Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Blue Lock
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 7, 2022 10:27 PM
Nov 2022
I personally think Blue Lock deserve this title. It's one of the most unique show this fall and now the best sports anime. It can compete up there with chainsaw man and bleach but other than that no one comes close for me. How about you what are your top contenders this season? Do you think blue lock has a chance to become anime of the season? I mean it's very popular.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 7, 2022 10:34 PM
Jan 2021
LordIsagi said:
I personally think Blue Lock deserve this title. It's one of the most unique show this fall and now the best sports anime. It can compete up there with chainsaw man and bleach but other than that no one comes close for me. How about you what are your top contenders this season? Do you think blue lock has a chance to become anime of the season? I mean it's very popular.

CSM, Bleach, mob psycho and MHA are all better
Also isn’t even top 3 sports anime
Nov 7, 2022 10:35 PM
Oct 2022
best sports anime 😭 fam it's not even the best football related anime that released this year ao ashi clear
Nov 7, 2022 10:37 PM
Nov 2022
DiomarBrasindo said:
LordIsagi said:

MHA is mid lmao let's be real here
Nov 7, 2022 10:39 PM
Jan 2021
LordIsagi said:
DiomarBrasindo said:

Yeah, s6 is just better
Blue lock is pretty overhyped rn
Nov 7, 2022 10:43 PM
Nov 2022
DiomarBrasindo said:
LordIsagi said:

Yeah, s6 is just better
Blue Lock has more hype than MHA right now tho and that says a lot
Nov 7, 2022 10:45 PM
Jan 2021
LordIsagi said:
DiomarBrasindo said:

Yeah, s6 is just better

Yeah, that says a lot on how overhyped it is 💀
Bocchi the rock is also better
Nov 7, 2022 10:50 PM
Nov 2022
DiomarBrasindo said:
LordIsagi said:

Yeah, that says a lot on how overhyped it is 💀
Bocchi the rock is also better
I haven't watched that yet. Look I'm not saying it's the best, I'm saying it can be a contender for anime of the season.
Nov 7, 2022 10:50 PM
Mar 2022
LordIsagi said:

I think it deserves the "Worst anime of the year" title more
Nov 7, 2022 10:52 PM
Dec 2021
can be but in sports genre imo it is much better than haikyuu
Nov 7, 2022 10:54 PM
Jul 2021
It can be considered as a contender but then we also have Bleach and CSM so yeah its going to be tough for BL to reach those levels of hype.
Nov 7, 2022 10:54 PM
Sep 2021
KanataX said:
best sports anime 😭 fam it's not even the best football related anime that released this year ao ashi clear

dude just wait a little longer. you will realise that this anime is the best sports anime. but for anime of the season title, i will go with csm
Nov 7, 2022 10:58 PM
Nov 2022
Night_Shade31 said:
Right?! It's better than Haikyuu but I don't think they will have an award for sport anime of the season because there was no other sports this fall so I'm thinking of anime of the season.
Nov 7, 2022 11:03 PM
Oct 2022
ApoorvaSingh1303 said:
KanataX said:

dude just wait a little longer. you will realise that this anime is the best sports anime. but for anime of the season title, i will go with csm

ive read the manga till around 170 ik it gets better at a certain point but it also becomes significantly ass towards the later half and unless something magical happens later on it's going to be mid
Nov 7, 2022 11:08 PM
Oct 2022
No. Not even close. Chainsaw man, mob psycho, to your eternity and bocchi the rock clears.
Nov 7, 2022 11:11 PM
Nov 2022
cystormvoid_ said:
No. Not even close. Chainsaw man, mob psycho, to your eternity and bocchi the rock clears.
Chainsaw man is a little overhyped. It has huge fandom but that's it. No one talks about mob psycho, tye and that so called bocchi. Also Blue Lock has the most unique premise this season, actually this year. This premise never happened before.
Nov 7, 2022 11:24 PM
Aug 2018
Honestly blue lock is just good and nothing incredible. Ao Ashi is a much better sports story. In terms of this season, Chainsaw Man or Bleach is gonna take it. Also, you’re the same troll from the recent MHA post
Nov 7, 2022 11:26 PM
Nov 2022
Br3dWinn3rs said:
Honestly blue lock is just good and nothing incredible. Ao Ashi is a much better sports story. In terms of this season, Chainsaw Man or Bleach is gonna take it. Also, you’re the same troll from the recent MHA post
I've been commenting on MHA since it's started. Just because I said my opinion and you didn't agree with it, doesn't mean I'm trolling.
Nov 7, 2022 11:33 PM

Apr 2022
2nd best for me rn just behind CSM
Nov 8, 2022 12:55 AM

Mar 2021
Best anime of the season? Have you even seen CSM? Mob Psycho s3? Bleach ? Bocchi the Rock? Golden kamuy ? Heck, even MHA s6 and Mairimashta Iruma-Kun s3 are far better.

Best sports anime? Pfft yeah right. It's not even best sports this year, let alone all time. That title is exclusive to Giant Killing. And I bet you've never heard of it.
Nov 8, 2022 1:06 AM
Nov 2022
Potatoboy11 said:
Best anime of the season? Have you even seen CSM? Mob Psycho s3? Bleach ? Bocchi the Rock? Golden kamuy ? Heck, even MHA s6 and Mairimashta Iruma-Kun s3 are far better.

Best sports anime? Pfft yeah right. It's not even best sports this year, let alone all time. That title is exclusive to Giant Killing. And I bet you've never heard of it.
I don't watch mid.
Nov 8, 2022 1:07 AM

Mar 2021
LordIsagi said:
Potatoboy11 said:

I don't watch mid.

That's funny coming from someone watching BL.
Nov 8, 2022 1:27 AM
Aug 2022
some spoilers * (just for safety)

So I think CSM is only rateable as a hole.
(I read the Manga till Chapter 100ish) It is indeed good but with only a few episodes out by now I'm not sure if the Anime is also gonna be like that in the future maybe there will be a studio change for S2 or later. I believe that e.g. the Arc with Aki and Gun Devil will hit more. So hyping it now up is good but only to a certain extent.

I also read Blue Lock manga till the most recent chapter. I have to admit that some scenes are a bit over the top or even cringe but Blue Lock isn't trying to do something realistic story. The new premise is refreshing and maybe even needed. We all know the X Sport Anime were u see "Teamwork is everything". But may get a bit boring over time...

I see that some say Aoashi is better cuz it's realistic but who watches Anime for 100% realism? In the Manga I liked the Akutsu Part + a few other but I have to say that after reading till Chapter 311 I miss something. it's a lot but I hadn't had the same hype feelings like in Blue Lock.

Question: Why are Anime hated which have a bit to a lot hype? Aren't CSM Fans also a bit over dramatic about its Anime? Some shows are indeed to much hyped but the question is when is it over- and when normal hyped?

(I didn't watch much Bleach such idk about that; TYE was a but how should I say it? it wasn't the same. It felt it bit strange cuz of the time skipp and pacing; Mob was ok I guess? I only watched like 2 Episodes)
Nov 8, 2022 1:28 AM
Jul 2021
Not watching everything this season but of the shows I am keeping up with I'd definitely say there are some that are clear of Blue Lock. Manga readers keep saying CSM is going to get crazy so I'd assume that will end above Blue Lock, Spy x Family has been consistent enough to stay up there imo, Bocchi the Rock isn't getting as many viewers but it really is great as well, and I understand this one is probably biased as hell but I prefer the Urusei Yatsura remake too. Need more time to see if season two of To Your Eternity makes that list too. Blue Lock is great but honestly this season is unreal I recommend watching as many of these shows as you can :)
Nov 8, 2022 1:30 AM
Jul 2021
Oh... and season 3 of Mob Psycho is superb. Actually unreal.
Nov 8, 2022 1:31 AM
Aug 2022
Potatoboy11 said:

if u never heard of something then one is unable to rate it. so if I would say my fav Sport is Haikyu or something like that I could be completely right if I just watched it + a few other sports. Also your "best" doesn't need to be his/ her/ my/ any "best". it's good that u found something u like but u don't need to press it to everyone
Nov 8, 2022 1:35 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Ep 5 was so hype. I think I’m really hooked now. But I’ll wait till the end of the season to make my pick.
Nov 8, 2022 1:42 AM
Oct 2022
LordIsagi said:
DiomarBrasindo said:

Yeah, s6 is just better

nah it doesn't (15 charector limit)
Nov 8, 2022 1:45 AM
Oct 2022
LordIsagi said:
Potatoboy11 said:

I don't watch mid.

mid according to YOU
Nov 8, 2022 2:00 AM
Apr 2022
LordIsagi said:
lmao no, don't be hard copium fan pls
Nov 8, 2022 2:02 AM
Apr 2022
Night_Shade31 said:
lmao catch 1 hard copium fan. Blue Lock isn't even big franchise same as Haikyuu and keep call it better lmao
Nov 8, 2022 2:04 AM

Mar 2012
KanataX said:
ApoorvaSingh1303 said:

ive read the manga till around 170 ik it gets better at a certain point but it also becomes significantly ass towards the later half and unless something magical happens later on it's going to be mid

im the king of predicting anime, one magical thing will be for sure chigiri have some hidden broken power/weapon. bachira too with his monster.
this monster shit will also might be relevant specially with the mc.
Nov 8, 2022 2:09 AM
Sep 2021
Blue Lock is pretty average, how can an average anime be anime of the season🤔 I'd vouch for Bocchi the Rock, Bleach, Mob or Chainsaw Man🔥
Nov 8, 2022 2:09 AM

Sep 2020
Not gonna be infatuated with useless titles but Blue lock is definitely one of my favorite anime airing this season.

"𝒮𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒𝓈, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓂𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝓌𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝑒𝒽𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊."- 𝑅𝑒𝒾 𝒦𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓎𝒶𝓂𝒶

Nov 8, 2022 2:18 AM
Oct 2022
Human is so toxic.
Nov 8, 2022 2:48 AM

Mar 2021
A_Random_Dude_12 said:
Potatoboy11 said:

if u never heard of something then one is unable to rate it. so if I would say my fav Sport is Haikyu or something like that I could be completely right if I just watched it + a few other sports. Also your "best" doesn't need to be his/ her/ my/ any "best". it's good that u found something u like but u don't need to press it to everyone

We're not talking about "our favorite shows".
Nov 8, 2022 3:15 AM
Mar 2021
lehuy0210 said:
Night_Shade31 said:
lmao catch 1 hard copium fan. Blue Lock isn't even big franchise same as Haikyuu and keep call it better lmao

You compare two titles with different time of their Releases. Haikyu has puplished in 2012,the first Anime season was aired in 2014. OF COURSE, Haikyu has the bigger franchise. Give Blue Lock their time so you can see how big this franchise can get.
It's clear, that a title get much more recognition with an Anime Adaption. Recently, only few episodes were released of Blue Lock but Merchandise like figures Etc. were announced in the past weeks. It's something big in this Genre because it's really hard to find anything like that for lesser known sportstitles.
So to say Blue Lock isn't a big franchise is clearly dumb. Compared to well known title like Haikyu, Kuroko no Basket or Free - Yeah it's not that big but these Anime were published years ago. So it makes sense that the franchise would be bigger than blue lock, which only started this season. Give it 1 or 2 years and you will see, how big this franchise can get.
Nov 8, 2022 3:18 AM
Apr 2022
ChellMamue said:
lehuy0210 said:

You compare two titles with different time of their Releases. Haikyu has puplished in 2012,the first Anime season was aired in 2014. OF COURSE, Haikyu has the bigger franchise. Give Blue Lock their time so you can see how big this franchise can get.
It's clear, that a title get much more recognition with an Anime Adaption. Recently, only few episodes were released of Blue Lock but Merchandise like figures Etc. were announced in the past weeks. It's something big in this Genre because it's really hard to find anything like that for lesser known sportstitles.
So to say Blue Lock isn't a big franchise is clearly dumb. Compared to well known title like Haikyu, Kuroko no Basket or Free - Yeah it's not that big but these Anime were published years ago. So it makes sense that the franchise would be bigger than blue lock, which only started this season. Give it 1 or 2 years and you will see, how big this franchise can get.
im already write "even", did u see ? Also i don't think sport genre still alive in 2024 or 2025 lmao
Nov 8, 2022 3:26 AM
Mar 2021
lehuy0210 said:
ChellMamue said:

im already write "even", did u see ? Also i don't think sport genre still alive in 2024 or 2025 lmao

Doesn't change my say that your comparison is dumb because of what I said.
Nov 8, 2022 3:29 AM
Apr 2022
ChellMamue said:
lehuy0210 said:

lmao this is anime thread, random guy compare anime aired 5 eps to anime had 4 seasons and say it better. U call his comparision is intelligent ?
Nov 8, 2022 3:34 AM
Mar 2021
lehuy0210 said:
ChellMamue said:

lmao this is anime thread, random guy compare anime aired 5 eps to anime had 4 seasons and say it better. U call his comparision is intelligent ?

I also don't agree with it. To compare those both in this state is completely dumb. Comparison of the Manga would make more sense. I only comment to your post, so sry that I blame you for this🙏🏻
Nov 8, 2022 3:37 AM
Jul 2018
LordIsagi said:

First of all, Blue Lock isn't even close to "Best Sports Anime/Manga" title watch more sports anime like: Haikyuu!, Kuruko no Basket and SlamDunk (Manga).

2. I don't think actually no one thinks, "This is the best anime airing this season."
Anime like Bleach, Chainsaw Man 'n Boku no Hero Academia won't even let Blue Lock grab #3 place.

Plus, People are disappointed with Blue Lock's anime adaption (including me) I've read Blue Lock and it's anime adaptation is not what fans were expecting.
I won't call it bad but It needs lil more improvement.
Nov 8, 2022 4:07 AM
Jun 2015
Its an edgy boring battle royale. And japan doesnt even know its proper name lol Futbol, not soccer.
Nov 8, 2022 5:19 AM

Feb 2021
Bocchi the Rock exists, but Blue Lock is pretty good.

shane_nichols said:
Its an edgy boring battle royale. And japan doesnt even know its proper name lol Futbol, not soccer.
Football and soccer literally mean the exact same thing.
Nov 8, 2022 5:21 AM

Jan 2009
Mob Psycho Finale gets my vote
Nov 8, 2022 5:52 AM

Dec 2021
It's a great show, but then again this season is absolutely PACKED with phenomenal shows. So probably not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2022 6:03 AM

Oct 2020
When we have Pop Team Epic II? Impossible 🫡
Nov 8, 2022 6:20 AM
Jun 2015
MadanielFL said:

shane_nichols said:
Maybe so, but Soccer isnt its name
Nov 8, 2022 6:29 AM

Feb 2021
shane_nichols said:
MadanielFL said:

Maybe so, but Soccer isnt its name
Soccer is literally just short for association football...
Nov 8, 2022 7:12 AM
Oct 2022
Haikyuu bigger franchise??..wtf...before anime..i didn't see anyone hyping its manga at all..while Blue Lock from the start already have quite a fanbase for its manga😅
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

183 by luvasaden »»
Yesterday, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Nov 5, 2022

214 by jackiw1950 »»
Jun 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2023

345 by Saidhiraj18 »»
Jun 5, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

133 by ooospooky »»
Jun 3, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Blue Lock Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2023

165 by ooospooky »»
May 31, 1:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.