Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 27, 2022 6:59 PM

Jun 2020
Shirogane's situation is such a feel like it's hard to choose an outfit if you don't have clothes like how are you going to make a masterpiece with garbage

I kind of like the manga panels added to certain parts in the scene it makes it feel authentic in a way, Actual news like this is the first time I've seen Kaguya so direct with her feelings, So it all comes down from here I can't wait to see what's next.
May 27, 2022 7:16 PM
Dec 2017
lmao the bgm before ed played sounds like kimi no nawa , zenzenzen.
May 27, 2022 7:41 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
As the narrator said at the end, the school festival arc has begun, or I thought it already did lol, but it’s shaping up to be a great one, you can see all the pieces moving into place this episode and anyone can tell it’s gonna be hell of a climax, I’m very excited to see what happens.

I did really love the Kei part of the episode too, it’s tough love but she definitely loves her brother, loved the close up of her smiling as her friends talked fondly of him, it was also hilarious when she was criticizing Shirogane and their dad for their style lol.

Also lol, Osaragi got a man huh, unexpected, the school festival magic is in full effect. Also the Shawshank Ishigami lol, nice reference there.
May 27, 2022 8:08 PM
Jan 2018
Episode keep getting spicier and spicier. The moonwatch analogy was clever!! "someone who want to reach the moon", and Kaguya = moon
May 27, 2022 8:51 PM
Oct 2019
I am hyped for the remainder of the season. Great episode as always.
May 27, 2022 8:59 PM
Mar 2021
Filami said:
The song playing before the ending is REALLY similar to Radwimps' Zenzenzense. May that be a Your Name reference?

Not to mention the shot with Kaguya and Miyuki at the end
May 27, 2022 9:21 PM
Oct 2021
the manga like shots probably were the best thing about the ep(the ending too).
May 27, 2022 9:37 PM
Jun 2019
Another week, another absolute banger of an episode.

Kei Shirogane uses the force

You’re right Kei, we do live in a society.

Here! Have a blushing Kei.

Kei is such a tsundere.

SHE FINALLY ADMITS IT!! LET’S FORKING GO!!

Manga chapter

PS: They skipped chapter 121 of the manga, adapting chapters 119, 120, and 122. But don’t worry, it won’t affect the cultural activity arc.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
May 27, 2022 9:52 PM
May 2022
The best episode of the season for me. 5/5
May 27, 2022 9:55 PM

Jun 2017
Whoever made this episode must really love karekano. The whole direction style in this one is one of the biggest homages to Hideaki Anno's old works I've ever seen in anime. Glad there are people in the industry that love and appreciate some of the classic rom-coms too. I rarely post on this website anymore, but seeing that just made me so happy I had to make a post about it x)

It's especially funny because they use a lot of the manga-panel-like panning shots, which I have always assumed were Anno's way of cutting corners in the production, but here you see them done completely intentionally. Brings me back so much nostalgia from watching karekano back in the day, I still hold hope that one day Anno will return to directing TV anime.

Did anyone else catch the homages while watching? Just curious
May 27, 2022 10:04 PM

Jun 2021
I love Kei, she's such a typical little sister. A little (very) annoyed with her brother and his oddities (whether it be questionable fashion sense or terribad rapping) but very (secretly) proud of him nevertheless. Her smile at the end of the segment was adorable.

Osaragi got game, who knew? The very mundane reveal and backstory to her relationship with the Squad Leader is hilarious.

Plot happened and apparently more plot is happening, so let's go Cultural Festival arc!!! Good luck to Kaguya and Shirogane, whatever they're planning.
May 27, 2022 11:17 PM
Mar 2021
Anyone knows the music that was played towards the very end of the episode?
May 27, 2022 11:26 PM

Dec 2020
shirogane's fashion sense was NOTTT what i expected oh mh god. i didnt think he'd have good fits but that was just..💀 NGL THO? the pieces on its own? i dig it. id wear some of it and comebine them with something else. but kei wanting to show off her brother was sooo cute lol

kaguya finally admitting her feelings out louddd!!! its embarassing yes but its also gives her relief. i can kinra relate. i "almost" liked this dude i was rly close friends with (almost bc i seriously held back my feelings bc i didnt want to ruin our perfectly fine friendship) and ive alr told him how i "almost" liked him but. i probably Did like him lmao

ishigami's part lmfaoooo😭😭 im so happy for this dude, i was also anxious with how close they were.

AND WITH THAT.. let the cultural festival begin!!!!!!
May 27, 2022 11:44 PM

Oct 2021
Finally! Story is finally reaching double confession arc....will they confess? i doubt it tbh. but i am getting bad feeling about Ishigami X Tsubame ship is going to sink, well not a problem cuz Miko suits him better.
May 28, 2022 12:02 AM

Jun 2020
Easily the best episode till now. 5/5
May 28, 2022 12:15 AM
May 2022
This is going to end with sadness i guess, can't wait for next episode......
May 28, 2022 12:37 AM

Oct 2013
Snot-nosed_Brat said:
Whoever made this episode must really love karekano. The whole direction style in this one is one of the biggest homages to Hideaki Anno's old works I've ever seen in anime. Glad there are people in the industry that love and appreciate some of the classic rom-coms too. I rarely post on this website anymore, but seeing that just made me so happy I had to make a post about it x)

It's especially funny because they use a lot of the manga-panel-like panning shots, which I have always assumed were Anno's way of cutting corners in the production, but here you see them done completely intentionally. Brings me back so much nostalgia from watching karekano back in the day, I still hold hope that one day Anno will return to directing TV anime.

Yeah, I was going to say this! The entire episode was a big love letter to KareKano and it's kind of a bummer that no one else here seems to know about that anime...

And yes, I also hope Anno someday comes back to tv anime or animation at least.
May 28, 2022 12:38 AM

Jan 2018
President Shirogane always go out in school uniform? Is that allowed?
May 28, 2022 2:11 AM
May 2014
Did no one realize the song that played in this episode was an obvious rip-off or reference to the song that plays in the trailer of "your name" ?
May 28, 2022 2:22 AM

May 2013
This season's priorities as an adaptation are so much worse than the previous two.

Edit: Looking back at the first season, I'm not so sure this holds true anymore.
fatdinosaurJul 24, 2022 12:30 AM
May 28, 2022 2:31 AM

Dec 2020
Ark_Evensong said:
Better safe than sorry:

Mentar said:
Assuming that you mean if the anime is ending...

Good to know we getting more Kaguya-sama (anime).
May 28, 2022 3:33 AM

Apr 2021
Miyuki's outfit was funny but hey Kei fixed it up!!! And yeah The Culture Festival's begun!!!! Can't wait to see how things'll go from here on out !!!
May 28, 2022 4:20 AM

Apr 2018
It's almost over, time to confess! Kaguya cheering up Ishigami was the best part of the episode, it'll go good for him hopefully. Kaguya also confessed that she likes him which is pretty big. Seems like everything will go down in the next few episodes.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 28, 2022 6:19 AM

Feb 2014
Miyuki's fashion sense was so patchy that even his dad's fashion sense was much better. XD

I can't blame Kei for getting pissed off about it. While her reasoning about what fashion works best was a bit unreliable and can be hugely subjective depending on the current trends or style of where you live, she did the right thing in getting him some new clothes and what she chose for him when he visted her school's festival was very nice. Her smile at the end of that segment was very cute, so her effort did pay off in the end. =)

After that, we finally got to the juicy part of the episode where Kaguya finally admits to Hayasaka that she does like Miyuki. Despite that, her pride was still at odds with her feelings whether to confess first or hold out for Miyuki to do the same, if he does. She did feel at ease when hearing about Ishigami's own struggles of wanting to confess to Tsubame and Kaguya did a great job in cheering him up and having him gain the confidence needed to take the first step towards asking Tsubame out. I hope it works out for him.

One thing I never saw coming was Miko's friend, Osaragi, actually started dating one of the popular guys in the cheerleading squad. Honestly, I'm happy for her. ^_^
May 28, 2022 6:45 AM
Jan 2021
Very cool episode! I actually only own 2 manga books in real life and it's of this particular arc so I'm very excited!!!

Personally, I thought it was strange that they used screenshots from manga panels, but people seem to like it so maybe I'm the odd one out haha ;;
May 28, 2022 7:16 AM

Oct 2016
Hngh, that was amazing, the build up and everything, fuck. All I gotta say is, let's fucking go, let the Culture Festival and Dual Confessions Arc begin.

Budget problems or visual creativity, I don't care either way, I really liked the inclusion of manga panels in some of the scenes. Well, this episode as a whole had some really good visual direction.
May 28, 2022 7:30 AM
Nov 2020
Did anyone notice that it sounded like they played Danger by The Flirts when Miyuki was choosing his outfit ? I could be wrong but that’s what it sounded like to me.
May 28, 2022 8:20 AM

Mar 2010
Hmmm so it seems like this could be the last season? damn imma have to just marathon the last 4 episodes

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 28, 2022 8:35 AM

Jul 2014
Snot-nosed_Brat said:

Thank you for pointing that out because that's really interesting to know. I thought the creative direction for this episode was done like this to just save up the budget for the bigger parts of the season or just for the sake of being artistic, but I didn't realize the effects and panning were references themselves! Shit's crazy.

Skimmed through the first episode and I can already see the inspiration lol.
TheBasedMakiMay 28, 2022 8:39 AM
May 28, 2022 8:39 AM
Nov 2021
fourscarsman said:
Wait a minute.

In this episode I've heard Tsubame said "shinzou wo sasageta" while telling Kaguya about the origin of The Devoted Hearts Festival and about "eternal love" jinx. Is it just me or anybody thinks that that phrase have similarity with (or maybe refers to) Attack on Titan's "shinzou wo sasageyo"?

Well, the official name for the Culture Festival is "Devoted Hearts Festival", after all.
May 28, 2022 8:48 AM
Apr 2020
Today's animation reminded me of Karekano's.... Culture festival full of hearts <3
May 28, 2022 9:10 AM

Jun 2019
Was it just me or someone else heard a kimi no na wa song on the last minutes of episode 8
May 28, 2022 9:23 AM
Apr 2022
every scene gets 10x better w papa shirogane in it
May 28, 2022 9:44 AM

Apr 2021
Outstanding episode, full of feelings and wholesome moments. Kei finally showing that she cares for her brother, Kaguya finally accepting her feelings and the unexpected Osaragi with a boyfriend.
May 28, 2022 9:46 AM

Apr 2021
kugje said:
Was it just me or someone else heard a kimi no na wa song on the last minutes of episode 8

Yeah it sounded similar, same happens with another song that sounds like "You spin me round".
May 28, 2022 10:02 AM

May 2015
That legend xDDDDDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 28, 2022 10:39 AM

Aug 2019
I’m really excited for this festival arc
May 28, 2022 1:02 PM

Jan 2020
A lot of what I assume is manga panels utilized in this episode.

The bit at the beginning with Shirogane showing off his wardrobe was amusing. Pretty much any skit with Shirogane reacting to modern things is hilarious. I was half expecting that moon watch story to be bullshit. But, I guess it's legit?

I assume this festival arc will encompass the next four episodes and end this season off with an "ultra romantic" conclusion. I'm already hyped for season four.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

May 28, 2022 2:10 PM
Apr 2021
This episode was a BANGER!!
Cant believe I’d see a Shawshank Redemption reference in an anime but that was so well placed. Kaguya finally admitting her feelings caught me by surprise even after reading the manga. The Kimi No Nawa reference at the end got me so pumped for this festival arc!!!!
May 28, 2022 3:03 PM
Jan 2022
What was that ***AND*** by announcer at the end of episode?
May 28, 2022 3:24 PM
Jan 2022
amagirinomikoto said:
4 episodes left of this season - will they drag it out to another next season or will we actually get a confession??????????? (please dont actually answer)

i cant actually imagine them confessing to each other tho, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out (assuming that a confession happens this season. if not i will cry)

also i kinda wish some manga readers would stop casually dropping spoilers
True..Manga readers should be considerate about Anime onlys
..and Moderators should take strict action against open spoilers by manga readers
May 28, 2022 5:35 PM

Jul 2019
Finally, we've arrived at the peak of this season. Long-awaited for sure.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
May 28, 2022 8:04 PM

Oct 2015
Miyuki wearing those clothes... sheesh! Always appreciate the sister screentime.

I am having doubts those two, Kaguya and shirogane will confess to each other. If it happens, then it will be the end because this series plot is dependant on their game of chicken, if collapsed then bye bye show. I still doubt though.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 28, 2022 9:21 PM

Apr 2020
There is no going back, my fellow men and women, the exciting part has started, the occasion that we need to watch 3 seasons to get to the Hoshiin Cultural Festival Arc.

Kei is such an imouto with how she reacts to her brother's outfits. I can relate since the dynamic is so similar with what I have in real life, but I'll be honest Kei can be somewhat overreacting with her mood, Shirogane's 8th grader suit is so perfect. And I do find Miyuki's frugal reason to be touching, he works a lot just to make Kei fashionable, and to attain that is him sacrificing a lot of his wealth to her. So Kei buying him something decent is a reasonable payback.

Now Osaragi and Cheering Leader being together, when I first read the manga I was shocked, and even now I am. But hey it gives Ishigami a very wide door to confess to Tsubame, and the way he react is amazing. Will Kaguya have the same energy once he approaches Miyuki? Let's bet to see that!

Also honorable mentions to the cuts/frames they shown this episode. Maybe they're saving up the animation for later episodes, but it's funny to see some cuts from the actual manga, to the colored foreground, and some inspirations from Monogotari which is evident. Finally, that insert theme when Tsubame announces the start of the festival, kinda sounds like Radwimps playing, my ears and eyes are so on point for references today for some reason.

And....yeah it's going to be fun.
May 28, 2022 10:43 PM

Jan 2019
"Dual Confessions Arc"????

I'm literally shaking
May 29, 2022 2:11 AM

Jul 2020
we're getting there. final episode will be fire for sure
May 29, 2022 2:42 AM

Feb 2014
That shawshank reference with Ishigami.

But yeah, dual confessions culture festival arc is finally here and I'm literally shaking.
May 29, 2022 2:47 AM

Jun 2013
inserting that your name ost (it sounds the same so idk) before the ending song was such a good idea. VERY MUCH EXCITED, IT'S FINALLY HAPPENINGGG

sheeeesh
May 29, 2022 6:54 AM

Oct 2008
omg let's get ready for the Confession arc!!!
the next few eps might beat the karma of Spyxfam....lolz
5/5!!!

May 29, 2022 9:23 AM
Oct 2019
God damn Miyuki fashion taste was chunnibyou phase lmao

Bunkasai start!!
The finale Arc of the Season, Let's go!!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you prefer Love is War's Dub or Sub ( 1 2 )

Lost_Hearts - Jan 17

72 by sb_rocks »»
Today, 7:58 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Apr 2, 2022

337 by ToleratedToast6 »»
Sep 24, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LeilaFaeloria - Jun 25, 2022

519 by KoniginElle »»
Sep 21, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jun 24, 2022

425 by KoniginElle »»
Sep 16, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Ultra Romantic Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

410 by Xramadhan »»
Sep 15, 1:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.