Forum Settings
Forums

are you satisfied with the crunchyroll anime awards 2023?

New
Mar 13, 2023 8:12 AM
Jan 2023
i think that most of the deserving anime did not win due to less mainstream popularity. even though i love anime like  aot, demon slayer and spy family i think other anime also deserved to win 
Mar 13, 2023 8:25 AM

Feb 2020
Nope, I'm never satisfied with the Crunchyroll awards. :(
Mar 13, 2023 10:42 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread has been moved to the correct board.
Mar 13, 2023 10:48 AM
Mar 2021
Uwu, dat's a paw-some question! 😻 Let me tell ya, I wuz tots excited for da Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2023! 🎉 And, meow, it did not disappoint! 👏👏👏

Da animes were soooo kawaii, with their bright colors and adorable characters! 🌈🐾🌸 And da awards ceremony was so epic, with all da talented animators and voice actors showing off their skills! 🎤🎬

I mean, just look at all dis awards ceremony-related emojis I can use! 🏆🎉🎊🎁🎈👑💐🍾🥂🍱🍜🍙🍣🍡

So, to answer your question, meow, I wuz absolutely satisfied with da Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2023! 😸 Thank you for askin', and keep on watchin' dem animes! 📺🍿🐱
Mar 13, 2023 10:56 AM

Sep 2021
meh, not really, usually it's just a popularity contest innit 
Mar 13, 2023 11:00 AM

Oct 2018
Just the fact that they don't have the anime from the last season made this award even a bigger joke. Do they think they are the Academy Awards?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Mar 13, 2023 11:19 AM

Aug 2018
Definitely not

Mar 13, 2023 11:23 AM

Feb 2021
Is anyone ever satisifed with any awards? 

Every single time people complain about awards, the main issue people always seem to have is "popularity contest" 
This is not only for anime awards but to other stuff like gaming awards. 

But I find funny how the response to the Anime Trending awards was largely positive when that is 100%  a popularity contest. 

So it seems to me that people just pick and chose what is considered good and what is bad with no real criteria. 
Mar 13, 2023 12:10 PM

Sep 2007
MadanielFL said:
Is anyone ever satisifed with any awards? 

Every single time people complain about awards, the main issue people always seem to have is "popularity contest" 
This is not only for anime awards but to other stuff like gaming awards. 

But I find funny how the response to the Anime Trending awards was largely positive when that is 100%  a popularity contest. 

So it seems to me that people just pick and chose what is considered good and what is bad with no real criteria. 
I agree for the most part, but sometimes It's deserved depending on the category as well as what the nominees are.
Mar 13, 2023 12:17 PM

May 2019
I haven't even seen them or the results because i don't care about them.
Mar 13, 2023 12:28 PM
Oct 2019
No, because Stone Ocean didn't win anything and there were no new anime announcements. Also, Crunchyroll had the dumb idea to host the show in Japan this time, so it streamed at completely unreasonable times for their American viewers, which make up the majority of Crunchyroll's audience (since their catalogue outside of America is dogshit and kinda forces people in other countries to rely on piracy).

You're delusional if you think I'm staying up until 4:30 AM for anything other than JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
Mar 13, 2023 12:28 PM

May 2018
Honestly, if I hadn't seen this thread I wouldn't even remember about Crunchyroll Awards. I would be surprised if someone said this is actually important to them. But looking at it now, it's basically Demon Slayer, Spy X Family and AoT; seems pretty uninteresting to me ngl. 

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Mar 13, 2023 1:11 PM

Dec 2015
Cyberpunk won AOTY than I am satisfied.

Mar 13, 2023 1:59 PM

May 2019
It's a popularity vote, don't take it too seriously. I haven't even seen the results  nor do I care to do so.
yo
Mar 13, 2023 2:02 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
I'll only be satisfied whenever Maki zenin wins the best character of the year..
Summertime render should have been anime of the year..

don't really think about the rest of the the awards.

Mar 13, 2023 7:39 PM

Mar 2023
There was a good amount of misses and hits. Cyberpunk winning Anime of the Year was a big W. However, the popular shows obviously dominated the categories. Attack on Titan and Spy X Family are good shows, but it would be nice to see some representation in all the other good shows that came out in 2022. Ya Boy Kongming was also robbed of any spot light. It was nominated for 5 different categories and didn't even win best opening. I do not stand for any slander against my boy Kongming!

:3
Mar 13, 2023 8:11 PM

Aug 2020
Yes and no. I don't think Cyberpunk deserves anime of the year. I think it only won because the votes were split between AoT and DS.  Ya boy Kongming should have won best opening, Rumblings good but half the song is just death metal screaming.  Hot take Bubble was the best out of the movie nominees.  And how are they gonna get rid of the categories best boy and girl?

My biggest gripe is that Anya is not a supporting character she is a main character. Even on MAL she is listed as a main character - she is in almost all the scenes in the show and has more dialogue compared to other characters in the show. The show is called Spy X Family its is about a family (Anya, Yor, and Lloyde). I woulda picked Rebecca or Hayasaka.

Other than that I guess it was fine.  I do feel like it should have had less of a Japanese focus and be more westernized since Crunchyroll isn't even available in Japan lol. Japan should have their own awards imo. The daily voting was shit and definitely skewed the votes. I see where it's going trying to be like the game awards but it's not there yet. 

6/10 

"Bro, if you set your mind to it. You can jack off to anything."
☆☆☆☆☆
Mar 13, 2023 8:28 PM

Aug 2020
I mean its just a poplairty contest tbh. People see like one thing they know out of all the nominations and just vote that. Or they haven't watched any of them but just vote for the one that they heard of before. Its unfair but we can't really do anything about it. 
Mar 14, 2023 1:41 AM

Jul 2022
It's just the big shonens doing a dick size contest. I usually only agree with about 30% of it.
Mar 14, 2023 2:04 AM

Dec 2022
I don't care about popularity contests, no. Never did, never will.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 14, 2023 2:10 AM

Sep 2010
This is like the 20th thread about Crinchy awards I see here. Do you guys not realize that people get paid to create these kind of threads? It's advertisement.

More topics from this board

» What's the Most Cringeworthy Anime Dub You've Ever watched?

Gashadokur0 - 3 hours ago

11 by DesuMaiden »»
22 seconds ago

» What is good animation?

LenRea - Yesterday

16 by DesuMaiden »»
1 minute ago

» What are you gonna watch next season?

Pinoffin - 11 hours ago

29 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» What are some anime moments that made you kiss the screen?

Catalano - May 13

19 by _YaoiShotaIncest »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » A question, what is worse when it comes to a bad anime

Dillq24 - 5 hours ago

13 by perseii »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.