Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 23, 2019 10:41 AM
Feb 2019
I saw the anime yesterday and I found it simply beautiful.I see so many people talking about the end,saying that is too rushed,but I think that's intentional.The anime builds up slowly so the end is really made for shock you.It's like a slap of emotion.The end its so heartbreaking and I haven't seen many people giving the value that it deserves.The fact the two people that love each other so much that even death can't break their deep relationship,plus the final scene where they reincarnated and meet each other again after so many time made me want to scream to my pillow.What do you think?
Sep 29, 2019 11:59 PM

Jan 2017
Δ°t is just you, This anime is an overrated trash Plot holes are too big and Many, action is almost non existent, anything barely makes any sense and The final episodes are especially Garbage
Sep 30, 2019 4:40 PM
Sep 2019
Nope, not just you. I finished the series a few weeks back, and have been processing it ever since. It is visually beautiful, has some very good character development (and that opinion is coming from a strong lit. background) and I disagree with the often stated opinion that the ending was somehow rushed. It all fit together rather well, I felt. I love this series and its positive messages about love and personal growth. It is one that I'll be returning to from time to time, guaranteed.

Don't let the negative comments get you down. Just keep on loving and appreciating this little gem, this piece of art that is Darling in the FranXX.
Oct 2, 2019 11:58 PM
Oct 2019
I finished it today and rewatched my favorite episodes it ain’t just you to me this rivals dxd my previous favorite, it’s gonna take a lot to fill this void, I just want to believe zero two and hiro are still with each other forever, but yeah to me best anime ever but that’s my opinion.
Oct 3, 2019 9:12 PM

Feb 2009
Not just you. I've rewatched this a few times, introducing friends to it each time, and each of them have loved it. I remember watching it the first time, and honestly, for the first couple of episodes, I was certain that it was all just a big excuse to frame mech piloting as sexual innuendo. But somewhere along the way, the characters started confronting very intense emotional issues, and I became invested in their character growth.

By the end, I was emotionally invested in just about everyone, and the timeskips at the end each left me choked up as little details were revealed in fast-forward. And like you, I think the reincarnation ending was an absolutely perfect cap to what might otherwise have been a bittersweet ending.
Oct 4, 2019 12:25 PM
Feb 2019
Thank you all! I was feeling a little uncertain about the anime because I have a lot of friends who watched it and they all say the same thing over and over"the final is trash" or "this don't make any sense", but after seeing someone that has the same opinion as me make say again and with no fears that Darling in the Franxx is a really amazing anime!
Oct 4, 2019 12:31 PM
Apr 2016
DAlfaia said:
Thank you all! I was feeling a little uncertain about the anime because I have a lot of friends who watched it and they all say the same thing over and over"the final is trash" or "this don't make any sense", but after seeing someone that has the same opinion as me make say again and with no fears that Darling in the Franxx is a really amazing anime!
"really amazing anime," just to make sure, you do know it's a copy of Evangelion? Like, everything is a literal copy, even the ending was more of a failed attempt to copy Evangelion's ending.
Oct 5, 2019 12:27 AM
Feb 2019
twoego said:
DAlfaia said:
"really amazing anime," just to make sure, you do know it's a copy of Evangelion? Like, everything is a literal copy, even the ending was more of a failed attempt to copy Evangelion's ending.

On that point, I can't really say anything, simply because I haven't seen Evangelion yet. It's just a guess, but I bet that even if I watch it, I'll still prefer Darling in the Franxx.
Oct 5, 2019 6:35 AM
Apr 2016
DAlfaia said:
twoego said:

On that point, I can't really say anything, simply because I haven't seen Evangelion yet. It's just a guess, but I bet that even if I watch it, I'll still prefer Darling in the Franxx.
You would not, I am saying that as someone that has watched Darling in the Franxx first and liked it. It will just pain you to see how much of a ripoff Franxx is...
Oct 5, 2019 6:47 AM

Jan 2013
twoego said:
DAlfaia said:
Yeah, let's not pretend like Evangelion was original as well...
You should know where Eva and its creator got their influences from.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 5, 2019 7:05 AM
Apr 2016
Cabron said:
twoego said:
Being influenced and straight up copy pasting is a different thing. We can take Ashita no Joe and Hajime no Ippo as an example, Hajime no Ippo's author was influenced by Ashita no Joe, to a point they shared some similarities; yet in no way Hajime no Ippo is "unoriginal" because of Ashita no Joe. At the end, a show being influenced by something should not devalue it's worth.
Nov 26, 2019 9:22 AM

Feb 2016
I didn't like the show overall. Zero two has become one of my favorite characters and is the only redeeming thing about the show for me
Nov 28, 2019 2:35 AM
Jul 2012
I agree with you OP. I found it to be a really beautiful anime, and I'm surprised the top 4 reviews have scores of 1,1,1 and 3. I feel like they have completely missed the points with all the things that happened in the anime, but not everyone can like the same lol.

Like someone already wrote "...it’s gonna take a lot to fill this void..." it's not an anime I will soon forget.
teubert2Nov 28, 2019 2:58 AM
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Nov 28, 2019 10:28 AM

Nov 2012
I like this series too. I enjoyed watching this.
I know that theres a lot of mecha anime like this but lets just enjoy it.
Dec 4, 2019 3:55 AM
Oct 2017
Yup, it is just you. There are tons of mecha anime that deserves better attention and way more stunning in term of animation and storyline than this piece of crap
Dec 9, 2019 9:58 AM

Jan 2015
Even if the direction it took in the last few weeks was questionable, I still found this one of the most entertaining anime of the decade.
Some people hate on this anime just for the sake of it, don’t pay them too much attention.
Dec 14, 2019 9:23 PM

Nov 2019
No It's not just you this anime was sooooooooooooooooO beautiful and it's definitely overhated
Feb 7, 2020 4:09 AM

Feb 2020
I wouldn't say it's the most beautiful anime ever, but IMO it's really good and touching. And I feel a lot of people misunderstand it for multiple reasons - one of them for not getting what the show is about.

People above are saying this is a copy of Evangelion... that's completely untrue. Evangelion is about the anguish you get in the search for someone you love, while Darling in the FranXX is about actually finding yourself in the eyes of another person - and how this irrational search makes us humans. One deals with suffering, another with humanity; both are related but different cans of worms.

The ending does feel a bit rushed though, they could've explored better the intentions of the alien hivemind. And while I get why we got the reincarnation scene (eventual happy ending to 02 and Hiro, testament to their love, showing life went on), I wish it was done another way.
Feb 7, 2020 5:13 AM
Jun 2017
It's been two years, and I just re-watched this. I loved it back then and I still keep on loving it. Honestly, I believe that the people who rated this badly were just people who were looking for something and they failed to find it.

What's so bad about having Evangelion elements? I think it was well made, and gave me a laugh every now and then, (specially about the long escalators).

Saying that it doesn't make sense? Well, Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan was a great anime and that made less sense than this.
Feb 10, 2020 2:53 PM
Nov 2018
twoego said:
Cabron said:
Being influenced and straight up copy pasting is a different thing. We can take Ashita no Joe and Hajime no Ippo as an example, Hajime no Ippo's author was influenced by Ashita no Joe, to a point they shared some similarities; yet in no way Hajime no Ippo is "unoriginal" because of Ashita no Joe. At the end, a show being influenced by something should not devalue it's worth.
if you have watched Evangelion u would have known πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘πŸ˜‘..
Everything is a copy but somehow they made it worse and after ep. 17 or 18 (vaguely remember) i was like ...wait what?when? How?
Feb 14, 2020 8:36 AM
Oct 2016
No you are not alone, MAL's users are just overreact on this anime because the shadow of elder mechas. 1 1 1 3 top reviews lmao, when avg is 7.xx. Don't let that kind of reviewers which just what some first eps affect you. I found it beautiful and it is one in some rare anime that I watch immediately every week. I can't wait for whole full eps.
P.s If you take into account the music, It is beautiful two times more.
Feb 14, 2020 8:51 AM

May 2018
The first 15 episodes, yes kinda, the following episodes after that... no. I think you also might be exaggerating a bit. Eventually a few months after watching this anime you'll calm down, take a seat back and see the major issues this show harbours.

Kinseryu said:
It's been two years,

Wait... its been TWO YEARS since this anime came out? Oh my god, it feels like it was airing only a few months ago... jeez
Feb 14, 2020 9:32 AM

Apr 2019
I've watched Evangelion 3 times and I don't understand how people in this thread actually managed to say DITF is a straight rip off. Like did any of you actually watch Evangelion or are you just parroting shite?
Feb 21, 2020 4:25 AM

Mar 2015
The top reviews are way too harsh IMO, and I think a lot of that stems from this being the big hit of the season when it came out. Everybody and their dog was talking about it, and episode 13-14-15 set the internet on fire, 13 with flames of love and 14 with flames of hate, with some fans throwing death threats towards the writers. All was saved come episode 15 however. I enjoyed the show up to 15, and somewhat til 19, as I think a lot of people did.

If they had somehow ended it there, and made a season 2 with a properly planned out ending, I think this show would sit a lot higher. As much as I loved the characters, the setting of the world and their little birds nest, the ending was just so poorly done that most of us that watched it while it was airing were left with a sour taste in our mouth. The ending felt super rushed, convoluted and just didn’t really make any sense at all. A poor ending with a show that had gained significant traction meant disappointment, which has led to such harsh reviews.

Personally I think the show is really pretty, and as I mentioned above, I loved the characters and their fun interactions around their home. The story was much better when it was actually kept on earth. I don’t think I’ve ever been more attached to a seasonal show than this one, and yeah it just sucks that the ending wasn’t that great. I still would recommend DITf to most people, I think there’s a lot of enjoyment and fun to get out of it, just try not to take the ending too seriously.
Feb 21, 2020 4:31 AM

Jun 2015
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you are the sole organism in this universe who can find any enjoyment out of this show. I don't like it because it sucks and it's gay and basically killed my whole family because of how terriblesauce it was.

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Feb 21, 2020 6:32 AM
Apr 2015
It has a lot of problems and people on this site love to hate on it for those. But what it does right can only be described as profoundly beautiful. Episode 13 is a masterpiece and I will fight anyone who disagrees (jk I won't but seriously it's incredible).

While I'm biased in that I relate rather strongly and uniquely to Hiro, his relationship with Zero Two really is incredible, somehow managing to shift from an Asuka x Shinji type complex and toxic relationship to a pure cinnamon roll bundle of wholesomeness over the course of three episodes. It pulls both off amazingly well and the transition is remarkably smooth and effective.

Yeah, the rest of the cast is sadly underdeveloped, the plot falls apart, the fanservice is dumb as fanservice is, Ichigo and Ep 14 leave a bad taste, etc etc. But Hiro and Zero Two's romance is one of if not the best fictional relationships I have seen and that alone more than makes up for the show's problems imo - albeit only to the point I can consider it a guilty pleasure overall, lol.
kasunexFeb 21, 2020 6:50 AM
Feb 21, 2020 6:37 AM

Dec 2018
It’s definitely not just you but it certainly is an unpopular opinion.
Feb 27, 2020 3:09 AM
Jan 2020
This show sucks,it drained life out of me, Ending is as bad as it could
Jun 7, 2020 4:35 PM
Jun 2020
I found the world building profoundly beautiful when we didn't understand why the planet was the way it was and the characters were navigating their own motivations and love interests. It was very much a well executed case of "show don't tell" that brought out the environment and characters for me.

I particularly liked the instances of Zero Two messing with the members of squad 13 in trying to mimic human behavior. I initially thought that HIro and Zero Two's relationship was a bit forced, but found their relationship to be more justifiable once we learn their history. Then it becomes rather sweet that she remembered him all those years in order to be with him again. There truly are touching moments in this series, and it hurts that it concluded the way it did. But I had a feeling it was not going to end the way I wanted it to after episode 19.
Jun 7, 2020 5:04 PM

Aug 2018
I don't get the people who say it was great up until episode 13 or whatever. Nor do I get the people that say the ending ruined it.

They're both wrong.

This show was consistently mediocre all the way through. Not bad enough to justify the hate but never good either.
Jun 7, 2020 9:18 PM
Oct 2019
It’s too bad that the ending no one wanted to see makes everyone forget about how good this anime really was. It did have a lot of flaws don’t get me wrong, but it is an artistic masterpiece. This show was very highly praised but ever since it’s not so good ending, people just want to erase it from their memory which I think is very unfair.
Jun 13, 2020 6:53 AM
Jun 2020
ErinaNakiri1 said:
Δ°t is just you, This anime is an overrated trash Plot holes are too big and Many, action is almost non existent, anything barely makes any sense and The final episodes are especially Garbage
Well I don't think it had any plot holes. Seriously. The story is fully resolved. Watch it carefully dude.
Jun 18, 2020 12:41 AM

Feb 2016
Started kinda good but it was just ''darling darling '' the rest of the show, with an ending kinda nonsense, sooo i gave it a 6 cause zero two is so beautiful :)
''Ask not the Sparrow, how the Eagle soars'' - KiryΕ«in Satsuki
Jun 19, 2020 7:54 AM
Jun 2020
SleepySnowSpirit said:
Around wat ep does the anime start to get good? I only saw 1 ep so far but not a fan of mech at all, and honestly a little confusing
3 to 5 i think. it mostly contains drama, not much of mechs so dont worry.
Jun 20, 2020 12:00 AM
Jun 2020
This show absolutely wrecked me. Never before have I been so emotionally wrecked by an anime before and I don't think I will ever find a show that will affect me as much as this one did. Yeah the show goes straight down the toilet after episode 19. Yes, it is a bit corny at times with the butt-control and sexual innuendos everywhere, and giant unicorn 02 waifu, and random slice of life episodes and shit. Yes there are plotholes. Yes the ending seemed rushed.

BUT: there is also a shitton of symbolism and deeper meaning sprinkled throughout the show and if you look hard enough there is a lot to discover. The story behind 02/Hiro is genuinely OC and fascinating. The constant emotional push-pull will they/won't they is masterfully executed. The worldbuilding is incredible. The art style is excellently drawn. The ending, while it seems rushed, actually is hinted at earlier in the show and it seems there was a lot of thought put into it, and regardless of how much I hated the ending - it still affected me.

The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference. And it seems that everyone that watches this show either loves it or hates it. It's a show that you can't watch without feeling something. That fact alone makes it a work of art.
Jul 26, 2020 10:53 AM
Oct 2014
I loved it.
Some people say it's just a Eva ripoff, but that's literally bullshit.
I watched Eva a long time ago, but still didn't feel that way.
The central theme is entirely different. None of them about mecha. Eva is about psychological problems and isolation. Franxx is more about dystopia, people who learn about love and sexual relationships etc. The tone of show also differs greatly.
Maybe some action scenes were indeed copied, I didn't verify it specifically. But it's not a surprise, because Trigger branched from Gainax, so they were created by the same people in a kind of way.
procionJul 26, 2020 10:57 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

599 by shakir2909 »»
May 27, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

332 by JIBRIPASCUA »»
May 25, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 22 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

37 by otakuanity »»
May 15, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 21 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

44 by otakuanity »»
May 15, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

66 by otakuanity »»
May 14, 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.