Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 7:01 AM
Dec 2020
Senpai got hurt in the match oh no.
Jan 21, 7:07 AM

Jul 2021
The fuck eimei lost?? CHINATSU LOST?! WHAT THE FUCK IS THE AUTHOR COOKING
Jan 21, 7:12 AM
Mar 2023
I didn’t think the author would go that way tbh
Jan 21, 7:26 AM
Jun 2021
Agree with both comments above. This is.. unexpected to say the least.

What irks me most is not Chinatsu getting hurt, tho. It is the fact that the author wants to make us believe that Yumeka singlehandedly brought the win to her team after being MIA in basketball for multiple years. That is one grandiose asspull. Chinatsu and her team were made out to be way better and tbh even without Chinatsu it seemed like they would've won.

If this was "We advance to the finals, woohoo!!" and Chinatsu being hurt into some mental drama blabla it would be fine. But I really have zero idea where this could go now. Meh. Really meh.

Edit: On second thought, this is good writing(jk) and a really positive message! I, while not having trained/played basketball for 4+ years will go to win Nationals! Surely that will work just like here!
shutcardboardJan 21, 7:31 AM
Jan 21, 9:02 AM

Apr 2021
This was such a disappointing chapter. This just seems unnecessary and just there so the characters can suffer.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 9:13 AM
Jan 2024
bro fuck no, this is just bs no way she lost wtf 😭😭
Jan 21, 9:15 AM
Jan 2024
Timer04 said:
This was such a disappointing chapter. This just seems unnecessary and just there so the characters can suffer.

idk what the author wants to do now like milk the manga
Jan 21, 9:20 AM

Jan 2023
NOOOO WHAT THE FUCK
Jan 21, 9:27 AM
Aug 2021
Well wasn't expecting that to happen...
Jan 21, 9:28 AM
Aug 2021
Jan 21, 9:28 AM
Aug 2021
Jan 21, 9:30 AM
Aug 2021
hi777 said:
Timer04 said:

How is this milking? Takki is the mc and it's essentially about him getting to the finals. He's still in second year, this is not milking anything.
Jan 21, 9:45 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to hi777
Timer04 said:

@hi777 I really hope that it won't come to that since I really enjoy this series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 9:54 AM
Jan 2024
StarZone1 said:
hi777 said:

How is this milking? Takki is the mc and it's essentially about him getting to the finals. He's still in second year, this is not milking anything.

idk man I was just angry so I started typing bs
Jan 21, 9:55 AM
Jan 2024
Timer04 said:
@hi777 I really hope that it won't come to that since I really enjoy this series.

same I also love the series but the author did very wrong by making her lose like this 😓
Jan 21, 4:20 PM

Oct 2023
Bruh I thought she was gonna win 🥲
Jan 21, 4:51 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril is working hard
Jan 21, 5:28 PM

Jan 2011
Alright, now this is actually a more interesting direction to take it.
Jan 21, 9:38 PM

Apr 2022
yeah nah he ain't cooking shit, should've let this one be a dub at least.
Jan 21, 10:45 PM
Apr 2022
to be honest, this was worse than the worst scenario i had imagined, like chi losing was of course in my mind, losing like that? hell nah i wasnt expecting that. i know that the author could make this situation much much worse, like what if chi is so upset and starts blaming shit on taiki and boom, breakup. I know that doesnt sound like her but fucking hell i dont know what to expect to be honest. imma just wish that this is the saddest chapter, and it wont go downhall from now. im beggin to god to let taiki inomata cook.
Jan 21, 10:46 PM
Apr 2022
to be honest, this was worse than the worst scenario i had imagined, like chi losing was of course in my mind, losing like that? hell nah i wasnt expecting that. i know that the author could make this situation much much worse, like what if chi is so upset and starts blaming shit on taiki and boom, breakup. I know that doesnt sound like her but fucking hell i dont know what to expect to be honest. imma just wish that this is the saddest chapter, and it wont go downhall from now. im beggin to god to let taiki inomata cook.
Jan 22, 10:31 AM

May 2020
This chapter's title kind of summarizes everyone's feelings.

Wasn't expecting that to happen, but yeah author likes giving Chinatsu the short end of the stick, so bad luck I guess.
Jan 22, 1:21 PM
May 2021
hate this chapter, first chapter of the manga that i can say that about, chinatsu s team work their ass off and lose this early on? due to an injury? i agree with Umika at the end of the chapter why does the girl whos been working her butt off get the short end of the stick while her who quit on basketball gets rewarded? just give chinatsu a win for christ sakes horrible chapter makes little sense and comes out of no where with the twist all the writing before this chapter pointed to a hard fought victory for eimei. now time for unnecessary injury drama arc smh
Jan 22, 1:21 PM
May 2021
hate this chapter, first chapter of the manga that i can say that about, chinatsu s team work their ass off and lose this early on? due to an injury? i agree with Umika at the end of the chapter why does the girl whos been working her butt off get the short end of the stick while her who quit on basketball gets rewarded? just give chinatsu a win for christ sakes horrible chapter makes little sense and comes out of no where with the twist all the writing before this chapter pointed to a hard fought victory for eimei. now time for unnecessary injury drama arc smh
Jan 23, 11:04 AM

Dec 2016
Unfortunately Chinatsu is dead. 😔
Maybe Hina will be able to comfort Taiki?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.99/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.169/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.67/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.56/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 24, 4:00 PM

Apr 2017
depression arc inc
Jan 24, 4:59 PM

Jun 2016
A crushing defeat. A part of me hopes we just get a quick resolution to the incoming depression arc, but they may just drag it out to fill time.
Jan 25, 11:08 AM
Oct 2019
Plot armor? What is plot armor?

Absolutely goated chapter. I'm so happy the author didn't go the "everybody wins their last chance" route, that would've been so boring
Jan 25, 11:10 AM
Oct 2019
DonniedaCultured said:

That's life, your efforts don't always get rewarded. It's a good thing we didn't get another "they win because it's the senpais' last year" plot armor
Jan 25, 11:28 AM
May 2021
Karol_At said:
DonniedaCultured said:

That's life, your efforts don't always get rewarded. It's a good thing we didn't get another "they win because it's the senpais' last year" plot armor

while it is true that in life your efforts aren't always rewarded that has already been shown in this story when she failed last year and missed that shot, rehashing that same lesson during this arc while not setting it up is not good writing in my personal opinion. i understand where you are coming from with not wanting another bland story where she gets her goals because shes the mc but in this case it wouldn't be this way, it has been established that eimei has a good team and that chinatsu is a star player, them winning the regionals as they did last year absolutely would not be plot armor. it could actually be argued that yumeka has the plot armor in this chapter by taking years off of a sport and suddenly coming back in top form to beat people who have been working for years with the only explanation being she found her love for basketball again and that she is naturally gifted. you're free to your own opinion as am I and I appreciate you commenting, differing opinions and discussions is what makes being apart of a community fun, i could also change my opinion if the author does something special with this story beat in future chapters so we shall see!
Jan 28, 4:50 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah, I don't think I need to see more. Maybe will catch up on it after a year to see the progress, right now the autor is just taking every possible turn to deviate from the main plot and is just adding unnecessary road blocks. One step forward and three steps back...
Jan 29, 1:06 AM

Oct 2017
Knew things weren't gonna end well for atleast one of them and Chinatsu got the short end of the stick. Taiki has hope now ig.
Jan 30, 12:15 PM

Oct 2012
dang this author doesn't like happy endings for main chars.. sigh
Feb 4, 1:56 AM

Aug 2018
IT CANNOT BE.
Eimei lost, and Chinatsu got hurt...FUCK! :/

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Hako Chapter 44 Discussion

Thunder44 - Mar 13, 2022

29 by anii_squid »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ao no Hako Chapter 43 Discussion

Thunder44 - Mar 6, 2022

28 by anii_squid »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Ao no Hako Chapter 152 Discussion

Thunder44 - Jun 9

10 by Softhenic03 »»
Jun 11, 12:26 PM

» Do you think it'll keep going after Chinatsu graduates?

JohnDowson - Jun 6

5 by Lograi »»
Jun 7, 11:36 PM

Poll: » Ao no Hako Chapter 151 Discussion

Thunder44 - Jun 2

13 by Tamer2002 »»
Jun 7, 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.