Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 20, 2021 2:32 PM
Jan 2021
Am I the only one that hates the fact that this anime is considered ecchi??
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 20, 2021 3:00 PM
Sep 2015
Because the MC is an ecchi loser, at least in the beginning.
May 20, 2021 3:00 PM
Apr 2017
Uhh yes.. possibly!
May 20, 2021 3:09 PM

Oct 2019
Because it’s Ecchi? The MC is a horny ugly bastard and the way he describes things are over sexualized.
He does become better as a character but the Ecchi aspect of the story just escalates further as the story progresses, so the tag fits.
May 20, 2021 3:17 PM
Nov 2019
I'm pretty sure the MC running around with girls panties on his head, wanting to grope every pair of oppai within reach, the lewd comments, the overtly sexual nature of his parents and him watching his female magic teacher masturbate in the first few episodes more than justifies the ecchi tag.

without considering its a middle-aged man's mind in a child's body wanting to lewd girls his same physical age that got the SJW's screaming "pedo" on twitter.

It's still really good with world & character building and gets better once you get beyond the mana disaster that throws Rudy & Eris into the Magic continent.

Well worth reading the LN - if you're prepared to work through 24 volumes. However the lewd thoughts etc don't go away all the way until the end.

I thought "Highschool DXD" has more ecchi in it though...
May 20, 2021 3:29 PM

Oct 2020
the blu-ray version is more ecchi 🙏🙏
# of bans: 4

@NoLiferSoul is an S+ tier MAL Staff member

@anime-prime and @AlexPaulLEWZ are S tier

Rest are mid
May 20, 2021 3:41 PM

Mar 2021
Bruh everyone is honry af and here there literally a sex scene and a masturbation scene.
May 20, 2021 3:55 PM
Nov 2019
MrBrawlz said:

Unfortunately - the BD's have been delayed until October as has the next section of the adaptation so we'll have to wait and see if that's the case - hopefully they'll fix some of the sketchy animation on a few of the episodes as well, an OVA for some of the cut content would be nice...

May 20, 2021 4:59 PM
Jan 2021
Yes, you're the only one.
May 20, 2021 5:27 PM
Jan 2021
nevermind I'm not mad anymore
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
May 20, 2021 5:41 PM

Oct 2015
Sex scene, loli masturbating, kemono girl with nipple-bras, pervert MC groping girls, constant references to sex. I wonder why?
May 20, 2021 5:44 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
It's not to love ru or highschool dxd by any means, but it does have its fair share of lewd. But then again so does most anime, and most anime do not have an ecchi tag attached to it. It's a shame that mushoku tensei has to be labeled so. But if that's what will make sensitive people happy, it's a small price to pay for salvation

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 20, 2021 6:28 PM
Oct 2020
Yassob said:

Thats like asking why is the sky blue c'mon now
May 20, 2021 6:57 PM
Jan 2021
Cobalt-Blue said:
Yassob said:

why IS the sky blue tho?
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
May 20, 2021 6:59 PM
Oct 2020
Yassob said:
Cobalt-Blue said:

why IS the sky blue tho?

Sun light reflecting off of the Blue Ocean water into the sky. Super cliff notes version of the explanation.
May 20, 2021 7:06 PM
Jan 2021
Cobalt-Blue said:
Yassob said:
why IS the sky blue tho?

Sun light reflecting off of the Blue Ocean water into the sky. Super cliff notes version of the explanation.
May 20, 2021 7:09 PM
Jul 2020
Cause it's ecchi lol.
In later season you will be seeing lots of hardcore sex.
Soo yeah
May 20, 2021 7:25 PM

Jan 2021
Because it's ecchi. Just look at what our main character does in several episodes.
May 20, 2021 7:39 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
BetaMaleUltra said:
It's not to love ru or highschool dxd by any means, but it does have its fair share of lewd. But then again so does most anime, and most anime do not have an ecchi tag attached to it. It's a shame that mushoku tensei has to be labeled so. But if that's what will make sensitive people happy, it's a small price to pay for salvation

I'm usually more then happy to defend the existence of any type of media, so don't take this as some sjw whining or anything but in what way is it a shame to see it labeled as such?

Without getting into semantics most of the time ecchi is used as a tag to insinuate the animes gonna be more lewd then it's contemporarys, like the example you gave, however in the 11 episodes we've had we've seen a Loli mage masterbate and then a 10 year old with the mind of a 40ish year old try to have sex with a non consenting 12 year old. Where exactly does the ecchi tag not fit?😅.

Again I agree the fan service isn't as egregious as other shows but there's definitely at least some in each and every epsidoe. So all in all in quailifys there to.

If you think it's a shame that a good story gets labeled this way, then you've sort of mixed your prioitys, it's not the fault of who ever allocated it the tag but rather the fault of the studio or original story for portraying these things. It's a shame in that I guess It could of been written differently?😂.

To again clarify, I don't have an issue with the story being ecchi either to further the development of its characters or to simply bring in that audience, both are credible reasons but I fail to see in any way why it doesn't deserve the tag. Maybe your suggesting it being 'ligth-ecchi' would be more appropriate but then again the intend of the scenes is pretty clear😅. If you saying its sad it needs to be labeled in any way whatsoever then surely we should do away with all genre tags but they can be usefull, I see no issue with someone being aware of this before hand, it's not like they make a big trigger warning at the start of each EP, it's just on its genre list, which is accurate and equally some may even search it out for that tag, same as they migth 'fantasy' or 'action'. It's certainly a big enough aspect of the show to be listed.

Again not trying to have a go, just strange this is even a question, maybe just confusion on the meaning of the term from yourself and the original poster👍.
May 20, 2021 8:22 PM
Mar 2021
Did we watch the same show?
May 20, 2021 8:33 PM
Feb 2021
Have you even watched the show?!
May 20, 2021 8:36 PM

Jul 2020
sinmiloluwa04 said:
Have you even watched the show?!

It's pretty obvious it's ecchi just from the 1st episode.Op might not even have watched the anime.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 20, 2021 8:38 PM

Jan 2020
Because it has bits of ecchi which is why the tag is there. This is super simple but if I'm being honest, there really isn't much to add on that lmao. Is the main focus? No. But it does have bits here and there.

May 20, 2021 8:56 PM

Jun 2015
What would you classify as ecchi? It’s rightfully deserving of such a genre tag
May 20, 2021 9:23 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
momentie said:
BetaMaleUltra said:

I'm usually more then happy to defend the existence of any type of media, so don't take this as some sjw whining or anything but in what way is it a shame to see it labeled as such?

Without getting into semantics most of the time ecchi is used as a tag to insinuate the animes gonna be more lewd then it's contemporarys, like the example you gave, however in the 11 episodes we've had we've seen a Loli mage masterbate and then a 10 year old with the mind of a 40ish year old try to have sex with a non consenting 12 year old. Where exactly does the ecchi tag not fit?😅.

Again I agree the fan service isn't as egregious as other shows but there's definitely at least some in each and every epsidoe. So all in all in quailifys there to.

If you think it's a shame that a good story gets labeled this way, then you've sort of mixed your prioitys, it's not the fault of who ever allocated it the tag but rather the fault of the studio or original story for portraying these things. It's a shame in that I guess It could of been written differently?😂.

To again clarify, I don't have an issue with the story being ecchi either to further the development of its characters or to simply bring in that audience, both are credible reasons but I fail to see in any way why it doesn't deserve the tag. Maybe your suggesting it being 'ligth-ecchi' would be more appropriate but then again the intend of the scenes is pretty clear😅. If you saying its sad it needs to be labeled in any way whatsoever then surely we should do away with all genre tags but they can be usefull, I see no issue with someone being aware of this before hand, it's not like they make a big trigger warning at the start of each EP, it's just on its genre list, which is accurate and equally some may even search it out for that tag, same as they migth 'fantasy' or 'action'. It's certainly a big enough aspect of the show to be listed.

Again not trying to have a go, just strange this is even a question, maybe just confusion on the meaning of the term from yourself and the original poster👍.

Well the ideal scenario would be to have no ecchi at all to completely avoid the ecchi tag. But then again it is anime and there's going to be some lewd shit in here. Problem is that other anime that have equally as much "ecchi" as mushoku tensei don't get the tag. It's just that this has gotten so much attention that the pressure is on MAL to give it the tag.

Having the ecchi tag just doesn't seem right when it's not gratuitous fan service that you usually find in your standard ecchi harems or whatever. There's no dumb jokes of tripping and falling and somehow having the mc's hands land on harem member's boobs, or the typical walking in on them while changing. Although we do have the walking in on girl masturbating but these are all one time instances whereas a true full on ecchi would have these jokes RECURRING constantly. Having the ecchi tag just lumps it in with all the other trash (except highschool dxd, I love that shit).

Like clearly there is sexual content. Surprise, it's anime. But if I'm not mistaken, ecchi refers only to gratuitous fan service, bouncing boobies with sound affects and your typical pervy camera angles. In elfen lied there's nudity obviously, but it's not an ecchi anime. As you said, a "light ecchi" tag would be nice, but that's getting insanely picky and is something that'll never exist probably.

It's sad that it got the tag, but it's still fully understandable why it got it. It's just sad that now it is in a sense brought to a lower level as seen in the eyes of newcomers who may now judge the show just on certain sensitive aspects as it seems a lot of people have. Wish people could enjoy the good parts of this show, but for now it is still an uncomfortable watch for a lot of people.

At the end of the day it's just a tag, but it's a tag that can influence some first impressions nonetheless. Wish it wasn't there, but what can you do, no use being all petty about it lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 20, 2021 11:58 PM
Mar 2021
it is ecchi, but the ecchi has an actual purpouse in the character development.
May 21, 2021 6:21 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
BetaMaleUltra said:
momentie said:

Well the ideal scenario would be to have no ecchi at all to completely avoid the ecchi tag. But then again it is anime and there's going to be some lewd shit in here. Problem is that other anime that have equally as much "ecchi" as mushoku tensei don't get the tag. It's just that this has gotten so much attention that the pressure is on MAL to give it the tag.

Having the ecchi tag just doesn't seem right when it's not gratuitous fan service that you usually find in your standard ecchi harems or whatever. There's no dumb jokes of tripping and falling and somehow having the mc's hands land on harem member's boobs, or the typical walking in on them while changing. Although we do have the walking in on girl masturbating but these are all one time instances whereas a true full on ecchi would have these jokes RECURRING constantly. Having the ecchi tag just lumps it in with all the other trash (except highschool dxd, I love that shit).

Like clearly there is sexual content. Surprise, it's anime. But if I'm not mistaken, ecchi refers only to gratuitous fan service, bouncing boobies with sound affects and your typical pervy camera angles. In elfen lied there's nudity obviously, but it's not an ecchi anime. As you said, a "light ecchi" tag would be nice, but that's getting insanely picky and is something that'll never exist probably.

It's sad that it got the tag, but it's still fully understandable why it got it. It's just sad that now it is in a sense brought to a lower level as seen in the eyes of newcomers who may now judge the show just on certain sensitive aspects as it seems a lot of people have. Wish people could enjoy the good parts of this show, but for now it is still an uncomfortable watch for a lot of people.

At the end of the day it's just a tag, but it's a tag that can influence some first impressions nonetheless. Wish it wasn't there, but what can you do, no use being all petty about it lol

Ya but again I'm confused on your point😅, the stuff your describing is more akin to harem, in fact plenty harem shows with boob grabbing jokes wouldn't be considered ecchi, ecchi is explicit and in what way is muisho tensei not? We constantly get pervy camera angels of the mother's, the maids and the other moms clevage, constantly. There panty shots ahoy for the teacher and the red head. Rudeius worships a pair of pantys. This is without doubth an ecchi show, no offence but few ecchi shows are this explicit. Even Highschool DxD fails to get past second base in 4 series run, mushiko tensei gets to an attempted sex scene before it's even done its first series and has a masterbation scenes in its first 4 eps. You say these are isolated examples but in actuality there not, here's some more. Rudous undressed an 8ish year for comedic effect(yes u can see it as plot relevent, as with all these examples but that still makes it ecchi). The maid seduces Paul in another scene. Paul and his wife are frequently heard having sex. Redous walks in on the red heads grandfather having it off with one of his staff members. Do I really need to go on?

I really think your issue is misplaced, I really don't wish to be rude, u seem to have good intentions but why exactly do you think any show that's ecchi is going to be seen as thrash? That's pretty narrow minded friend. There's nothing wrong with a show advertising to that market, sex sells ya know? But furthermore you can do interesting things within that genre. If jobless reincarnation goes on to make its ecchi important to the plot and characters, that's great but it doesn't mean it will magically stop being ecchi.

Genuinely go back and watch an episode, not a single one goes by with out the fanservice you described or something even worse, including plenty of lewd jokes and panty shots. If what your suggesting, that someone looking at this migth be turned away by the tag, then that's totally rigth, the show is ecchi and if there too elistest or to disgusted by fanservice to give it a try because of that, then that's there issue or are you saying wish the's production team would remove all the copius ecchi?

Point is buddy you should stop being so embarrassed by another country's culture, you clearly liked this show so rather then say it's a shame it's got the tag to try and hide the fact you liked some 'ecchi trash', be more honest with yourself and acknowledge that a story can be ecchi and still competently written😎👍.
May 21, 2021 7:23 AM
Jan 2021
momentie said:
BetaMaleUltra said:

Ya but again I'm confused on your point😅, the stuff your describing is more akin to harem, in fact plenty harem shows with boob grabbing jokes wouldn't be considered ecchi, ecchi is explicit and in what way is muisho tensei not? We constantly get pervy camera angels of the mother's, the maids and the other moms clevage, constantly. There panty shots ahoy for the teacher and the red head. Rudeius worships a pair of pantys. This is without doubth an ecchi show, no offence but few ecchi shows are this explicit. Even Highschool DxD fails to get past second base in 4 series run, mushiko tensei gets to an attempted sex scene before it's even done its first series and has a masterbation scenes in its first 4 eps. You say these are isolated examples but in actuality there not, here's some more. Rudous undressed an 8ish year for comedic effect(yes u can see it as plot relevent, as with all these examples but that still makes it ecchi). The maid seduces Paul in another scene. Paul and his wife are frequently heard having sex. Redous walks in on the red heads grandfather having it off with one of his staff members. Do I really need to go on?

I really think your issue is misplaced, I really don't wish to be rude, u seem to have good intentions but why exactly do you think any show that's ecchi is going to be seen as thrash? That's pretty narrow minded friend. There's nothing wrong with a show advertising to that market, sex sells ya know? But furthermore you can do interesting things within that genre. If jobless reincarnation goes on to make its ecchi important to the plot and characters, that's great but it doesn't mean it will magically stop being ecchi.

Genuinely go back and watch an episode, not a single one goes by with out the fanservice you described or something even worse, including plenty of lewd jokes and panty shots. If what your suggesting, that someone looking at this migth be turned away by the tag, then that's totally rigth, the show is ecchi and if there too elistest or to disgusted by fanservice to give it a try because of that, then that's there issue or are you saying wish the's production team would remove all the copius ecchi?

Point is buddy you should stop being so embarrassed by another country's culture, you clearly liked this show so rather then say it's a shame it's got the tag to try and hide the fact you liked some 'ecchi trash', be more honest with yourself and acknowledge that a story can be ecchi and still competently written😎👍.
these mfs wrote an entire essay...
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
May 21, 2021 7:24 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Yassob said:
momentie said:

these mfs wrote an entire essay...

Well you did ask the question lol😂
May 21, 2021 10:47 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
momentie said:
BetaMaleUltra said:

Guess I didn’t explain what I meant in the best way, I’ll try to make it more clear:

First of all let me just say that I don’t have a problem with it being labelled ecchi anymore; thing is I didn’t really remember all those instances that you brought up, they went over my head and I just forgot about them. Only things I remember clearly are roxy masturbating and of course rudeus trying to grope eris- ONLY BECAUSE people are so sensitive and wouldn’t shut up about it. You on the other hand, apparently remembered pretty much everything, impressive... I guess. But anyway all that is definitely enough to warrant an ecchi tag being slapped on there, so I’m good now, no problemo dude.

I just have the impression that most shows labelled ecchi are kind of trash, so having mushoko tensei lumped in with them is what I had a problem with. Sure there is good stuff there as well but generally speaking when I think of ecchi I’m thinking of stuff like to love ru and strike the blood- if you think stuff like that is well-written, guess there isn’t much left to say. There are the cases such as the fruit of grisaia which is definitely more competently written and has some actual form of a script, but is still no masterpiece. See I don’t see the greats such as kill la kill as being ecchi, but it totally is. However I immediately think of trash like to love ru, which has no script whatsoever other than to have your typical ecchi harem moment every two minutes. So yeah it’s all about my own personal impressions on the genre, totally my bad, I’m sorry.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 21, 2021 11:00 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
BetaMaleUltra said:
momentie said:

Guess I didn’t explain what I meant in the best way, I’ll try to make it more clear:

First of all let me just say that I don’t have a problem with it being labelled ecchi anymore; thing is I didn’t really remember all those instances that you brought up, they went over my head and I just forgot about them. Only things I remember clearly are roxy masturbating and of course rudeus trying to grope eris- ONLY BECAUSE people are so sensitive and wouldn’t shut up about it. You on the other hand, apparently remembered pretty much everything, impressive... I guess. But anyway all that is definitely enough to warrant an ecchi tag being slapped on there, so I’m good now, no problemo dude.

I just have the impression that most shows labelled ecchi are kind of trash, so having mushoko tensei lumped in with them is what I had a problem with. Sure there is good stuff there as well but generally speaking when I think of ecchi I’m thinking of stuff like to love ru and strike the blood- if you think stuff like that is well-written, guess there isn’t much left to say. There are the cases such as the fruit of grisaia which is definitely more competently written and has some actual form of a script, but is still no masterpiece. See I don’t see the greats such as kill la kill as being ecchi, but it totally is. However I immediately think of trash like to love ru, which has no script whatsoever other than to have your typical ecchi harem moment every two minutes. So yeah it’s all about my own personal impressions on the genre, totally my bad, I’m sorry.

Hey no need to apologize man, I watched MT after it aired so it's farily recent in my mind, hence why in exceedingly confident of its tag😂😂 but you have my respect for being able to admit to it😎👍.

And I don't wholy disagree with you, 'ecchi' has negative connotations as a tag but it's really a case of your perseption, you'll enjoy more if you try to drop preconceived opinions.Like you said, kill la kill is eechi, as is evangellion if you count the rebuilds. I haven't watched the grissia anime tho the original game was really great. Point is you rigth in that it does have a bad reputation but that's the sort of issue that can only be fixed by everyone as indivials acting more open minded and judging each story on its individual merit😊.

Again, glad we could reach an understanding 👍.
momentieMay 21, 2021 11:04 AM
May 21, 2021 6:25 PM
Apr 2021
penrhos said:
MrBrawlz said:

Unfortunately - the BD's have been delayed until October as has the next section of the adaptation so we'll have to wait and see if that's the case - hopefully they'll fix some of the sketchy animation on a few of the episodes as well, an OVA for some of the cut content would be nice...

wait so is the Hulu version not uncensored?
May 21, 2021 6:43 PM

Mar 2021
momentie said:
BetaMaleUltra said:

Based reply, I’ll use these arguments next time I’m recommending DxD.
May 21, 2021 6:46 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
LustKamisama said:
momentie said:

I'm not very trendy, is a 'Based reply' a good thing? 😂. Thanks if it is😅, tho u should read the rest of the convo, we came to a middle ground in the end but feel free to use it in your promotion of dxd I guess😂
May 21, 2021 7:09 PM

Mar 2021
momentie said:
LustKamisama said:

I'm not very trendy, is a 'Based reply' a good thing? 😂. Thanks if it is😅, tho u should read the rest of the convo, we came to a middle ground in the end but feel free to use it in your promotion of dxd I guess😂

Yea it's good lol. I just think you brought up a lot of good points what caught my attention and I wholely agreed is people shouldn't be ashamed of watching ecchi or even any genre. Roaming around forums for some time I have seen so many elites takes on how some show is trash solely based on its genre. It's mainly shounen and ecchi that's like the sandbags to these people who throws out "Shouentard" and degenerates to people who liked these type of genres which I find laughable. This type of takes normalizes people getting knee-jerk reactions to ecchi. MT clearly deserves the ecchi tag so for people who enjoyed the show they either enjoy the ecchi aspect or was able to work past it so I don't see the point of fighting the tag.
May 21, 2021 7:15 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
LustKamisama said:
momentie said:

Yea it's good lol. I just think you brought up a lot of good points what caught my attention and I wholely agreed is people shouldn't be ashamed of watching ecchi or even any genre. Roaming around forums for some time I have seen so many elites takes on how some show is trash solely based on its genre. It's mainly shounen and ecchi that's like the sandbags to these people who throws out "Shouentard" and degenerates to people who liked these type of genres which I find laughable. This type of takes normalizes people getting knee-jerk reactions to ecchi. MT clearly deserves the ecchi tag so for people who enjoyed the show they either enjoy the ecchi aspect or was able to work past it so I don't see the point of fighting the tag.

I completely agree, people have this terrible habit of being prejudice because of a tag, if ecchi really was nothing more then softcore porn, then it wouldn't be as previlent as it is. It's like that meme " I came for the 'plot' ;) but stayed for the plot ;(". Ecchi is a broad genre, you're gonna love some shows from it and hate others. I don't love every mecha show ever made but I don't automatically hate any new mecha show that I try ya know.

I think as a community anime fans sometimes forget that were here to enjoy anime. I'm not a fan of ranking shows, you wouldn't rank works of art in a museum on a scale of 1 to 10 would you? Nor do we judge all western media on a scale, as such my list looks like I rank everything really high but that's because I drop the shows I don't like and then rank what I do for what it is. If I watch a harem, I rank it based on how well it does harem genre stuff, not based on weather it compares to Eva or fmab😂.

Anyway, glad you agree😎.
May 22, 2021 4:01 AM
Mar 2021
Yassob said:
yes cuz the mc is a bastard and its a part of him at the first anyway it a twist in something otherwise considered an isekai done right
May 22, 2021 4:03 AM
Mar 2021
MrBrawlz said:
i will be honest i watch it illegally and so do 99% of the other people
May 24, 2021 3:01 AM
Nov 2019
JPBD Volume 1 is out and covers Ep 1-5. - not had time to compare contents with what aired on TV yet so don't know if any additional scenes....

May 24, 2021 9:23 AM

Jul 2019
Man, you really don't have to watch this for long to figure that out.
I watched the whole Season, but my brother dropped it purely because of how creepy the MC is.
May 24, 2021 9:37 PM
Oct 2020
This anime may be an ecchi, but this program cannot be considered as ecchi, knowing the context of what an ecchi is in anime (fanservice), mushoku shows certain scenes like those of paul or roxy, or the very popular scenes from rudy
But not for the purpose of fanservice, its a part of the same story, the same author of kumo desu said “The strange thing about“ Mushoku Tensei ”lies in the“ acceptance of vulgarity ”. In many of the works that came after her, "erotic scenes were intentionally drawn to attract more readers." However, in "Mushoku Tensei" there is a different use for eroticism, because they make it part of the work regardless of whether it works or not to attract an audience, that is the difference, apart from that the only thing that could be considered as fansrvice would be Ghislaine's design, after that the series focuses more on adventure and slice of life. For better or for worse, people have a prejudice when seeing ecchi tag on a show and prefer not to see it, but that's the difference what the show is after all.
May 26, 2021 1:48 PM
Jul 2017
But the anime is ecchi tho...
May 28, 2021 7:54 AM
Apr 2019
Many people enjoy watching ecchi show. In ecchi genre, Mushoku Tensei is ranked 20th in popularity and 2nd in rating by now. Before the second cour get aired, this anime would easily enter the top 10 most popular ecchi anime on myanimelist.
"Why is this ecchi anime so popular and highly rated? I might give it a try."
Ecchi tag for Mushoku Tensei isn't bad as you think.
copynpasteMay 28, 2021 8:04 AM
May 28, 2021 10:17 AM

May 2017
I think it is wrong to describe this series as 'ecchi'. Certain erotic scenes are used for the story, the main focus is never on fan service.
This tag should definitely be pulled from the series.
Kazuma Desu
May 28, 2021 10:20 AM

May 2017
Also, is there a official source describing this series as 'ecchi'? If not, I don't think that belongs here.
Kazuma Desu
Jul 11, 2021 1:10 AM
Feb 2021
In the anime world, ecchi has a special meaning. If the anime tries to be erotic in some scenes most of which could have been avoided, it is considered ecchi.
3 things I would like to make clear
1. Nudity != Ecchi. eg. elfen lied
2. Panty Shots != Echhi. eg so many I cannot choose one. Consider 1st encounter of any mid-low tier anime male and female MCs
3. Sex scenes != Ecchi, eg. kuzu no honkai

Now, in finding out whether mushoku tensei is ecchi or not, to get the most satisfactory answer, think if it felt ecchi or not.
It did not to me.

What is ecchi (with a superb plot also) is Bakemonogatari.
eliecherJul 11, 2021 1:13 AM
Jul 11, 2021 7:18 AM

Nov 2013
Because people complained about the few fanservice scenes.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jul 14, 2021 7:26 PM

Mar 2021
I don't know, this isn't an ecchi anime, it doesn't have anything erotic, maybe some fanservice but not ecchi. Well, Bakemonogatari is an ecchi anime and it doesn't have the ecchi tag but Mushoku does, it really doesn't make sense
rafasc33Jul 14, 2021 7:30 PM
Jul 30, 2021 4:52 PM

May 2017
rafasc33 said:
I don't know, this isn't an ecchi anime, it doesn't have anything erotic, maybe some fanservice but not ecchi. Well, Bakemonogatari is an ecchi anime and it doesn't have the ecchi tag but Mushoku does, it really doesn't make sense

Agreed. I dont understand why MT has an ecchi tag but Monogatari and some similiar series don't.
Kazuma Desu
Aug 2, 2021 3:31 PM

Oct 2008
Hmm I am slightly conflicted, but will say this I find harem and romance to have ecchi in them. Harem has more, romance has less. While I don't think ecchi is the best tag describing this series, I think harem works.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Dec 31, 2020

415 by NiGhTmArE_Spirit »»
Yesterday, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

441 by Artemis_Furrson »»
Jun 9, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2021

298 by Kkkkkkazu »»
Jun 2, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

470 by PEEWEEjames »»
May 24, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

274 by Helzzz »»
May 19, 8:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.