Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 4 Discussion

Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 25, 2021 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Llyod sure gets a lot of hugs from this episode...

This episode still had its fair amount of comedy like when Alka walks in on Lloyd when he was naked. I swear, this usually happens in the opposite direction. That green uniform looks good on him though. Also, Marie is starting to grow onto me as a character, especially since she is one of the more mature from the cast.

Jan 25, 2021 5:48 AM

Feb 2018
So is this called a festival date, huh?

Actually Alka hates the grasshopper or not, but at least that hug is so cute, really don't understand. It's only when you go beyond human knowledge such as "Devil" or "disaster" Actually, how strong is Abaddon, huh. Monsters are scary, since when monsters are cute. Indeed they are cute in other series but, aren't grasshoppers scary? Throwing away grasshoppers is weird but, it's not impossible for Loyd-kun. Am I the only one who feels Loyd's dialogue with that man i mean that green guy, The grasshopper doing a sx, hhmm ... Is that Abaddon's minions, I mean those red eyes what happened to Colonel Meltfan.

Despite a lot of things going on, it's nice to see Tencho still doing well, xD. What's with that scene, it's repetitive, xD. That's Was so easy for Loyd-kun. Is there a problem with that cosplay joke, Loyd-kun. After all it's not the influence of sake, lol. Never sleep in front of the door, if you don't want to bounce, lol .... Rip Meltfan. Demon King (a drunk man who cosplayed as a king) it was like a curse-removing handkerchief. There's no need for thanks, whatever I'll do for Marie-san, xD. However, that hug made Seren jealous.

Village chief and chocolate banana, wtf. The weakness of guys is kicks in their pubes, lol. Wheat and bee technology that can be obtained all, It is managed by the village chief, Nice farm. Alka is helpless in front of the belt in red blood. It's the skin of the sacred beast Litra! Please don't destroy this country...
Jan 25, 2021 6:19 AM

Apr 2020
I wonder how hard Lloyd's head lol, Lloyd's handkerchief made the demon king's face clean xD, Selen was jealous because she saw Marie hugging Lloyd.

Lloyd looked good in a military clothes.
Jan 25, 2021 6:47 AM

Jun 2019
Ngl, the way this show is executing its comedic aspects are pretty interesting and funny. Lloyd once again being OP as ever. I shouldn't say it, but Talk no Jutsu really worked on that soldier as well. Lloyd sure knows what's he doing. Those clothes were looking great on him btw.
Jan 25, 2021 6:55 AM

Apr 2019
Lloyd is finally a soldier, took him pretty long. That demon lord didn't seem very strong... Lloyd is just too OP?

Girls fighting over Lloyd is starting to get annoying

Jan 25, 2021 6:55 AM
Sep 2020
Good episode, but the talk no jutsu is a bruh for me. Also no action again (as expected from this anime of course)
Jan 25, 2021 6:59 AM

Nov 2019
The heated jealousy between Alka and Selen is hilarious. Now Marie isn't the only one getting irritated by the loli-baba.
Jan 25, 2021 7:00 AM

Apr 2014
Very funny episode. I like how Lloyd thought that both Merthohan and the King are a drunken cosplayer and defeat both of them easily.
For Lloyd, monster = just an insect, and monster = maou. lmao 🤣🤣
Lloyd is totally on a different level.
Seren's belt looks like to be a very rare item, maybe there will be a story about her backstory and her belt in the future.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 25, 2021 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
lol this episode was so funny, lloyd is so popular and his brother is looks pretty cool.
Jan 25, 2021 7:03 AM

Jun 2012

Super funny episode, once again.
Jan 25, 2021 7:15 AM

Jul 2017
Lloyd is truly a splendid soldier, he gave that one soldier enough encouragement to be one aswell.
Also the soldier uniform suits him just right, a nice leap towards his dream. (bonus point of making Alka wet af)

I lost it when Lloyd thinks that the grasshopper form is a costume, that made him going on rage again. Classic Lloyd, lol.

So many hugs in this episode, this is my favorite one.

Jan 25, 2021 7:18 AM

Oct 2017
Another comedy gold episode, I'm glad the quality went up again. Almost everything in this episode was hilarious. Loli chief was amusing af once again.

Marie's reaction when she heard he was the demon lord was hilarious. Lmao Lloyd thought Mertophan got drunk and was cosplaying. The rivalry between Alka and Selen was quite amusing too. Also so her belt was a legendary artifact from the Kunlun village, no wonder it's so strong.

Their academy life is about to start, can't wait to see more amusing stuff.
Jan 25, 2021 7:27 AM

Sep 2019
DetectiveLevi said:
Good episode, but the talk no jutsu is a bruh for me. Also no action again (as expected from this anime of course)
This is a comedy,fantasy anime. If you are watching this for serious action then you are watching the wrong anime. This episode had really great comedy. All that talk was for the comedy that came after that.
Jan 25, 2021 7:34 AM
Sep 2020
ZeroTwo__002 said:
DetectiveLevi said:
This is a comedy,fantasy anime. If you are watching this for serious action then you are watching the wrong anime. This episode had really great comedy. All that talk was for the comedy that came after that.

After rewatching all of the episodes on muse asia, I can say that's a perfectly reasonable case, it's a comedy anime but the title is kinda the clickbait
Jan 25, 2021 8:07 AM

Jul 2017
Ah yes, the Attack of the Locusts, who are no match for the boonies kid Lloyd, and always the recurring comedic gag.

Even the comedy is on point with Marie and the supposedly Demon Lord, Allan being too fearful, the loli Chief Alka went berserk for a "ruined date" LOLS, yandere Selen just got a ot more hilarious, and Lloyd comes to the rescue against the mutated Merthophan and save his human soul through a display of cosplay...WHAT THE LOLS, not that I'm complaining about a comedic fantasy show to erase away Monday blues.

To send Merthophan to Kunlun Village for his punishment, that's some exact reason well enough. And Lloyd preparing to be accepted into the academy has everyone bellowing...at least for Alka vs. Selen in "romantic" terms.

The journey to become a soldier Hero starts here!
Jan 25, 2021 8:20 AM

Mar 2013
Well that was an anti-climactic fight. Abaddon must be some real basic bitch Demon Lord that Lloyd (from a place where they regularly beat down Demon Lords that he's considered to weak to fight) was able to just wipe him away like that. Literally.

Is Shoma up to something? Seems to know about the Abaddon situation and Alka wasn't happy about him being there.
RiotstarterJan 25, 2021 8:43 AM
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jan 25, 2021 8:28 AM

Feb 2019
I love the way the series doesn’t take itself too seriously. Lloyd is comically OP, but it’s executed in such a way that it remains very fun to watch. The characters are great so far and it’s just a really pleasant experience all around.

Lloyd’s harem is getting bigger and tensions are rising lol. Can’t wait to see where it goes from here.

Curse that belt for not letting us get nude salen
Jan 25, 2021 8:51 AM
Feb 2020
In 4 episodes they have already caught up to the manga while skipping a lot of stuff but the anime is cute and funny.
Jan 25, 2021 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
Lloyd easily took down that demon lord.

Selen is just too funny and I can't wait to see more of her with Lloyd in the academy.

Jan 25, 2021 9:44 AM
Jan 2021
I love Miss Marie Hug Lyold-Kun
Jan 25, 2021 10:25 AM
Sep 2019
Too much laughter ... Lol i can't control the chase b/w demon lord and maria ,fights b/w girls for Lyold , fighting merthophan, cleaning demon lord's face wow is too cool
Bla_ck_reap_erJan 25, 2021 10:29 AM

Jan 25, 2021 11:18 AM

Aug 2020
The only reason I just barely like this show is because of the comedy, without it, it would just be a run of the mill, generic show, pretty much it's only redeeming quality.

Jan 25, 2021 11:47 AM

Dec 2013
Now even Allan is part of his harem, with this new Shoma dude I wonder if LLoyd has been told that he is weak so he doesn't go to the dark side or if he is indeed "weak" compared to everyone on his town.
Jan 25, 2021 12:30 PM
Sep 2010
well that was a letdown, what a boring way to beat a supposed demon lord.
so basically nothing in this series is going to be an actual threat is it.
Jan 25, 2021 12:33 PM

Sep 2019
Lmao they switched back from the serious plot quickly, last episode was made for a joke all along. I'm glad it got back to the comedy. Good episode.
Jan 25, 2021 12:37 PM

Aug 2020
I like this show but the clueless protagonist trope's starting to annoy me.

I get that the MC not being aware of his strength is the main gag of the series but it's starting to drag on too long now.
Jan 25, 2021 1:24 PM

Sep 2018
God, this crap isn't funny nor good at all. Barely cracking a smile every episode which is crazy for me. The MC being an absolute oblivious tard isn't helping either. You'd think if the had even half a brain, he'd understand or figure out all these things happening so far.
Jan 25, 2021 2:08 PM
Dec 2018
I feel pity for all those anime "experts" that complained about "rUSHed pACe" on the previous episode LMAO

Everything was basically a joke that took a bit longer to build lol
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jan 25, 2021 2:29 PM

Feb 2015
expired_0 said:
The only reason I just barely like this show is because of the comedy, without it, it would just be a run of the mill, generic show, pretty much it's only redeeming quality.

The comedy is literally what the show is about. It's like a parody of all the generic run of the mill shows (at least that's what is seems to be with what we've been shown so far).

Another funny episode. I'm really glad they managed to keep the Llyod-being-op-jokes funny so far (probably cause that isn't the only joke they are using). One Punchman got so stale after just three episodes, that not even the amazing animation was able to make up for it imo ^^'
Let's see if they can keep that up :)
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 25, 2021 2:33 PM

Apr 2020
Glordit said:

Super funny episode, once again.

ngl this reminded me of the faces Sasha and others used to make in AoT Season 1. good times.
Jan 25, 2021 2:36 PM

Apr 2020
Well looks like they manage to stop the Demon King's threat and save the kingdom from utter destruction. Lloyd is now a full-fledged soldier with the help of Alan, and it seems like everything is back to normal.

Ik that without the comedy and the hilarious use of exaggerated faces, this show is going to be NOTHING. But I just can't help but laugh to some of the slapstick jokes they throw every now and then. From Lloyd's handling of the grasshoppers (it only needs ONE FLICK), to Selen's erratic switch from lovestruck to yandere, and everyone else who just keeps making me laugh....unironically.
Jan 25, 2021 2:45 PM

Aug 2020
talk no jutsu: activate!
:)
Jan 25, 2021 3:05 PM

Dec 2014
I was really hoping that this series will start being somewhat serious with some plot because it have potential but unfortunately after 4 episodes it's unfunny, cringy and boring show ;/
Jan 25, 2021 3:24 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Dang, what a reaction.
Poor locust demon lord got wiped out easily without a sweat. The moment of Lloyd did his speech. Wtf? Was that even a joke? Oh, man. Its a nah. Nonsense af ancient rune, but its very addicted. That's what happened in general. Also, Marie looked cuter and her hug, well, its very passionate. I see the sparks.

No tense, just fluffy end, a lot of praise, and hug, for my blonde boy Lloyd. Whats so funny else, where Selen belt deflected any attack, and even loli baba curses. What a god dang item! Lloyd unexpected met with Shouma just the only serious plot over this conclusion episode. Idk why but i feel like his brother will be the last boss, with that red dragon in the opening sequence. Other than that, its just fine, and well, i pretty much flustered with the way these episode proceeded. Lol
badabassJan 25, 2021 7:02 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 25, 2021 3:28 PM
Nov 2020
I’m pretty interested in this anime but I would’ve liked Lloyd to actually fight the demon lord lol. We know he’s powerful but he doesn’t so I wanna actually see some of that power displayed now and then, not including the grasshoppers.
Jan 25, 2021 4:05 PM

Dec 2014
Nice episode again, that went down exactly as anyone would have thought. xD

I love how they aren't afraid to turn literally any scenario into something more comical just to remind you of the tone of the show and I think the show is better that way. Marie's reaction to hearing the kind was possessed by a Demon Lord and after seeing Lloyd was funny.

Lloyd is too pure for his own, hilarious how he just wiped the Demon Lord away.
Selen must've died inside when she saw Marie hugging Lloyd. Interesting that her belt is a rare artifact, I wonder how it got too her, I wanted to hear the story. It must be pretty insane if can deflect attacks from the village chief. I'm also curious about Shoma.

Soldier academy finally begins! The gang seems like a fun bunch with Riho probably being the only level headed one.
Jan 25, 2021 5:14 PM

Oct 2020
Lesson learned: Don't interfere whenever Lloyd talks, because you're going to regret it.

Jan 25, 2021 5:35 PM

Dec 2012
I understand that this is their idea of comedy. But they took the 'gullible idiot MC' trope way too far and now it's just painful to watch. Too bad I guess
Jan 25, 2021 7:30 PM

Mar 2014
Great finale even though some jokes are extremely old classics.
I am giving 4/10 and I will miss this anime absolutely.
Jan 25, 2021 7:33 PM

Mar 2019
Alka is the Sun of this series<3

Super Powered & Super Cute Loli<3
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jan 25, 2021 7:38 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Although I still prefer the first two episodes much more this episode was big improvement from last week's episode imo. I find Selen to be very annoying but I really enjoy the character dynamics between Marie and Lloyd.

Jan 25, 2021 7:58 PM
Mar 2015
Lloyd wiped out the demon lord with his cloth and made into the academy
Jan 25, 2021 9:02 PM

Jun 2019
A better episode than the previous one. It didn’t take itself seriously this time around, which made it more enjoyable. I’m still not the biggest fan of this anime, but it is mostly inoffensive and has some chuckle-worthy moments.
Jan 25, 2021 9:19 PM
Jan 2020
Talk no Jutsu is really awesome.

Lloyd brother.. I don't know but.. When Lloyd mentioned his name infront of Alca, her reactions is telling me that Shouma is now become Conron enemy? And fact about he knew about Abaddon making me suspect he is the true mastermind behind of that.
Kur4y4m1Jan 25, 2021 9:26 PM
Jan 25, 2021 10:46 PM

Sep 2010
First time I've ever seen someone defeat a demon lord by wiping a handkerchief on his face.
Jan 25, 2021 10:50 PM

May 2020
Everyone gangsta doubting he's the weakest in his village til they actually show that the 2nd weakest is actually OPM remastered XD
Jan 25, 2021 11:58 PM

Oct 2016
Lmao, that was great. Just what I wanted after that kind of serious previous episode. Marie's reaction after finding out the enemy was a demon lord was priceless. This show knows how to have fun and I really like it, I hope it keeps it up until the end.
Jan 26, 2021 12:00 AM

Jul 2020
Ngl the whole "Lloyd is oblivious" thing is kinda getting a bit annoying, but I guess I can still put up with it.

Other than that, pretty good episode, he's finally starting at the academy.
Jan 26, 2021 1:09 AM
Mar 2018
The demon lord was just wiped away by Lloyd's cloth, and Lloyd didn't even know lmao. Also Lloyd get recruited into the miliary, nice! Can't wait to see him ace everything.

Jan 26, 2021 1:54 AM
Jul 2017
UgH! I'm so tired of the <core premise of this show>! When will they change the show to be more <thing that was never promised by the concept or promotional material>!

I can understand not like the show or the characters, but I'm baffled by the people expecting this to become a serious fantasy show.

For me Lloyd's sweet and good natured personality is what save this from becoming yet another OP hero show (or lazy OP hero "parody").

The interactions of the harem (and Loli-Grandma's curses) are where I'm getting the big laughs :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Better w/o MC

Hiroko_Takashiro - Aug 18, 2023

8 by Pieromysl »»
Apr 20, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Syureria - Jan 18, 2021

71 by Mcspegotie »»
Mar 9, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2021

52 by Sayan_Pal »»
Feb 16, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

145 by BrycedOut »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2021

40 by Sekie »»
Oct 3, 2023 1:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.