Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mieruko-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 31, 2021 3:25 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
By no means do I mind if this continues on the same route it's been going on, but imagine if this show evolves into Miko setting free the souls of the dead and giving them peace, Tanjiro-style. And then once they find peace they get eaten by the overgrown frog zombie LOL

Seeing the old lady's mind return to her kind of got me in the feels man, ngl. It was like a Coco moment. And then her undead spirit zombie-whatever husband saying thank-you to Miko, hit me in the gut a couple more times. Guess it's not all freakish nightmares, comedy, and thighs. This show got the feels department covered as well.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 31, 2021 3:27 PM
Sep 2017
Yuuki_Otakuu said:
Miko is not alone now when seeing monsters now has another person who can see the same things she sees, this all proves that Miko is not the first person to see this.

the fortune-teller grandma also can see it before so she certainly is not the first but looks like the degree of seeing varies
Oct 31, 2021 3:27 PM
Jan 2021
Was I the only one who cried with the obasan story. Man I have to say is probably cuz I have a soft fibber with that things cuz my grandma suffered it too. I think it was a good episode.
Oct 31, 2021 3:29 PM

Apr 2020
the end of the episode made me sad and happy :)
Oct 31, 2021 3:31 PM
Sep 2017
7 episodes left?
I wonder if
manga spoiler alert
Oct 31, 2021 3:39 PM

Nov 2020
Great ep! The old lady thing was heart warming but I was scared that Milo will get caught.
Na, Hashiru No Suki Ka?

Oct 31, 2021 4:06 PM

Jun 2017
Yuria is a great addition and we got some feels again. Miko is slowly realizing seeing things is not THAT bad but of course I get her not wanting to see them at all. lol
Oct 31, 2021 4:19 PM

Aug 2020
I didn't expect Yuria's attitude and personality but it fits her. Nice episode again

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Oct 31, 2021 4:37 PM

Jun 2014
Another episode with a wholesome ending. I'm glad to see that granny regain her senses.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 31, 2021 5:18 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah new girl has appeared and looks like she got a little knowledge about what she face. Because the fact that she only able to see the weak, unharmful, and little one. Still i appreciate her optimism when facing her ability to seen something she shouldn't see, even used the opportunity as a way of life in her future. Too bad that the one she idolize has been abandoning her. But its also opened up her chance to get to know more about Miko and Hana. Still the way of her approaching actually wrong, and its forced Miko to improvise it as a one-on-one fight. Nice, excuse, Miko! The girl caught on a misunderstanding, and idk what lies beyond their relationship on the future. Really looking forward to see it.

Next, back to the ordinary life of Miko. Failed to figure out those poor granny from her daily eyesights, forced her into an unexpected situation. One ghost approached, and i know its trying to interacted with her, to solve problem the random grandma had. Once again, more appreciate part. Looks like Miko found the more purpose of her ability. Or no?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 31, 2021 5:56 PM

Jul 2013
Is that how the ghosts move on to the next world? That's hardcore lmao.
Oct 31, 2021 6:07 PM

Mar 2016
As it's been hinting at, Yuria can also see spirits in the same way Miko can. However there is an interesting difference. Yuria has seen them her whole life, whille Miko only started seeing them recently. And despite seeing them longer, Yuria can only see small ones clearly, normal-sized ones vaguely and not see the the huge deformed ones at all (although the big one did come into view as she was passing out).

Wonder if we'll actually get a story reason as to why Yuria and Godmother see the spirits as black hazes while Miko sees them as clear as any living person?

Ended up getting another tear jerker moment. Spirit wasn't actually a spirit, but an old woman who was out of it, but then something clicked when Miko showed her the numbers that a wandering spirit was saying. Another moment of a spirit not being hostile and Miko actually being able to make something nice happen thanks to her abilities.

It that final scene, I'm now wondering whether that line is actually some horrible looking way that spirits are passing on. She'd helped the husband's spirit by giving his widow the safe combination, so he likely had no reason to continue to linger.
TheAquilaSamuraiNov 2, 2021 11:30 PM
Oct 31, 2021 6:07 PM

Aug 2020
So in this episode we were introduced to Yulia Niguredou. She wanted to be an apprentice of the Fortune Teller, even though she refused to accept. When Yulia returned to the place a couple of days later, the Teller vanished for "magic boundaries testing" motives.

Yulia assumed that Miko was the responsible for it, after spotting her and Hana next to the closed shop. After a encounter in the school room with little spirits, Yulia told Miko that she knew that she could see spirits, and that Miko could as well. After refusing, a bigger than the small ones appeared. But Yulia couldn't see them. Miko held her with strength so that the spirit could leave. And after waking up at the nursery, Yulia was mad at Miko. And thought that she was threatened xD

The stairway lady part was surprising. Her husband ghost told her the safe numbers, and after getting in the bedroom and opening the safe, her memories returned. Miko was at the right place and time. If she didn't bring the old lady to her daughter, the husband wouldn't tell her the numbers.

Yeah son this was a nice episode... I hope Yulia become friends with Miko and Hana soon.

Oct 31, 2021 6:13 PM

Apr 2020
It turns out that being able to see ghosts can also help others
Oct 31, 2021 6:24 PM
Jul 2018
I thought Yuria would be the annoying type, but I found her actually cute. Good surprise
Oct 31, 2021 6:29 PM

Jan 2020
The ending visuals kind of spoiled it from day one so I'm not surprised but it's still cool seeing that Yulia can also see too lol

There was no better time to watch this than a night of Halloween and the timing couldn't be any more perfect. Thank you for airing on Sunday

I'm also a fan of the wholesome stories that the series has and I'm enjoying every episode thus far. I hope it can continue

Oct 31, 2021 7:18 PM
Sep 2020
I just notice they're just skipped chapter 10 because it will be a episode 6 along with chapter 14, i mean the director just know how to make it without messing any story, LOVE It
Oct 31, 2021 8:02 PM
Jul 2021
The mc is thicccccc
Oct 31, 2021 8:23 PM

Aug 2020
Is it just me or was Yuria’s surprised face during the stalking/ hallway scene similar to soyboy wojack? I swear it’s uncanny once you notice it. Overall, this is my favorite fall series at the moment, so hopefully it keeps going up from here😌
Oct 31, 2021 8:23 PM

Jan 2019
Finally, we get Julia/Yuria. I thought her misunderstanding was funnier in the manga, maybe because the pacing of the anime is a bit too slow.

I think the old lady section would be more emotional if the story didn't act like you can revert Alzheimer like that, but rather left a message of "she still remembers sometimes".

Eh, either way, it was an enjoyable episode. I hope the teacher and shrine arcs come next.

revzy said:
This is honestly one of the saddest attempts of horror. Repetitive same shit every episode.

I hope you realize it's also a comedy, though.
Oct 31, 2021 8:25 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Really glad Mieruko fell on Halloween, the perfect show for it, this was yet another really good one as well. Yulia was introduced, and it seems she can only see the lesser ghosts to a degree, the bit in the storage room was really spooky with that huge ghost, another really freaky design. The 2nd half of the episode was at first scary, but ended incredibly wholesome, that’s something I’ve come to really love about this show, all these scary situations can sometimes lead to good ones.
Oct 31, 2021 8:29 PM

Apr 2020
Of course, Yuria finally got some spotlight and turns out she's just some girl thinking she got bestowed with some OP powers, when in reality she's no match to Miko not even in the slightest bit. The second half was oddly heartwarming though. Seems like ghosts in this world aren't only there for the scares. They have a mission to complete.
Oct 31, 2021 11:01 PM

Feb 2016
Good episode no ecchi
Oct 31, 2021 11:09 PM

Dec 2018
Good episode. Just wondering why the grandma late husband ghost looks like a bad ghost but he's actually are not that bad... Guess he did something bad during his life time made he like that.

Nov 1, 2021 1:17 AM
Jul 2021
was more interesting than the other eps
Nov 1, 2021 4:44 AM
May 2020
The grandma scene is so wholesome, these wholesome scenes in this anime is gonna make me tear up every week
Nov 1, 2021 4:56 AM

Aug 2020
This episode was pretty good, Yuria's character is a lot different than expected lol.
Nov 1, 2021 5:53 AM

Oct 2016
Wrestling has once again saved Miko, based.

Really good episode! We are finally officially introduced to Julia/Yuria/Yulia. I honestly did not expect her personality to be like this lmao, but it's even better than I imagined. It's good that Miko now knows she's not alone when it comes to seeing ghosts, though Yuria can only see small and weaker ghosts.

Another wholesome story this episode, I loved the part with the grandma. Nothing like a wholesome spook on Halloween. Looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 1, 2021 7:48 AM

Dec 2008
Damn, just tell her that you see them.
I don't think that she'll dragged straight to hell if she'd admit it.

I didn't pay attention during this episode, I will rewatch tonight "tehee!"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2021 7:50 AM
Sep 2021
Dang why is this show rated this low so far? I understand its the beginning and all but These episodes are Soo good. This show could've so easily fallen into a troupe and just had Nearly all its episodes one like the other until the end and still get somewhat know, but they're going full force story wise. I wasn't expecting a lot for this show, which is why I'm extremely Suprised and happy with this show!

Also yuria Was able to see the big ghosts just not the one mc was able to see since when It showed the flashback as her as a kid when she could see the ghosts, it showed tall ones roaming around her which basically tells the viewer she can see tall ghosts too, just don't know why she didn't see that bigg ghost hmm...
Nov 1, 2021 8:01 AM

May 2010
I love this show so much! I think its the charm at the biggening that made the main character able to see ghosts.
Nov 1, 2021 8:05 AM

Jun 2016
this so interesting !!!
Nov 1, 2021 8:40 AM
May 2021
Kinda unexpected plot twist for that save code, and that little thank you reminds me about miko's dad
Nov 1, 2021 9:52 AM

May 2018
No more amnesia once obaasan unlocks the safe waw
Nov 1, 2021 12:37 PM

Mar 2018
Episode 5 - #NotAllSpirits
Nov 1, 2021 2:33 PM

May 2021
If this anime exploited the idea of the memories of the death it will be 100% more interesting. The alzheimer granny was a bit of low hanging but it worked regardless

Nov 1, 2021 7:02 PM

Jan 2013
No added fanservice this episode, so far Passione is rotating between dialing up the fanservice and just adapting the manga as is.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Nov 1, 2021 7:12 PM

Jun 2021
Solid episode, although Yulia wasn't as interesting as I expected. Hopefully her character will grow on me in time.

B part was predictable, definitely the better part of the episode.
Nov 2, 2021 2:21 AM

Oct 2008
Yuria was finally introduced! lolz looks like she could only see the weak one and it is not even clear! haha but Mieruko-chan still feigned ignorance towards her because she doesn't want any trouble...
5/5.

Nov 2, 2021 6:15 AM

Nov 2017
I like these kind of monsters she meets that are pretty harmless. It can be something like a sigh of relief for Miko (in a way lol). Nice to see her helping the granny too, it was a sweet moment from that point on~
Nov 2, 2021 7:17 AM
Jul 2020
CPS4 said:
well actually I was wondering what would happen if they interact with the ghost? Would they get posesed?
they get attacked by them if they show the ghosts that they can see them
Nov 2, 2021 7:51 AM
Nov 2021
Well this one was actualy kinda touching I hope that this story will have more interesting and meaningful arcs ahead the way they potraited everything in that ending part was just so beautiful ....and it was kinda sad that miko has to ignore her dad after being able to see him after 1 year all she can do is face the reality that the dead is gone ...forever and ever ...waiting for next episode to hop in ...
Nov 2, 2021 8:17 AM
Oct 2019
Yay finally the third girl has been introduced, and she is voice by Ayane Sakura.
She only can see the small one, so there is a power scaling into this stuff lmao

Miko-chan ended up helping the old woman, it's not a bad thing able to seeing the ghost after all.
Nov 2, 2021 9:56 AM

Jan 2013
KANLen09 said:
Ooh, so Yuria (again, the translation calls her Yulia which sound off-putting)

It appears to be the official romanization.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Nov 2, 2021 10:15 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
Ok nice, new character got introduced. Also no ecchi finally :)

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Nov 2, 2021 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
I thought all of those walking black things were all evil spirits. I guess they just have that appearance. All of these dead ghosts walking around seems sad. Also, I'm glad that grandmother has found herself again.
Nov 2, 2021 1:19 PM

Jul 2016
Goddammit, Hana. What's with the obsession of always wanting to go shopping for underwear with Miko?

By the way, was totally expecting Yuria to be a brat or a cold emo but omg, she's actually a sweetheart ♥
Nov 2, 2021 6:51 PM
Sep 2019
Serafos said:
Yet another good episode.

I was already waiting Yuria to get more screen time. She's a very cute and interesting character. That misunderstanding was so funny. xD

The segment with the old woman was pretty heartwarming.

Yes it was very heartwarming
All the ghost wanted was her to know the password
Nov 2, 2021 6:52 PM
Sep 2019
Very heartwarming episode
The end with the old lady
All the ghost wanted was to give his wife the code
Nov 2, 2021 6:53 PM
Sep 2019
KennethSetiawan said:
Before anything... 4 6 3 1. Well made eps with a great backstory with the grandma scene. I honestly thought that 4631 is mieruko phone password lol

Yea that was sad and happy at the same time
All he wanted was her to know the safe code
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2021

260 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 4, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

147 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 3, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

126 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 2, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

246 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

304 by ReaperCreeper »»
Apr 30, 8:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.