Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2023 12:38 PM

Jan 2009
FrozenRaider said:
So how Nezuko beat the Sun? If that was explained in later chapters you can spoil me I dont mind.

Jun 18, 2023 12:38 PM
Jan 2022
While I still believe this has been Demon Slayer’s weakest season, the finale of the Swordsmith Village arc absolutely delivered. It was action-packed and surprisingly emotional and I can’t wait for what comes next!
Jun 18, 2023 12:39 PM
Jan 2021
definitely didn't cry, i swear
Jun 18, 2023 12:39 PM

Jan 2019
Mid anime
Mid episode
G.O.A.T Twitter Account: https://x.com/Okeanix1
Jun 18, 2023 12:40 PM
Jan 2020
I knew the creator didn't have the balls to actually go through with it.
1st rule of anime, until you see a character die (which includes their eyes phasing to white, sad music, no sound from the character, their body going limp, and the screen turning gray) always assume they're still alive no matter how fatal the wound. Main reason Akame Ga Kill is one of the best anime ever made, people actually die in that show.

The most interesting development is that perhaps Tanjiro might be able to use every style of breathing technique. Considering he was able to use Thunder Breathing only by understanding the fundamentals, he might be able to learn other styles as well.

Overall good season, same as the rest.
Jun 18, 2023 12:43 PM
Jul 2015
Huge W. Got me very emotional. 10/10
Thank you Ufotable and everyone involved.
Jun 18, 2023 12:43 PM

Jul 2011
That was dramatic.

Nezuko conquering the sun was the perfect example of how to use plot armor properly. I loved it and made this arc more awesome than the others.

Tanjiro reading Tamayo's letter "Wow! Kinda late. *Staring Nezuko running around under the sun*

Michael Jackson got karma for killing the doctor.

Is even meaningful the blindfold thing? Like, 2 Upper Moons just were there. And looks like Muzan was had an Eye of Thundera on Nezuko.
Jun 18, 2023 12:46 PM
Oct 2021
Adorrreeeeeei !!!!!!!
Jun 18, 2023 12:47 PM
Apr 2020
cried and laughed very great
Jun 18, 2023 12:50 PM

Jan 2021
Did crunchyroll actually crash. I don't use it but I have been hearing a lot about it.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Feb 2020
Pillsbury_Uchiha said:
just a lil bit of plot armor
don't worry in the only few left, im not gonna say who... Soo lets wait together.
Jun 2022
just vucimg perfekt
Jun 18, 2023 12:51 PM
Oct 2021
I think they did a pretty good job with this episode, and it feels like the feeling of action and hype surrounding the last scene with nezuko and all that was perfectly animated. In this regard I think ufotable really did a good job , as always. The Muzan flashback had a few scenes not in the manga, which was great too and overall this was clearly the best episode of the season. Not going to complain about the demon slayer writing which is rather average and yet the anime has been rather enjoyable to watch , although this arc did get kinda boring. Hoping ufotable keeps up the good work for season 4. Will see all you guys in about 2 years then :)
Jun 18, 2023 12:51 PM
Jul 2021
this episode… ITS TOO GOOD OMG
Jun 18, 2023 12:54 PM

May 2016
It's one of those I'll continue watching, purely because it's awe inspiring on a technical level, and I'm a sucker for it. Especially the colorwork, they got to show off in high contrast brightness and it looks unbelievable.

As for the story, well, can't say I care much at this point, and there's so much fluff, the arc could've been finished in half the runtime, and be better for it.

Most importantly, you do not put in a sad montage with an insert song for a character that isn't actually going to die. It was so long and sappy, I almost believed they had the balls to kill her off.
Jun 18, 2023 12:55 PM
Dec 2021
I love it .Such a masterpice .
Jun 2022
fucking masterpiece
Dec 2015
Well that's it.
This season was a bit wonky at times (lack of demon backstory, weird pacing, weird decisions..) but as a whole I still liked it.
Cgi and effects were very nice, animation top notch, music and sounds were downright amazing... And that last episode hit right in the feels quite a few times.

Thanks ufotable.. !!

See you in S4 guys !
Jun 18, 2023 12:56 PM

Oct 2009
WELL. As expected... lots of padding and a few asspulls here and there, this might well have been two regular episodes. Nothing special to see here, move along, folks - don't forget your tinfoil hats blindfolds and noseplugs.

futuretechfreak said:
wasn't it supposed to be 70 mins but in actual it's 52 mins wtf!
70min slot in the programming, the english tweet/translation kinda obfuscated that. Considering commercials and all, this was expected - actually more like 48min even, the rest is just the end credits.
Jun 18, 2023 12:56 PM
Jan 2017
I usually almost never comment on anime, but man this final episode was such a rollercoaster of emotions. First it had me cheering, then crying, then laughing. What a great season. I gave it a 9/10 just because of this final epsiode. I can't wait for season 4.
Jun 18, 2023 12:58 PM

Apr 2023
I feel that this last episode captures the essence of the whole season perfectly, if you love this episode you probably loved the season, if you think this was just fine, u probably think the whole season was just fine.
For me, it was the second one. I didn't feel any sort of connection or interest in the new characters, fights were not as exciting ( I heard Mitsuri's fight was supposed to be the highlight of the season, they didn't show anything)and the plot was almost non-existent. Despite all that, I think the season wasn't bad, obviously it didn't top the previous one imo, but still somehow it was entertaining.
I loved episode 8, personally one of my favorite KnY episodes.
Pro tip if you're not a huge fan of the series, don't fall for the hype, you'll find yourself enjoying the series a little bit more!

This season: 6/10.
Not the best, but enjoyable regardless.
LysaredJun 18, 2023 1:07 PM
Jun 18, 2023 1:01 PM
Mar 2023
deg said:
FrozenRaider said:
So how Nezuko beat the Sun? If that was explained in later chapters you can spoil me I dont mind.

it's just a convenient plot hole nothing New
Jun 18, 2023 1:04 PM
Oct 2021
nice ending to the first half tbh i did wish there was more faster pacing in the middle but other than that a pretty decent feature to the season
Jun 18, 2023 1:04 PM

Sep 2019
I had a feeling this episode wouldn't need to be so long and I was right. Very very bloated with flashbacks and unnecessary dialogue. Don't get the concept of showing the demons backstory right at the end with no build up to his character. Maybe the author should take notes from the vinland saga creator because that guy knows how to develop and handle characters. Only thing of worth was Muzan's scenes, the show really kicks into another gear whenever he appears on screen which is why I'm still excited for the so called infinity castle arc that manga readers talk about. Hopefully that will make going through this lacklustre season worth it
Jun 18, 2023 1:06 PM
Nov 2021
best till now nezuuko lobe
Jun 18, 2023 1:13 PM

Mar 2016
While a tease to not see the new sword fully completed, it'll be something to look forward to at the start of the next arc. They're going to have to be really careful with the pacing going forward regarding action and backstory/lore. While I enjoy finding out all the details regarding what was happening, the scene with Muzan gives the feeling that Tanjiro won't be getting much in the way of rest going forward as Nezuko is hunted down.

Really appreciate it when studios are able to make key moments carry weight even if you're already partially aware of them (thanks to loose lipped manga trolls in the comments of anime posts =_=).
Jun 18, 2023 1:17 PM
Feb 2020
worst season.
but this episode was beautiful, especially nezuko. once again I don't understand how mitsuri is ahead of rengoku and uzui in the hashira ranking, she just doesn't did nothing in this fight, enough to be shameful as she was almost dying if tanjiro didn't cut off the oni's head.
at the end of the episode i could see haganezuka smiling even though he was wearing a mask.
Jun 18, 2023 1:17 PM
Jul 2021
Not the biggest fan of this season. Upper 5 was extremely underwhelming , the comedy was just awful as always, they shouldn't even bother doing that at this point.
Didn't care much about the two hashiara's either but this final ep was kinda good
5/10
Jun 18, 2023 1:21 PM
Jan 2013
S1: 7/10, Mugen Train: 7.5/10, Entertainment District: 8.5/10, Swordsmith Village: 5/10. Weak season. Praying the next next arc delivers.
Jun 18, 2023 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
Man, they did it, they got me emotional and teared up a bit at the first half, you can't just have the siblings suffer like that after what seemed like the final stretch, I was fully expecting Nezuko to be able to stay in the sun but as time went by I started doubting and doubting haha.

Unlike what seemed everyone else I had a great time from beginning to end this season, I liked a lot the two pillars, Muichiro now being a bit of a jokester / smug guy and Mitsuri is too dreamy. The upper moons were a bit of a pushovers but it makes sense, they are too gimmicky to be defeated by previous slayers, Gyokko died because of his arrogance and if it weren't for Tanjirou's previous experience with Gyutaro and Daki and specially his sense of smell I can't see how could any other person be able to defeat Hantengu.

Now what was a complete swing and a miss for me were the OP and ED, never ended up liking either of them, I hope the chose better next time. Looking forward to what's next in the series.
Jun 18, 2023 1:22 PM
Mar 2021
THIS EPISODE WAS A MASTERPIECE. 13/10
Jun 18, 2023 1:23 PM

Aug 2015
Weakest arc of the series. Glad it's over. Episode was just ok.
Jun 18, 2023 1:23 PM

Dec 2011
Hantengu has to be the most annoying ass demon on the planet, this dude was pulling an AoT type milking with his death bruh
like atp i legit felt zero sympathy for his backstory lmao
Jun 18, 2023 1:25 PM
Feb 2023
Just awesome, the best 52 minutes of the season
Jun 18, 2023 1:30 PM

May 2015
Phosphophyllita said:
Please read my signature and don't bother me, please.

Perhaps this has been the worst episode of an anime I've seen in years. As always, Tanjirou learns something by using his ass. I think this anime's modus operandi is just that: first introducing something (which is always an asspull) and then using a 20-second flashback to justify something completely new happening. It's a deconstruction of battle shounen in its purest form.
Where did Kanroji's fight with number 4 go? Last episode ended and it seemed like they would show her fight in this one. Did she awaken that mark (which is also an asspull) in vain? Did we really need 20 minutes of Tanjirou and his friends chasing that demon? Did we need 3 minutes of Tanjirou and Nezuko scenes when Nezuko would remain alive anyway? Kanroji had less screen time than the burly blacksmith and the child blacksmith, simply unbelievable.
Nezuko conquered the sun because the plot needed it now, but you see, there's this expository dialogue here trying to explain something.
The only positive aspect of this season was Kanroji being incredibly hot; the rest can be thrown in the trash because it doesn't salvage anything.

PS: Foreshadowing is not character or narrative development. Foreshadowing should be used to provide small hints now about something important in the future. The mark that the Mist Boy and Kanroji awakened is already important now, it's not foreshadowing, it's just the laziness of an incompetent writer.
1 the mark is there since season 1
2 breath of the sun is the base of every other breath styles
3 that concentration technique tanjiro used to see the inner of hantengu is a part of a skill he already used in season 2 against daki when he saw her attacks in slow motion, he's not the only one to have it
4 awakening the mark has a cost
5 you like genshin impact
nanashi796Jun 18, 2023 2:26 PM
Jun 18, 2023 1:33 PM
Oct 2013
I really struggled to not cry but i couldn't.. it's episode 19 all over again..
Jun 18, 2023 1:33 PM
Mar 2023
Asakurabaka said:
Hantengu has to be the most annoying ass demon on the planet, this dude was pulling an AoT type milking with his death bruh
like atp i legit felt zero sympathy for his backstory lmao
AOT ????
You mean the part 1-2-3 ?
It's because of the production is super difficult with thousands of Titans to animate 🔥
Jun 18, 2023 1:37 PM
Apr 2020
Maybe one of the greatest anime episodes of ALL TIME. I probably need medical help after the emotions this episode created for me. From the first to the last minute I had about 220 hbpm! (The animation was perfect btw)
Jun 18, 2023 1:39 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, I really liked this season!

10/10
 ________  ____    ____ .__   __.      ___      .______     _______. _______ 
|       /  \   \  /   / |  \ |  |     /   \     |   _  \   /       ||   ____|
`---/  /    \   \/   /  |   \|  |    /  ^  \    |  |_)  | |   (----`|  |__   
   /  /      \_    _/   |  . `  |   /  /_\  \   |   ___/   \   \    |   __|  
  /  /----.    |  |     |  |\   |  /  _____  \  |  |   .----)   |   |  |____ 
 /________|    |__|     |__| \__| /__/     \__\ | _|   |_______/    |_______|

Jun 18, 2023 1:40 PM

Oct 2015
As always, ufotable never disapoints with the animation. The whole chapter was a blessing to watch, from the starting point to the end of it. Seriousñy ufotable knows what to do to make a story memorable.

Jun 18, 2023 1:41 PM
May 2023
The best episode of this arc. Incredible writing, awesome action, beautiful animation and a fantastic ending. Now we wait for the next arc!
Jun 18, 2023 1:43 PM
Dec 2014
This episode nicely tied-up the season together. I was at a brink of shading a tear. It really got me, I though Nezuko was going to die and I was starting to accept this fact when it all turned over. Still the big cheering at the end felt weird a bit, after all it weren't Tanjiro alone who defended the village, without the others he would have done nothing really. Anyway that was rather good season. I am looking to next, when we finally see how Muzan is going to take action.
Jun 18, 2023 1:43 PM
May 2021
Nice ending to this arc!! Aww seeing Nezuko speak!! Was soo nice in the manga!
Jun 18, 2023 1:45 PM
Jun 2021
W episode all around
Jun 18, 2023 1:45 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Funny thing why should we feel sorry for a demon thats killed hundreds. You being small and cowardy doesn't change a thing. Tokito did well to last as long as he did. The choice that Tanjiro was presented with sure was a cruel one. Despite the pain Nezuko made the best choice. Even before becoming a demon he was a compulsive liar. In the end he got what he deserved. Nezuko sure had one hell of a miracle though. After not speaking for so long she's got a lot to relearn. Muzan sure made one hell of a splash into the narrative. The insight into his origins was pretty interesting. Im glad that in the end none of the team were killed. Hope that Tamayo's prediction turns out to be true. The villagers display of gratitude really was heartwarming. Overall an excellent ep that managed to end the season on a high note though with some surprising twists along the way. Season wise while it didn't have quite the same impact as the last season whether in terms of stakes or characters the studio did its very best in this adaptation.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2023 1:50 PM

Jan 2017
so if tanjiro was able to slash one of the moon demons, does that mean he becomes a hashira? in my memory thats how you become one, right? would be about time for him😁
Jun 18, 2023 1:51 PM
Sep 2022
One of the best ending I've seen in anime
Jun 18, 2023 1:56 PM

Jul 2021
7/10. Weakest season so far, Muzan's backstory is so retarded
Jun 18, 2023 1:56 PM
Aug 2016
I thought the final episode was going to be around 70 mins?
Jun 18, 2023 1:57 PM

Apr 2015
Damn, didn't expect this twist in the plot

Real nice season
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why do people consider Gyokko and Hantengu weak?

Phantom_373 - Jul 22

1 by Sworld30 »»
Jul 25, 1:09 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2023

269 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 17, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 28, 2023

277 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 12, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2023

224 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 12, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Katanakaji no Sato-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2023

232 by CutieAnshin »»
Jul 12, 6:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.