs I've ever watched
Feb 22, 5:21 PM
May 2020
Honestly cant remember the last time I felt so imersered by a fantasy show, let alone anime. This journey with frieren and her comrades have been one of the most soul searching type of shows I needed in my life. Cant believe the calm moments are what i remember the most too. ONE MORE EPISODE??? NOOOO
Feb 22, 7:11 PM
Jan 2024
Just a masterpiece.
Feb 23, 12:41 AM

May 2009

credits to anon
Feb 24, 12:34 AM
Feb 2015
No wonder no one can pass the exam, the final boss awaiting is Frieren. Hope they can find way to defeat her clone. It dangerous if it can use the same mana and power as the original Frieren.
Feb 24, 1:55 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to bastek66

credits to anon
@bastek66 I'm so glad I checked this thread, hahahahaha.
Feb 24, 3:18 AM

Aug 2022
I'm really interested as to how they'll beat Frieren's clone.
Feb 24, 5:05 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Both Himmel and Frieren seems to share the sentiment of exploring dungeons up to their fullest. Rogue-lite players could never right? In any case, now we know at the very least how does she manage to escape from getting stuck on so many mimics. I swear, if I ever get the chance to a get a hold of a key chain with that moment I would get it in a heartbeat.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 24, 8:19 AM

Aug 2020
Right before the cliffhanger I was wondering if Frieren and friends had fought the clones as well, but I think we got a good enough of an answer.
Feb 25, 3:18 AM
Jan 2021
very good episode for this week
Feb 25, 10:40 PM

Oct 2010
Terrifying. "Perfect replica"
Golems 'bout to be running all over the show.
Feb 26, 9:26 AM

Jul 2016
Fun chunin style exam arc
Feb 26, 12:07 PM

May 2015
Frieren : Mystery Dungeon.
Feb 26, 10:43 PM
Nov 2018
I had goosebumps in the end, increadible.
Feb 27, 2:40 AM

Jul 2017
The First-Class Mage Test: Round 2 - the Ruins of the King's Tomb, with Sense as examiner and the 18 candidates in toll.

Raiding the dungeon and reaching to its deepest floor, Sense prohibits the boss fight and aims to get everyone in one piece to the bottom. The fear, however, is that she'll fall the candidates, and that fear is legitimate, though they have only a day to reach to the bottom and avoid first-class Lernen's escape golem shattering at dawn, thus automatically failing the exam. Sense's pacifism is pretty much true this time as they must all avoid each other, indicative of facing one or many candidates and killing them in the midst. With Sense joining Fern and Frieren, the latter learnt much of the dungeons thanks to Himmel having fun raiding them to his fullest. And the grimoire part...he knows Frieren all too well. With Kanne and Lawine making their way in, Denken, Richter and 3 others are left at the entrance.

Of course, the mimic gag comes back again, and Frieren is the ONLY mage hilariously idiotic enough to get trapped in one. But Denken's group getting statue gargoyles summoned and trapped in one of many traps, Denken's the only one able to save her, though the golem has to be used to stop the spike trap. And indeed...pushing Frieren into the mimic is the only way to get her out of it, though she always has different hairstyles before then. And Sense, unfamiliar with both Fern and Frieren, questions the former's motivation to be like the latter, and that's how she learnt the simple joys of seeing somebody like Frieren be so enthusiastic about magical junk.

For Wirbel, Scharf, Ehre and the others, facing their very own clones, it's the real fight within the dungeon, though whoever thought of this magic must've been a rather powerful spellcaster. And if that's not enough...facing a Frieren clone...it will be a magic battle of perseverance. Heat's coming!
Feb 27, 8:05 AM

Feb 2019
Loved this episode, especially Sense's admiration of Frieren and Fern. Also, it's always nice to see Frieren getting stuck with mimics and smiling as she collects utter junk.

And leave it to Frieren to end episodes with a thrilling, awesome cliffhanger. That Frieren replica is terrifying, as it probably doesn't have Frieren's restraint.
Feb 28, 8:46 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Pour a few for the dude that insisted on going alone.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2023

365 by imelxr »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

288 by robfeemster »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

588 by robfeemster »»
6 hours ago

» Dub

Cutie-Kun - Jun 6

49 by Mayahuel »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2023

277 by SSLay »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.