Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 4, 2023 3:12 AM

May 2009
VRMMORPGshit anime anime like this really show that LNshit writers don't know anything about video games and gamers. Every time MC is only one that is actually good in class/job no one uses and discovers unpopular options like cooking or making potions in this episode.
Real gamers community would discover every small exploit and hidden properties of everything in popular game
Oct 4, 2023 5:00 AM
May 2023
this was really boring, honestly... oh well, in a way its good that there's a show I don't want to watch this season lol
Oct 4, 2023 5:46 AM
Jan 2023
This was entertaining, but very average. I guess we'll see where this show goes.
Oct 4, 2023 5:57 AM

Aug 2013
I read the manga for some part and that was quite enjoyable.

Seeing it animated does really scream "there are builds" though, e.g. archers and wind aren't an odd combination.

So far i'd say the manga tells the story better, but this first episode was quite nice. Looking forward to the next one.
Oct 4, 2023 8:06 AM
Jun 2023
I enjoyed the first episode of this anime.

I really enjooy the topic of MMO RPG, so it really caught my attention

I'm looking forwards for next week
Oct 4, 2023 8:31 AM
Dec 2014
Overall a pretty good episode.
Starts out like all the others, but succeeds in capturing the audience.
Oct 4, 2023 10:57 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to Hirugiku
It was fine, but some things disappointed me, took me out of immersion.

1) Food tasting, how? the VR helmet didn't look like it provided that feature, and I just fail to imagine how it can be done realistically.
2) Other players acting like NPCs. For example MC made food and they all acted like they never smelled anything that delicious. Dude just did the simplest dish xD
3) Milly and Zwei befriended him was too forced, like it didn't feel natural at all.
4) The antagonist that wore the gold armor was really, really bad.
5) He defeated the antagonist, while being a newbie in the game with a bow, while playing 3 hours a day. Unless like a month or more passed, I just can't find it believable. That guy in gold armor, looked like he played a lot more than him and was better equiped/leveled. Also MC picked mostly non-combat skills, and that guy surely took more combat skills than the MC, so how did he lose? and so one-sidedly too.

But there were some nice points, like
1)It's not an isekai, it's a game
2) Seeing him take off the helmet twice during the episode, confirms he at least took 2 breaks.
3) Rabbits give food and cloth upon death
4) Grinding for levels
5) Picking herbs, making medicine, items
6) He has a job and plays the game as a means of escaping
Hirugiku said:
5) He defeated the antagonist, while being a newbie in the game with a bow, while playing 3 hours a day. Unless like a month or more passed, I just can't find it believable. That guy in gold armor, looked like he played a lot more than him and was better equiped/leveled. Also MC picked mostly non-combat skills, and that guy surely took more combat skills than the MC, so how did he lose? and so one-sidedly too.

I bet the Golden Dickhead is a wallet warrior used to pushing newbies around using his flashy equipment instead of his skills. :P
Oct 4, 2023 11:56 PM

Jan 2023
Isekai but not really. I'm not the biggest isekai enjoyer (pseudo isekai in this case). I guess we'll see
死人に口なし
Oct 5, 2023 12:19 AM
Mar 2017
Trash show. Standard OP character. Will just be a show about him being OP and everyone watching him be OP. Maybe some of the adventures of him being OP will be fun but I dunno.. I'm really tired of it at this point.
Oct 5, 2023 9:20 AM
May 2017
I watched this anime on 1,75x speed because it wasn't even worth my time.
Oct 5, 2023 9:23 AM

Mar 2014
Nothing impressive but I guess enough to pass time... or not
Oct 5, 2023 1:53 PM
Nov 2017
Reply to bastek66
VRMMORPGshit anime anime like this really show that LNshit writers don't know anything about video games and gamers. Every time MC is only one that is actually good in class/job no one uses and discovers unpopular options like cooking or making potions in this episode.
Real gamers community would discover every small exploit and hidden properties of everything in popular game
@bastek66 hahaha after watched i remember reading the manga a while back there..

wait till he solo RAID EVENT BOSS and only him clear the event with bomb potion hahahaha... i only read that part though but i still remember it.

the manga is really booming back there in japan, that lot of japanese player tried solo the RAID BOSS using archer class in archeage server japan lol, ah the memory, its too funny that i still remember it clearly.
Oct 5, 2023 4:04 PM
Oct 2022
The best way I can describe this anime in lay man terms I would have to say it's as if someone played an audiobook of a 2010 manga. The first episode felt like a narration rather than the story play out and for us to grasp the concept without holding our hand. It feels straight out of 2010s when SAO was popular and there have been better adaptations of the VRMMO genre. Log Horizon, Overlord (technically), BOFURI I don't want to take damage so I'll buff my defense. Even Hack/Sign is better and that came out in 2002.

Overall I'll try my best to hang on to watch this show. but my expectations are bedrock levels right now. I'd say if you have literally NOTHING to watch then turn this one on and just switch off your brain.
Oct 5, 2023 4:06 PM
Jul 2016
Very boring concept, I can't help but think: Was there nothing else, that is worth getting an anime adaptation over this?
Oct 6, 2023 2:45 AM
Mar 2012
for game/isekai surprisingly alright. weird to go for all weak skills. still mostly tuned for support archer, could've gone full elf Legolas. usually devs keep rebalancing anyways.
lol that rabbit yell, and Zwei too.
vending machine sequel?
oh it turned into cooking show & crafting.
cute ED
Oct 6, 2023 6:12 AM
Mar 2009
Great start, much better than I thought it would be another one to the list for this season.
Oct 6, 2023 7:35 AM
Jul 2020
Maho Film's first non-isekai since If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord, but it's still technically fantasy.

It seems like the author of the source material has never touched an MMORPG, let alone any RPGs like Elder Scrolls. There's absolutely no way that a cooking skill wouldn't be popular. I guess if you're limited in your skill set, it wouldn't be picked AS much. However, just because archery or sneak are difficult to use, doesn't mean they wouldn't get picked. Even the most difficult of things in gaming are mastered by gamers.

If this were anything like a normal MMORPG, he more than likely wouldn't get harassed for having 'worse' skills. Idk why he would have to worry about not getting to play alone either; he can just refuse requests. I doubt other people would be that selfish as to get offended by it. MMORPGs should give players that freedom, if nothing else. If the goal was that he wanted to master unpopular skills and only do weird things that he likes to focus on, that would make 100x more sense. Yet, how he play is completely normal, but the angle the author wants to present is the opposite. It's very strange.

Instead of making him a loner though, the show makes him the center of attention. He has to create potions for the entire server (or at least the hub city), because the NPCs stop selling them, with apparently no other way to get them. Why? The devs would get huge complaints. And you're telling me NO ONE else picked potion making? Really? Come on.

The designs and animation is cute ig, I don't expect this to be flashy like Shangri-La Frontier. Very similar to the studio's past work; they rotate the same staff between every show, pretty much.

Besides the contrived nature of this show, I do enjoy the chill vibe. It's almost slice-of-life. I didn't like how they tried to force Milly and Zwei into liking him, but as long as it doesn't force anything dramatic, I think this could be a comfortable watch. Nothing crazy, just average. I'll give it 3 episodes.

Oct 6, 2023 9:17 AM
Mar 2014
Pretty good, but I have mixed feelings.

They actually improved the manga version a little bit, but at the same time they skipped quite a bit of content from the manga.

Lets see how far the anime manages to cover from the manga without skipping too much.
Oct 6, 2023 10:16 AM
Aug 2020
It was definitely one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life
Oct 6, 2023 4:50 PM
Apr 2023
Nice cozy low stakes episode
Oct 7, 2023 1:16 AM

Jun 2010
Good concept of not following the meta/cookie cutter character but (probably going to) still be OP in the end. Not the best VRMMO anime but wasn't bad either. Mid tier and worth a watch.

Oct 8, 2023 6:50 AM

Jun 2015
That kick skill defo come in useful. Crafting skills for sure!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 8, 2023 12:54 PM
Nov 2022
very disappointing. i don't have high hope to begin with but it still pissed me off.
tisiwwoodFeb 14, 1:28 PM
Oct 9, 2023 11:05 PM
Apr 2023
Initial impression is that this is will be a very good no-need-to-think anime.

This will be a pretty nice addition to this anime as long as you don't expect too much from it.
Oct 10, 2023 10:29 AM

Jan 2021
This anime might quickly lose whatever it sets off to achieve.

Like, the MC tells you that he loves to be unnoticed and has the builds that tend not to be taken seriously. So, this anime takes that and makes him and his bland way of doing things highly tuned.

I'll stick around for a few more episodes.
Oct 10, 2023 1:19 PM
Mar 2018
1.boring
2.contradict within itself
Oct 15, 2023 8:18 PM

Jan 2021
It really does seem like Bofuri but with a male, which sounds like a recipe for failure but this was surprisingly decent. The way he kicked that rabbit into orbit and then beat the gold guy, pretty cool. Kind of ironic he's playing this to relax after work but now it's a second job with him having to make steaks and potions for everyone.
Oct 15, 2023 10:09 PM
Apr 2023
Protagonista chato
Oct 19, 2023 8:51 AM

Aug 2019
Wasn't that interesting really but I'll stick around for a bit. I don't care much for the fighting and there probably won't be much to look forward to but idk I'll keep watching for now
Oct 20, 2023 4:23 AM
Mar 2023
A quiet, non-isekai story about a guy playing video games, nice, but not what I'm looking for this season
Oct 25, 2023 2:06 PM
Mar 2023
Finally, another anime that understands that the most broken characters in MMOs are not the ones with the best skills or the most striking, but rather the ones who are capable of making the things that everyone uses in such a good way that they make that everyone depends on them. I will definitely follow this premiere to the minute, 10/10.
PS: If you like stories of this style, there is a manwha on air called "Overgeared" totally recommended.
Dec 9, 2023 12:54 AM
Jun 2023
Quite good Pretty good but the quality is a bit lacking
Dec 18, 2023 1:25 PM
Dec 2023
nothing outstanding
Dec 18, 2023 8:13 PM
Apr 2021
redcobra said:
hmmmmmmmmmmmm im the only one here thinking mc character build is................

sneak, Bow critical hit, cooking & potions making.

ah This guy roleplaying Skyrim In MMO RPG.

if you guys playing skyrim you know how bullshit Long range Sneak Critical build is,

also a bonus "less accurate bow at leve l 1 just put cheery on top extremely relate able at skyrim when you are first time using a bow".

Lmao.

Just started and I thought the same thing. Broken Skyrim build lmao
Dec 25, 2023 12:59 AM
Oct 2017
Feels like I made a mistake, in the first 2min the narrator said some pretty dumb things off the rip. Nm, nothing else to do except let this show disrespect my time.
Dec 31, 2023 5:37 AM
Dec 2021
I can tell its inspired by SAO but I like some of the original elements - taking all the weak skills feels refreshing :p
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2023

116 by Ancerise »»
May 3, 7:06 AM

Poll: » Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2023

24 by wildhood »»
Apr 28, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2023

29 by jeffersondkid »»
Jan 12, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2023

24 by Magito »»
Jan 10, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

27 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jan 10, 8:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.