Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (31) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2023 7:16 AM
Oct 2019
This is it, I'm so glad to be part of the history.
10 years of journey is finally over.

REST IN PIECE EREN...

One of the greatest piece of story i have ever experience in my life.

10/10

Thank You Attack on Titan!!
Thank You Hajime Isayama!!
Thank You all the VA!!
Thank You WIT STUDIO AND MAPPA STUDIO!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS JOURNEY AND EXPERIECE!!

For one last time, SHINZOU WO SASAGEYO!!
Nov 5, 2023 7:17 AM

Feb 2008
To all those involved in the making of this series (and manga), thank you for this journey!
Nov 5, 2023 7:20 AM
Jun 2019
thank you hajime isayama
Nov 5, 2023 7:23 AM

Sep 2017
It's finally over. You know I was waiting for the extremely controversial moment that supposedly makes the ending so awful, but it never came. Just goes to show when something gets this popular, there will always be whiny haters bitching about everything. This is pretty much exactly what I expected to happen except I thought maybe someone else would die. Especially Reiner lmao. But Eren dying and the power of titans being removed... yeah that's exactly what I thought had to happen for our cast to have any sort of decent life ahead of them. And that's exactly what happened.

Sure there is this idea of a ton of humanity being wiped out in the future, but Eren made it sound like it was a direct consequence of what he did. He was completely wrong. We are to believe none of our cast is going to get to live out a peaceful life, but from the credits montage we see they get to do exactly that. Then what is probably several hundred years pass and humanity has destroyed itself with nukes or whatever. If that is the thing Eren was thinking of, he was seriously missing context. I think it's a relatively pointless thing to show. This brief glimpse of future we see is so far removed from anything else in the show that it doesn't even exist. But I think the point Isayama was trying to say is that you can never stop conflict between people. On a less meta level, it shows us what that "80% of humanity being wiped" out thing really is.

Then "Beren" or whatever shows up at the tree as a cheeky nod to the start of the show. If anyone seriously thinks this implies Beren will go onto getting the "power of the fighter jets" and turn into a B52 stealth bomber to continue the cycle of violence again is a fucking idiot.

This was the prefect ending I wanted. Even Mikasa went on to have a family of her own.
Nov 5, 2023 7:23 AM

Nov 2015
Thank you for 10 years of absolute quality. While I was expecting a couple more main character deaths, I'm so so so glad Jean and Connie weren't stuck as titans or killed. I was frozen when I saw all those people transforming. Reiner seeing his mother as a titan trying to kill him was insane. I even thought we were finished with revelations about titan abilities or plot threads. The flying titan was sick! And the perfect kind of (literal) elevation for a final episode. Realizing the Eren erased final memories with Armin and Mikasa was a great emotional gut punch! Glad Levi made it through everything. The very last of the OG Scouts. Interesting take with the credits montage of peace and age and eventual, perpetual war. It's sad but truly what else could have happened. Great storytelling. Thanks again
Nov 5, 2023 7:24 AM

Jan 2009
The animations, OST and overall direction of this special episode helped a lot to evaluate the huge divisive ending. I'm pretty satisfied overall even if it's almost a 1:1 transposition.

Still don't understand why in the first few pages there are like 95% posts from oviously manga readers (fervent haters) that got burnt out by this ending 2 years ago. We know you didn't like it one bit, still there are a lot of really bad formulated comments. I don't even believe that the majority of those posters actually watched this special episode; they probably just wrote their hate as soon as the this topic went up. The ending overall isn't that far from a Requiem Zero of Code Geass for example, and that part I think is pretty much liked by the anime fanbase?

Anyway back on AoT, was there any truth in an upcoming new chapter in April by Isayama?
Nov 5, 2023 7:24 AM
Dec 2022
Best show of all time
Nov 5, 2023 7:25 AM
Aug 2022
Gud last ep. Satisfying ending
Nov 5, 2023 7:26 AM
Sep 2020
Danae said:
The ending was ass, just like the manga. I just feel bad mappa animators had to work so much for this garbage lmao

stop chasing clout
Nov 5, 2023 7:28 AM

Dec 2013
Very cool because I had a bunch of friends over to watch this yesterday. But man, the ending wasn't nearly as bad as manga reader made it out to be. I'm really wondering why it got so much hate a while back. It's confusing but not completely unexplainable, some lose ends but all it all it's a rather satisfying conclusion. Of course I gotta sit on it for a little while and maybe then I'll be able to see more flaws.
Nov 5, 2023 7:29 AM
Feb 2021
Greatest piece of media ever, so long Attack on Titan.
Nov 5, 2023 7:30 AM

Sep 2008
Well, anime-only watchers, you got your "original" ending (or rather an improved version) in the form of extra scenes and changed dialogues.

I actually like this version of the ending the best.

It even got me a little emotional. Well done, MAPPA.
Thank you, Hajime Isayama, for creating this masterpiece.

This will be remembered as one of the best anime of all time!
Kaito__KidNov 5, 2023 7:34 AM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Nov 5, 2023 7:32 AM
Jul 2022
my expectations were low because of manga readers callinv it awful but i was very pleasantly surprised. it ended emotionally and well.
Nov 5, 2023 7:32 AM
Oct 2014
Reply to Kenel
Perfect ending. If anyone thinks this is a bad ending, I'm very sure you didn't understand anything about what Shingeki no Kyojin is about and should touch some grass.
Guess Isayama needs to touch grass then because that's not the ending he was originally planning for his series at all.
Nov 5, 2023 7:35 AM
May 2022
I don't want to criticize. It was an ending that really touched me deeply. People can criticize as much as they want... I don't care! Goodbye supreme series... Goodbye Eren... Thank you very much for the excitement you gave me...
Nov 5, 2023 7:36 AM
Dec 2022
وداعا يا بطلي ايرين
Nov 5, 2023 7:37 AM
Oct 2020
Definitely better than the manga ending. It didn't change the manga ending but it was done a lot better. Getting rid of the line of Armin thanking Eren for mass murder/genocide was good, and changing it to him saying he'll go to hell with him is great. Still, while I don't think it was a perfect ending or even a great ending it was ok. I definitely don't consider it the worst ending or anything.
Nov 5, 2023 7:40 AM
Oct 2017
I have nothing to say but Sawano's music elevates this great animation quality of MAPPA as usual.
Thanks for making this great anime epic.
Nov 5, 2023 7:41 AM
Apr 2019
what an end of a great anime
Nov 5, 2023 7:47 AM
Aug 2019
fighting into a dry conclusion that meant nothing in the end
Nov 5, 2023 7:48 AM
Mar 2021
greatest anime ever.
Nov 5, 2023 7:52 AM
Jan 2021
GREAT anime of All Time

Nov 5, 2023 7:57 AM
Dec 2022
Masterpiece, cannot be better
Nov 5, 2023 7:57 AM
May 2022
beautiful ending to one of the greatest stories ever told. It has become my all favorite anime/show ever.
Nov 5, 2023 7:58 AM

Aug 2016
Reply to Cruicruise
@-Ryu No one believed that. It was obvious he was suffering a lot but I personally thought there was more subtle ways to express Eren's vulnerability in the end, more in tune with what we saw from him post timeskip. I didn't wish to see him go out this sad. Also this was far from the only issue people had with the conclusion.
@Cruicruise I think it makes sense for his character in general, prior to the time skip he was always overly emotional, so it was fitting to show that behind the cold and heartless mask he's been putting up is the scared and traumatized teenager we've seen in the beginning of the story. It does feel like this was the biggest issue going by how everyone overreacted to that particular moment, which I honestly didn't even think was an issue to begin with. This ending is definitely flawed, it suffers from the same pacing and character development issues from the rumbling arc in general, but I'd argue it's the best part of the arc simply because at the very least it is thematically coherent with the rest of the story.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Nov 5, 2023 7:58 AM
Oct 2022
prsfx1 said:
Plot armor is so shit. Isayama is like D&D of anime. Well atleast GoT was not started with their brain. But Isayama took a really good plot to one of the worst ending ever. GoT ending is better than this. Why so much plot armor. Just kill Annie ffs.
and what is 80% killing and then u all kill me like wtf. Just kill all of them and then live without any worry. you are already killing 80% of then what difference 20% more will make? Isayama just got lost in the ending and fked it really bad.

Yea, like kill them all and live the next 4 years he had left with Mikasa maybe have a child and be rememberd as the savior of the eldian people while ending all future conflicts since everybody else is dead.
Nov 5, 2023 7:59 AM

Apr 2016
Reply to watsym
@Ohmena You’re saying he massacred humanity with titans, so no one else can do it. Seems illogical, but he is stupid after all
watsym said:
You’re saying he massacred humanity with titans, so no one else can do it. Seems illogical, but he is stupid after all

The real problem is that the author didn't show us how twisted Eren's mind has become since he kissed Historia's hand. It's a huge waste of potential if we don't see the impact of having your mind flooded with information from the past and future, at the same time that N futures in which you try to change something always result in the same tragedy.

Time travel works like Higurashi, Steins:Gate and even Suzumiya Haruhi's infamous Endless Eight do this very well. The problem with the scene where Eren calls himself an idiot is precisely that it didn't show to the viewer what he actually went through. It is a moment that becomes shallow because the work only speaks, but does not show anything.

Nov 5, 2023 8:00 AM
Jun 2022
Nov 5, 2023 8:02 AM
Oct 2022
Mattinator95 said:
Still have no clue what isayama was thinking honestly

It’s a shame some of the scenes the staff put a lot of effort into will be overshadowed by events

Funny enough this ending reminds me of darling in the franxx for some reason

because of the tree at the end
Nov 5, 2023 8:05 AM
Oct 2020
Incredible episode

Ending was definitely controversial, but enjoyable nonetheless
Nov 5, 2023 8:07 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to deg
attack on titan is about nihilism over idealism, power struggle and power corrupts, nature over nurture, genocide justification over genocide prevention, violence is the answer its kill or be killed, the cycle of hate and violence and war never ends

@deg
I completely disagree with your last statement, I don’t think snk is the opposite of Vinland saga in terms of criticizing violence.
Snk is also a story about how the cycle of violence is a vile thing, the only difference is that it leaves us with no hope that it will ever end, humanity will never learn and that is sad.
Part of the bittersweet feeling about the end is realizing that no matter what, people will just keep killing each other and the anime shows us how awful that is, so we need to enjoy the little things while we can.
Nov 5, 2023 8:07 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to deg
attack on titan is about nihilism over idealism, power struggle and power corrupts, nature over nurture, genocide justification over genocide prevention, violence is the answer its kill or be killed, the cycle of hate and violence and war never ends

@deg
I completely disagree with your last statement, I don’t think snk is the opposite of Vinland saga in terms of criticizing violence.
Snk is also a story about how the cycle of violence is a vile thing, the only difference is that it leaves us with no hope that it will ever end, humanity will never learn and that is sad.
Part of the bittersweet feeling about the end is realizing that no matter what, people will just keep killing each other and the anime shows us how awful that is, so we need to enjoy the little things while we can.
Nov 5, 2023 8:10 AM
Oct 2023
what a fuking journey.....

why do i feel like a lot was skimmed through ?
Nov 5, 2023 8:12 AM
Mar 2023
all i can say is that it is peak fiction
Nov 5, 2023 8:12 AM
Jun 2022
FIRST OF ALL I CANT BELIVE IT ACTUALLY ENDED!!!... ATTACK ON TITAN!!!... after 10 YEARS has been FINISHED!!😭

How the hell people were yelling and giving hate to MANGA that this was a BAD ENDING ???????????
this was a MASTERPIECE , i got emotional many times i was ready to face Eren death i know he will die that was bound to happen the whole conversations between Armin , Eren , Mikasa was very touching , i dont think this was a bad ending at all
Mikasa never forgot about Eren until the day she died , i mean they even showed that she got married , then after many years she got OLD and then died wearing Eren Scarf it was very touching , they showed us that war will never end even after thousands and thousands of years people were fighting each other as it is in human nature to do so , the whole world was destroyed and reborn again
and then we saw someone going in to the tree and it is same as Ymir man.. ,demn , a whole full LOOP ,
FIGHTING WILL NEVER END until humans exist

Also A huge huge RESPECT to the WHOLE MAPPA TEAM (Animators , Sound Designers , Cinematographers , VFX+ CGI DEPARTMENT etc)
they really put everything into IT , The QUALITY AND THE CONSISTENSY OF ANIMATION was the BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN IN ANY OTHER ANIME , there months and months of HARDWORK was fully WORTH IT

Literally ONE OF THE BEST MASTERPIECES I HAVE EVER SEEN , from Starting to END
AOT is just AMAZING!!! Respect for Hajime Isayama Sensei 🫡🫡

REMEMBER TO RATE IT 10000/10 on IMDB and lets TAKE THE NUMBER 1 position from FMAB on My Anime List!!!
Nov 5, 2023 8:13 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Quequel
@deg
@Quequel take it from the author of vinland saga himself here
https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1704533377301586291
https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1690088613453959168
Nov 5, 2023 8:15 AM
May 2022
Reply to Adome
Guess Isayama needs to touch grass then because that's not the ending he was originally planning for his series at all.
@Adome What was he planning?
Nov 5, 2023 8:15 AM
Jan 2018
Masterpiece till the very end.
Nov 5, 2023 8:16 AM
Apr 2016
Ohmena said:
watsym said:
You’re saying he massacred humanity with titans, so no one else can do it. Seems illogical, but he is stupid after all

The real problem is that the author didn't show us how twisted Eren's mind has become since he kissed Historia's hand. It's a huge waste of potential if we don't see the impact of having your mind flooded with information from the past and future, at the same time that N futures in which you try to change something always result in the same tragedy.

Time travel works like Higurashi, Steins:Gate and even Suzumiya Haruhi's infamous Endless Eight do this very well. The problem with the scene where Eren calls himself an idiot is precisely that it didn't show to the viewer what he actually went through. It is a moment that becomes shallow because the work only speaks, but does not show anything.

That’s a very good point.
Nov 5, 2023 8:18 AM
Aug 2021
wayrandommaster said:
I need a clarification so i can start watching it. IS IT THE END OR THERE WILL BE MORE EPISODES?

yeah they nuked the island in the end
literally
Nov 5, 2023 8:19 AM

Sep 2011
Its really funny watching the score of this episode slowly climb from the people who just spammed 1's before the episode was subtitled. People really spent 3 years of their lives basing their entire personality around this being the worst ending ever only for it to mostly just work for people in spite of some wonky aspects.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 5, 2023 8:19 AM
May 2021
Ohmena said:
watsym said:

Higurashi is Masterpiece !
Nov 5, 2023 8:20 AM
Apr 2011
For years I have heard AoT ending is mega mega bad and why waste time continuing watching. Welp that ending was really not that bad, ive seen way worse. I can see why people would be mad but its nearly not as bad as people have made it out to seem all these years
Nov 5, 2023 8:21 AM

Dec 2022
I don't know what to say I am still trying to understand what happened anyway I understand the plot its simple yet so deep just a story of an idiot with too much power committing let's say self sacrifice then why am I so conflicted I don't if I am sad or happy its the same feeling I felt in death note and code geass but this time I am here to end it its a feeling of a master piece ending before you wanted to finish it but after finishing it you feel empty you have ruined the excitement but I have too that's why I am here though that's human nature we ruin the things we like without knowing it
Nov 5, 2023 8:22 AM
Mar 2023
gadarnath
gugga
sadal
marech
Nov 5, 2023 8:24 AM

Aug 2009
Amazing final episode and ending. I will miss this show for sure.
Nov 5, 2023 8:24 AM

Aug 2015
wasnt expecting another 1 hour and 24 min ep ngl.. but holy, wasnt expecting that much fight scenes either.
Nov 5, 2023 8:26 AM
Mar 2023
it is definitely a masterpiece <333
Nov 5, 2023 8:29 AM
Feb 2016
wayrandommaster said:
I need a clarification so i can start watching it. IS IT THE END OR THERE WILL BE MORE EPISODES?

It’s the End of the show
Nov 5, 2023 8:30 AM
Aug 2016
Reply to JizzyHitler
Its really funny watching the score of this episode slowly climb from the people who just spammed 1's before the episode was subtitled. People really spent 3 years of their lives basing their entire personality around this being the worst ending ever only for it to mostly just work for people in spite of some wonky aspects.
@JizzyHitler Lmao same. I am also patiently watching this until the 5 stars percentage goes all the way upto 70%. Would be fun to see the haters mald over people liking the ending KEKW
Pages (31) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » did eren died a...

removed-user - Aug 12

2 by asdewqw3erfgt »»
Aug 30, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1049 by DogeRangler »»
Aug 25, 9:40 PM

» Recap (?) Movie

tsubasalover - Aug 17

18 by thunderkitten13 »»
Aug 18, 8:42 AM

» One of the Ending’s Biggest Issues for Me (Spoiler Alert).

no_comparisonBM - Aug 1

43 by Anime_4_life227 »»
Aug 12, 2:04 AM

» WHO DOES MIKASA END UP WITH ?? ( 1 2 )

neel_senpai - Nov 5, 2023

82 by no_comparisonBM »»
Aug 10, 10:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.