Forum Settings
Forums

Is there a character that we all can agree he is great?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 1, 2020 2:20 PM

Aug 2014
I can't really stand many melodramatic characters, particularly from battle shounens (including every character from One Piece, Gintama, Jojo and Naruto)

IMO:

Yang Wenli
Killua Zoldyck
L
Spike Spiegel
Ginko
Jul 1, 2020 3:42 PM
Mar 2019
Yu Ishigami, even the people who don't like the show praise Ishigami for being a good character.
Jul 1, 2020 3:48 PM

Dec 2018
Final AOT arcs Eren Jeager. And seriously I think Gintoki would have the best chance of winning this, not everyone would say he is great but most.
Jul 1, 2020 3:49 PM
Jul 2018
I would say Mirio from MHA.

There isn't a fiber in his body that is unlikable. I am still pissed that they decided to give Deku the spotlight animation-wise, Lemillion deserved his own million dollar fight scene.
Jul 3, 2020 9:55 AM

May 2019
no there isnt...............................
Jul 5, 2020 4:20 AM

May 2020
Male- Hikigaya Hachiman

Female- Rem

This will not change in the future as well(at least i think so). All favorite characters.
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Jul 7, 2020 2:32 AM

Apr 2020
ok, hear me out... i've never heard anyone shit on hisoka. i'm just sayin when there's nothin but claps all around for the literal pedo clown, that's gotta mean somethin.
Jul 7, 2020 5:03 AM

Nov 2019
gasmasqueraider said:
ok, hear me out... i've never heard anyone shit on hisoka. i'm just sayin when there's nothin but claps all around for the literal pedo clown, that's gotta mean somethin.

Maybe it just means you hang around with the wrong kind of people..
Jul 7, 2020 5:14 AM

Dec 2017
I think:
Kazuto kirigaya(SAO)
Saitama(One Punch Man)
Bell Cranel(DanMachi)
Don't fuck up the present, it's connected to your future!
Jul 7, 2020 5:16 AM

Apr 2018
I haven't seen anyone hating on Killua
Also Yang wenli
Jul 7, 2020 5:17 AM

Dec 2017
Hikki_Senpai said:
Male- Hikigaya Hachiman

Female- Rem

This will not change in the future as well(at least i think so). All favorite characters.

really support your decision with putting rem nice one 👍
Jul 7, 2020 5:18 AM

Dec 2017
Areesha33 said:
killua is a great character nothing to hate about him
Jul 7, 2020 5:21 AM

May 2020
LvChoKer said:
Areesha33 said:
killua is a great character nothing to hate about him

That's true. Killua is also a great character.
My MALoween✟Mansion 2022 Candies :
Jul 7, 2020 5:34 AM

Nov 2013
mikerjw said:
Maybe The Count of Monte Cristo from Gankutsuou? I think there are very few people that dislike that character.

I can understand how someone could make an argument against the count, by comparing him to the original written by Alexandre Dumas, for example. Even though the two have things in common, like the smoothness, they are very different in terms of morals. Like, the one from Gankutsuou believes in determinism, whereas the original defends providence.
Even though I still prefer the original, practically speaking, I've never seen anyone really hating the count from Gankutsuou, at least not yet, and he is one of my favorites characters, despite not agreeing with everything that he says, so I think you're right.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jul 7, 2020 5:41 AM
Apr 2020
JackCountdownt said:
I mean... Is that possible?

I think that the Jojo fans we all can agree that the best waifu is great
Also I dont know maybe Pen Pen from Evangelion I mean he is a penguin you cant hate a penguin,can you?

Now lets discuss.

Edit:I have been thinking,and also Sadaharu from Gintama he is a big dogo.Best pet of Gintama
https://myanimelist.net/character/2651/Sadaharu?q=sadaharu%20
I have to disagree on that best pet is--
Jugemu Jugemu Unko Nageki Ototoi no Shin-chan no Pantsu Shinpachi no Jinsei Barumunku Fezarion Aizakku Shunaidaa Sanbun no Ichi no Junjou na Kanjou no Nokotta Sanbun no Ni wa Sakamuke ga Kininaru Kanjou Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru you de Shiranai no wo Boku wa Shitteiru Rusu Surume Medaka Kazunoko Koedame Medaka... Kono Medaka wa Sakki to Chigau Yatsu Dakara Ikeno Medaka no Hou Dakara Raayu Yuuteimiyaoukimukou Pepepepepepepepepepepepe Bichiguso Maru
Jul 7, 2020 5:50 AM
Jan 2018
what about a Is there a character that we all can agree SHE is great? Thread
Jul 7, 2020 5:55 AM
Dec 2019
I mean Levi is hot and Gintoki is funny
Jul 7, 2020 6:05 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Hands-down Sakamoto from [i]Sakamoto desu ga?[i]. Anyone who thinks otherwise means that they haven't seen the show yet.
Jul 7, 2020 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
Mummykun said:
mikerjw said:
Maybe The Count of Monte Cristo from Gankutsuou? I think there are very few people that dislike that character.

I can understand how someone could make an argument against the count, by comparing him to the original written by Alexandre Dumas, for example. Even though the two have things in common, like the smoothness, they are very different in terms of morals. Like, the one from Gankutsuou believes in determinism, whereas the original defends providence.
Even though I still prefer the original, practically speaking, I've never seen anyone really hating the count from Gankutsuou, at least not yet, and he is one of my favorites characters, despite not agreeing with everything that he says, so I think you're right.
I agree that the novel, as well as the Count from the novel, are better both from a narrative and thematic perspective. The Count being one of my favorite characters in all fiction certainly carries over to anime, even if his rendition is worse, and the story's rendition as a whole is more so (I only rated Gankutsuou 6/10). I have him on my favorites list because the voice acting on his character is excellent, and his character still holds its own relative to the anime medium.
Feb 17, 2021 11:27 PM

Sep 2020
Eren yeager in season 4,of course,oh wait this thread is 2020
Feb 17, 2021 11:40 PM
Jul 2020
I think we all can agree that Araragi Koyomi is a great character.
Feb 18, 2021 12:39 AM

Jan 2021
Okabe Rintarou.... Or should I say HOUOUIN KYOUMA!

From Steins;Gate for those that don't know.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Feb 18, 2021 12:50 AM

Jul 2020
I think we can all agree that Eren Jaeger is one of the best written Protagonist in recent years.
Those who said they hate Eren are one of the most heartless ones
AlexPaulLEWZ said:
Hands-down Sakamoto from [i]Sakamoto desu ga?[i]. Anyone who thinks otherwise means that they haven't seen the show yet.

A guy says that the major flaw of Sakamoto is that he is flawless lmao.
ScordoloFeb 18, 2021 10:12 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 18, 2021 1:12 AM
Review Moderator
Life is strange.

Jun 2017
Scordolo said:

AlexPaulLEWZ said:

A guy says that the major flaw of Sakamoto is that he is flawless lmao.

That... is also undeniable! I quite agree to be honest
Feb 18, 2021 1:18 AM

Feb 2020
LvChoKer said:
I think:
Kazuto kirigaya(SAO)
Saitama(One Punch Man)
Bell Cranel(DanMachi)

Uhh I'm pretty sure Kirito is hated by many people. And I've seen people hate on Bell too bcuz they think he's being unrealistically kind and wimpy
a really troublesome girl just showed up at a troubling time to start some trouble.
Feb 18, 2021 1:31 AM

Feb 2020
Anyway, I think the characters that can be agreed to be great by most people are the ones that have significant value to the show but doesn't stand out too much.

Examples :

Ryuk (Death Note)
CC (Code Geass)
Zoro (One Piece) I haven't seriously watch One Piece yet but I also think he's generally well received

Some mentioned Hachiman, but you either think he's a great & relatable character or just a pretentious edgelord.
a really troublesome girl just showed up at a troubling time to start some trouble.
Feb 18, 2021 1:36 AM

Dec 2017
Shonichixx said:
LvChoKer said:
I think:
Kazuto kirigaya(SAO)
Saitama(One Punch Man)
Bell Cranel(DanMachi)

Uhh I'm pretty sure Kirito is hated by many people. And I've seen people hate on Bell too bcuz they think he's being unrealistically kind and wimpy
I gotta say that on every character will be a little hate we cant stop it
Feb 18, 2021 1:40 AM

Jan 2021
JackCountdownt said:
I mean... Is that possible?

I think that the Jojo fans we all can agree that the best waifu is great
Also I dont know maybe Pen Pen from Evangelion I mean he is a penguin you cant hate a penguin,can you?

Now lets discuss.

Edit:I have been thinking,and also Sadaharu from Gintama he is a big dogo.Best pet of Gintama
https://myanimelist.net/character/2651/Sadaharu?q=sadaharu%20

• All Might from BNHA?
  • Laboon and Chouchou from One Piece?
  • Rem Ram from ReZero?
  • Goku is hated/disliked? Although I'm sure not everyone likes him but does anyone hate him?
  • Is Saitama from One Punch Man hated?
Feb 18, 2021 1:43 AM

Feb 2020
LvChoKer said:
Shonichixx said:

I gotta say that on every character will be a little hate we cant stop it

Yeah. Bell is not really hated, people just thinks he's an alright character but Kirito is totally out bcuz he's definitely not well liked
Feb 18, 2021 1:45 AM

Jan 2021
Shonichixx said:
Anyway, I think the characters that can be agreed to be great by most people are the ones that have significant value to the show but doesn't stand out too much.

Examples :

Ryuk (Death Note)
CC (Code Geass)
Zoro (One Piece) I haven't seriously watch One Piece yet but I also think he's generally well received

Some mentioned Hachiman, but you either think he's a great & relatable character or just a pretentious edgelord.

Zoro is hated by people cz he's so cool that they're jealous of him lol.

Ryuk is hated by people as because of him a series of killing started just because he was "bored".

CC is a manipulative woman from the core. Her rash and despairing past doesn't make her eligible or give her a right to do play with people's minds.
Feb 18, 2021 1:48 AM

Apr 2017
I think Kobeni's car from Chainsaw Man is a very great character, I don't think anyone hates her.
cunnysseur
Feb 18, 2021 1:48 AM

Feb 2020
Zettaheisinium said:
Shonichixx said:

Examples :

Ryuk (Death Note)
CC (Code Geass)

Zoro is hated by people cz he's so cool that they're jealous of him lol.

Ryuk is hated by people as because of him a series of killing started just because he was "bored".

CC is a manipulative woman from the core. Her rash and despairing past doesn't make her eligible or give her a right to do play with people's minds.

I think those people hating must be easily pissed off by the littlest things ever *facepalm*
Feb 18, 2021 6:26 AM

Aug 2018
Eeerrrr... how about Jiraya Sensei? Or Pain? Or Itachi?
Feb 18, 2021 6:45 AM
May 2011
Guts
Yoruchi shihouin
Sasha
Tokoyami mha
Jet black
Jin from samurai champloo
Dr kenzo tenma
Shikamaru
Revy and rock
Daichi sawamura

I don’t see hate from the characters above, though many don’t get the attention that much
Feb 18, 2021 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
i dont think anybody disagrees that Pain and Guts are amazing characters.
Feb 18, 2021 6:56 AM
Jan 2021

Thors Snorresson from Vinland saga,

well imo "great" character is subjective
Feb 18, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2019
nice to see so many people say gintoki. i would say gintoki and reigen too
Feb 18, 2021 7:04 AM

Feb 2017
Mummykun said:
mikerjw said:

Wait, is there even an anime adaptation of the character Dantes from the original "Count of Monte Cristo"? I really wanted to see such a character and their revenge tale in anime but it's really hard to come across such a character that is actually well written. Both Shield Hero and Redo of Healer totally fucked it up. Is this "Gankutsuou" worth watching?
Best ending line in anime history = "My name is Saiki Kusuo. I am a psychic."
Feb 18, 2021 7:14 AM

Jul 2020
Tasel said:
I think Kobeni's car from Chainsaw Man is a very great character, I don't think anyone hates her.

This and the fact that car kun got higher votes than Kobeni in popularity poll is still hilarious.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 18, 2021 7:18 AM
Oct 2015
If there is I'll be following this thread as I currently have no clue about a character that can be defined as "Great" . 😎

If you don't appreciate art , anime aren't for you , there is nothing wrong in them , nothing is perfect !

If you criticize Anime you should release your reviews directly to people and authors that made em !

Anime will not get any better if reviews do not get outside the borders of this website , change this !
Feb 18, 2021 9:48 AM

Apr 2017
Scordolo said:
Tasel said:

This and the fact that car kun got higher votes than Kobeni in popularity poll is still hilarious.

Yeah, that cracked me up, being Kobeni is suffering.
cunnysseur
Feb 18, 2021 9:51 AM

Feb 2020
Scordolo said:
I think we can all agree that Eren Jaeger season 4 is one of the best written Protagonist in recent years.

wait, a few days ago, you said you hate Eren.

changed opinion very quickly :I
Feb 18, 2021 9:52 AM

Sep 2020
Hachiman Hikigaya from my teen romantic comedy.
Feb 18, 2021 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
Many people mention Gintoki, and I think so. I've literally seen no one who hates him despite Gintama being so "polemical" in this website and full of fake accounts and bots dedicated to rate Gintama a 1.
But of course, not EVERYONE will like him. That's statistically impossible.
Feb 18, 2021 10:01 AM

May 2019
Grimmer from Monster.(if you know you know)
Feb 18, 2021 10:09 AM

Jul 2020
animu007 said:
Scordolo said:
I think we can all agree that Eren Jaeger season 4 is one of the best written Protagonist in recent years.

wait, a few days ago, you said you hate Eren.

changed opinion very quickly :I

I said I hate his "Actions".........
Oop I meant season 1 Eren

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 18, 2021 10:10 AM

Jul 2019
Probably not. No matter which character you say, there'll always be people who dislike them. I mean someone mentioned Levi from AoT, and someone else mentioned Eren. I think they're both absolutely terrible characters.
Subarashii
Feb 18, 2021 10:13 AM

Feb 2020
many said it before and i guess i go with Gintoki as well.

Scordolo said:

I said I hate his "Actions".........

i know what i read >:I

but at least i agree with well written :I

Feb 18, 2021 10:25 AM
Jan 2021
No matter how great a character is there's
Always gonna be someone who hate it
But i think lelouch is a character that majority of mal user likes
Feb 18, 2021 10:34 AM

Sep 2017
no i honestly dont think so

theres always going to be somebody that hates a very lovable character for example

sadly wont ever happen

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 3 )

Anjuro - Jun 3

113 by Anjuro »»
11 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

74 by Takoyakirin »»
13 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film.

Old_School_Akira - Yesterday

47 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
25 minutes ago

» What Anime has the most genres & themes?

Zarutaku - Yesterday

6 by 7_3 »»
43 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1036 by Naledi_G »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.