Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 21, 2022 10:49 AM

Jul 2021
page 6 :
- mom and dad are secretly watching their "special JAV DVDs" together .

page 7 :
- i want to film mom take a sh!t .
- does the mangaka have a $cat feti$h ?
- i want to film mom take a bath ... mom just beated dad up , so now he is crying .

page 8 :
- im filming this scene : mom and dad "are together" on their bed .

page 10 :
- mom just beated me up and gave me this nasty scrape .

page 47 :
- girl : lets watch some "special DVDs" together , and then we can have some "funs" together in this abandoned building .

page 89 :
- my dad wants to see you , a girl , because right now he is looking for a new wife .

page 110 :
- im recording this video of me pooping ...

page 136 :
- it is a video of me crapping in a field .
daywithoutgamesApr 21, 2022 12:27 PM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw
Apr 24, 2022 4:06 PM

Feb 2021
dont wanna be that 1 guy but all I saw was denji and reze. anyways it was really good this oneshot gave me punpun vibes

"๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช... ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ข ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ."
โป๐˜•๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜–๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ช
Apr 24, 2022 9:10 PM

Aug 2012
The visual elements were easily the best thing about this. The Camera POV, with motion blur, throughout and the four panel structure throughout the story were all very interesting and well-incorporated. Like how those four panels were all similar to the dimensions of his smartphone, that's a connection between visual presentation and storytelling that I really do appreciate.

Outside of that element, none of this really worked with me all that well. The only moment that got me even slightly emotional was Yuta hitting the low-key piece sign for Eri, that was a great callback. And I do like how the narrative is full of moments like that, it's a tightly written script in terms of call-backs or narrative symmetries, and the ending page is the perfect concluding the note. Wish I could share the loving sentiment most of those in this thread expressed, but this just didn't connect with me on a personal level at all.

Maybe it's because the plot seemed rather predictable until the last third. The final act does make it a lot more interesting admittedly, like was there really a time-skip at the end or was that Yuta's father playing him in a pinch of fantasy scene shot presumably before Eri's death? I definitely prefer the latter interpretation, since I felt like the whole my entire family except me died in a car accident is a bit extreme to the point of being ineffective, and the lack of any footage of his family leads me to believe this is the case. But still, a lot of the first two thirds did sort of feel like plodding.

But it's probably more that I just didn't like any of the characterization here. I didn't really like any of these characters, except maybe for Yuta, and to an extent there's sort of a built in excuse. Like Eri immediately dragging Yuta to watch a bunch of movies at first seemed pretty silly and disconnecting from me, but since this manga exists as a movie Yuta made for us, I realized the introduction she got into his life in the movie might've just been another fabrication. After all, we know the Eri presented to us in the manga wasn't an accurate reflection but an overidealized one, the idea that she just played along for a stronger, more sensationalized introduction makes complete sense.

I rather like how the manga invites you to ponder over what is real and not, it's Satoshi Kon-esque in that way though I don't think it's good as any of his work, and that's probably down to how much I like the characters in Kon's work as opposed to this. I mean I think there's merit in the revelations that we didn't get the true characterization for Eri and Yuta's mother (until a third party told us), think it speaks well with both the themes of the creator's ability to control the narrative and how we choose to remember people. But much as how Yuta experiences these events through an outsider's detached perspective, that's how I felt reading this.

In a lot of ways, this is a more interesting work than Look Back, but it's nowhere as good as that one in my opinion. Still I'll say this much, it actually makes me wish we weren't getting Chainsaw Man Part 2, I think I'd rather Fujimoto continue developing these movie-length One-Shots, they'll probably stand as his most interesting work.
TerrestriousApr 25, 2022 12:49 AM
Apr 25, 2022 1:20 AM

Jul 2021
- the more older main boy in the future : i survived a car accident , everyone else in my family were dead .

- is he David Dunn from the 2000 film Unbreakable ?
daywithoutgamesApr 25, 2022 9:16 AM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

Apr 25, 2022 1:56 AM

Nov 2018
Wtf did i just read lmao. Hella wierd but at least it was a unique experience.
Apr 26, 2022 4:04 AM

Jan 2021
A very unique experience. And the ending... Didn't see it coming. Seems like the whole thing was a movie all along right?
Apr 26, 2022 4:06 AM

Mar 2020
BOOOOOOOOM!!!
Michael Bay is in THE HOUSEEEE!!
nice
May 4, 2022 1:11 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So at first I didn't know how to feel about this. Upon reaching the end I was still thinking about the explosion, the meta and all that. Later I went to chat with others and suddenly realized a tear had formed around my right eye. A single tear so representative of the accumulative emotions I had not expressed until then that it honestly caught me off guard. So it hit me.

What a ride, if I must say. So many twists and turns yet I don't feel they are the focus of the narrative as is what Yuuta conveys across his filming. The way he feels about his mother, the way he decides to remember her, the abuse, the bullying and his relationship with Eri. All of that portrayed in a very unique way of recording where one is not entirely sure if there's a bit of fantasy around the corner.

The art of cinema certainly is a big element. I can't claim in the slightest that I know what that means considering the sheer lack of "must-watch" films in my repertuiore. However, I can see it through how they talk about films during it impacts the work itself. From the frame-by-frame sequences in different panels to the blurry effects on the drawing, making it seem all recorded through a phone. A nice effect certainly added to the already detailed backgrounds that make you stop and look at how much work has been put into each of them.

I already want to read this again honestly.
โ “โ ฅโ โ โ โ Šโ žโ ฝ โ žโ “โ —โ •โ ฅโ ›โ “ โ Žโ •โ โ ‘ โ Žโ žโ ฅโ โ Šโ ™โ Šโ žโ ฝโ ‚ โ Žโ •โ โ ‘ โ บโ Šโ ‡โ ‡ โ Žโ …โ Šโ  โ บโ โ Žโ “โ Šโ โ › โ žโ “โ ‘โ Šโ — โ “โ โ โ ™โ Ž โ โ โ ™ โ ‘โ โ ™ โ ฅโ  โ —โ ฅโ Šโ โ Šโ โ › โ Š
โ ž โ ‹โ •โ — โ ‘โ งโ ‘โ —โ ฝโ •โ โ ‘
โ Žโ “โ Šโ Šโ …โ • โ โ •โ Žโ •โ Šโ ‚ โ ผโ ƒโ ผโ šโ ผโ โ ผโ “
May 4, 2022 7:07 PM
May 2021
this manga was mid af
May 13, 2022 10:54 PM

Oct 2014
This is now by far my favourite one-shot. I was gripped throughout, the panels drawn through the lens of a camera pointed at the ground or wherever were sensational, the facial expressions were perfect and the ending was hilarious. I always enjoy Fujimoto's shorter works but this manga especially was brilliant. I'd love for it to get a movie adaptation some day.

Man this is just gonna make the wait for Chainsawman Part 2 that much harder.
May 17, 2022 7:56 AM

Jul 2020
The future of manga is bright with Tatsuki Fujimoto. His brand of storytelling is one of a kind and his art and paneling just keeps getting better and better. The whole one-shot felt like a movie and I strongly believe that was on purpose.
May 19, 2022 12:03 PM

Jan 2015
Plot was really, really good. Can’t say the same for how it was delivered. Wayyy too much pointless dialogue I got really tired and started skimming through it.
May 22, 2022 8:04 AM
Jul 2017
From which website can I read this? A lot of manga websites that I use do not have english translation of this.
May 22, 2022 2:34 PM

Mar 2021
That was fucking amazing. Fujimoto the goat fr.
“Without love, it cannot be seen.”
Jun 5, 2022 3:18 PM

Jan 2017
I liked the motion blur from the camera and the number of panels without talking. Really added some nice suspense to it.
Jun 7, 2022 9:13 PM

Mar 2018
What a great one-shot, I love how numerous panels and scenes treated themselves as a movie, crazy I know, but it really made me connect so much more.

In the end, I couldn't tell what was real or fake, but I can say that, with a touch of fantasy, it makes all boring romances much more enticing :-)

Jun 8, 2022 10:16 AM

Jun 2019
I thought it was well done, but it also felt like it was missing something for me to make me really connect with the characters in the same way the Look Back did. it's good, but the Look Back was better imo.
Jun 21, 2022 5:07 AM

Nov 2015
The one shot alone is already a 10/10 experience, but this resonated with me so much i couldn't stop crying.
My best friend recently died and, when that unknown high school girl asked why Eri wasn't as bad of a person as she was in real life. Yuuta, answering that that was how he would always remember her made me pause the reading to be able to breath through my tears.

The panelling, the artistic design and art alone are amazingly original; but the script... the dialogues are what made me be so passionate about this. Fujimoto is a genius, and this manga's at the same level as Fire Punch to me, one of the best things i've ever read. Period.
Jul 8, 2022 11:04 AM

Mar 2022
I am so confused right now, but I love it.
It doesn't feels like a movies/manga or even a story, I feels like I'm being dragged into it, makes me believe everything was real, tatsuki fujimoto really know what he doing.

Jul 13, 2022 5:18 PM

Aug 2008
I don't understand why this is so highly rated, I just found it stupid and got bored in the middle of this as well. To each their own I guess.
Jul 17, 2022 5:05 PM

Jul 2021
i guess this mangaka fujimoto is a mas0chist , so he loves sadi$t , strong-minded , angry girls , like the mother and the main girl in this one-shot , lol .

Jul 21, 2022 7:40 PM
Sep 2020
This one shot is literal perfection
Fujimoto has done it again
This is work of an art
Simply outstanding
Gintama and one piece are love
Jul 23, 2022 2:52 PM
May 2020
I love how this oneshot has an open ending, and it's about in story perspective, not in the story writing at all. Good job on messing the reality with the movie.
Aug 7, 2022 3:37 AM

Mar 2020
another kino cinematic
Aug 10, 2022 12:58 PM
Apr 2020
it was amazing wow
Aug 12, 2022 1:51 PM
Aug 2022
I really hope this gets turned into an anime. Really great! highly recommend it! Big mix of emotions, nice characters, great story and explosions!!
Aug 22, 2022 5:03 PM
Jun 2021
im so confused lol
Aug 27, 2022 9:39 AM
Sep 2018
Fujimoto the goat
Aug 30, 2022 6:19 AM

Jun 2020
This oneshot evoked emotions out of me that dozens of volumes of certain mangas couldn't.
Sep 3, 2022 10:06 PM
Jul 2021
What the actual fuck?
Sep 11, 2022 11:56 AM
Apr 2021
Absolutely beautiful execution by the goat Tatsuki Fujimoto. Best one-shot I have ever read period.
Sep 14, 2022 3:23 PM

Aug 2021
this was good.. just kinda mixed feelings on a lot of it though
Oct 7, 2022 10:20 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Finally got around to this and wow, this was amazing.

Fujimoto is just on a different level.
Oct 9, 2022 9:21 AM

Sep 2020
what the actual fck fujimoto.
One Piece Episodes 1018 & 1027 were a mistake and 1033 brought salvation. -DrippySid

Oct 15, 2022 4:32 PM
May 2020
Great Oneshot, made me appreciate Fujimoto even more!
Oct 18, 2022 9:54 AM

Jan 2021
Goodbye Eri was an amazing one shot, The art, the story telling and everything else was just perfect. I love how Fujimoto made it so you can't tell whether what you're seeing was real or part of the movie. I also love how he always shows his love for movies in his work. Simply just an amazing mangaka, I can't even put it into words how amazing he is.
Oct 31, 2022 8:42 AM

May 2022
This definitely stands out from a lot of other manga one shots. They really capture the dealing with loss subject in a unique and interesting way, through the eyes of a camera even if we cannot see it in video form. It is really impressive how they are still able to capture the video format in the paper form and really is on another level in concept. I would be interested to see if this was made into an anime if it would still be to remain as unique as it is in its current form.
Nov 3, 2022 2:20 AM
Dec 2021
Fujimoto's cinephile is showing as usual. He's structured his own story like it's pulp fiction or something. I love the mystery behind who Eri actually is. But if one thing's for certain, Yuta sure gave his story a good ending with a BANG.
Nov 13, 2022 12:52 AM

Jan 2020
that end was so amusing and amazing, I love all the twists in this short story

maybe I should give chainsaw man another try :D
Nov 25, 2022 8:37 AM
May 2021
I honestly don't know what this manga means to me.
This is the first manga that I had zero attachment to and no opinion about.
I feel like a robot now...
Dec 7, 2022 2:26 PM
Apr 2020
idk about the explosion still lmao
Dec 10, 2022 11:14 PM
Jan 2022
Can anyone please explain the blast in the end??
I really liked it but couldn't understand the ending.
Dec 17, 2022 5:06 PM
May 2022
Fujimoto is already reaching GOAT status imo
Dec 25, 2022 8:53 PM

Oct 2013
That was fucking incredible. I can't describe my exact feelings on it. Just incredible
"We brawlers are sustained by willpower! Even when mocked as reckless and crazy!"
Dec 29, 2022 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing one-shot. The explosions made me laugh harder than most comedy series.
Jan 5, 2023 3:47 PM
Jan 2020
divesh03 said:

The whole manga is open to interpretation but in my opinion, the last explosion is Fujimoto way to tell you that it was all a movie, even if some of the events of it are "real". My headcanon is:

- His mum really died.
- Eri really died.
- Eri is not a vampire, that is the pinch of fantasy. The ending is him editing her and himself with splicing, probably some old recordings, years later.
- I doubt about the existence of the dead family after the time jump.
- The whole thing, from the begging, is a movie. A movie about a guy that makes 2 movies.

I think it is very, very good. In a very small amount of pages he manages to create a metahistory, reflect about grief, the pursuit of your passions in life and about the nature of art and fiction, leaving you very intrigued. And it does it with a lot of style.
CaperonJan 5, 2023 3:52 PM
Jan 5, 2023 6:23 PM
Jan 2022
Caperon said:
divesh03 said:

The whole manga is open to interpretation but in my opinion, the last explosion is Fujimoto way to tell you that it was all a movie, even if some of the events of it are "real". My headcanon is:

- His mum really died.
- Eri really died.
- Eri is not a vampire, that is the pinch of fantasy. The ending is him editing her and himself with splicing, probably some old recordings, years later.
- I doubt about the existence of the dead family after the time jump.
- The whole thing, from the begging, is a movie. A movie about a guy that makes 2 movies.

I think it is very, very good. In a very small amount of pages he manages to create a metahistory, reflect about grief, the pursuit of your passions in life and about the nature of art and fiction, leaving you very intrigued. And it does it with a lot of style.

Thanks for telling me.
Jan 12, 2023 3:21 PM

Feb 2012
Layers. Not only do onions and ogres have them, but this manga also does too...
This went more meta than meta, so much so that it kinda did something to my brain.
Even right now, I kinda feel like I'm Eri typing what I think of this. (@.@)
Jan 17, 2023 5:42 AM
Dec 2019
Masterpiece of a manga oneshot
Feb 5, 2023 6:12 PM
Dec 2017
overall this story was ok i suppose.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Question [SPOILER]

DrkSeid69 - Apr 10, 2022

29 by Pande91 »»
Nov 16, 2023 2:47 AM

» How in the living fuck did fujimoto make a manga Satoshi kon movie?

APolygons2 - Nov 7, 2023

8 by Masshiroi »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:36 AM

» I want to have an anime's adaption

1datd - Apr 14, 2022

22 by Yuri_Niji »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:19 PM

» Where can I read this Manga?

de_dencin - Oct 28, 2022

4 by jm0nk3y77 »»
May 15, 2023 8:56 PM

» Any info for an English physical release of this?

wasian118 - Jun 21, 2022

8 by ogblynz »»
Apr 17, 2023 7:30 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.