Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2013 4:54 AM

Dec 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Naoko was another Tomie I guess.
Apr 5, 2016 3:09 PM

Feb 2014
There's no way a ton of guys with knives cutting each others will leave only blood, wtf?
Oct 6, 2017 11:38 AM
May 2012
Reptile55 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Naoko was another Tomie I guess.

nope. i don't think so.
Aug 12, 2018 11:53 AM

Sep 2011
I wonder if all Tomies are evil. And why everyone is so obsessed to kill her?
Dec 5, 2020 1:17 AM

Jun 2017
But where are the corpses? I would've expected Tomie to dissipate but not her worshipers. Maybe Tomie has another power in her that got rid of the corpses?

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jan 15, 2021 4:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
All those orbiters losing their minds around her and then dissapearing. But O wonder, are attractive, confident males less likely to fall for Tomie?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 5, 2021 12:26 AM

Aug 2016
I liked that Uemahara didn't fall for Tomie. Was a nice change.
Dec 20, 2021 6:36 PM
Dec 2017
this was another messed up chapter

Jun 5, 2022 5:25 AM

May 2015
His grief over Naoko ended up being a good luck charm in tomies world. Helped him not succumb to the same fate as those tomie worshippers.

Sucks about that dream though.
Aug 18, 2023 2:40 AM
Jun 2022
Completed the entire Tomie story, what a unique work, not too scary but creepy. In chapter 17 I personally enjoyed it, mainly in the way it depicts Tomie's complete metamorphosis compared to the previous chapters, the male lead is probably the lucky character, rather the rare good man among all the subjects manipulated by Tomie. Other men were previously obsessed with tomie's beauty, as long as someone looks like her, they will go crazy and cling to them, let alone meet another Tomie. But this guy is probably too loyal to that Naoko girl so he doesn't get hurt Tomie seduced, at the last minute he really got rid of Tomie or not I was also very confused, or even that girl named Naoko was another Tomie or not. At least I believe that he is a good enough and faithful man, which makes me realize that good men still exist and that they will not be manipulated easily by Tomie. As for those who If you fall in love with a beautiful girl but have a bad character like Tomie, it will make men only care about their lower body, push the selfishness of their dark desires to the top, make them think only of lust and lead to jealous, having a plan to destroy Tomie if they fail
Minhtam24fu68Aug 18, 2023 2:45 AM
Aug 18, 2023 2:49 AM
Jun 2022
It's absurd, among the guys that Tomie hunts for, there is no shortage of handsome and attractive people who then gradually decline when they stick to Tomie.
Sep 12, 2:51 PM

Apr 2017
Reply to Minhtam24fu68
Completed the entire Tomie story, what a unique work, not too scary but creepy. In chapter 17 I personally enjoyed it, mainly in the way it depicts Tomie's complete metamorphosis compared to the previous chapters, the male lead is probably the lucky character, rather the rare good man among all the subjects manipulated by Tomie. Other men were previously obsessed with tomie's beauty, as long as someone looks like her, they will go crazy and cling to them, let alone meet another Tomie. But this guy is probably too loyal to that Naoko girl so he doesn't get hurt Tomie seduced, at the last minute he really got rid of Tomie or not I was also very confused, or even that girl named Naoko was another Tomie or not. At least I believe that he is a good enough and faithful man, which makes me realize that good men still exist and that they will not be manipulated easily by Tomie. As for those who If you fall in love with a beautiful girl but have a bad character like Tomie, it will make men only care about their lower body, push the selfishness of their dark desires to the top, make them think only of lust and lead to jealous, having a plan to destroy Tomie if they fail
@Minhtam24fu68 I think that's the point of Tomie. The men don't actually love their wives, which is why they're willing to cheat on them and leave them for Tomie. Tomie, representing the mistress, doesn't care for them either. She just wants the things they can provide for her, and she wants the ego boost of taking someone's husband/boyfriend away. True love for your spouse and unwavering loyalty, unwillingness to cheat, is the ultimate defense against Tomie.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tomie Chapter 20 Discussion

Makoto - Jun 26, 2017

30 by yveltalkyogre »»
Oct 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Tomie Chapter 19 Discussion

Reptile55 - Jul 21, 2013

6 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Sep 12, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Tomie Chapter 15 Discussion

ViniSD - Aug 12, 2018

9 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Sep 12, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Tomie Chapter 14 Discussion

ViniSD - Aug 12, 2018

7 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Sep 12, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Tomie Chapter 13 Discussion

Tengai - Oct 6, 2017

8 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Sep 12, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.