Forum Settings
Forums

Is it possible for someone to be completely better than someone else?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 5, 2022 3:15 PM

Jul 2015
Cneq said:
Railey2 said:
You REALLY think you're that special, huh.
Once again, born in 1999. Your arrogance knows no bounds. Tell me again, what's your GPA? 6.66, wow I'm impressed, veeery well done son, you're such a smart kid.

Despite you calling me arrogant, I'm not the one flexing my "achievements" or throwing around my credentials. Not because I have none but because

a) they're none of your business
b) it's not relevant to the argument I'm making at all

But sure, maybe you can tell my arrogant self again what your GPA is? I forgot what it was, maybe you can remind me? Something above 6? Impressive. Weeeell done.

I love how people always reveal who they are when you poke and prod a little. You're Mr. "I might only be in my early 20s but my life could be transposed into a pretty massive biography and also look at my grades they're so good, also you're so arrogant omg".

ok I think I need to stop here, I'm about to fall out of my chair, laughing. Not that I didn't see this coming after your rant on how experts aint shit and how believing them is insanity. Only someone truly arrogant can spit in the face of real expertise and pretend to know better.
Aahahahah, what's that? Your own academic background is NOT relevant in a discussion about the credibility of experts? Why? Because you personally lack one? AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Also it's kind of ironic that the roles are reversed in which the non-expert is arguing with an expert on how experts are perfect and the experts is arguing to the contrary, quite poetic lmao

Mate come now, be honest and stop it with the:

"Not because I have none but because they're none of your business"

You clearly lack a academic background [and or are a dropout, go figure] and that is literally the reason for your ignorance/overestimation of experts which I clearly pointed out.

The fact you still seem unable to confront this point basically cements the fact you lack the integrity required for self-introspection and I honestly shouldn't be surprised. After all if you actually had integrity you most likely wouldn't be this ignorant and by extension not engaging in futile debates that are clearly over your head.

Take a step back, get educated and then maybe you'll be in a position for discourse.
That's a great talk, maybe you can transpose that into your massive biography as well? Big time.

Anyways, if you're done spazzing out (even hitting the caps lock for me)... my credentials aren't important because I'm not making an argument in a field where I claim to be an expert. Now, this might be a wild concept for someone like you, but whipping out your degree and jumping around while yelling about how smart you are doesn't usually make people believe you more when you're not even talking about something related to your specialization. Like saying "these meteorologists are wrong, btw I'm a doctor". What world do you live in?

And once again, it's so incredibly funny to me how someone calls me arrogant while flexing their GPA and then tells me that I'm the one who needs to introspect. Just to remind you: I was the one who said we should defer to the people who did the work and know their shit. You're the one to say "no, that's insanity, you should just pretend to know better and have your own opinion even when all of them tell you that you're wrong".

Who is the arrogant one? Surely not the GPA-flexing child whose life could be transposed into a pretty massive biography, yeah? (damn, I don't think that one will get old for quite some time).
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
May 5, 2022 3:33 PM

Jan 2017
Railey2 said:
Cneq said:
Aahahahah, what's that? Your own academic background is NOT relevant in a discussion about the credibility of experts? Why? Because you personally lack one? AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Also it's kind of ironic that the roles are reversed in which the non-expert is arguing with an expert on how experts are perfect and the experts is arguing to the contrary, quite poetic lmao

Mate come now, be honest and stop it with the:

"Not because I have none but because they're none of your business"

You clearly lack a academic background [and or are a dropout, go figure] and that is literally the reason for your ignorance/overestimation of experts which I clearly pointed out.

The fact you still seem unable to confront this point basically cements the fact you lack the integrity required for self-introspection and I honestly shouldn't be surprised. After all if you actually had integrity you most likely wouldn't be this ignorant and by extension not engaging in futile debates that are clearly over your head.

Take a step back, get educated and then maybe you'll be in a position for discourse.
That's a great talk, maybe you can transpose that into your massive biography as well? Big time.

Anyways, if you're done spazzing out (even hitting the caps lock for me)... my credentials aren't important because I'm not making an argument in a field where I claim to be an expert. Now, this might be a wild concept for someone like you, but whipping out your degree and jumping around while yelling about how smart you are doesn't usually make people believe you more when you're not even talking about something related to your specialization. Like saying "these meteorologists are wrong, btw I'm a doctor". What world do you live in?

And once again, it's so incredibly funny to me how someone calls me arrogant while flexing their GPA and then tells me that I'm the one who needs to introspect. Just to remind you: I was the one who said we should defer to the people who did the work and know their shit. You're the one to say "no, that's insanity, you should just pretend to know better and have your own opinion even when all of them tell you that you're wrong".

Who is the arrogant one? Surely not the GPA-flexing child whose life could be transposed into a pretty massive biography, yeah? (damn, I don't think that one will get old for quite some time).
Mate, you are sitting here debating on EXPERT CREDIBILITY while having the audacity to call someone a quote for quote "uneducated anti-intellectual conspiracy theorist with a basic education" and are surprised when said person is actually a EXPERT and just so happens to be in STEM which "exist on a level of depth that is unimaginable to the layman" according to your limited background and interaction with academia.

When engaging in this type of discourse and arguing with an EXPERT that EXPERTS are somehow paragons of truth and should always be trusted it should be OBVIOUS to provide your own academic background to rebuke the statement I made that your entire overestimation and general ignorance on the nature of experts seems to stem from your own personal ignorance and lack of interaction with experts.

And yet what do you do? Well it seems clear that you lack said background and thus are unable to rebuke what has been said and thus go on a tangent of further ad hominem about "hur hur i'm so uneducated and sheltered that I apply my personal experience as being evident to what a 23 year old can achieve hur hur" and "hur hur stop gpa flexing it's okay when I call everyone uneducated morons with brainrot despite having no academic background but nooo stop flexing that undermines my credibility hur hur"

Come now mate, rebuke what I've said. As a clearly above bar intellectual as yourself you should realize I've literally carried this on to the point in which your only response is now 100% ad hominem.

Could this be indicative of, let's say, your inability to challenge what I've said? Hm? Ever thought of that? lmaooo
May 5, 2022 4:06 PM

Jul 2015
Cneq said:

Come now mate, rebuke what I've said. As a clearly above bar intellectual as yourself you should realize I've literally carried this on to the point in which your only response is now 100% ad hominem.
buddy... your entire last post was 100% ad hominem, you're the one who goes on about how I supposedly don't have any credentials. How are you projecting this hard?

did you already forget you said this?
Cneq said:
your entire last post was just this over and over. Actually negative awareness from you, just as much as... when you called me arrogant while flexing your GPA. And bragged about your massive biography that you could write at your ripe age of 23 (!!!).

I get the feeling that everything you accuse others of is just true for yourself. Called me arrogant, said I only make ad-homs. Meanwhile you've been as arrogant as they come and your entire last post was a massive ad-hom. Congrats man, you're owning it.

"When engaging in this type of discourse and arguing with an EXPERT that EXPERTS are somehow paragons of truth and should always be trusted"

If all experts come to a consensus, then yes it probably makes sense to trust that. Especially if you have no background in the field yourself. The only people who say otherwise are arrogant small men like you.

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

May 5, 2022 4:24 PM

Jan 2017
Railey2 said:
Cneq said:

buddy... your entire last post was 100% ad hominem, you're the one who goes on about how I supposedly don't have any credentials. How are you projecting this hard?

did you already forget you said this?
Cneq said:
your entire last post was just this over and over. Actually negative awareness from you, just as much as... when you called me arrogant while flexing your GPA. And bragged about your massive biography that you could write at your ripe age of 23 (!!!).

I get the feeling that everything you accuse others of is just true for yourself. Called me arrogant, said I only make ad-homs. Meanwhile you've been as arrogant as they come and your entire last post was a massive ad-hom. Congrats man, you're owning it.

"When engaging in this type of discourse and arguing with an EXPERT that EXPERTS are somehow paragons of truth and should always be trusted"

If all experts come to a consensus, then yes it probably makes sense to trust that. Especially if you have no background in the field yourself. The only people who say otherwise are arrogant small men like you.
Aight we're reaching inception levels of projection here lmao

Let me give you a sequence of events to make this clear even to someone of your cognitive ability:

1. You start off in this thread calling people uneducated conspiracy theorists with brainrot

2. I call out your beliefs

3. You throw ad hominem that I'm a ""uneducated anti-intellectual conspiracy theorist with a basic education"

4. I call out your education and ask you to argue to the contrary

5. You once again call me an "uneducated conspiracy theorist" but this time an accusation of "confirmation bias" is included.

6. I call our your clear confirmation bias and absolute constant use of political stereotypes

7. You once again back pedal on my "basic level of education" to someone else and how STEM "exists on a level of depth that is unimaginable to the layman"

8. I once again call you out and give my academic background

9. You reply with ad hominem about that and on my age:

"I highly doubt you're in STEM either, or else you wouldn't be so fucking arrogant and talk with such confidence about shit you know nothing about."

"get outta here. Literal life time of experience? You're born in 1999, sit the fuck down."

10. I call out your overuse of the word arrogance and also ask you if you ever considered that fact your detachment from academia may be the root of your overestimation of experts and also to fix your clearly polarized political disposition.

11. You reply with further ad hominem and throw a "bonus meme" [fucking peak lmao] in your signature

12. I once again reply with why your academic background is important when discussing academic.

13. You reply that academic is not important along with ad hominem and "hur hur you're a child flexing gpa hur hur" [despite literally acting like a child throwing "memes" in your signature, how fucking old are you? lmaooo].

14. I reply finally calling out your ad hominem and blatant projects as well as further clarifying why your academic background is important to this discussion and you seal the deal with some inception level mental gymnastics with these reply of now accusing me of "ad hominem" and "projection".

Absolute peak mate, you've outdone yourself.

So considering you still have failed to rebuke what has been said and obviously lack the integrity to admit your lack of academic background this is about as far as this can go.

Good stuff, adios mate lmaoo
May 5, 2022 4:30 PM

Dec 2013
@Cneq @Railey2

I'd say there is no problem showing off some credentials, although not a must, during a debate or even casual conversation, as long as you can prove that you are knowledgeable about it. That is how a trust is built anyway, and at least the first time before the person proves that he is knowledgeable about it.

For instance, if we go to an engineering consultant office, we would see directly on wall some achievements, including academic degrees, certifications of finishing a seminars, trainings, etc. These credentials are the fastest way to build people's trust on him, before the engineer proves his knowledge, able to finish the project professionally and successfully.

In the debate and casual conversation likewise, its always fine, although not a must, to briefly talk about credentials, if the discussion topic is related to the credentials mentioned. Then of course, he has to prove his knowledge afterwards.

May 5, 2022 4:56 PM
Jan 2022
Railey2 said:
MilkMonster said:
But on the other hand theres things you can only see from your current perspective. So no matter how much someone is similar to another in every way and even a little bit better the lesser person still has things only he can see that the better person cannot see.
This is a childish fantasy. The bitter truth is that competence and innate ability varies drastically between people, and it's absolutely the case thats some people just know less and are generally clueless compared to others. And that there aren't things that the clueless person sees that the smart person doesn't see. More realistically, the clueless person just doesn't see anything because their thought-processes is muddled, confused, slower, and worse in every aspect.

Even worse, the clueless person might have wildly incorrect views and be incredibly confused and overwhelmed by things that the smart person will be able to understand intuitively without even trying.

Like imagine the difference between a professional virologist who understands everything about COVID, pandemics in general, how vaccines function, how measures to lower the r-number are useful etc. and an uneducated housewife that feels overwhelmed by it all, gets her answer from facebook memes and eventually starts falling for various conspiracy theories. The virologist sees everything accurately. The housewife sees things, but none of them are real, so she might not be seeing anything. Some perspectives are just wrong.

You say that everything is connected, yeah? If you believe that, then an obvious consequence of this is that if you get very basic things wrong, these mistakes will show up in other areas as well. And worse, they compound.

The childish view is that we are all different and everyone has their own perspective and something to contribute. But that's wishful thinking. The realistic view is that some people are just hopelessly brainfucked, which renders their perspective completely worthless.
you understood what i was saying so well. The words in japanese mean understand 10 things by hearing about 1, i just wanted you to know cuz i dont know if you know japanese.

「You say that everything is connected, yeah? If you believe that, then an obvious consequence of this is that if you get very basic things wrong, these mistakes will show up in other areas as well. And worse, they compound.」

Yeah thats exactly what i mean when i say that everything is connected. I havent read all the posts in this thread yet so i dont know if anyone else understands what i really am saying or just us 2. I see some other people are understanding things somewhat.

we both understand the same thing. But you think the lesser people have little worth while i say the lesser people are only lesser because they took decisions that ended up making them use their brains in worse ways and that kept going and they arent able to get out of it. But i disagree with people having set capacities from birth or whatever. What i see is that people use their brains and how they use their brains thats how their brains will grow or even degress. So its even possible for someone to get out of using their brains in lower capacities and not be a lesser being. In the same way if a superior person starts being lazy with how they use their brain and dont get out of that they'd end up just another lesser person.

I wish i'd written that better but I'm sorry i dont have time to be good with my words.

This was in the spoiler i dont know if you opened it 「Still though doesnt it get to you that even the person who you dislike the most for being a stupid retard, still has something they can see that you cant? Doesnt that make you want to overlap them completely? 」

Thats how i used to feel alot, i'm a very jelousy person and have always wanted to be better than everyone else at everything and think nothing of everyone else. But it isnt possible, i honestly lived some of my life like that thinking it was possible and trying to achieve it. But now i realize its futile. I dont think everyone has a worthwhile opinion or a unique beneficial perspective in everything but i think there are a bunch of things that i will always be able to learn from every single person.

Like on this forum i can only rely on like 3 people to actually understand the things i say sometimes, and in the same way its only these few people who i can actually usually benefit from interacting with. The main one being sheklon he changed his name to sheklerthehekler or something. But i make all sorts of topics and i usually end up learning something from even people who i looked down on and didnt think much of.

@Cneq too actually i started seeing his posts like last month or something and i think he's got a good head. I have to read your guys posts still, i'll tell you what i think and reply to other posts in this thread too. I'm new to you though railey, but i'm quite impressed with your understanding of this topic. I'll shout out to lycka too, her and sheklon were the ones who'd understand my threads usually. My threads used to be quite deep and go over the heads of almost everyone in the past, so i ended up stop making those, it wasnt worth it.

That being said i dont really consider my current self all that smart, i used to be and i will be again but right now i'm focused on learning something else. Right now i'm bad with words even though i used to write poetry.

I wrote too much lol. But i'm glad to meet someone else who can understand things well. Although there will be alot we will disagree with and i probably belong in your blocked list too.
Read it and weep. Your ethnicity and culture are weak.
May 5, 2022 5:15 PM

Jul 2015
@Cneq: Outstanding, maybe you should transpose this into your massive autobiography as well. Right between where you repeatedly tell the readers what your GPA is and the part where you complain about ad-homs before using them yourself.

If I say something about your character, it's because you've just said something so ridiculous, it's basically impossible for me to not point it out. Like OF COURSE I will point out your age when you jerk yourself off over how much you've apparently experienced. I guess that must've been a sore spot for you, because you became noticeable more unhinged after that comment, but honestly.. what did you expect?

Anyways, you're a classic anti-intellectual. Your contempt for academia is obvious every time you rant about how experts are useless and shouldn't be believed. This stance is most common among people who are uneducated, which is why I called you that. Of course there are some people who (somehow) have degrees and still think this way, which kind of makes me question if they've ever achieved any real understanding themselves.

I haven't backpedalled a single time, but then again thinking of how everything you say seems to be projection, maybe you think of yourself that you have? I'm not overusing the word arrogance either. It's the best way to describe people like you, who always pretend to know better and think they can go against the consensus, even in fields that aren't their own. How else to call it? Maybe delusional is another term, but I've been using that one a lot lately, so I felt like changing it up.

Thanks for the entertainment and the memes.

Railey2May 5, 2022 5:22 PM

May 5, 2022 5:18 PM

Oct 2011
Being better or someone being more valued is all about perspective. Usually to yourself you're the best and most valued person but to billions of people around the world who don't know you, they won't value you or even know you exist.

Someone will always be better skilled, talented or more lucky too compared to someone who just sits around all day, consuming their hobbies and not doing a whole lot in their life.
May 5, 2022 5:19 PM

Jul 2015
MilkMonster said:
we both understand the same thing. But you think the lesser people have little worth while i say the lesser people are only lesser because they took decisions that ended up making them use their brains in worse ways and that kept going and they arent able to get out of it. But i disagree with people having set capacities from birth or whatever. What i see is that people use their brains and how they use their brains thats how their brains will grow or even degress. So its even possible for someone to get out of using their brains in lower capacities and not be a lesser being. In the same way if a superior person starts being lazy with how they use their brain and dont get out of that they'd end up just another lesser person.
If that's your view then I respect that. I don't expect anyone to share my values, and I realise that I'm definitely more on the aggressive side when it comes to judging others.

@philtecturophy: I agree and I've said as much. Showing off credentials makes sense when they're directly related to the topic at hand. But if we're just talking about general stuff, whipping out your degree only makes you look like a complete jerk-off, like the doctor that starts every sentence with "as a doctor I think.." even when talking about completely unrelated shit.

Cneq is much, MUCH closer to the latter. A conversation about how you should probably believe them if 95% of doctors and virologists agree that "yeah, this vaccine is probably good" doesn't warrant comments such as "uuh you know I'm a bit of an academic myself and btw look at my GPA".
I mean what the fuck? Lmao.
Railey2May 5, 2022 5:25 PM

May 5, 2022 7:14 PM

Dec 2021
If it weren't for ice skating and beer chugging I'd be completely better than many folks.
May 5, 2022 7:22 PM
Jan 2022
Orange_is_White said:
If it weren't for ice skating and beer chugging I'd be completely better than many folks.
If you marry me you'll never have to think about ice skating or beer chugging every again, we'd even cure your socialist ideologies! You could be the best you.
Read it and weep. Your ethnicity and culture are weak.
Feb 28, 2023 5:07 AM

Dec 2022
In life you often have people who just can not understand things or concepts, even when you try explaining it to them in a way you'd think anyone would understand. 

Are they just stupid? Are they just "low iq" No, i believe they just are lacking certain life experience. No one is "low iq" and no one is "high iq" the whole iq concept is just made up bullshit. Wheather you boast or despair about your intellect you are just deluding yourself and buying into a lie. Because the difference you are seeing is just a difference of current (or at hand) life experiance.

There was just so much i could  just could not understand. But now there is very little i have trouble understanding the basics of anymore. That is the fruit of willingly living a normal life, without falling for any great lies. 

You see in life everyone is gleaning understanding through interacting with the world around them. And for everyone the world around them has different things that it throws at them. This is one of the things that makes us seem different to one another even though we are all actually the same. It is wrong to put oneself above another for any reason for that simply is not true. That is why it is wrong to murder. 

We all experiance life differently and learn important things bit by bit and sometimes fail to and must wait till we are given an opportunity to learn what we had
Failed to another time but sometimes that opportunity does not come to us in our lifespan. So it is important we do not believe lies that will hinder us from gleaning understanding from our vital daily life experiances. 
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
Feb 28, 2023 5:21 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
General mal population is confused by all these

Feb 28, 2023 6:10 AM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
No, generally people who are wizards at one specific thing, are the ones who sacrifice much of their life to be the best at that thing. So to be better than the best in one specific field, and to be better than everyone else in all other areas is impossible for one individual

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is worse, reddit or 4chan. ( 1 2 )

Say-My-Name - Jul 29, 2022

99 by Swyzen »»
19 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

50 by EmiliaHoarfrost »»
1 hour ago

» Friends are Important in Our Life ?

Agent39 - Feb 29

33 by rohan121 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Apr 24

32 by SmugSatoko »»
2 hours ago

» What are you insecure about the most? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 30

50 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.