Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 29, 2023 2:51 PM
Nov 2020
ArimaKana said:
@Joshua_Bell @phantomfandom Wow you guys actually believed every nonsense she was on about and didn't stop to think about how her father seemed suspicious from his behaviour towards the Gandesblood family in the backstory. Also @Joshua_Bell you are trying to justify her actions saying she did all this cause her father was falsely accused.. Surely then she bullied her too cause she knew her father was gonna be falsely accused lol.

She's just a mentally broken character who wants to hurt others and feel good/superior.

I was just wondering the same thing. I mean it’s most likely she didn’t know about it but her father doesn’t exactly scream model parent.
Oct 29, 2023 7:34 PM
May 2022
Episode wasn’t bad in a vacuum but man the tonal whiplash was too much. From silly comedy to edgy dark in the blink of an eye. And just as fast turns back to comedy at the end of the episode. It needed to be built up to more. Weird pacing.
Oct 29, 2023 9:56 PM

Mar 2008
This was pretty damn good episode. I feel kind of bad for Milicent's past but she is still Milicunt to me if she stays as she is. Ah so Komari is OP even though her normal state is weak compared to others.
Oct 30, 2023 3:17 AM
Apr 2022
OMGGGGG LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO TERAKOMARI YEAHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAA
Oct 30, 2023 3:35 AM
Sep 2021
Terakomari faced her past well, and unknowingly she is the strongest vampire & the cutest vampire in all of the history.
Oct 30, 2023 4:57 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to Huntee1999
Episode wasn’t bad in a vacuum but man the tonal whiplash was too much. From silly comedy to edgy dark in the blink of an eye. And just as fast turns back to comedy at the end of the episode. It needed to be built up to more. Weird pacing.
@Huntee1999 it didn’t happen on a vacuum, it was teased since the beginning, quite good pacing.
Oct 30, 2023 6:02 AM

Apr 2020
So she's actually super strong but was kept in the dark about it by her closest retainers and family.

Now everyone else knows she's OP... except her once again and is still being kept in the dark about it. 😛

This can only end well...
Oct 30, 2023 6:32 AM
May 2013
Reply to TiagoCosta
@Huntee1999 it didn’t happen on a vacuum, it was teased since the beginning, quite good pacing.
@TiagoCosta you can expect todays socitie to get those not so small details. Social media are to blame....
Oct 30, 2023 8:14 AM

Oct 2022
this is one of the more surprising shows this season. i expected ecchi gags and got a pretty solid dramatic arc. it's awfully convenient that there's a plot mechanism that lets them hop straight back to the status quo, but it's good to have a reason to take some things seriously.
fgsfds
Oct 30, 2023 12:43 PM
Aug 2023
Really loved it! Cannot wait for next episode
Oct 30, 2023 1:07 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to phantomfandom
What about Komari's father falsely accuse Millicent's father of treason? I think there should be some kind of consequence here, surely Komari's family's not gonna get away with it just because Komari is the protagonist?
@phantomfandom

If you’ll recall, the incident was discussed by Komari’s subordinates previously and over 100 people died in the incident, presumably not permadeath though. 60 Civilians and 40 Imperial Guards or something like that.

That’s a major terrorist event even if they can come back to life. Politically speaking someone has to be assigned blame for this incident and in this case seeing as the relationship between Komari’s father and the Empress is so close, Komari’s status as a core implosion wielder is likely consider a state secret.

Millicent’s father was comparing her to Komari as worthless and incompetent which indicates that he knew this state secret, and from there he conspired to have his daughter awaken a lucratively rare ability causing her immense trauma.

Millicent’s responsibility is high, but her father’s culpability in this incident is most prevalent. Komari could be considered a Walking Weapon of Mass Destruction and the safeguards in place to prevent a metaphorical ‘detonation’ were circumvented completely.

I agree with the treason charges. They aren’t falsified at all.
Oct 30, 2023 5:29 PM
Daydreamer

Oct 2023
Terakomari's transformation was impressive and she really fought and didn't give up on Vill! That's loyalty and so lovely to see! Even though Milicent's background story was revealed, I don't really feel sympathy for her and she really got what she deserved.
Nov 1, 2023 3:42 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
This was the best episode of the series so far. Komari turned into a complete badass with just a small amount of blood. Tbh, the series really needed this. I was actually finding myself getting bored during last week's episode. My interest in this show has been officially revived. Oh, I liked the backstory too. We actually get to see why Vill is so smitten with Komari. Hopefully, this show can keep the momentum going forward.
Nov 1, 2023 5:43 AM

Oct 2010
KOMARIN! KOMARIN! KOMARIN!
Nov 1, 2023 8:29 PM

Sep 2021
It was so satisfying to see Komari rip Millicent's head off!

But I gotta say, Millicent hadn't been half as despisable if her VA wasn't doing such an amazing job!
Nov 2, 2023 12:27 AM

Apr 2015
The backstory was lame as in Millicent still comes off as a shallow character.

Nov 2, 2023 7:55 PM

Nov 2021
Amazing episode and all that but my god...Amamiya Sora absolutely killed it with her performance, that was one of the best voice acting i have heard in while
Nov 3, 2023 10:12 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to GensoTV
How can this Anime just have such a low rating? This episode blow minds! The animation much better than The Eminence in Shadows Season 2, which has a 8,7 rating. With every episode it becomes better and better!
@GensoTV you said this animation much better than the eminence in shadow? What a joke
JasonGoldNov 3, 2023 10:18 AM
Nov 3, 2023 10:52 AM

Feb 2022
Reply to JasonGold
@GensoTV you said this animation much better than the eminence in shadow? What a joke
JasonGold said:
you said this animation much better than the eminence in shadow? What a joke

Oh yeah, I forgot they added a shake effect in the last diashow. Hahahaha! Fanboys these days...
Nov 3, 2023 2:40 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to GensoTV
JasonGold said:
you said this animation much better than the eminence in shadow? What a joke

Oh yeah, I forgot they added a shake effect in the last diashow. Hahahaha! Fanboys these days...
@GensoTV well, I watched this show and couldn't find any animation that you think could beat the eminence in shadow animation. Even 1 scene of atomic animation beats the entire eps in all of these shows, and I'm not sure this show can have a better eps than the eps 5, and Eminence in Shadow hasn't reached the peak fighting eps yet , even Shadow vs Elizabeth is still far above Eps 5 of this anime, even Eps 6 of Eminence in Shadow will be even better. Just wait after it's released and compare it with this 🤭
JasonGoldNov 3, 2023 2:43 PM
Nov 3, 2023 2:54 PM

Feb 2022
Reply to JasonGold
@GensoTV well, I watched this show and couldn't find any animation that you think could beat the eminence in shadow animation. Even 1 scene of atomic animation beats the entire eps in all of these shows, and I'm not sure this show can have a better eps than the eps 5, and Eminence in Shadow hasn't reached the peak fighting eps yet , even Shadow vs Elizabeth is still far above Eps 5 of this anime, even Eps 6 of Eminence in Shadow will be even better. Just wait after it's released and compare it with this 🤭
JasonGold said:

You trolling to much! xD
Nov 3, 2023 11:57 PM
Jan 2021
Komarin! Komarin! Komarin!
Nov 4, 2023 9:19 AM
Jan 2018
Okay, seriously this anime deserves a lot more views! Also, never really considered the possibility she could’ve been a victim but yeah that right there was horrible parenting, no wonder she suffered from an inferiority complex and resorted to violence in the end. Lastly, never thought I’d be saying this but I’m kinda looking forward to future episodes, maybe I’ll even pick up a Komarin nendo after I pre-order Arima Kana’s.
Nov 5, 2023 7:53 PM
Mar 2023
wtf my little brother was right
Nov 8, 2023 4:24 AM

Oct 2008
you can't just top that! the awesomeness of episode 4!!!
that core implosion awakening of Terakomari was phenomenal!!!
5/5.

Nov 12, 2023 8:51 AM

Jul 2017
In comparison to Komari and Villhaze, Milicent lived a rather ruthless life being a vampire politican family's kid who's the bane of a useless child. And someone who is able to master Core Implosion, it was Villhaze who showed that power to her, only to become her target instead. Despite being a child who isn't a master of magic, Milli just refused to accept reality, even towards Komari, which her mother's pendant was the Ritual Artifact that broke her entire self and downfall of her family, and resigned to terrorism through Inverse Moon. Despite the fact that indeed one of her corps was the spy that worked with Milli, there's no going back on the battle against her and Komari.

Komari may be a shut-in princess, but her powers are not for nothing, which is a fickle to Milli's strength. And despite not being able to have an element of magic, her willpower to protect Vill remains just as strong, as much as she wants to step out and not be the hopeless shut-in. Komari's "Mercy of the Lonely Crimson" Core Implosion which results from her drinking blood, that is a 1000-year-old power that has been laid dormant, now unleashed onto Milli's wrath, and it was one hell of a fight she put up. No wonder she was hypnotized not to taste blood, for her power is one heck of an OP power that must not be unleashed.

Komari and Vill, princess and maid, in commune together.
Nov 15, 2023 9:05 AM
Sep 2017
I thought this series will be a 'relaxed' fell to it, but this episode HOT DAMN
Nov 16, 2023 3:51 AM

Aug 2020
Started watching this show a bit late into the season and I’m glad I gave it a go, this episode was pretty rad. Underrated show.
Nov 27, 2023 10:46 AM
Jun 2020
Gurl has some most badass and epic moment i ever see in anime, perfectly fit how i imagine her when first time i see her on some ads, its so perfect, its give me goosebump lol, im still replaying that awakening scene
Nov 27, 2023 10:47 AM
Jun 2020
Reply to matias067
you can't just top that! the awesomeness of episode 4!!!
that core implosion awakening of Terakomari was phenomenal!!!
5/5.
@matias067 that what im sayin, agree 100%, its so satisfying
Nov 27, 2023 11:02 AM
Jun 2020
Reply to HaruyukiIsCute
Komari sama kakkoii!
Seriously, this “rage mode” rekkaku liberation is so badass. From the cutest to the coolest.
@HaruyukiIsCute totally agree with this!
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 AM
Jun 2012
You know? When I woke up today.
There was something I didn't expect to find to need in my life.

It truly did not occur to myself. To require a Loli Moka.

With her Tsukune being a blue haired maid with assets.
That would make Rem blush.

Truly the Yuri Rosario Vampire of the year of our Lord 2023.
Is one such media, nay great work of culture. That we need more of in life.
Dec 14, 2023 2:23 AM
Apr 2013
EP 4

Aside from that, i wonder. is millicent going to escape again and just be a recurring antagonist, or is someone else going to show up?

Also uhm...did they skip the op for this episode?

Seems like someone will be showing up next time. but hurr. i mean the plot really swerved since ep 1 so its hard to tell whats going to happen now

I'll be honest, this ep felt really like, bombastic and out of place. I mean I dunno? Since the whole point of the ep was like.

In theory as long as she's not dead, they could have millicent show up again, but it might be too much effort for the author.

Some spoilers aside.
While the anime isnt like super popular its not like its unpopular either, although its really strange, like, what do I know. It's just really weird because on one hand anything might get a second season, on the other hand, being too optimistic might be a problem.

ADD:

It's funny because rewatching ep 1 and 2. So it turns out that, komari actually really did kill 100 people 3 years ago in her activated mode, but hilariously in a twist of events millicent was there/to blame as well. In EP 1 komari said she was 15 ish though, but eh.
CocoaGalaxyDec 20, 2023 9:32 AM
Jan 1, 2:48 AM
Apr 2021
Holy shit Komari going berserk mode and slicing off Millie’s arms while the OP was playing was so goddamn cold I lowkey got a lil goosebumps from seeing Komari being a badass🔥🔥🔥😮‍💨
Jan 16, 2:32 PM
May 2020
awesome ep, millicent backstory put everything into perspective and the fight between her and komari was cool

komari is also a lot stronger than we thought, but it makes sense that she doesn't drink blood even as a vampire if it releases that much power in her, but at least she's actually strong and doesn't have to fake it anymore (that is if she even happens to remember how she gets strong)
Jan 25, 9:48 PM

Sep 2023
I imagine this is the episode where people either drop or continue the show. Or maybe Im just slow but it took until this point for me to realize how chuunibyou this anime is. Reads like a fanfic with a self insert OC but female. The moment in particular when MC's power activates and she goes deep voiced bad ass mode to crush her bully and save her lover... I couldnt help but giggle a bit. Took a peek at the later episodes, and unsurprisingly, it seems to introduce more colorful haired girls who fall for the MC (after she helps or saves them with her edgy powers of course).

Not saying this is a bad anime though. The voice acting is great, the artstyle is pretty, the animation is damn good, and I can see why people would like the main character and her maid. But even as a yuri fan, this wasn't for me.
Feb 9, 6:10 PM

Feb 2009
So after spending the first 2 eps being a pure comedy with a pretty good quality, it tries to take the serious route, but it just comes off as cringe rather than funny. Milli is godawful and her backstory doesn't save her character. Komari gets cheated out of her power by her dad and ends up getting bullied as a kid and going through this entire farce because they'd rather hypnotize her into thinking she's a useless being rather than have her learn to control her power properly. In a comedy setting, I may have been willing to overlook spotty decisions, but if the show wants to be serious, it'll get judged as such.
Unfortunate that they wasted a decent series.
EinTheVarianceFeb 10, 1:16 PM
Feb 17, 2:13 AM

Sep 2020
I had the biggest smile on my face when Terakomari was kicking her ass lmao.
Apr 10, 1:34 PM

Aug 2019
i fucking hate this character.
>father is stupid and doesnt want to lost to another family
>father takes it all out on his daughter
>daughter for no reason wants to appeal to her stupid father
>bullies a girl who has something she didnt have because she told the truth
>begins bullying komari because ???
>because she bullied komari she and her family were thrown out of the country
>gets mad at komari because of her own idiotic mistakes. "you did this to me" when "this" wouldnt have happened if she didnt begin bullying anyone.

id be fine if the character was sympathetic but this all doesnt make sense its so stupid i cant feel sympathetic. other than this fucking character ive liked this show so far.

"what do you think crying could possibly solve?"
SAME FUCKING QUESTION TO YOU. WHAT THE FUCK DOES KILLING KOMARI SOLVE? you think the country will be like "ah yeah because you killed her for good we will let your family back in even if you are a terrorist now" so dumb

"i will have mercy on you now" why? fucking kill her she is a piece of shit bully terrorist with no good qualities what so ever

HiljainenSipuliApr 10, 2:10 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 5:58 PM

May 2015
Terakomari popped off this episode! I'm glad we got to see why things went the way they did in the past. Millicent is a troubled soul, but I blame her crazy father and might make right society more than anything else.
May 17, 10:11 PM
Nov 2022
Again, a difficult episode to watch. I couldn't care less what happened (before and after) to Mellicent after what she did to Komari and Vill. I wasn't even satisfied with the outcome, honestly, Komari deserved WAY more paypack in my opinion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2023

58 by Magicmist »»
Jun 10, 11:40 PM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2023

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jun 6, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2023

60 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jun 6, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2023

55 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jun 6, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Hikikomari Kyuuketsuki no Monmon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2023

76 by Magicmist »»
Jun 4, 7:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.