Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (54) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2022 11:03 AM

May 2020
FINALLYYYY, BEEN WAITING FOR SOOOOO LONG
Oct 11, 2022 11:03 AM
May 2020
Idk, feels cheap .
Oct 11, 2022 11:04 AM
Swagger
Jun 2020
Looking forward to the next episode
Apr 2013
amazing animation. mappa always kills it
Aug 2021
deg said:
the 3DCG is very good its not low FPS like many 3DCG in other anime and 3DCG is always use to speed up production process anyway since MAPPA is a busy studio like they also have Attack on Titan Finale, Vinland Saga Season 2 and Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 coming up

the only problem i feel is that the pacing is slow like Ufotable Demon Slayer pacing slow since both manga of Chainsaw Man and Demon Slayer are fast pace experiences

MakiMAMA is sexy hot

the OP and ED are great especially the OP song and its visuals and animation

the animation is movie quality its slightly better than the first episode of Bleach Finale hopefully they can maintain this high level animation until the end

and lol Denji being the dog of MakiMAMA in this screenshot lets go WOOF WOOF WOOF!

MAKIMAMA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Jun 2020
it was really great

Mar 2021
the opening was good, the chainsaw sounds were quite accurate, makima's voice was fitting, potchita was so precious and cute, the CGI wasn't half bad and the artstyle and coloring were on point.

now about the flaws with this episode:
first of all the episode felt way too slow with many unimportant/useless scenery, chainsaw man is a very very high paced manga, with action almost every other chapter, but the anime didn't quite do that, the episode felt way too slow with little progression in 20 minutes, now i am assuming that would be the case with only the first episode and i hope so.

second the CGI, now i said the CGI wasn't half bad but it wasn't unnoticeable too, you could tell CGI from handrawn clearly but it was very manageable until it just wasn't, when they get to the zombie devil literally everything is CGI and really brought down the overall feel and quality of the show for me and felt like the animators didn't give it enough work/attention and just slammed everything with CGI, now again i hope this is only the case with the first episode and gets better from here, since i really liked the manga and want to see a great anime adaption.

I had high expectations for this and i can't say that they were met but that doesn't mean i lost all hope for this anime because i don't want to. I'll be scoring it a 7/10 because i read the manga and seeing panels animated felt really cool but if i hadn't read it, it would be a 6/10. will still definitely look out for next week's episode though.
Oct 11, 2022 11:05 AM
Apr 2021
What an amazing start to the show and I love the Denji and Makima
Oct 11, 2022 11:05 AM

Jun 2020
The zombie fight looked better in the trailer. Kinda surprised they used CGI. Don't know if the main characters is going to become annoying because of the "I just want a girlfriend" thing. I hope they don't go full degenerate route for him.
Oct 11, 2022 11:06 AM
Jan 2018
Makima ohhh ooooohhhhhhh (T o T)
Oct 11, 2022 11:06 AM

Jun 2020
fire episode , i would like to see more gore
the royal navy works controlthe azur lane
Oct 11, 2022 11:07 AM
Apr 2022
BetterTaste said:
HrRex said:

Sounds like you might be trying a little bit to hard to be different. I'm not even a super fan of KNY or JJK but you really sound like you had the intention of disliking these animes before you watched them. Either ways to each his own.

Sounds like you might be trying a little bit to hard to put a negative label of me. If this idea was supposed to make any sort of sense, I wouldn't even have liked the start of each show like I mentioned. Either way to each his own.

Alright calm down. Look you're entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. And my opinion, is that you're trying to be different. I mean your username is Bettertaste; whether that's a joke or not, I don't know, but sounds like a serious red flag. Maybe, just Maybe, shonen simply isn't for you. That's an angle to consider.
Oct 11, 2022 11:08 AM
Jan 2022
dont get me wrong i enjoyed it, the animation looked great, but when it came to the fight scenes all i could focus on was the horrible cgi, maybe i set my expectations to high considering this is the studio that did wonders with anime like JJK.
Nov 2020
Opening : 10/10
Visual : 9.5/10
Audio : 10/10
Plot : 8/10

I'm not a fan of manga even CSM is the first manga i read until now the 2nd volume, but talk about episode 1.. Me personally more preferred manga than anime for the dramatic vibes like when Denji hug Chainsawman and complaint about his dream, when they are in a rubbish bin and Denji make contract with the Chainsaw devil, and when Makima hug Denji when he's about to fall.. Their audio is perfect, but i think something's either missing or not on point that i feel Manga > Anime for this episode. But that audio is god works, very impressive !

May 2015
They did such a good storyboarding this. Shingo Yamashita also did a wonderful job on the opening too. Not exactly my preference but it fits the series so well. 11/10 and the whole CGI being bad leak can go to hell. This episode was visually close to perfection

Apr 2020
what just happened in last 5min. what an episode lol. best pilot episode of this year. i am confused is it supposed to be a movie or what. doesn't feels like a episodic anime. there is few censorship . i need the blueray
Oct 11, 2022 11:09 AM
Aug 2017
woof woof woof woof
Oct 11, 2022 11:09 AM
Dec 2020
CHAINSAW MAN NE MANO
Oct 11, 2022 11:10 AM

May 2021
Watched it in my hostel room with at lest 6 other people, all waiting for this to drop. Therefore, probably enjoyed this more than I usually would have. OP and ED are cool but I was a bit too spoiled by Samuel Kim's fan-made soundtrack.

Oct 11, 2022 11:10 AM
Jan 2020
HOLY SHIT HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT
Oct 11, 2022 11:11 AM
Aug 2017
woof woof woof woof

Oct 2018
Its finally out!

Idk if they're adapting all of part 1 of the manga but im excited to see how the anime is gonna turn out!
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Feb 2021
Now it's safe to say that the first episode Lived up to it's incredible hype!
But could we make Chainsaw Man popularity bit higher. If it stays on rank 1 on MAL even if it's not for long. Like bleach doing right now talking 1st place. So, lets us also do like bleach it and make Chainsaw shine 🤝💯

Nov 2018
My favourite part of the episode

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jan 2021
Okay wow, this CGI is really good, visually it also looks amazing.

Denji starts out broke and living in an old thing (forgot the name) but he works for someone as a Devil Hunter until he literally gets stabbed in the back, he only wants to live an happy and peaceful live, but after he has been shredded to pieces he gets saved by Pochita, Pochita literally jumps into his body and he comes back alive and kills everyone in that barn/room.

Denji is only trying to pay off his debt it feels like but looks like the man became a zombie as well lol (if i saw it clearly).

Makima grants him 2 wishes, either he dies as a zombie or works for her and gets food on the table and Denji obviously choose the food path because he has been eating bread for idk how long.

Interesting to see how this will unfold, Denji working for Public Safety Bureau and helping Makima.

Anyhow first ep was so good, OP & ED slaps.
Oct 11, 2022 11:12 AM
Jan 2021
woofwoof wrrrrwwrwrwrrwrchainsaw chainsaw
Jul 2017
The fight scenes were really bad, otherwise the episode was great
Mar 2013
CGI looks horrible, unforgivable MAPPA...
with a black ED and no visuals? seriously?
how much did these guys pay for those bands
Nov 2021
rlly cool and gory and stuff

May 2020
I was not expecting this episode to be hitting me this hard about how sad Denji's life is. I decide to rate it a 5 stars, despite my criticize for the fighting scene towards the end of the episode. The cinematic vibe of the visual show us the ambition from Mappa to reach the height to be the very best studio. The fighting scenes are where this episode disappoint me a a bit. Like with how hyped and enthusiastic they have been advertising the series, as if they are confident that it will be opening a new era of anime, I was a bit disappointing at how they animate the fight. Fate Zero was a breakthrough at the time it was streamed, and UBW as well as HF will be what I define to be the current maximum height of how excellently animated the fighting scenes can be. CSM so far, in ep 1 for the fighting scene, was slightly off the target it is aiming for. It is not bad and definitely looks cool, that's for sure. But for a series like CSM, I am expeciting alot more than this. It is definitely far away form a visual breakthrough or evolution from predecessors like Ufotable's works in particular ( for the fighting scene). Don't mistaken me to be one of those who hates on popular Shounen anime with the majority of my comment about how I expect more from the fighting animation. The episode overall, excluding the fighting animation and CGI, was superb. Bring out the miserable life of Denji perfectly. I also love the cinematic vibe of the visual, and the background music as well. It's a very good start other than the slightly disappointing fighting scene. It's too early to judge where CSM will reach, but so far I guess it is okay for fans to be hyping for what's upcoming next in later episodes. Because I am as well.

Powah, Powah, Powah
Feb 2017
so impressed i came in my pants
Aug 2021
OH GOD I LOVE THIS SCENE RIGHT HERE

Apr 2020
The animation is Godly! Audio is pleasing af, "It was perfect. Perfect. Everything. Down to the last minute details"
Definitely gonna break the internet
Also WOOF WOOF! for Makima
Jul 2022
Oct 11, 2022 11:13 AM
Sep 2020
the animation and the music were really good, and im glad it is following along the manga well in addition i really like the pacing of the anime
*hug noises*

May 2013
CGI is a bit eh, too much excessive gore imo and the whole chainsaw transformation is also a bit silly, feels more like another thing you'd expect an isekai protagonist to reincarnate into lol

That aside, interesting setting at least. I presume it has potential given the source's reputation but only time will tell

Nov 2017
Woah so good. This is the best anime in this season.

Oct 11, 2022 11:14 AM
Dec 2021
Just fantastic in everyway
Oct 11, 2022 11:14 AM

Jul 2017
A pretty entertaining start for arguably one of the most popular anime of all time-to be. It definitely will hit that level, given the amount of hype it had previously before even airing and now you get MAPPA's efforts mixed with it too. The CG was a bit inconsistent with some parts looking good and some looking awkward, but the cinematic shots were great and the voice acting for Denji was near-perfect for the kind of character he is and I envisioned his voice to be. The lighting and color palettes were good too, still wish the artstyle felt a bit more distinctive, unique and gritty (and more different from Jujutsu Kaisen) but MAPPA still did a solid enough job overall with bringing the manga to life in the best way that they could. MAPPA's clearly cinematic vision for this episode shined in different areas for sure, definitely felt like a Fujimoto adaptation that way.

There was huge amount of anticipation for this so the expectations were really high. While it's no masterpiece in the first episode and won't be for the start of the whole manga, Chainsaw Man at least delivered a solid product for the first episode and did its job to create even more hype and buzz worldwide for upcoming episodes. The anime actually made me a bit more invested in Denji's character than the start of the manga, with how the staff paced the episode out slowly till the breaking point was hit, and with the voice acting too being stellar. Kensuke Ushio also did a hell of a job with the soundtrack of this episode.
Oct 11, 2022 11:15 AM

Aug 2015
Didn't like that the OP was used in the first episode.

I liked everything else.
Oct 11, 2022 11:15 AM

Dec 2015
HrRex said:
BetterTaste said:

Sounds like you might be trying a little bit to hard to put a negative label of me. If this idea was supposed to make any sort of sense, I wouldn't even have liked the start of each show like I mentioned. Either way to each his own.

Alright calm down. Look you're entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. And my opinion, is that you're trying to be different. I mean your username is Bettertaste; whether that's a joke or not, I don't know, but sounds like a serious red flag. Maybe, just Maybe, shonen simply isn't for you. That's an angle to consider.

And I just showed why your opinion was nonsensical and a lie. Will I respect the fact that you like those shows? Sure. Will I respect that you made something up to cope why someone doesn't agree with you? No. On the moment I have 2 shounen as my favorite shows, this other theory is also a lie. Maybe, just maybe, those show I've mentioned are mediocre. That's an angle to consider
Oct 11, 2022 11:16 AM
Mar 2020
Amazing show already, can't wait for Chainsaw Man Tuesdays. Anime of the year material right here
Oct 11, 2022 11:17 AM

Dec 2020
I love the mc, The action, The gore

EVERYTHING WAS SO GOOD IN THIS EPISODE

Jan 2017
I love love LOVED IT except for the cgi, that was... wonky and csm action scene didn't look as smooth as it could have been bUT then again maybe they're saving the budget for later... (or not, we'll see)

But otherwise, PURE FIRE!! The opening looked sick!! And Makima my beLOVEEEDDDD

Jun 2020
Damn. That was great. The soundtrack during the fight was amazing. Can't wait for the rest of the season
Oct 11, 2022 11:18 AM
Mar 2021
Just amazing. The best art style I've seen. I loved the quiet moments when you can just admire the scene.
Oct 11, 2022 11:18 AM
Jul 2019
first episode really reopened my love for chainsaw man. i hope everybody loves it as much as i do :)
Oct 11, 2022 11:19 AM
Feb 2019
I had goosebumps even though I already knew what was going to happen! Hope it will keep this level until the end!
Sep 2021
I think the animation was good but manga is better

Jan 2021
Everything was amazing, the voice acting, visuals, and Makima.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Pages (54) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

990 by _ruxir_ »»
Yesterday, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1142 by ssjzachary »»
May 29, 4:35 PM

» Crunchyroll awards

Naveen6662246 - May 22

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
May 27, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

591 by thatlittlefox »»
May 24, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

860 by RafaKojiro »»
May 12, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.