Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 12, 2020 9:31 PM

Dec 2014
Here's my Alice build, wondering if I should just get Almighty Boost/Amp instead of Magic Ability.
Her persona trait reduces insta kill SP cost to 0 which when combined with her unique insta death skill (Die for me!) probably makes her the best mob clearer in the game.

Can't wait to destroy Shido with her. It took me hours to beat him on my play-through of the original because I didn't know better, this time around it's gonna be sweet.
Apr 13, 2020 9:05 AM

Jul 2009
@Lelouch0202 Are Persona traits a new addition? Don't remember them being in the original game. Really neat feature if so since it makes the team composition more varied.

Eventually after much thought, I decided to get this over the FF7 remake. Gonna wait for a good walkthrough for the latter first since I'm a massive completionist when it comes to RPGs lol.
Apr 13, 2020 9:36 AM

Dec 2014
Skittles said:
@Lelouch0202 Are Persona traits a new addition? Don't remember them being in the original game. Really neat feature if so since it makes the team composition more varied.

Eventually after much thought, I decided to get this over the FF7 remake. Gonna wait for a good walkthrough for the latter first since I'm a massive completionist when it comes to RPGs lol.

Yup, it's new. Every Persona has a trait and non-unique traits can be inherited just like skills. It's pretty cool and it's a lot of fun trying to make the build you want, assuming that's something you're interested in.
Apr 13, 2020 11:02 AM

Apr 2010
Well, I've beaten the main game, and I'm now on the newly added third semester. As in the original, I was able to max out all confidants except the annoying Tower kid. Without spoiling, I've liked what they did, and new antagonist is pretty great as well. I'm just glad they went back to the Lovecraft feel of Persona 2.
Apr 19, 2020 7:57 PM

Dec 2014
Beat the game today with all the new content. Took me 144 hours and I feel empty now (In a positive way), just like I did with the original. I loved the game, P5 and P5R are one among the few games that I've actually marathoned to the best of my capability and played for extended hours just because of how addictive they are and how much fun I have playing them.

Maxed all confidants, did tons of extra stuff that I never did in the original, I had almost 2 weeks at the end where I was just going around doing other random stuff like fishing, batting and hanging out with already maxed confidants in different locations to get new presents and stuff. I ended up doing darts and billiards almost solely in the 3rd semester. Got the Platinum trophy on my first playthrough, it's very easy to get.

The final moments of the game still get me tearing up, so heartfelt. :(

It's a fantastic game, one of my favorite games of all time along with the original. I'm biased, yes, but I really do love this game. Royal is pretty much in all honesty the definitive version of the game, lots of new refinements, it's definitely more newbie friendly and you have a lot more freedom to do various things. The battle system and dungeon changes are welcomed and lead to lots of interesting and cool possibilities especially with Persona fusion. Though the thing is, if you know what you're doing, you can get really OP that even Merciless difficulty isn't really too hard as long as you play it right. That said, I guess that was probably true in the original as well. It just really stuck out to me this time, since I knew what I was doing and fusing some really OP combos while I struggled hard in the original likely cause I was under leveled and didn't know how to fuse Persona's effectively. The new story elements are woven in well, the theme of the original is well maintained and the additional palace and story direction fits in pretty well. The last palace also has a very unique design. There are lots of new events, romance events in particular which are very cute.

Some story spoilers below

I also kinda wish they let us choose between Last Surprise and Take Over for the ambush battle theme, while the latter is still a great track. Last Surprise is so much more iconic and often I found myself just skipping ambushes just so I could listen to Last Surprise. No 'Hoshi to Bokuro to' is also a little sad but 'Our Light' is just as good.

I want to play NG+ to fight the twins and Lavenza but I might not get around to that for a while. I also need to do some of the challenge battles. Nevertheless,

10/10, take your heart.
Apr 20, 2020 1:31 AM

Apr 2010
Yeah, it's my first platinum'd game. That how easy it is, lol. I clocked in about 118 hours before I finished it. Grinding to level 99 is super easy now because of the Mementos bonuses.

I did end up romancing Kasumi, which had some cute moments, but I didn't end up using her to much in my actual party. Joker, Akechi, Morgana, and Makoto is what I rolled with for the extra palace. Maruki is definitely best boy; what a great character.

Now to wait for P5 Scramble.
Apr 21, 2020 8:34 AM

Jan 2012
I wonder if Persona 6 is ever going to happen. Consider that the original creator has left Atlas from what I have heard.
How I love a game
Apr 21, 2020 11:04 AM

Apr 2010
Of course it'll happen. It's Atlus' moneymaker after all. Hashino already said he's leaving the series in the hands of his successors. I wonder if that means P6 might be radically different from the rest?

First they need to get working on SMT V though. It's been 3 goddamn years since it's reveal and nothing about it since.
Apr 22, 2020 2:17 PM

Dec 2017
Haven't played it yet just gonna leech off my bros copy.
Apr 23, 2020 12:56 AM
Oct 2019
Personally i feel this game is still just a cash grab for atlus when all this stuff could've been just DLC instead of making it a new game, but hey whatever works. I haven't played it yet nor see a real need to tbh at this point after beating the original but ngl the extras are still nice i guess?
Apr 23, 2020 3:58 AM

Jul 2009
Ashigara said:
Personally i feel this game is still just a cash grab for atlus when all this stuff could've been just DLC instead of making it a new game, but hey whatever works. I haven't played it yet nor see a real need to tbh at this point after beating the original but ngl the extras are still nice i guess?

I thought so too before buying the game, but there actually more changes than most people realized. I've only just finished Kaneshiro's palace yet I can already feel how much Atlus has added and tweaked. Minor and major script changes, new persona mechanics, new palace features, new portraits, new Velvet room activities, the list goes on. Actually, the addition of Kasumi, Maruki, and the third semester alone is already more than enough to make the game radically different since Atlus had to rework much of the script to fit them (and those two characters are very different than Marie from Persona 4 Golden in that they interact with the cast from early on in the story).

The only updated re-release I think could have been a DLC was Persona 4 Golden (and even for me, that's a hard could). Persona 5 Royal and Persona 3 Portable have too much changes for a DLC release.
Apr 23, 2020 11:43 PM

Aug 2016
Arrived at the 4th palace now. Still unsure about things.

I enjoy the new dialogue that they've added. And they've also added voice acting to previously lines that were just text. Very good.

You gotta appreciate the small things too.. Like helping Ann in class now

I like the new locations that can be traveled to and I like the new characters thus far. They've done a lot of good here. New girl is an interesting choice. I romanced best girl kawakami in the vanilla version.. thought it'd be easy to just go for Futaba in Royal.. but idk now.

The changes to the boss fights are terrible though. 1st/2nd palace boss "additions" was just extra dialogue I had to zoom through. Nothing fun or interesting was added. 3rd Palace addition was just tedious if anything. I hear that the notorious/consensus worst palace boss got even worse. People actually resorting to DLC persona's just to get around it. Unlucky.

These showtime attacks are ok.. I guess. Seems like a get out of jail free card though. It really should only trigger on enemies being low.. not yourself. Confidants seem to give even more bonuses. Mementos now can offer things like double xp, abilities auto identify enemies weaknesses, fusion alarms giving out nutty stats, etc.

Feels like Atlus is desperate to make the normie let's play youtubers have a cake walk through the game. Disappointing.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3573 by Stomiks »»
7 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

547 by Badonkers »»
7 hours ago

» game for mobile

anhd389 - Dec 26, 2023

11 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 3:55 PM

» Favorite strategy video games

EarthHero - Yesterday

2 by Theo1899 »»
Yesterday, 11:20 AM

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

153 by Rndmguypassingby »»
Yesterday, 8:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.