Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2022 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Tbh, everything in this show is a team effort if they want to make their group work. Bringing together a song isn't easy.

Yukine and the others may be new to this but they have to work hard. In particular, Yukine needs to kept it together. Seems she's the most emotional character out of this cast.
Sep 6, 2022 10:56 AM

Jul 2017
So, Yukine at her beginning stage when she was part of TINGS, and it's utterly clear that the former Manager Yuki didn't give them a lot to start with, but through the group's brainstorming to get things going. And since Yukine is the only one whom has a firm grasp due to her skills as an actress, she naturally assumes the leader's position to help bond everyone together.

But with the way that TINGS is like, Yukine's goals of becoming an idol that's a journey start from scratch can feel rough. At times, she can feel like she's holding back, but that's part of her charm as well that only Momiji can look past the façade at let her be herself. She's a brutal working horse, that's for sure.

Things were going well for the 5 girls, until Momiji broke the silence. And as surmised, even as a full group, Haru is not being utilized much, but it's not like it's Yukine's fault that Haru didn't verbalize as much, for someone whom watches idol concerts and want to be part of the mesmerizing effect as well. Haru CAN perform well, but her skills are on a whole other level and Manager Yuki knows it, and all of these to Yukine feels like all her effort was for nothing, and that's why she announced that Yukine and Momiji go together as the "intimidating" rival group Yukimoji to challenge Haru.

Right now, it's clear that Haru is the bottleneck of TINGS, and she's been severely held back by Yukine instead, but her true story is one that will shock them all: a reject member that came from another idol group.

Honestly, the story needn't go to such lengths, but this is what separates this show from the rest of the stereotypical idol shows. It's getting better from here on out.
Sep 6, 2022 10:56 AM

Feb 2019
Shinepost Tuesdays!

Man what an episode.

So Haru’s the Beyoncé of the group and is so OP that she has to hold back for fear of making everyone else insecure? Idk I feel like there’s way better ways of handling that. Having someone that much better than you in your group is a huge motivation and could help the others grow a lot.

I’m guessing she caused a lot of friction within her last group which made her leave, change her appearance and never wanna go all out again, but being honest with her friends would help fix that issue. Excited to see what happened in the past and how everything gets resolved next week.

Episode 9 drops as regular and then a two week delay for the next ep

Glad to see the score going up for this show too. One of the best new idol projects in the past few years for sure.
Marinate1016Sep 6, 2022 11:02 AM
Sep 6, 2022 11:00 AM

Feb 2020
So, now we know what really happened with Yukine and Momiji. That was a very interesting backstory.

And another backstory coming up. This show is just getting better and better.

SerafosSep 6, 2022 12:24 PM
Sep 6, 2022 11:01 AM

Apr 2014
Everything was a plan by the president. That was very interesting how they will get Haru back, how to make her serious about the performance and how this drama will be resolved.
my 2 cents, Haru was HY:RAIN member.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 6, 2022 11:30 AM

Mar 2021
So Haru was previously in another Idol group before TINGS its gonna be interesting to find out what happened before
Sep 6, 2022 12:47 PM

Apr 2010
During the week I theorized that Haru was part of HY:RAIN before given she's clearly a childhood friend of that group center, and her constant odd reacting to the idol group name.

Seems like I hit it.
Sep 6, 2022 2:16 PM

Nov 2019
Backstory reveal, poor Yukine and Momiji not managing to see Haru's serious idol side

Haru certainly has connections HY:RAIN....

Wonder how this'll wrap up, and how the girls' morale will be after the reveals
Sep 6, 2022 4:38 PM

Dec 2013
That's some kindness that hurts from Haru, she loves being an idol and more specifically within a group but I imagine her talent grew some jealousy on her former group until the rest couldn't keep going, Momiji was actually the one that noticed the real Haru.

It was kinda funny Kyouka and Rio's "Rivals? girls you kept helping us and being our unmeasurable support and firm pillar, just without all the nagging."
KanameYuukiSep 6, 2022 4:49 PM
Sep 6, 2022 5:52 PM

Jul 2012

H - Nabatame, Haru

Y - Naekawa, Yawara

R - Kurogane, Ren

A - Karabayashi, Aoba

I - Karabayashi, Itoha

N - Hiumi, Nanoka

Hyrain was a group of 6 counting with Haru, she left the group and the logo is with H erased ... just like the change that had in Tings with G and I .
slyfferSep 6, 2022 5:56 PM
Sep 6, 2022 6:12 PM
Mar 2022
It turns out my hunch is right when I saw these 2 during the rewatch of Episode 1 and why H was crossed out in the logo.
BuraotSep 6, 2022 6:22 PM
Sep 6, 2022 6:35 PM
Jan 2021
So this is what the OP means, she just saw on Haru, not in anyone others ...
Wow, Rakuda-sensei, you have just upgraded your skills in writing since Oresuki ...
Thank you Straight Edge-san ...

slyffer said:

H - Nabatame, Haru

Y - Naekawa, Yawara

R - Kurogane, Ren

A - Karabayashi, Aoba

I - Karabayashi, Itoha

N - Hiumi, Nanoka

Hyrain was a group of 6 counting with Haru, she left the group and the logo is with H erased ... just like the change that had in Tings with G and I .

Damn, Rakuda-sensei just flexs his writing skill even better than Lycoris Recoil's author ...
teofilusSWSep 6, 2022 7:04 PM
Sep 6, 2022 10:51 PM

Nov 2012
I expected Haru to be a natural genius, but they went for the former idol route, thats nice!
Poor Yukine, she's the real leader, she deserves all the love!
So Ren is the girl Manager is always talking to, right? And Haru is either Ren's ex-teammate or ex-rival, they must have a connection, man, can't wait for the next ep!!!!

My Candies:

Sep 6, 2022 10:54 PM

Nov 2012
slyffer said:

H - Nabatame, Haru

Y - Naekawa, Yawara

R - Kurogane, Ren

A - Karabayashi, Aoba

I - Karabayashi, Itoha

N - Hiumi, Nanoka

Buraot said:
It turns out my hunch is right when I saw these 2 during the rewatch of Episode 1 and why H was crossed out in the logo.

Madlads! I didnt catch and remember that moment from ep 1! Now all is clear! (except the backstory oc)

My Candies:

Sep 7, 2022 12:19 AM

Apr 2010
knktzvra said:
I expected Haru to be a natural genius, but they went for the former idol route, thats nice!
So Ren is the girl Manager is always talking to, right? And Haru is either Ren's ex-teammate or ex-rival, they must have a connection, man, can't wait for the next ep!!!!

Manager talks with Hotaru (the top idol), he got no connection with HY:RAIN as far as we know.
Sep 7, 2022 12:45 AM

Nov 2012
TiagoCosta said:
knktzvra said:

Manager talks with Hotaru (the top idol), he got no connection with HY:RAIN as far as we know.

Oh I forgot about her, the top idol who inspired all the girls, I see!
For the way she talks with him, I had a clear image of Ren making some pun faces and stuff, but you're probably right.

My Candies:

Sep 7, 2022 2:24 AM
Mar 2022
knktzvra said:
slyffer said:

H - Nabatame, Haru

Y - Naekawa, Yawara

R - Kurogane, Ren

A - Karabayashi, Aoba

I - Karabayashi, Itoha

N - Hiumi, Nanoka

Buraot said:

Madlads! I didnt catch and remember that moment from ep 1! Now all is clear! (except the backstory oc)

Yeah. Now the question is: wtf happened to these 2?
Sep 7, 2022 2:45 AM

Nov 2012
Buraot said:

Would it be the same? Haru was too good, worked harder than Ren who was the leader or they didnt agree on how they wanted to work in the group, like their dream, then they had a fight and Haru decided to leave for the sake of the group?

Or maybe the opposite? She was the worst one and she left thinking she was just a nuisance to the group? Probably not, since Manager-kun said she has a talent like almost nobody else in the industry does

Maybe something not related to the group? Like an accident with fans, an injury, a case of depression, family stuff, there's a lot of possibilities

My Candies:

Sep 7, 2022 3:15 AM
Mar 2022
knktzvra said:
Buraot said:

Would it be the same? Haru was too good, worked harder than Ren who was the leader or they didnt agree on how they wanted to work in the group, like their dream, then they had a fight and Haru decided to leave for the sake of the group?

Or maybe the opposite? She was the worst one and she left thinking she was just a nuisance to the group? Probably not, since Manager-kun said she has a talent like almost nobody else in the industry does

Maybe something not related to the group? Like an accident with fans, an injury, a case of depression, family stuff, there's a lot of possibilities

yeah. cant wait for the next episode. this is a fun anime. i cant predict the twists and the designs are good. (except for the see through effect. :D)
Sep 7, 2022 5:39 AM

Mar 2014
how do you create a character that substantially surpasses other group members?
-make her be extraordinary and untouchable LOL
Sep 7, 2022 6:18 AM

Jul 2021
Holy shit just causally dropping a bomb at the end there.

Haru belonging to another idol group previously explains her exceptional skills. She's already been through what the other 4 are going through for the first time and probably has a lot of experience.

The TINGS backstory was pretty great and it was executed very well. We got up to date with the backstory which explained us why Haru is holding back and Haru even admitted to holding back and how if she gives her 100% she'll hurt everyone. I can understand where Haru is coming from and I don't blame her one bit for doing what she's doing. Though it's kind of a slap in the face for Yukine and Momiji, Haru holding back constantly reminds them that they are still not good enough.

I wonder what was the reason for Haru straight away joining a rookie idol group when she previously belonged to a big-shot group. Was she kicked? Did she leave by herself to not hurt her previous idol group? I woner what could be the reason.

But basically at least 4 out of 5 members reason for becoming an idol is Hotaru's performance, that's quite a coincidence and pretty great. Given how they are showing Hotaru as so good, I hope we get few more performances of her.

And what was Yukine thinking lol, she IS cute.

Excellent episode overall, one of the best ones. Looking forward to next one.

and the anime visual suddenly makes a lot of sense now.
TsutanaiFuunSep 7, 2022 6:24 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 8, 2022 8:38 AM

Jun 2016
very very interesting !!
Sep 8, 2022 5:59 PM

Aug 2018
...WHAT?!
Well, we see what the TINGS group was like from Yukine's perspective. Yukine is the one who helped in everything and also acted in being someone cool and stuff. And Momiji realized that, that she also told her that she's pretty, which she is.
And everything was fine, they practiced and it went well their choreography. The thing is that Momiji saw something strange in Haru, she said that to Yukine, it seems that she is not giving all of herself. And when they were looking for her, they saw her practicing in a different way than she was practicing. Yuki-san told them that she didn't show everything because she didn't want to leave them behind, and tells them to join them as rivals of TINGS to prove that they are strong.
And back to the present, Haru says that she can't do that and left, Kyouka and Rio don't believe them at all and just appeared Yuki-san asking them the key question, what did Haru do before entering TINGS? She was in another group of Idols, the last approach...she was in THAT group????

Here, many images xd
Sep 16, 2022 9:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Haru is too good of an idol because she was from another idol band before and she had to hide her skills which caused Yukine and Momiji to leave to be their rival so she could show her skills eventually... that's kinda weird but it works, I'm curious to hear more about Haru's past now
Oct 7, 2022 10:27 AM

Nov 2021
Bruhh, Yukine doing an Itachi for TINGS' sake. In a single ep they've reversed Haru and Yukine's portrayals. It's now hard to label which of them can be considered as the antagonist for TINGS split as they each have a valid reason as to why they consented with the split.

If only this was revealed much later as with Itachi, this would have so much impact.

Now, that every girl has been the main focus of at least an episode, who is your favorite TINGS member?

I love their TINGS hand sign

Oct 26, 2022 10:12 AM

Apr 2011
Haru is just too nice. So she's on another level that made the girls feel hurt so she decides to quit eh? And she was chosen to be center too. But even so she hurt the two members, as well
when they saw her serious performance.
Jul 9, 4:34 PM

Jul 2022
unfortunately, I did indulge in spoilersss before watching this episode and it was all too great when I realised that HY:RAIN was composed out of the lead singers' initials, soo even though my shock factor was like a mini "wow", it still blew me away how the story managed to integrate something so integral. Now I understand Haru better and why she won't take her work so 'seriously'. It was nice to know that she cares so much about her fellow idols wanting to succeed in their own way so badly that she would even suppress her talent to ensure that.

eek, I feel like I'm finishing this a bit too quickly...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2022

27 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 8, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2022

24 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 8, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2022

53 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 5, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2022

33 by RGreatDanton »»
Jun 12, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2022

40 by Pensei »»
Apr 26, 10:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.