Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: An Explosion on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2023 11:42 AM
May 2021
Explosion sir!!!
Apr 5, 2023 11:47 AM
Oct 2014
I absolutely love Megumin and YunYun so I am all for this prequel anime , and like everyone here ill take anything Konosuba related , I wonder tho with this coming out spring 2023 will we get the 3rd season of Konosuba say like summer or even fall of this year , or will we possibly see the 3rd season early next year? Idm one bit I'll wait as long as need be
Apr 5, 2023 11:49 AM
Oct 2021
i haven’t seen previous seasons but stumbled upon this and already liking it. although i don’t know any backstory it’s very easy to follow n pleasing to watch :)
Apr 5, 2023 11:51 AM
Aug 2022
I came into episode 1 with the lowest expectations after looking into Studio Drive's catalog, and my god my expectations were completely blown out of the water and now im hyped as hell for the rest of the series.
Apr 5, 2023 11:55 AM
Jul 2014
i saw that eye patch on the other girl and my heart sank. now im just wondering how tragic the climax will be as this ealier megumin is nothing like the megumin we know of today. either way nothing good can come of the plot points covered this episode being
1. the release of two extremely powerful entities.
2. her parents nonchalant agreement or "contract" with a highly probable demon
3. the differences in megumin's character (Arue's eyepatch and the hex under it, Arue's chunnibiyo character trait to be later inherited)
Apr 5, 2023 11:55 AM

Feb 2021
A Megumin masterpiece, you love to see it.

Megumin sounded like Tomo for a moment there lmao
Apr 5, 2023 11:57 AM

Jun 2012
Dear god, why did they handed this to Studio Drive? They've given one of the most beloved anime series to an inexpereinced team with only 6 ot 7 anime produced since 2015 to show for it. They have completely butched the animation, story and direction, I can't tell if they're aiming for a full-blown slice of Life or a comedy. Why not Studio Dean? I don't get it. Really disappointing.
Apr 5, 2023 12:04 PM
Jun 2020
AnotherGuy said:
borderliner said:
I'm not sure about this one, I thought it would grab me way more than it did. But quite a bit of it was pretty lame.

Maybe I just set my expectations too high.
I'll be honest with you: this spinoff is not as good as the main series, especially this portion in the Crimson Demon village. The 3rd volume of the spinoff I think is where it gets actually funny, but I'm not even sure if it's going to be included (Konosuba was adapting 2 volumes per season).

I'm waiting for Volume 2. We will see more of that shopper in this first episode and also the most broken character in KonoSuba premieres (I hope they keep Jolyne Kujoh/Power/Delta seiyuu on that crazy priest).
Apr 5, 2023 12:05 PM

Aug 2015
Zackhario said:
Dear god, why did they handed this to Studio Drive? They've given one of the most beloved anime series to an inexpereinced team with only 6 ot 7 anime produced since 2015 to show for it. They have completely butched the animation, story and direction, I can't tell if they're aiming for a full-blown slice of Life or a comedy. Why not Studio Dean? I don't get it. Really disappointing.
They're literally the same staff that did the previous seasons lmao
Apr 5, 2023 12:05 PM

Jun 2015
Im so confused, I went to watch on chunky and ended up watching the crimson movie thinking it was the new season.  I realised Id watched something from donkeys ago but watched it anyway but it does seem like there is a new series.  Do I have to pirate it to watch it or is it going to show up on a streaming platform?
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 5, 2023 12:12 PM
Jul 2021
Well the doubts about the change in studio remained unfound, thankfully
Apr 5, 2023 12:17 PM

Jun 2015
Polvo_Aranha said:
AnotherGuy said:
I'll be honest with you: this spinoff is not as good as the main series, especially this portion in the Crimson Demon village. The 3rd volume of the spinoff I think is where it gets actually funny, but I'm not even sure if it's going to be included (Konosuba was adapting 2 volumes per season).

I'm waiting for Volume 2. We will see more of that shopper in this first episode and also the most broken character in KonoSuba premieres (I hope they keep Jolyne Kujoh/Power/Delta seiyuu on that crazy priest).
I got the volumes wrong, I was thinking about volume 2, not 3. Then at least the second part of this season will be really funny.
Apr 5, 2023 12:26 PM
Nov 2020
I know this is done at a different but is the same team that worked on the main series working on this ? I ask this because the animation here looks like a step down . It's not bad but it's not as expressive as the original series . 

Apr 5, 2023 12:34 PM
May 2020
Going to school to learn how to look cool whilst fighting. i wish all schools were like this
Apr 5, 2023 12:36 PM
Jan 2021
This was a damn fine start to the show, I gotta say. Seeing Megumin's reason for wanting to learn explosion magic in the first few seconds really was a good choice in my opinion.
I loved KonoSuba 1/2, so I'm very keen to see where this series goes. Everyone loves Megumin after all!
EXPLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSION!

Here's to the good times to be had!
Apr 5, 2023 12:39 PM

Feb 2014
It only felt fitting to start off this prequel in the perfect way possible...

An almighty explosion magic! XD

As a big Megumin fan, I couldn't ask for anymore than this! It's great to have Konosuba back on air once more. I was very entertained with how demanding a younger Megumin was towards the lady who used the explosion magic like a pro. It's also nice to see her family and the other students of the academy once more after last seeing them in the movie back in 2019. This is also where the rivalry between Megumin and Yunyun and their interactions in this first episode was funny. XD

As expected, the production studio might be different yet again, but the core staff remains the same, so the production quality was a good as I hoped it would be. The OP song from Machico is more mellow compared to her previous songs, but it still sounds great to my ears.

Overall, this is my most anticipated anime this season and it has gotten off to a very good start. =)
Apr 5, 2023 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
This was great, all the Crimson Demons are a bunch of lovable dummies.
Apr 5, 2023 12:54 PM
Dec 2020
I HAVE ONLY 1 WORD TO SAY! 🫡
EXPLOOOOOOOOOSION ✨️✨️✨️
Apr 5, 2023 12:57 PM
Oct 2016
Its the Megumin origin story! We get to see how she became the proficient explosion magic user when she meet Kazuma. It was great to see how Megumin first even saw explosion magic. A crazy powerful magician lady defeating that dragon, it looked so sick and the sound effects were great. There glow of the explosion changed Megumin forever. I laughed when she kept having to ask for something different from the lady since as a small child Megumin was asking for outrageous wishes. Except asking how to learn the explosion magic herself. We know she does one day but how will that happen. Megumin parent luckily sold an expensive magic item so she could have the latest school uniform. Very small class at the school but it is a small village. Lots of interesting ladies from the village attending the school. It will be fun seeing more of them as Megumin attends. Very wholesome seeing Megumin fake not feeling well so that Yunyun could have a better partner for gym class. They maybe rivals but Megumin still cares. I'm happy to see this animated and will happily see how Megumin becomes an explosion magic user.
Apr 5, 2023 1:05 PM

May 2018
Well, I'm not the biggest fan of Megumin, I'd like to see a Darkness spin-off ngl, but I think this is going to be fun anyway. More KonoSuba is always a good thing. 

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 5, 2023 1:06 PM

Jun 2016
Without Darkness and Aqua feels like a "strange" form of Konosuba, but it was very entertaining and it's interesting the fact that at the beginning of her journey to become a mage Megumin was surrounded by companions that are more chuunibyou than her... XD
Apr 5, 2023 1:11 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i don't know what it is, but i've just never been that into Megumin... shes cute af, but i guess thats its for me lol

then again, wasn't super into Darkness either, always been a simp for Aqua, then Yunyun to a lesser degree, and some of the other random girls
Apr 5, 2023 1:12 PM

Jun 2016
FMmatron said:
Not the Darkness spin-off I was hoping for, but I take it. Every bit of Konosuba is more than welcome.

Hope they will make one for her too in the future, it would be so funny.
Apr 5, 2023 1:12 PM

Mar 2020
ITS BACK
NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE IT AGAIN
Apr 5, 2023 1:16 PM
Jun 2020
一言で言えば爆裂最高!
Apr 5, 2023 1:42 PM
Jun 2020
Oh japanese speakers, please answer this question:

When Yunyun said she came to "defeat" Megumin, in the japanese version, does that word means or sounds like something else?

The impression is she misspoke, but I couldn't understand how.
Apr 5, 2023 1:46 PM
Jul 2019
sus megumin is back my mans
Apr 5, 2023 1:57 PM
Oct 2022
The lack of Kazuma sapped this of any genuine laughs
His life being ruined by 3 fools is what made Konosuba, I hope this improves :\
Apr 5, 2023 2:00 PM
Oct 2009
Expected much more, KonoSuba was always funny this one not in the slightest, so despite what people say Kazume is the reason not one of the girls. Exept megumin everyone has huge breasts some even gigantic it's not even attractive that way. Animations isn't as good, KonoSuba has sexy characters or appeal besides human but not here so far. 
Btw tried to find pretty adult Megumin but failed, had a good picture of her, how she might turn out in the future ... When Konosuba2 was out there were a lot of quality art, but tried to search Megumin today and results was appaling.
Apr 5, 2023 2:03 PM

Jul 2022
This is fabulous. I haven't read the source spinoff material, but gather some parts are missing (as is usual), but I love the spirit of this one.

Megumin's character is a rich field to explore. Love the emphasis on looking cool, and the proto-bits of her classic spellcasting schtick sprinkled throughout the efforts of her classmates. It's super cute. 

The opening/closing music didn't strike me as outstanding, but the incidental music throughout seemed very classical, expressive/emotive, and solid. 

This seems heavy on the slapstick/lighthearted vibe, which seems appropriate.   
Apr 5, 2023 2:04 PM

Mar 2014
It's not funny as the original Konosuba but it's not bad though
Apr 5, 2023 2:26 PM
Feb 2022
One of the greatest beginnings of a spin off, hadn't laugh for a while but now konosuba is back :)
Apr 5, 2023 2:29 PM

Dec 2018
i love the crimson demons, all of them are hilarious.
Apr 5, 2023 2:36 PM
Dec 2013
Prettty fun episode
Apr 5, 2023 2:36 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
If anyone in Konosuba deserves a spinoff Megumin most defo does. Even when little Megumin had lofty aspirations. When poor its the little things that are always the warmest to see. Still looks like Megumin's father ended up forming quite the pact with a shady character. Poor YunYun ever the background character. Their classrooms sure were interesting though. But learning to create their own styles was damm amusing. The attempted escape of the turnips sure added quite the excitement to their lesson. Overall a pretty fun ep that did well to reintruduce us to Megumin, YunYun and the family as well as intruduce some new faces as well. Nice ending theme by Machico.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2023 2:57 PM
Nov 2022
Apr 5, 2023 2:57 PM
May 2020
it was ok...........................
Apr 5, 2023 2:58 PM

Dec 2015
Not sure about this yet. I mean ... it is still KonoSuba. But only a spin-off ... so less than the main series. And despite Megumin being one of the better chars ... the first episode was not that funny. Might get better once they continue the story at the academy though. Since this episode was a bit of an introduction with Megumin still at home with her parents. Got a bit funny when the teacher started to do his attack and battle introduction (he has a funny name lol).

Giving this a few more episodes. Then I'll decide. But I don't think it is really necessary and just watching the main series would be enough.
Apr 5, 2023 3:00 PM
Dec 2021
EXPLOSSSIIIOOOONNNN!!!!!! I honestly thought this series wouldn't be able to capture the charm of the og Konosuba. How wrong I was. the Great Crimson Demon Megumin once again graces our screens with her divine power! I already laughed out loud multiple times during this episode can't wait for more to come!
Apr 5, 2023 3:04 PM
Dec 2019
I'm kinda lukewarm on this series. I don't think series focused on one of the characters from the mainline can sustain a show. What made konosuba so good was the dynamics of all the characters being shitty to each other and megumin here might just get old fast. I don't think she quite bounces off of anyone in this story at the moment as she did before. It could all change but I'm on the fence. It could be too much of a good thing. 
Apr 5, 2023 3:31 PM
Jul 2020
Polvo_Aranha said:

When Yunyun said she came to "defeat" Megumin, in the japanese version, does that word means or sounds like something else?

what are u hoping for that to mean huh?
Apr 5, 2023 3:37 PM
Jun 2020
vitor03 said:
Polvo_Aranha said:

Something like "be her friend".
Apr 5, 2023 3:40 PM
Jul 2020
Polvo_Aranha said:
vitor03 said:

Something like "be her friend".

"friend"huh alright bud i sure trust you
Apr 5, 2023 3:43 PM

Nov 2018
Polvo_Aranha said:
AcceleratorAngel said:

The hell you're on abt, they made arue's design perfect.

She hella thick and smexy.

I'm referring to other character who made a cameo this episode and appears in the op.
That wasn't Arnes. That was Wolbach, Goddes of Violence and Sloth, that Megumin just unwittingly unleashed upon the world by solving her "puzzle" and unsealing her.
Apr 5, 2023 3:43 PM
Jun 2020
MeltingSky said:
Polvo_Aranha said:

I'm referring to other character who made a cameo this episode and appears in the op.
That wasn't Arnes. That was Wolbach, Goddes of Violence and Sloth, that Megumin just unwittingly unleashed upon the world by solving her "puzzle" and unsealing her.

I wasn't talking about her either.
Apr 5, 2023 3:59 PM

Jun 2013
Explosion motherfucker lol
Apr 5, 2023 4:02 PM

Jun 2012
Kenel said:
Zackhario said:
They're literally the same staff that did the previous seasons lmao
I'm talking about the studio, not the staff. Although the directions is on them given the limitation from Studio Drive.
Apr 5, 2023 4:08 PM

Mar 2021
Show was okay. The explosion efects are good but the first episode is not going to blow your mind and feels redudant if you have seen what is already out. Score is a lot lower than I expected it to be since I thought Social media will push the score similiar to Kaguya Sama Love is War. We kind of know it will lead to the main series.

Overall a pretty redundant prequel. I know for a fact 3 of the Konosuba lns r more or less filler and usually these comedy shows without any seriousness cannot sustain a long series which is what happened with Kaguya.
icefirestone23Apr 5, 2023 4:34 PM
Apr 5, 2023 4:11 PM
Dec 2021
nice episode. wilson's theorem.
Apr 5, 2023 4:19 PM
Jul 2020
the visual graphics are insane, the soundtrack is really beautiful, it feels like being in a magic world.

Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2023

115 by enigmasauce »»
Sep 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2023

180 by kylian3 »»
Aug 26, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2023

186 by Gyuriiii »»
Aug 24, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2023

91 by Zainehsan2000 »»
Jul 22, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2023

103 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Jun 28, 2:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.