Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 8, 9:33 PM

Oct 2022
I'm very glad we're diving right into the meat and potatoes of character development and whatnot, S1 did an amazing job introducing characters and the setting... now it's time to see if the ship fully sails!

Jan 8, 11:48 PM

Nov 2022
Lets see how much Ichikawa-kun can misunderstand this season?
I do feel so old when I can relate to all those emotions and feelings and start with the sentence; "Ahh yes, back in my days as a kid..." 😂
Jan 8, 11:58 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
One of the coziest shows ever known to mankind returns... and just like always, somehow it makes me wanna cry.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 9, 2:35 AM

Oct 2022
This show got that certain innocence to it that just feels so heartwarming. The way they are opening up to each other and trying their best to not hesitate is always so nice to see and develop.
Jan 9, 3:18 AM
Oct 2023
The OP and ED are simply beautiful, with some of the shots genuinely blowing my mind. Music and the tone is great, and the animation is as good as season one. Of course it is emotional, especially towards the end when tears come from Yamada, and Kyo finally finds Akita. And the invitation was slick, I see you Anna.
Jan 9, 5:34 AM

Dec 2022
Hopefully we see some flashbacks or learn about the past of these characters since they are getting close, and their depths will probably be explored.
Jan 9, 7:57 AM

Oct 2022
This start of the season is really good too, forgot he broke his arm, but my golly did it connect them and show the compassion and how much they care for each other.
Jan 9, 12:22 PM

Feb 2019
Tired of being alone man when will it be my turn…

Finally got around to watching the first episode and this is show is just as great as I remember it. If anything, it seems like the production values have got even better since season 1. The OP is stunning, the direction immaculate and the Ushio Kensuke OST only heightens the emotional impact of scenes like Yamada and Kyo in the library where he hesitates to tell her that he broke his arm because she’s all he can think about at times. Or the snow searching scene.

We’re about to reach a point where neither of them can return from. The romantic tension between the two of them is so high right now and it’s so cute how they’re struggling to put into words how they feel right now. They are at such a pure stage in their lives and experiencing their first love. A beautiful thing to watch.

Was great to see Hara and Kanzaki’s relationship doing well too. Her not liking his sideburns was so real 😂 dealing with someone you like doing something that doesn’t fit them is definitely real af. Learning how to be nice about it as to not hurt their feelings is an important skill that she’s learning
Marinate1016Jan 9, 12:27 PM
Jan 9, 2:12 PM

Feb 2018
Well, looks like we're getting right back into it.
Felt like quite a lot happened in this one, in terms of their interactions,having a little falling out then making up and having that emotional moment at the end.
Also, think they did a great job on the op, really liked it.
Jan 9, 3:31 PM

Nov 2022
I have high hopes for this, even the opening seems to hint to something very sweet, might be a trap and a lie but I am all for this. I only remember Yamada loving to eat every moment last season, but this season seems to be much more than that.
Jan 9, 8:47 PM
Jan 2017
The return of the big stupid she-giant and the worrywart emo kid.
Why do I feel so good right now?
Jan 9, 10:12 PM

Oct 2022
The guilty pleasure has returned. To think it all started with an obsession that was cured with affection. Heres to season 2

Jan 10, 3:21 AM

Dec 2022
Hara is so perceptive. But her reaction when Yamada mention she spent christmas eve with Ichikawa was priceless lolol.
Jan 10, 4:35 AM
Oct 2019
PEAK IS BACK!!

Wow just wow look at the Visual in the OP.

Sometimes i forgot Kensuke Ushio was the one did the music, god damn it's good.

Moeko being the best wing woman.
Jan 10, 6:16 AM

Oct 2022
I've truly missed this show. The next episode is going to be so good. I can't wait!
Jan 10, 10:15 AM

Oct 2014
damn this thing gets the budget it deserves.
Jan 10, 10:48 AM

Mar 2022
First Episode of my most anticipated show this season, and could not be more pleased :)
Jan 10, 1:49 PM
Jan 2023
This premier episode (AND THAT OPENING HOLY HELL) made some dangers in my heart lemme tell ya...
Jan 10, 3:06 PM
Jan 2018
*dies of diabetes*
Jan 10, 3:33 PM

Dec 2022
So cool to see them both being more confident to express how they feel.

Jan 10, 3:55 PM

Dec 2022
Yamada just casually drops her romance life lore bombs between conversation and makes others blush.
Jan 11, 1:20 PM
Jan 2022
Shino's Shitty Reviews: Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu S2E1

Peak romance is back again. Honestly this season is jam-packed with a lot of good romance titles, and I'm all for it. But BokuYaba stands out among all of those.

Like always the music just slaps. Getting Kensuke Ushio on the board for the soundtracks was one of the best decisions they could've done, and knowing his work in season 1, I'm sure we won't be disappointed by anything in general by this season.
The OP and ED are quite nice, especially the OP really fits the series.

Just like S1, the manga is being faithfully adapted with a few tidbits added here and there, and I don't really know what to say about the animation. Its just a huge curveball from all the romance animes you usually see with how good the effects are, and knowing Shin-Ei is working on it is just a blast from the past when you know the titles up their belt.

The voice acting by everyone, but Horie Shun just stands out with how well he conveys Ichikawa's character. The VA for Moeko is just too cute with her whole cat noises sctick. Just a very well rounded staff of not so famous big names who are absolutely killing in this.

The manga definitely deserved an adaptation of this calibre, and this is probably one of the very rare cases where i recommend the anime over the manga for someone new to this series (coming from someone who's a day one reader of the BokuYaba manga)

Overall Epsiode rating: 10/10
Jan 13, 3:04 AM

Aug 2018
AND THEY'RE BACK!!!
Finally the 2nd season is out.
The season I was waiting for the most.
Very good chapter, Kyoutarou will go to Yamada's house.
This is going to get interesting.
The new opening is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
The song is great and visually it's beautiful.
The dance <3!!!
And the new ending is really nice.
But that last scene...AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
IF IT WILL GET THERE!!!!
(Chapters 58 to 61 of the manga adapted.)

Jan 13, 10:51 AM
Jul 2023
Holy shit it's back and even better then before
Jan 13, 12:51 PM

Jan 2012
They translated gravure shots as glamour shots lolol sulfur lake sulfur lake yabai lolol
Jan 15, 12:52 AM
Jan 2024
It is nice to see this romantic comedy have a second season!
Jan 17, 12:40 AM
Sep 2021
Nice to see this anime back, throughout the whole episode, the last ending scenes hit me strong. Had a lot of emotional feel to it & for this type of emotions/feelings/circumstances, I am all for it.
Jan 18, 5:05 AM
May 2020
peak romance is back
Jan 19, 7:22 AM
Aug 2020
I have a love-hate relationship with it and honestly it's one of the few shounen romcoms that I like
I would even say it's the only one
Jan 24, 4:21 PM
Dec 2020
Man this never dispont at all they always like each other but embarrassed to comit
Jan 26, 1:59 PM
Feb 2021
BEAUTIFUL! I FEEL SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS SEASON ALREADY!
Jan 27, 1:03 PM
Mar 2023
Lets go i loved this episode!
I'm so hyped for the next!
Jan 27, 2:19 PM

Nov 2023
It's just gonna get better and better from here, I can just tell.

The OP sounds amazing, arguably might be one of my favorites.
Jan 30, 3:09 AM
Sep 2021
Loved this episode, amazing.
Feb 3, 11:54 AM

May 2015
Nice. they found a doggo
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 4, 3:37 PM

Oct 2023
I like the new design of Yamada
Feb 10, 11:21 AM
Nov 2022
Even the last episode is not there I am already requesting to please have the 3rd seaason
Feb 19, 10:45 AM
May 2022
It give a huge smile on my face
Mar 1, 5:33 AM
Feb 2020
Simply wonderful.
Mar 15, 1:18 AM

Apr 2015
So another season starts off and this time both the ending and opening are a banger!
Really love the vibes Kyoutaro and Anna had this episode and if this episode is any indication of the stuff to come then it's going to be a heartwarming ride!
Really amped up for this.
Mar 17, 12:25 PM

Mar 2010
Lil bro still has much to learn, kinda getting irritated by how soft he is. But at the same time... them beating around da bush kinda makes it more bittersweet.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 24, 7:51 AM

Feb 2021
He's coming to Her house in the middle of the winter season? Hmm...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 30, 8:57 PM
Feb 2024
VERRY Masterpiece
Mar 30, 9:05 PM
May 2023
I've been looking forward to it
Apr 1, 12:56 PM

Aug 2019
yamada is so tall, clumsy, aloof and cute :3
i didnt really care for the first season but it was good enough to get me interested in watching this.
wingmans

i like how this went straight into "action" though cant say i remember any of the side characters
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 1:26 PM
Feb 2024
Excelente inicio de temporada respetando lo que pasó anteriormente y con buenos momentos destacados
Apr 3, 1:27 PM
Feb 2024
Excelente inicio de temporada respetando lo que pasó anteriormente y con buenos momentos destacados
Apr 15, 2:37 PM
Jan 2023
This is just too sweet, they seem to really care about each other.

The snow was super well done too, they really did put a good amount of time into making that look good it seems.

Can't wait to see what sort of sweetness this season has in store. I'm sure it's even sweeter than the last season.
Apr 29, 4:23 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Jumping right from S1, no fucking delays or having to wait for new season to drop!

PERFECT first episode, not in the way I was expecting, damm feels~~

I loved S1 OPED, and I gotta say, OP for S2 is just barebones lackluster in comparison, but the ending is even better than S1, that ending song is AMAZING, it starts soft and soothing, then it gets going showing all the highlights of previous season, then choral and just beautiful finalization.
May 4, 12:27 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to Playcool
Jumping right from S1, no fucking delays or having to wait for new season to drop!

PERFECT first episode, not in the way I was expecting, damm feels~~

I loved S1 OPED, and I gotta say, OP for S2 is just barebones lackluster in comparison, but the ending is even better than S1, that ending song is AMAZING, it starts soft and soothing, then it gets going showing all the highlights of previous season, then choral and just beautiful finalization.
@Playcool how could u say the s2 op is lackluster 💀, it's literally has better song,lyrics, and visual than op 1.Also op 2 and Ed 2 is actually the biggest spoiler for the show, u need to check the full version.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

123 by Qweeq13 »»
Jun 12, 9:45 PM

» Season 3?

martingunnarsson - Mar 30

28 by Aleapp »»
Jun 10, 4:51 PM

» Is this basicly...

Danuel - Jun 8

10 by Danuel »»
Jun 8, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Do girls like Yamada really exist? ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - Jan 21

80 by Gator »»
Jun 5, 8:22 AM

Poll: » R u satisfied or disappointed ( 1 2 3 )

Hickykissy - Mar 31

100 by Gator »»
Jun 5, 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.