Forum Settings
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 15, 2022 2:18 PM
Oct 2017
Although the ending arc was rushed, I really like how they were able to save everyone but not lose the character development of Takemichi. I was worried about everyone not remembering all of the things that they went through but just having Mikey and Chifuyu remember is enough for it to count. Overall, I really enjoyed the ride and Im glad they got a happy ending.
Nov 15, 2022 2:49 PM
Mar 2022
all that for a disney ending, huh
Nov 15, 2022 2:55 PM

Jan 2021
Didn't enjoy the last arc but oh well, It was a nice read but i'm glad its over.
Nov 15, 2022 3:06 PM

Jan 2021
Yeah yeah everyone’s still complaining bout everything like always with Tokyo revengers…

I like the ending it’s not a 10/10 imo but it’s satisfying.

Overall amazing manga
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2022 3:23 PM
Feb 2022
well, it finally ended. TR had its moments but we all agree that the final arc was unnecessary. although the wedding chapter was nice, i liked the previous wedding better, i don't get why is Hanma there ???
Nov 15, 2022 3:32 PM
Aug 2020
Ah yes, the mega happy ending. I'm happy its finally over, this last arc was a complete mess, and the ending seemed rushed as fug. I mean, they could've stretched out this last two chapters and shown in detail how mickey and takemichi rebuilt everything, but instead we got just collages and a resume of what happened.

Overall Tokyo Revengers wasnt so bad, it had great moments and great arcs, but the quality plummet at the last final arcs and it shows, tainting the whole work and turning what could've been good into mediocre. It seems the story overstayed its welcome, probably because of the greed of producers and editors.

The mega happy ending also removes the importance of previous events significantly. By redoing all the bad things it feels as if they werent that important, even thou to Takemichi they were real, and chifuyu and mickey remember it, the fact is that its like they never happened, and a lot of deaths and the impact of consequences were meaningless.

That being said, its been a hell of a ride and I had fun reading it, I also felt frustrated and angry at the author and editors decisions, so I would give it a 6/10, it's not bad, but its not great either, its a steange fun journey with its ups and downs, and thats what I'll take from it.
Nov 15, 2022 3:35 PM
Oct 2017
if there's anything that a manga reader can hate, it's probably this finale.
everything that was done so far mounted to nothing and the author took the easiest way around to give us a supposedly satisfying ending.
very disappointed in this series and wouldn't recommend to anyone.
the way how everyone involved in the story was invited to the wedding was so cheesy to me and i hated every aspect of it.
my candies:
Nov 15, 2022 3:39 PM
Oct 2019
el final me ha encantado para mi este manga a sido uno de mis favoritos y le he cogido un montón de cariño se lo recomiendo a todo el mundo
Nov 15, 2022 3:40 PM

Nov 2015
A verdadeira vingança são as amizades que fazemos durante o caminho.
Nov 15, 2022 3:40 PM
Mar 2018
Os verdadeiros Tokyo Revengers são os amigos que fizemos pelo caminho
Nov 15, 2022 3:41 PM
Feb 2021
Os verdadeiros Tokyo Revengers são os amigos que fizemos pelo caminho
Nov 15, 2022 3:41 PM
Jan 2018
A verdadeira tokyo vingança são os amigos que fizemos durante o caminho!
Nov 15, 2022 3:42 PM
Nov 2018
O verdadeira vingança são os amigos que fizemos no caminho
Nov 15, 2022 3:42 PM
Jan 2022
A verdadeiro vingança são os amigos que fizemos pelo caminho.
Simas-JLJan 25, 2023 10:35 AM
Nov 15, 2022 3:46 PM
Apr 2017
A verdadeira vingança são os amigos que fazemos no caminho.
Nov 15, 2022 4:01 PM
Jul 2021
A verdadeira vingança são as amizades que fazemos durante o caminho
Nov 15, 2022 4:04 PM
Mar 2015
And they finally lived happily ever after
Nov 15, 2022 5:17 PM
Mar 2021
While I agree it did seem a bit rush to the end, I would honestly prefer how 277 went than another 100 chapters explaining how they convinced each member. Perhaps they could've briefly shown how they did it or something but I won't complain or tell the author how he should've written it. In the end, everyone got the happiness they deserved, and I couldn't have asked for a better ending for everyone than how the author did. Just like AOT and Dr. Stone, another amazing series has ended and I'm left to search for a new series that will fill my void of excitement for a new chapter each week. Thank you Ken Wakui, I thank you for your hard work these past years and look forward to your future.
Nov 15, 2022 5:36 PM
Jan 2021
All i wanted was for Chifuyu to remember, at least they didn't mess up.
Nov 15, 2022 5:42 PM

Dec 2020
oh dear.. this ending wouldve been much nicer if it had any buildup to it. the last arc was so ass. gave tr a 10/10 before but the ending just ruined it for me. dropping to a 7. good riddance it ended because by the way it was going before, i doubt it wouldve ever picked itself back up.
Nov 15, 2022 5:45 PM
Sep 2019
uma merdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Nov 15, 2022 5:46 PM
Oct 2018
what an awful and poorly written ending. i mean, tokyorev was going down in quality for a while but omg it reached its lowest in the end really what's the point in just bringing everyone back to life and making them all happy all of a sudden?

at least i'm happy that mikey is fine my boy suffered too much to end up dead
Nov 15, 2022 6:21 PM

Apr 2020
Everybody here is talking about how they find the ending bad, and here I am wondering what Takemitchy's job is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

»»————- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇs ʜᴇʀᴇ ————-««
Nov 15, 2022 6:23 PM

Jun 2015
The last two chapters were too frushed. Once the curse issue was explained everything fit and it would have been very interesting how they fixed the timeline, but decided to cut too fast. It lacked at least a volume or better manage the final revelations and twists in the last arc.
This couldn't end in Tenjiku, so all complaints are silly in that regard, but the ending wasn't satisfactory for what one might expect either.
It's not the worst ending (you haven't read anything if you think so), but it's pretty lazy.
Nov 15, 2022 6:48 PM
Jan 2021
I had this in my top 3 before the final arc and now I’m embarrassed
Nov 15, 2022 7:13 PM
Jul 2021
Thank you Ken Wakui.
Nov 15, 2022 7:54 PM
Nov 2021
Ah!! such a lame ending to this series.... it used to be my favorite manga before the last arc atleast Chifuyu remembers everything. They did everyone dirty...
Nov 15, 2022 8:14 PM

Feb 2021
It's finally over. While the finale arc and ending were definitely anti-climactic and the last few chapters felt rushed, to say the least. For me, it was still an enjoyable read overall. Solid 7 - 7.5 out of 10
Something, Something, Witty Joke, Something, Something
Nov 15, 2022 8:26 PM
Apr 2018
what can i say… i perfectly understand that many and many people will say this is a trash ending, i can’t blame them for that. it was rushed af, probably due to editorial reasons, and it wastes all the psychological development created by the loss and the deaths all along the plot. no doubt about it. it’s completely predictable and trivial, and despite that, the author came to this ending arguably in the worst way he could, he set up a tragic scenario and then everything is twisted in a few pages. but still… i love it. and i hate myself for that. i paused the manga when the leakers said it was ending in a few chapters, and as a fan i think i made the right choice, because this way it somehow gains appeal imo. my soul can’t stand the final chapter, the life recap pages are one of the purest forms of fanservice i’ve ever seen, but they manage to fill the heart of every fan who’s reading. a dark ending with Mikey telling us what happened in the future after takemitcchi’s death would’ve been 100 times better in terms of writing and logic, sure. but i’m no less sure that this ending touched me much more than what a dark final could do, to see both draken and mikey to the wedding is something else. in the end: it’s perfect? no, not even close to good. i liked it? way too much. and i’m sure i’m expressing the opinion of a lot of readers.
Nov 15, 2022 8:27 PM

Jul 2012
It's good stuff, I liked it.
I can write much more about why I disagree with the bigger negative reaction overall for this final arc (despite having criticisms of my own that I was through enough pointing out in previous chapters) being really deserving.

This was a dumb manga with crazy bullshit from the start. It aknowledged it from the get-go, straight addresses it while shouting-out some other delinquent mangas that inspired it at the beginning, and ran with it to the very end, despite do trying honestly to have emotional highs (and failing at some). And for what it passionately and admittedly was, it was pretty fairly well contained, coherent and fun to read.

I thought if it would end without a bigger reset, it would be no good, since the Tenjiku epilogue was a more than worthy bittersweet finale before Takemichi seemingly made a horrible decision in going to save Mikey. Luckily, that wasn't the case, they explained the curse and negative causality it caused upon Mikey's behavior, and solved it with a much further back timetravel (with Takemichi gifting his power to Mikey much like his brother did to him), and apparently, due to the circumstances of him being about to die, he remembered the loop with Mikey, giving us an ultimate good ending for his efforts. It kinda reminds me of some good old JRPGs that used time travel resolutions just like that back in the day for their golden endings.

It was simple and effective enough, and since it made the last loop worth it, is already satisfying just same, if not more (I'm a sucker for bittersweet endings, and would prefer Tenjiku's epilogue otherwise, but seeing Emma alive and married with best boi more than made up for my preferences).

And honestly speaking, this ending is more than earned imo, he went through hell and back, and anything less than aforementioned Tenjiku's ending would be disappointing and feel like the final arc was unnecessary and a terrible mistake at best (aka, having just served to kill more beloved characters to save Mikey, which would make for a far less satsifying bittersweet conclusion if going for the same approach as Tenjiku).

Very nice happy ending for everyone, I don't dislike that at all, and I had a lot of fun with this little wild ride (the weekly pacing was glacial though, lucky be the ones that will actually get to marathon this in one go and have a blast).

I'd go with a 7,5/10 (7-8 on MAL).
DanpmssDec 7, 2022 10:06 AM
Nov 15, 2022 8:35 PM
May 2021
Loved it ❤❤, really nice ending
Nov 15, 2022 9:54 PM
May 2021
finally end of a masterpiece, Takemichi and Mikey saved all of our favourite characters and im just glad that it ended how it ended
Nov 15, 2022 9:54 PM
Oct 2020
I have read several manga and among all this is my absolute favorite, it managed to make me fall in love with each chapter and I never got bored. He managed to make me cry several times, to make me tremble with anxiety and hype and they deserved a happy ending, after everything they went through they deserve it, masterpiece! 10/10
void, i guess
Nov 15, 2022 10:06 PM
Oct 2022
Uhhh, it finally ended, I loved the series from the very beginning. I really don't like it that it's ending but everything settled down and Takemichi saved everything. I guess it's time for us to move on.
Nov 15, 2022 10:12 PM
Jan 2020
I hope there's an anime original final arc. please I'm begging I cannot sit through a season of this
Nov 15, 2022 11:32 PM
Oct 2021
Completely rushed.
Nov 16, 2022 1:02 AM

Oct 2016
The way we got this ending is questionable, but by itself I think this ending was nice. It's nice to see everyone happy and alive doing the things they want to do.

I still enjoyed the series as a whole, but the quality definitely dropped when the Three Deities arc started. Revengin time is over, though it should've ended a while ago. 7/10
Nov 16, 2022 1:43 AM
Nov 2020
Wow this Mickey Mouse clubhouse episode went hard
Nov 16, 2022 2:01 AM

May 2021
Oh it really ended. Has been a great run for me doesn't matter the ending arc.
Nov 16, 2022 2:01 AM
Nov 2020
I started hating the last arc when everything start the connect to micky but yes the ending was not bad this manga get 7.8/10
nice
Nov 16, 2022 3:05 AM
Apr 2020
il finale è un lieto fine di schifo
Nov 16, 2022 3:26 AM
Mar 2016
What a way to ruin a good manga
Absolute garbanzo
Nov 16, 2022 4:03 AM

Mar 2016
Alright, let me be HONEST...

I admit that I am pleased and happy that all the characters that we've come to know are not only all alive and well, but are also in a profession completely separate from the gang/criminal world. Therefore in effect with none of them being a player in the underground world, Takemitchy have not only saved the future for himself, his friends and acquaintances, but also for many others within Japan. For that, a round of applause...

I mean damn, the guy has failed and tried tons of times, can you imagine how much more countless his hardship was in this timeline where he basically relived his life from grade school with Mikey. Seeing his wedding + the deserved kiss with Hina + all his friends alive and congratulating him together was actually pretty touching.

Oh, but their joy is not one that we can feel can it?
WAKE UP! The author just blueballed the shit out of the audience and giving us a half-assed UNDESERVED ending. The ending itself is actually the PERFECT ENDING that many would hope it would be. HOWEVER, this ending should be IMPOSSIBLE to begin with considering how several important characters like Draken should have been dead. Yeah whatever they've basically restarted everything back to before Shinichiro got cursed by the homeless guy's dark impulses. I mean that in itself is an asspull of a phenomenon, but for the story to basically go from Takemitchy dying at the hand of Mikey to them being aware that they restarted back their life to grade school to this perfect ending, WITHIN 3 CHAPTERS, that's bullshit.

Summary...
Once again, I admit this is a PERFECT ending, but a PERFECT ending is not equal to a "PERFECT ending for Tokyo Revengers" which should've been one of bittersweetness given how many key figures have died. I'd personally liked it more if Takemitchy dies and Mikey continue to enforce Takemitchy's will in his stead, as sad as that might be. Because let me tell you. I'd take a depressing but coherent ending than a happy-perfect ending that was abrupt in its inception. This ending would have been more tolerable if the story took a minimum of 10+ chapters to reaching this point, but alas, that never came to be.

My heart is happy for this perfect reality in which every characters are alive and cheerful, but this happiness is akin to eating a fancy dinner from a wallet you picked up off the ground. It's fabricated, it's abrupt and most of all, it's not truly deserved... This. This is the most criminal thing the story have presented upon its audience...
ShadowkillZNov 16, 2022 4:35 AM
Nov 16, 2022 4:20 AM
Aug 2022
O final foi fraco, apesar de eu gostar da obra, essa reta final até certa parte é muito daora, mas quando chegou no 271, tudo desandou bastante o autor se perdeu nos seus conceitos, e acabou deixando pontas soltas, tipo: todo mundo virou amigo do nada, e se o impulso sombrio do mikey foi "curado", ou sei lá, chegou o final e o wakui pensou "deixa isso pra lá, garai, ninguém vai perceber."
Nov 16, 2022 5:27 AM

Apr 2016
It has had a huge drop since this last arc started but I still like what there was before. I enjoyed the journey.
Nov 16, 2022 5:29 AM
Jul 2021
Welp it have ended
Nov 16, 2022 5:42 AM
Jul 2021
The manga is really good in terms of developing the characters also storyline was good till the dark impulses thing came and cringed the whole manga
the ending wasn't expected at the beginning thought it will end with more characters dead or something like that but then when entering the last arc and the last few chapters I was able to see it coming.

I have been following it for the past 3 years or so and it has been a great journey.

gg everyone now it's not the time to argue about the ending and everything.

Thank you ken wakui.

BYeeee
Nov 16, 2022 6:17 AM
Mar 2021
Jahbaaru said:
Masterpiece, I can't believe it... I'm in tears. This is the best work of fiction I've ever read. My heart.. DROPPED!I cried so heard at the wedding panel, haven't in years... This is the Knack 2 of mangas. Revolutionizing the strand genre. Absolutely incredible. Really great work, Kojima. He does it again. Can't wait for Tokyo Revengers 2
NO. WAY. I would agree if it had ended after Kisaki's death and Pah-chin's wedding but the last arc was sooooo bad lmao. From a 9/10 to a 7.5/10 in a single arc for me
Nov 16, 2022 7:48 AM
Dec 2020
I'm a bit disappointed :/
I've been following the manga since last year- the last arc lost it :(((

Still gonna collect the volumes tho cuz I still love it overall.
Nov 16, 2022 8:01 AM

Mar 2020
not even exaggerating this one of the most dogshit ending to any piece of fiction ever
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Wakui Ken will start a new delinquent manga in Weekly Shonen Jump

ARK-13 - Apr 4

9 by fatimilla_z »»
Apr 5, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Tokyo卍Revengers Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2017

11 by PlasticRobot »»
Mar 11, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo卍Revengers Chapter 279 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bennnii - Nov 18, 2022

55 by Baytamata »»
Feb 7, 10:35 AM

» About Kisaki

Rom-Com_lover - Dec 11, 2023

5 by nexustom »»
Dec 12, 2023 7:41 PM

Poll: » Tokyo卍Revengers Chapter 59 Discussion

Barrycade - Dec 8, 2023

20 by YMW18 »»
Dec 8, 2023 7:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.