Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 16, 2021 5:07 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Back then Big Mom still had some bounce

Last week we got chaotic dynamic and this episode was basically just exposition on legends, their achievements and some massive bounty flex. Crazy numbers I never would've expected to see when Luffy got his 30mio xD

And there are some interesting parallels between God Valley and Raftel...Anyway, some more build up next episode and then we're going to enter

Btw who else does think that Dragon has at least a higher bounty than Whitebeard?
FMmatronJan 17, 2021 9:24 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 16, 2021 6:31 PM

Sep 2019
FMmatron said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Back then Big Mom's still had some bounce

Last week we got chaotic dynamic and this episode was basically just exposition on legends, their achievements and some massive bounty flex. Crazy numbers I never would've expected back to see when Luffy got his 30mio xD

And there are some interesting parallels between God Valley and Raftel...Anyway, some more build up next episode and then we're going to enter
which chapter it adapted?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 16, 2021 6:36 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Possibly the most hype episode in all of One Piece. The bounty reveals and the whole rocks revelations were incredible. I loved every second of it. The last two episodes have really impressed me and honestly I do have my issues with some parts back in act 2 in the anime but they've definitely made up for it. Episodes like these where they branch outside of the strawhats really help make the series special for me. It really makes the world feel so much bigger and more alive and I love that.

10/10 Episode again. I can't wait to fully get into act 3 next week
ManWildJan 16, 2021 6:46 PM

Jan 16, 2021 6:37 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
Peeti said:
FMmatron said:
Back then Big Mom's still had some bounce

Last week we got chaotic dynamic and this episode was basically just exposition on legends, their achievements and some massive bounty flex. Crazy numbers I never would've expected back to see when Luffy got his 30mio xD

which chapter it adapted?

The episode today adapted chapter 957

Jan 16, 2021 6:38 PM

Apr 2014
This episode was well done. Seeing Roger every time is awesome. The Rocks Pirate group was no joke the fact is they were in big fame before Roger himself. Kaido and Big Mom teaming up just became a little more crazy than before.
Jan 16, 2021 6:41 PM
Jul 2020
I was hoping to see garp vs roger but this was an awsome episode either way loved seing roger cant wait to see more of him
Jan 16, 2021 6:50 PM
Mar 2019
This why One Piece is peak fiction
Jan 16, 2021 7:13 PM

Mar 2020
Damnnn, all Yonko bounties revealed, I am really interested in seeing what happened at God Valley man! Not to forget Rocks Pirates had to be one hell of a pirate group, but Garp and Roger together were so strong to stop them. Ah, and I love the suggestive nature of Sengoku with Luffy also being in Wano, the land where many legends tie back to! And as always, it is a treat to see Roger!!!!!!
Jan 16, 2021 7:22 PM

Jul 2007
and that Ladies and Gentlement is why Wano is an extremly immportant arc for the story of One piece. Excited yet?

Get ready to enter an amazing backstory next as act 3 finally gets underway next week.

Jan 16, 2021 7:44 PM

Apr 2019
Great backstory, can’t wait for the next few upcoming episodes...

Jan 16, 2021 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
daymmm, the bounties and rocks are finally revealed!! this episode was so hype and we learnt way too much information i cant even process it all
Jan 16, 2021 7:48 PM

Jun 2014
I can't remember the last time we got 2 fire One Piece episodes in a row like this. The background information we got, the bounty reveals, and the foreshadowing/setup of what's to come were great. Onward to Act 3!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jan 16, 2021 7:52 PM

Oct 2017
Finally the bounty reveal of the Emperor's in the anime. Roger and Whitebeard still has the record of highest bounties, they were true monsters. Also we are finally about to enter one of the best arc in one piece.
Jan 16, 2021 8:01 PM

Jul 2007
Its exciting that us manga readers no longer have to be tight lipped about this any more lol. Now everyone can theorize and discuss things together. Yes Oda has introduced a new Major villian that pretty much dwarfs that of Kaido and big mom. The mystery of God valley a new named location in the Op world, the revelation behind Garp and the hero of the marines and lastly the shocking 6 new bounty reveals of the 4 current emperors along with the 2 legends of the past.

So much information packed into one episode, you can only imagine how us manga readers felt reading this for the first time.

but its not over... now we are about to enter one of the best story arcs in all of one piece so prepare your selfs. Things are about to get crazy in the land of wano, "don't you think Sakazuki?"

Sengoku: "Would you young fleglings like to know more?"
ArtimesGamerJan 16, 2021 9:49 PM

Jan 16, 2021 8:38 PM

Jul 2020
ACT 3 TIME NEXT WEEK. LETS F*CKING GOOOOOO!!!!

I accept random friend requests!
Jan 16, 2021 9:31 PM

Nov 2018
Now I see why this is getting all the hype, a lot of huge reveals and a history lesson for us anime-onlys. Definitely one of the best world building episodes out there for One Piece.
So I've been banned from MAL-Badges, after spending nearly two years of my time and dedication to helping out, being the club's spokesperson, and planning for the revamp, it all goes down the fucking drain. What a joke the club has become. I advise everyone to stop using the feature and stop showing their support for the site and the club. We were promised that we will see changes come to the site, and nothing's been done for the past year. I doubt the site will be touched for the foreseeable future. If you're angry and annoyed about the lack of development, then good, you should be.
Jan 16, 2021 10:48 PM

Aug 2014
One Piece is truly going on a very nice pace, absolutely loved it. This is the show that I want to see.
Jan 16, 2021 11:26 PM

Dec 2011
Another amazing episode. I hope they will add filers in Oden's flashback as i want to see more of him..
Jan 16, 2021 11:37 PM
Jun 2015
kaitonic said:
Another amazing episode. I hope they will add filers in Oden's flashback as i want to see more of him..
with how slow the fuckin pacing is let's not. Im sure Oda will give him more screen time down the road
Jan 17, 2021 12:50 AM

Sep 2019
They finally revealed the huge pirates’ bounties and obviously, Roger has the biggest bounty of all time. The backstory of Whitebeard, Big Mom and the Rocks Pirates was great.
Jan 17, 2021 12:56 AM

Mar 2012
I am surprised that marines don't know their own history.
I wonder what they teach in the marine academy.
Jan 17, 2021 1:18 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Mildly disappointed with this episode.
Jan 17, 2021 2:05 AM
Nov 2019
I think the biggest force in the future could be Blackbeard Pirates, Marshall D. Teach
bounty is kinda low right now,i expect it to go a bit higher around 3 Mil.

Jan 17, 2021 2:12 AM

Jul 2016
shane_nichols said:
kaitonic said:
with how slow the fuckin pacing is let's not. Im sure Oda will give him more screen time down the road

Super super slow pacing.
Jan 17, 2021 2:28 AM

Jul 2015
Can't believe there was a pirate group more dangerous than that of Roger. Really hyped, especially because of the bounties reveal and the history lesson, for the battle that is going to come.

Jan 17, 2021 2:55 AM
Apr 2016
Sad that I was spoiled those bounties, but it was still really awesome. This episode was just packed with information, love episodes like this!
Jan 17, 2021 4:30 AM

Apr 2020
Damn the adaptation is so slow. We go to see another info dump of an episode. The chapter had it go way faster.

I think we will soon get to see Oden animated. Good episode.
--AbiSa--
Jan 17, 2021 4:33 AM

Apr 2020
AhmedHan said:
I am surprised that marines don't know their own history.
I wonder what they teach in the marine academy.

The World Government hides a lot of things. Remember what happened to Ohara. This in fact shows how strict the World Government is, even hiding it from the newer Marines.
--AbiSa--
Jan 17, 2021 4:48 AM
Sep 2020
Loved it one of the best episode 😍
Jan 17, 2021 4:56 AM
Jan 2018
MegamiRem said:
Finally the bounty reveal of the Emperor's in the anime. Roger and Whitebeard still has the record of highest bounties, they were true monsters. Also we are finally about to enter one of the best arc in one piece.

I didn't realise that their bounties were not announced in the anime before.
Jan 17, 2021 7:31 AM

Apr 2015
Act 3 is starting next week. This is going to be so good!
Jan 17, 2021 8:54 AM

Mar 2016
Slow paced or not, it was an totally worth info dump episode, and I always enjoy those. Act 3, here we go!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jan 17, 2021 9:16 AM
Aug 2020
Incredible Episode.
I was gasping throughout the episode.

But I wanna know more...
Bounty of Rocks D Xebec.
Bounties of Warlords.
And More about old era.

Damn

AVSenpaiJan 17, 2021 9:23 AM
Jan 17, 2021 9:36 AM

Aug 2018
Greatly made episode, whole backstory of Rocks and Garp was interesting, of course the epic Yonko + Roger's bounty reveal is legendary.

But still all non manga readers have no idea how hyped this reveal was and how the chapter itself was being considered one of the greatest ever when it was released
Jan 17, 2021 10:34 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
When they said " Highest pirate bounties " makes me wonder how much Dragon has, already feeling like end game.
Jan 17, 2021 11:48 AM
Sep 2018
very good episode. We know a little more about the Rocks crew now.
Jan 17, 2021 3:46 PM

Apr 2020
shane_nichols said:
kaitonic said:
Next episode adapts two whole chapters...from what I heard they will speed up the pace in Wano (except Act 3) because they want to pad Act 3 with fillers for the backstory and Toei is intending to work with Oda for that....

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Jan 17, 2021 3:48 PM

Apr 2020
pekin said:
Act 3 is starting next week. This is going to be so good!
And the backstory the episode after (next week will surprisingly adapt two chapters)

It's not an anime,
without a beach episode.

- William Shakespeare
Jan 17, 2021 5:09 PM

Dec 2013
The Rocks pirate group sounds like a terrifying crew. Garp really does deserve to be called a hero.

After all these years we finally got the bounty reveals for the biggest pirates in the series!
Jan 17, 2021 5:25 PM
Oct 2015
I wonder where the marines got the scoop that Kaido and Big Mom are going to team up?
Big Mom going to Wano was already known to Fujitora since that call between Kaido and BM happened before Reverie.

Either CP.0 in Wano told Tenryuubito about it, or Koby relayed it to marines from Drake. Or there is another traitor among Beast Pirates.
Jan 17, 2021 7:31 PM
Dec 2018
asapabri said:
shane_nichols said:
Next episode adapts two whole chapters...from what I heard they will speed up the pace in Wano (except Act 3) because they want to pad Act 3 with fillers for the backstory and Toei is intending to work with Oda for that....

thats bullshit lol

-----------
Jan 17, 2021 8:09 PM

Mar 2015
A bit of a history lesson in this one.. lul I hate it when this anime uses nobodies to fanboy other characters up but such is the style of One Piece.

On to act 3 next week!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 17, 2021 9:10 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know what to say at this point. It's so insane how crazy all this became. God Valley a new mysterious island besides Raftel where most likely the biggest fight happened so far between Garp and Gold Roger vs the Rocks pirates which got led by someone with the D in his name. What kind of monster must Xebec have been to be able to be the captain of such a scary pirate crew? I hope we get more information about him in the future.

Since the first time we learned about the emperors I was always speculating about their bounties but just to think that everyone of them besides Blackbeard has a 4 - 5 times higher bounty then Luffy blew me away. I would have guessed that Shanks grp is the most balanced one of them all. I always remember the scene when Kizaro saw Ben Beckman at Marine Ford. He seemed a little bit scared about him and even if this was a funny moment, it shows how much respect these men have earned in the world. Sad that we still couldn't see the bounties of the former Warlords like Mihawk.

After this episode it's even more understandable how important Wano really was and still is for the story and the world. I'm sure the legends, persons and events which are tied up there together will have and even bigger impact in the future.

Overall again a fanatastic episode. The focus was completely on the marine and the events from the past and it still managed to be soooo exciting. That's what I love so much about One Piece. The whole world and the side characters feel so much more alive and gaining depth other shows could only dream of.

And now we're finally at Act 3. Can't wait to see what will happen from now on.

Natsu88Jan 17, 2021 9:17 PM

Jan 17, 2021 9:20 PM

Nov 2018
Toei stepping their game up.

What about Monkey D dragon bounty?
Jan 17, 2021 10:43 PM
Nov 2019
I love the opening. Sets up the mood really well for the episode.

Can we get more of the younger-big mom please ?-
Jan 18, 2021 3:13 AM

May 2014
Daym, they put a lot of information on the table. About time we get to known the bounties of the 4 yonkos. Looks like Luffy's bounty is far from them, and it really makes me wonder how he plans to defeat Kaido. Even with his Ryou, he doesn't stand any chance, especially if he teams up with Big Mom.

So, if I am not wrong the bounties of the big fries and the yonkos are in this order:
1. Roger
2. Whitebeard
3. Kaido
4. Big Mom
5. Shanks
6. Blackbeard

This makes things super interesting. Also, cool to hear that Garp and Roger have fought together. Hopefully, we get to know more about this and other fights. It's no wonder Roger entrusted his son to Garp. It makes sense now, tbh.

PS! The ep. was amazing regarding pace and quality. This is probably a new year gift and the sloooooooow pace will probably come back next week. On the positive side, we are now going to the last act in the Wano arc. I can't wait to see what's going to happen.
mangalicker94Jan 18, 2021 3:17 AM
Jan 18, 2021 3:14 AM

May 2014
Sqream said:
I love the opening. Sets up the mood really well for the episode.

Can we get more of the younger-big mom please ?-

Yeah, she looked hot before she turned into an old obese hag. Hahaha
Jan 18, 2021 7:23 AM

Nov 2015
Fun Fact or trivia : Blackbeard ship name is The Saber of Xebec !!!

Jan 18, 2021 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
big mom and kaido alliance seems to be interesting, what must have happened to sabo.
Jan 18, 2021 8:24 PM

Jul 2007
For some reason I feel like the manga readers were alot more shook when Golden Lion shiki, Captain John and silver axe was revealed. Outside of all the crazy revelations about ROX pirates and Xebec along with the yonko bounties, the reveal of SHIKI is HUGE. We readers have been waiting just forever for him to pop up in the story again and this confirms that Shiki will play a big part in the future.

Also the anime made it seem like that all the rox pirates are dead, well obvously that is not true because Shiki we know is an escapee from impel down and Captain John was a legendary pirate that buggy's entire motive/goal has been centered around as he's after captain john treasure.

The crew may have disolved but they are certainly not dead.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - 11 hours ago

16 by Vindicater »»
12 minutes ago

» The most attractive person in the show? ( 1 2 )

tommygunn34 - Sep 17

90 by ShyBD »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1090 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jan 13

94 by Atlas77 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1070 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Jul 29, 2023

322 by eustasskidd11 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1067 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Jul 1, 2023

88 by eustasskidd11 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.