Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Jun 24, 2023 7:22 PM

Aug 2019
I wish I didn't get spoiled on that last scene since this whole episode I was dreading getting to that part
Jun 25, 2023 2:59 AM
Mar 2022
I am horrified to trust.
Jun 25, 2023 5:39 AM
Apr 2023
1/10 episode, very dirty and mysogrenic
Jun 26, 2023 1:49 AM

Apr 2013
Well, that was certainly an event that occurred right there.
Jun 26, 2023 5:49 AM
May 2022
Even though it was disturbing at the end kept me on the edge of my seat
Jun 26, 2023 9:58 AM

Dec 2020
I mean the episode was good but uncomfortable. But out of all things that could've happened, Kiruko gets raped in the 12th episode.
niookookjoJun 26, 2023 11:06 AM
Jun 26, 2023 12:05 PM
May 2020
Trigger warning to high heaven on this one bloody heck
Jun 26, 2023 12:14 PM

Jan 2021
What in the f*** have I gotten into here....
Jun 26, 2023 12:23 PM
Dec 2022
kill yourself robin
Jun 27, 2023 11:35 AM

Nov 2021
The hell man it hurts 😭😭😭😭
Why man why ..... Robin is the most trashy character I ever seen

Anime List
Manga List
Blog Posts
Jun 28, 2023 12:44 AM
Oct 2019
jesus fcking christ
Jun 28, 2023 2:19 AM

Jul 2021
This episode ruined the whole series for me
Jun 29, 2023 1:40 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All changed in a few seconds, inside and outside, but Kiruko situation is bizarre!!! kekeke
Jun 29, 2023 7:41 AM

Dec 2008
Onee - chan!
You don't want your first time to be like that, uhhhh omg. 
Robin obsessed with him/her looking at the mirror while being abused was just sick, 
rape is one bad thing but dude what is seriously wrong with you?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2023 7:48 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dang fuck they fucked. After all the time searching up, doing some bad shit, that's how Kiru ended up? Better just minding with Maru, right? Talk about the bad end there smh.

But anyway forget about their shit scene, look at how Mimihime mesmerizing the beauty of the outside scenery. Shiro was also there which undoubtedly completing the wild theory about Usami and the poor girl from several episode before. Tho theres still huge question regarding the whole incident. Hopefully the director really caught on the collapse and stay death. But seriously, what the heck is the Spear of Heaven? What's goin on with Myna? Smh. No clue till you read the source, eh? Fine. Whatever, i'll finish this and try creating a spare time to peek the source. If i have the mood...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 29, 2023 11:44 PM
Nov 2009
Dang, what a downer this episode was. Right up until that scene I would have called this a fantastic show. We could have learned Robin wasn't the person we thought was in a million other ways that didn't involve a totally unnecessary sexual assault/rape scene. Sad to hear the manga was more explicit, my desire to read it while waiting for season 2 to drop just flew out the window.
Jun 30, 2023 12:51 AM
Aug 2022
I feel so hurt. she getting raped , Man!!! that censorship actually making this more disturbing.
I'm losing my mind , I'm not immune to girls & watching them getting defiled.
seriously I hope I'll forget this ending as soon as possible.
someone erase my memory
Jun 30, 2023 10:20 AM
Sep 2022
Bro this episode is trash
Jun 30, 2023 4:56 PM
Dec 2014
Noir_Alchemist said:
SentiOnikawa said:
Anyone who is like "oh, wow, this came out of nowhere" when a handful of episodes ago Kiruko said something along the lines of not liking Haruki spending so much time with Robin. She clearly knew something about the dude but didn't want to upset her brother. It's likely that Robin had raped someone in their town prior and because he was such a local idol, it was swept under the rug. If Kiruko found out despite that, of course she would warn her brother in a subtle way, but wouldn't really say anything specific.

That said, yeah, the scene is jarring af because all signs up to this point implied any misgivings were just red herrings. That, or it could turn out that Robin is actually the doctor and shenanigans happened. That wouldn't really absolve the scene of any discomfort, but it would at least make it more tolerable to know that the guy everyone suspected of being the piece of trash turned out to be a body-swapping piece of trash.

Also, for anyone trying to justify the scene as "Hiruko wanting it" or otherwise, I would suggest you do some light reading on sexual predators. It's a well-documented fact that predators will often behave in a manner that enables a victim to trust them. When they do spring their trap, the victim is in shock. This means that the brain is trying to connect dots that don't normally connect together because the behavior is so disconnected from what our minds are used to. Someone putting on a shallow front to scam us is obvious because our minds can pick apart small inconsistencies. But, someone who pretends to love and respect us long-term and hasn't displayed any noticeable inconsistencies? It's almost impossible to figure out how we got from point A to point B in that situation.

Hiruko is in shock and can't process it. Afterwards, they might relapse and convince themselves that they wanted it because the brain is trying to cope at that point. It needs to fall back on a line of reasoning that makes sense in that situation. "I didn't resist because I enjoyed it." It's easy to fall into that trap and adopt a behavior that promotes it. That doesn't preclude that Hiruko enjoyed it. It means as a way of dealing with the situation, her mind convinced itself that such was the case.

And anyone who sees rape in media and says "meh, it's a narrative device" is missing the point.Yes, it is a narrative device. It is also a means to convey information to the reader/viewer. In this context, something was off with Robin to the point that Kiruko tried to warn her brother. Now, we see that come full circle. Heck, Robin was just off in general from the get-go, yet we as the viewer couldn't really connect the dots. Nothing about him seemed inconsistent enough to figure it out. The scene basically presents why our guts were rumbling when Robin was on-screen. And once again, a predator isn't going to do anything that outright triggers alarm bells in someone's mind. Any inconsistencies are ticks and any odd behavior can be excused. It should be both shocking and extremely uncomfortable Kiruko and the audience.

I honestly think Heavenly Delusion has just done some amazing work in presenting its themes thus far. The idea that someone we are close to could be so deranged is a very real and scary concept on its own. If you read a bit into it, too, Kiruko's personality and who they think they are could be considered either a means for someone to handle trauma or even a subtle dialogue on transgenderism. I know the story is making it fairly obvious that Haruki is inside Kiruko's head, but it's still neat that however intentional or not the story isn't afraid to briefly touch on both those themes.

Wow thank You, FINALLY someone who bring these two topic matueely enought, when i read this in the manga i was so disgusted but for some reason i wanted tomlook at this more tan only fanservice or just shock device... I also thought of the idea of what is for this specific character to handle what he is yet this is barely a point of Focus AGAIN in the manga which make me hate Mangaka a little, i don't like explicit rape scenesin any media, You can show same messsge with just more sutil not graphic imagery

I tore someone open in another thread for asking a bunch of stupid questions regarding Kiruko's actions and Maru's with respect to the scene, and got a bit vitriolic. I think there is a legitimate dialogue to be had with people who try to understanding the media they are taking in. I think those people should be addressed respectfully and in a civil manner. I think people who actively present ignorance and reject what is even a basic thing are the problem with modern media, though. More complex storytelling with more intelligent writing should be the norm by now, not something we praise others for managing to do. I think the mangaka and even studio staff have done a wonderful job with their ability to show their story while keeping the more cringe-inducing stuff to a minimum.

Heavenly Delusion knows its setting and narrative. It knows the story it wants to tell. The rape scene is our indicator that Robin will build a foundation of trust with others to serve his own desires. Why? Because people like Robin don't care about others beyond what they can do for him. Sociopaths can blend into society so effectively because they study their victims and the people around them and learn how to best integrate. The rape scene depicts a facet of the kind of evil Robin is capable of perpetrating unto others. In this instance, he felt rapey. It's a hard scene to digest, but it does an amazing job in telling the viewer what they need to know.
"Thorkell has no resistance to getting kicked in the f-in head. To be honest, neither do I." -Captain Mack

"You've faced many life-and-death situations. But that does not make you an adult. Finding more fallen-out hairs on your pillow, watching your favorite stuffed-bread disappear from the convenience store... the accumulation of those little despairs is what makes a person an adult."-Nanami Kento

"When a piece of media is bad, it's much easier to nitpick the less significant things because they're seen as a part of the problem. Alternatively, it becomes more difficult to nitpick something like a masterpiece because even the flaws are seen as contributing to the overall quality of the media." -Paraphrasing Mauler
Jul 1, 2023 6:53 AM

Jul 2015
That was messed up there at the end with the person who Haruki idolised and looked up and after all these years searching finally reunited with turned out to be such a scumbag.

Jul 1, 2023 12:16 PM

May 2022
I hate Robin with all my energies.

Is it just me or it looks like Robin tried something with Kiruko in the past?
Jul 3, 2023 10:14 PM

May 2015
Lil bro got r@ped by the person he looked up to. Robin probably hated Kiruko or something, I hope there's a reason for his actions other than just being horny and evil.
Jul 6, 2023 1:12 AM

Apr 2022
the fuck you doing rob
Jul 6, 2023 1:41 PM
Jun 2022
My episode 12 is missing on hulu. Is this happening to anyone else?
Jul 6, 2023 6:35 PM
Aug 2020
To me just a disturbing episode, i really fell uncomfortable watching this I really don't liked the way that the show treated the Robin part was very bad, this really took me out of the kids episode part and just made me hate so much this one part
Jul 6, 2023 11:13 PM
Mar 2015
Usc-34 said:
My episode 12 is missing on hulu. Is this happening to anyone else?
this happened to me too for sale me reason it's replaced with the English dub
Jul 9, 2023 2:54 PM

Apr 2021
iloathesasuke said:
The story is all over the place as it is, but pedo and trans undertones are disgusting in this show.
Mmm, mixing trans and pedophilia in the same sentence? A way to show your good taste I guess.
Well, if you have difficulties handling difficult topics, you should watch Naruto instead of Seinen stories.
Jul 9, 2023 10:25 PM

Dec 2009
What the fuck is wrong with this show?????????? It had a near perfect plot for me..... but why is it so obsessed with sexual assault. This ep ruined the whole show imo.
thedryness said:
Man. I feel like the whole rape scene is just so unnecessary. It doesn't do anything for the story or character arcs. It's not really foreshadowed or hinted at all in the flashbacks. Feels like it's just thrown in as a twist for shock value.

Like if you're going to include a graphic rape scene it better be justified by the story or characters, and i feel like it just isn't here. It's just like surprise! The guy kiruko looked up to rapes them as soon as they find him. But what does it teach us about Robin and kiruko? Noooot much. And all it really does for the story is... "well I guess we're not looking for Robin anymore"...

this tbh.
krissatielJul 9, 2023 10:46 PM

K R I S S
leo | usa | istp
dystopias, bright colors, unique animation

Jul 11, 2023 1:12 PM
Feb 2017
People who are mad a r scene is "disturbing" are fk up in their own way. You either show this as something very bad or you don't.

Jul 12, 2023 11:40 AM
May 2016
Tbh it didn't come as a surprise because i already got spoiled. But it didn't reduce how disturbing this episode is... Its 1:40 am but i can't sleep because im uncomfortable asf
Jul 16, 2023 6:40 AM
May 2020
A crude episode, where several pearls and many details have left us. Not everything ends up being as you imagine, and that disgusting man is a true monster. The detail of the gender box has been good to understand the mental chaos that Kiruko has. Very good detail. Mimihime looking at the sky :´(
Jul 19, 2023 2:47 PM
Oct 2016
Not sure why they had to end it like that but somehow it is fitting?
Jul 23, 2023 6:57 PM
Jan 2022
The ending of this episode made me sick to my stomach.
Jul 27, 2023 9:05 AM

May 2016
When Robin expression changed even before making that face you could clearly see he was about to do something ugly, man I feel so fkn bad for Haruki.
Jul 28, 2023 12:39 AM

Mar 2019
knew robin was bad news but it still makes me sad
Jul 29, 2023 9:58 PM

Jun 2007
Anyone who calls the rape scene "NTR" needs to go to their mother and ask her to smack them in the head with a frying pan.
Aug 2, 2023 7:37 AM
Apr 2023
Why did they have to do that
:C
Aug 3, 2023 10:32 PM

May 2012
bruh... but like, why tho
Aug 4, 2023 12:22 PM
Aug 2021
Bruh wat this robin be doing
Aug 5, 2023 11:15 AM
Oct 2021
i had never seen a scene that would make me so uncomfortable and bad D:
Aug 8, 2023 1:22 PM
Jun 2014
Tyon said:
Anyone who calls the rape scene "NTR" needs to go to their mother and ask her to smack them in the head with a frying pan.

Hmm, it was kinda NTR and it was not at the same time. Guy MC loves this girl/boy whatever. She runs into the arms of this guy which can constitute to NTR where the crush actually loves another. NTR isn't just mindbreak sex etc. The rape was just rape though, not NTR afaik. 
Aug 9, 2023 3:20 PM
Nov 2017
Didn't read the manga before watching, feels bad man ):
Aug 12, 2023 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
People really look too much into "why" R*** thing was done. Mangaka is just a pervert with his own r*** fetishes, there's no more to it.
Yes he can draw and write a story, but he also can ruin it. Remember usagi drop and second half the manga what happened?
Is this anime will get S2, expect more things like these. New heroines will come and it'll show how they're r*** by some old dudes...
Yes, there's talent in this work, but r*** wasn't just done for the plot. It's mangaka fetish that proceeds to happen throughout entire work. Mix of r*** and NTR. Kind of lost interest in this work, and I liked the story/characters/art until mangaka fetishes started happening throughout the story for whatever reason.
You think this was bad, wait till it shows younger children enjoying r***... F hell
I knew something was weird once it showed sexualized academy, but this work really takes a turn to the dark side.
removed-userAug 12, 2023 6:55 PM
Aug 13, 2023 11:10 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Holy shit this show is so unhinged.
You be waiting to meet this mf from episode one and then he rails you while making you feel like in thirdperson.
Aug 14, 2023 5:11 AM

Jan 2013
tbf he/she kinda deserved it.
Aug 20, 2023 5:48 AM

Apr 2020
I'm unfortunately very late watching this Anime but... Dang! What a ride that was!

I feel a bit silly for not realizing one of the twist earlier than I did
when in hindsight, there was a generous amount of clues during that episode. But do feel good getting the timeline of events.

I like how interesting this season has been even though it was mostly still just setting things up like lore, world-building, characters, future obstacles, etc..

Definitely looking forward for the next season. Hopefully, the story-telling quality doesn't drop.
Aug 22, 2023 12:40 PM

Jan 2021
I expected Robin to be a weirdo but this is disgusting
Aug 22, 2023 9:25 PM

May 2010
Probably my anime of the year. Top to bottom perfect. My only complaint is I want more. Season 2 when?
Aug 24, 2023 3:31 PM

Aug 2014
The second/third good episode of this anime ;o
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 26, 2023 10:56 PM
Mar 2023
ROBINS A FUCKING CREEEEEEP NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HIS ASS IS A RAPIST
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

478 by BillSpyro »»
Oct 10, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2023

133 by Nia-same »»
Oct 2, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

342 by Protokin »»
Oct 2, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2023

180 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Sep 28, 11:29 PM

Poll: » What would you do if your waifu told you she is like Kiruko? [SPOILER]

Zarutaku - Feb 11

26 by Zarutaku »»
Sep 22, 11:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.