Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2009 11:47 AM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mitarai looked cute in his little tennis outfit.

RtheO
Jul 28, 2010 10:58 AM

May 2009
WOW awesome episode, I even wanted to see more of those videogames =)
Guess I'll have to watch the next one
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Oct 4, 2010 12:49 PM

Mar 2010
Kinda Bland but its good to see some tennis i suppose,

Poor botan ill be with you XD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 16, 2013 5:27 AM

May 2012
I was surprised with Genkai playing the game. Not bad.. hehe.
Apr 24, 2015 1:28 AM

Aug 2013
I vaguely remember being told there were video games in this series before I started it, and I guess this is what was meant by that.
Apr 22, 2017 6:54 PM

Sep 2015
Too bad most of the arcades in the U.S. are closed down
Apr 26, 2017 5:11 AM

Dec 2013
This battle makes this series feel really old.
Jun 27, 2017 8:40 AM
Nov 2015
FUWA FUWA TIME!!

Love how Togashi is being whimsical even at this late stage of the arc.

Amanuma in the cow costume looking like a midget is sooo adorable

And Mitarai donned up in white with shirt and short and white headband is also soooo adorable.

Yuuuppppp, Amanume offers some truths. There are many reasons for being a loner.
Sean_NessmanJun 27, 2017 8:54 AM
Aug 7, 2017 7:24 AM

Jun 2016
In the first part of this show with the battle of Kaito and the gang I had assumed the writing was as poor as ever, and that's why even though they could of easily won they didn't. It turned out they were intentionally not using their powers to kill/win, they were doing it to teach them a lesson so I was surprised. Now yet again we're seeing incredible powers be used in silly ways when they could be much more useful(Sniper not firing bullets until the end or Game Master choosing a game they could play/win at when theoretically he could just make a game that needs 9 people and never open the door). This isn't a huge problem, it's just cheesy and contrived how the powers are being used, yet even if the premise and execution of the territories can be bad at times the fights still end up being better than the majority in dark tournament, and a lot of them are used well. So, it's not a massive issue at all and I'm still enjoying the hell out of this arc, but I'm a bit sad to see the enemies act just as ridiculous as Kaito and them did in the test fight.

Speaking of i just realized Kido is still in the hospital. These supports mostly defined by their powers alone, Kido just being shadow guy, Yanagisawa being the copy guy, and Murata being the mind reader(who happened to have a little character arc from selfish to heroic). Kaito is defined by both his word power and his relationship with Kurama, so slightly better than the others, and the only real "good" character is Mitarai having been developed and having motives/backstory as well as having a defined personality even if it is being a loner baby. For the record, I don't think every character has to be a Shinji Ikari in terms of depth. Nor do I think characters need to be more than they are in this show to do their job when they're supports, but I do think they could've been more fleshed out in terms of personalities and dialogue. Would make them a lot more memorable and human, rather than just copy guy and co.

Edit: Complaining about game masters territory was unfair, next episode really gave justice to his silly power. I was jaded from by views on this series from the past arcs. Chapter Black continues to surprise and impress.

gfsdfgsdgsdfgsAug 8, 2017 4:01 AM
May 26, 2018 3:16 PM

Apr 2010
"HOW'S HE SUPPOSE TO CONCENTRATE WHEN HE'S TALKING LIKE A LITTLE BITCH!"

Greatest line ever.

Oct 8, 2018 5:19 PM

Nov 2016
I like these video game elements Togashi was using.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 29, 2019 10:41 PM

Jul 2017
I kind of liked this episode. It was more lighthearted in a sense, and I enjoyed Genkai's comments on video games. The actual tennis match was super short, which was kind of weird but refreshing too.
Jun 2, 2019 12:52 PM
Apr 2016
Honestly I'm not a big fan of this "game" part, seems really boring... Poor Botan, getting left behind like that :(
Sep 27, 2019 1:03 PM

Jun 2015
It's come. My favorite territory.
Apr 5, 2020 12:03 AM

Jun 2014
rebelakuma said:
I was surprised with Genkai playing the game. Not bad.. hehe.
there was a scene when Genkai was playing a video game. Pre-dark tournament arc when Yusuke went to Genkai to train. Genkai also used arcade/gaming center exam when she was searching for her successor.

Togashi obviously had ran out of idea so he was rushing this arc. The introductio of this arc was interesting but the execution was bad. Yana, Kidu and Kaito ate almost useless now, well there abilities are situational. Only the Yusuke vs Sniper was the coolest part of this arc.
Apr 29, 2020 11:17 PM

Mar 2020
Genkai is the original Girl Gamer
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Sep 2, 2020 6:09 AM

Oct 2009
Baa-san is gamer! and pro than Yusuke hahaha
Jan 7, 2021 10:33 AM

Dec 2007
genkai has done better in the gam than yusuke xD

wonder what this arc has more to us.
Aug 4, 2021 9:57 PM

Aug 2018
lmfao at Keiko talking to the cop xDDDDDDDD

Jan 11, 6:01 PM

Mar 2022
Great episode and am I the only one that thinks Mitarai would fit right in with the cast of Prince of Tennis with his plain white outfit and headband? Maybe it's just me. Anyways apparently Genkai's a gamer. XD But I guess that also makes sense seeing as she had like arcade to test who would be her successor to be trained at the beginning of the show. Though saying that, I didn't expect her to go further into the game than Yusuke. XD

For all the dark and gritty stuff we've gotten in the last several episodes for this arc, I do like how it's very lighthearted and it's a bit of fresh air from all the stuff involving Sensui so again the Chapter Black saga is really delivering for me at the moment. It's really good, it's really good.
Mar 15, 7:31 PM

Oct 2023
"His territory is inside of him" Then it's just a regular power! Why even call it a territory at all?

The most engaging sections of the episode were the things happening in the background, much as I enjoyed the game world concept. Koenma clearly has some sort of strange plan he's attempting to set up so he can counter Sensui, and I hope it's not going to be an ass pull when that situation arises.

Many plot elements I thought would be woven more tightly into the full narrative have started to become less interesting or outright irrelevant. Why not just have the portal open up completely if were going to keep arbitrarily shortening the time it takes for it to do so? What happened to Kamiya and Murota? Why doesn't Gourmet just eat Kuwabara now, or why doesn't Kuwabara himself try to think of a way out? The Doctor mini-arc really sold me at first, but I guess we're not here for a long ride and more just a fun ride. It's good, but not quite as great as it was.

Let's hope Gamemaster here holds up as well as he should in that regard.
Jun 22, 2:15 AM
Jan 2022
oh 2 hours isnt that convenient for how many more episodes there are left

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 73 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 15, 2009

34 by KoniginElle »»
Sep 26, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 112 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarthDaimyo - Jun 7, 2010

130 by Flomik »»
Sep 22, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 72 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Dec 15, 2009

29 by KoniginElle »»
Sep 22, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 22 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 18, 2009

28 by oozePOP »»
Sep 20, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 21 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 18, 2009

39 by oozePOP »»
Sep 19, 10:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.