Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 28, 2018 2:59 PM

Nov 2017
The end completely WTF !
ElyshionApr 28, 2018 3:08 PM
Apr 28, 2018 3:13 PM

Dec 2015
I don't get why he wanted to shoot her. Even if some background stuff I heard/read about is true this makes no sense.

Novel spoiler!
Apr 28, 2018 3:20 PM
May 2017
that was pretty sweet - I'm liking this show for the variety of weapons they have (HK21 with a Zero-Sterling-style foregrip in this episode, as well as what looks like John Wick's AR15 build form the second film). I definitely get the impression that M is a Tokyo Metropolitan Police SAT operator, going from the fact that he's (probably) Japanese and knows how to properly use a sniper rifle and has good navigation and tactical skills, as well as the thing that happened after the credits. this show just oils my gears in all the right places.
Apr 28, 2018 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
Welp, this is going down south pretty fast.
Apr 28, 2018 4:05 PM

Sep 2016
Swagernator said:
I'm so glad that the internet can provide spoilers in the right time ... after reading those spoilers i'm definitely sure that i'm going to drop this.

Heavy + link

Seriously Nippon ? this shit again ?
lmao, you're going to drop this just for this...dude c'mon, this shit is everywhere it doesn't affect me or other folks. I thought you were immune to this smh.

Edit : You already dropped it ok. Also why you do keep changing profile pic and signature. i liked the old one better :(
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 28, 2018 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
"TOP TEN ANIME BETRAYALS"

Swagernator said:
the "last team" was not a team, but a fucking army LOL

What do you even mean by that?

removed-userApr 28, 2018 4:25 PM
Apr 28, 2018 4:29 PM

May 2015
What the actual F*ck M???
Apr 28, 2018 5:03 PM

Feb 2013
Vehicles... leave you as a clear target.

Wondering what exactly that letter said...
Apr 28, 2018 5:19 PM

Sep 2015
uninstallthegame said:

pretty sure author knows less shit about br than a dog about astrophysics

>Plasma grenade
>Real Life
>kek

Ookami-des said:
So professionals, who want some extra "real life" experience do use bullet line, but this guy don't, I see. Also he is good tactician, but stays at open during scan because they were far away and there are vehicles in this game...

It's sad that they hire people with brain damage to make extra series.

I missed the moment when I mentioned that the professionals practiced their aim?
By the way, M mentions that there were vehicles but he was not familiar with them when they appeared
NayoutApr 28, 2018 5:44 PM
Apr 28, 2018 5:24 PM

Dec 2017
Nayout said:
uninstallthegame said:

>Plasma grenade
>Real Life
>kek

dafuq are you talking about? plasma grenade? she said deca-nade or some shit, you can't know that's plasma grenade. anyways, i don't care about this anymore, since this br has immortal objects hanging around for 10 mins, this spartan grenade is nothing compared to that
Apr 28, 2018 5:28 PM

Sep 2015
uninstallthegame said:
Nayout said:

>Plasma grenade
>Real Life
>kek

dafuq are you talking about? plasma grenade? she said deca-nade or some shit, you can't know that's plasma grenade. anyways, i don't care about this anymore, since this br has immortal objects hanging around for 10 mins, this spartan grenade is nothing compared to that

The answer was because of the video you put, you can not compare the real effect of a grenade with one that does not even exist more than in video games
Apr 28, 2018 5:32 PM

Dec 2017
Nayout said:
uninstallthegame said:

The answer was because of the video you put, you can not compare the real effect of a grenade with one that does not even exist more than in video games

yeah, mate, sorry, but from what i know br tend to be kinda realistic (fortnite aside). that's why i got aggroed
Apr 28, 2018 5:46 PM

Apr 2009
The fact that this show is about a VR game should be more than enough basis for discarding real life physics out of the equation. I'm willing to bet that the game in the show is somewhat realistic to a degree... but otherwise it's all a "vidja gaem" nonsense, for the sake of gameplay, balance, and other stuffs. I mean, I highly doubt GGO is even suppose to be a realistic simulator. I feel like it's more of a realistic-ish arcade shooter with some semblance of realism thrown in to make it "feel" like it's realistic "just enough" to make the player feel like they're "immersed (lol)" and yadda, yadda.

So I feel like anyone trying to ask, for example, why the non-realistic "deca-nade" behaved in such way in this episode, is just trying to split hair for no reason. I'm not trying to demean them or anything but just saying that, in the end, this show is just about a VR "game." Nothing more and nothing less. So I suggest them to let go of such suspicion.

I'm more miffed about why M-san tried to even kill Llenn near the end. If he is ... as the spoiler said, why? Why would that person order M to do that in the first place? It just doesn't add up. Everything that we've seen so far from this show says nothing about anyone in the show actually harboring any "personal" hostility or grudge against Llenn to go to that length... so why?
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Apr 28, 2018 6:15 PM

Apr 2011
Definitely an intense episode. Team LM is definitely at a disadvantage by numbers but they defeated the team in their hovercrafts. M is definitely a pro in long range shooting and geography.

What I didn't expect is M shooting her. I bad a bad feeling about that letter. But sucks for him she's got the upper hand.

The problem I see is why they're out in the open during the scan when in the previous battles they hide well. They should've expect that gun battles draw other teams when M already said that in the first episode. I guess they didn't really expect they would come faster than expected because of vehicles are now readily available.

Now I wonder what's on the paper? LLENN makes the best faces besides Kaos-chan.
Apr 28, 2018 6:16 PM

Nov 2014
M sounds like Daisuke Ono even though its not him
Apr 28, 2018 7:08 PM

Oct 2013
uninstallthegame said:
Nayout said:

yeah, mate, sorry, but from what i know br tend to be kinda realistic (fortnite aside). that's why i got aggroed

Game got lazor guns and helluvabig monsters, better drop that "realistic" thingie.

Also damn i felt both disappointed and sorry for M, this might make things way harder for him on whatever's going to happen to him next, wonder if he'll have redeeming points in store.
Apr 28, 2018 7:18 PM
Oct 2010
Funny ending... perhaps M is an army deserter or something.

KomeijiKoishi said:
Hearing LLENN humming Pictures at an Exhibition (Mussorgsky) immediately put me in a great mood for this episode.

Thanks, I felt I had heard the piece before but couldn't remember the name or author.

LLENN has taste in music... Well, she did mention before that she liked classical.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 28, 2018 7:20 PM

Dec 2017
RageGoria said:
uninstallthegame said:

Game got lazor guns and helluvabig monsters, better drop that "realistic" thingie.

Also damn i felt both disappointed and sorry for M, this might make things way harder for him on whatever's going to happen to him next, wonder if he'll have redeeming points in store.

yeah, yeah. i get it. just gotta pretend this isn't a br, but some kind of open world fantasy, even though they tryna sell it as a br
Apr 28, 2018 7:40 PM

May 2015
Hehehe screw Aim Assist! Real men do it live! Now that I think about it, using the rifle the way M was doing it reminded me of using the Scout in Counterstrike without the scope. And if I remember correctly, if you just hold down the mouse button after a shot, the Scout would shoot at the same spot whether you were scoped or not.

That last guy must have had a lot of HP if LLENN needed that many bullets to kill him XD.

That ending though. What's up with M?
Apr 28, 2018 7:44 PM
Apr 2018
I see a bit of talk about the level of realism in this show, and while I do agree that the game is unrealistic by design and that's good, according to the writing, it's unrealistic in the wrong way.

From the show:
"Can you hit someone from 100 meters away with a P90 like you can in GGO in real life?"
"Um... I'm not sure."
"It'd probably be impossible."

From (our) real life:
"When fired from the FN P90, the 5.7×28mm SS190 can penetrate the NATO CRISAT vest or a Level IIIA Kevlar vest at a range of 200 m (219 yd)."

Just pointing that out. Anyway, this was a good episode overall with a combination of action and exposition.
Apr 28, 2018 7:58 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
An ok episode. LLENN is pretty entertaining to watch as usual.
Apr 28, 2018 8:01 PM

May 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
hpulley said:
Somebody please spoil me in a DM. I have NOT READ AHEAD but my guess is they will really die now for some reason? From M’s reaction it seems like he won’t just be logged out. Looks like the letter says it’s a real death game this time. Maybe too obvious? Or I am way off base and he really is just a chicken, perhaps an Aincrad survivor who doesn’t trust it won’t kill him??? Can’t wait a week...

How I see it, either the Pito (who is supposedly Elsa Kanzaki, as discussed each episode before) threatened him in the letter to finish the game or something, or that is a psychological attack to disrupt the opponent's understanding of oneself. At least this way I would be able to accept this stunt. But hey, in a week.

Am I the only one who noticed that that sniper on the enemy team looks a lot like Pito? I also saw the betrayal coming after LLENN just raise a flag while M is reading LLENN be like "this is a sure win with our skills" I'm like ooh betrayal incoming lul
Apr 28, 2018 8:10 PM

Nov 2016
LaputanMachine said:
I see a bit of talk about the level of realism in this show, and while I do agree that the game is unrealistic by design and that's good, according to the writing, it's unrealistic in the wrong way.

From the show:
"Can you hit someone from 100 meters away with a P90 like you can in GGO in real life?"
"Um... I'm not sure."

From (our) real life:
"When fired from the FN P90, the 5.7×28mm SS190 can penetrate the NATO CRISAT vest or a Level IIIA Kevlar vest at a range of 200 m (219 yd)."

Just pointing that out. Anyway, this was a good episode overall with a combination of action and exposition.

Only if the shooter is TRAINED in real life, that scene refer to LLENN's rl shoothing skill which is none. Pito already said that GGO uses aim assist to make aiming much easier than in real life (so much that if you rely the bullet lines you'll rust your actual real life shooting skill).

Please remember that these people are Japanese, unlike Americans, most Japanese actually never fired or touch a real gun due to heir strict gun control.

Apr 28, 2018 8:31 PM
Aug 2016
Ulquiorra said:
Lol, that ending ruined his character.

Not really, if anything, it flushed out his character. He's not just a robot.
Apr 28, 2018 8:38 PM
Apr 2018
Shinraro said:
LaputanMachine said:

From the show:
"Um... I'm not sure."

From (our) real life:

Only if the shooter is TRAINED in real life, that scene refer to LLENN's rl shoothing skill which is none. Pito already said that GGO uses aim assist to make aiming much easier than in real life (so much that if you rely the bullet lines you'll rust your actual real life shooting skill).

Please remember that these people are Japanese, unlike Americans, most Japanese actually never fired or touch a real gun due to heir strict gun control.

Well, I was thinking that they were talking about shooting in theory, you know.
I also think the bullet lines and circles are a bit funny, because I've not seen a game with such broad aiming assistance. I know a lot of games these days do have auto-aim, but even an aimbot actually trains the sights of the weapon on the target.
And I totally agree that the writers (and likely everyone else on the team) likely have no experience with firearms. I was merely expecting them to check up on their research before they made a show about guns. Even then, I wonder if they accounted for the chance international players in GGO...
Apr 28, 2018 9:04 PM

Feb 2011
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Reload said:
It was pretty obvious that the last enemy team would move in on the teams that clashed first, so they should've seen that coming. At least hide before the scan. It's what they've been doing up till now at that. What changed? Also, if he was planning to shoot her anyway, he could've left her behind when she got shot already. Where's the logic here? It almost seems like some kind of initiation where you take out your partner after you've gotten close to them.

They were so far away that they didn't think they'd close the gap and get into shooting distance so fast. It was a mistake, yes, but an understandable one.

I don't think he was planning on killing her the entire time. I'm pretty sure the letter told him to. Who that letter was from and why he decided to follow it's instructions without hesitation are the real questions here.

Still, you can't say they were twiddling their thumbs waiting for the enemy to approach them "in the desert." They would've at least exited the desert, same as the other squad. I will agree that they did go a bit further in distance than expected though, considering they were attacked from behind; if I got the geography correct. The only thing I do understand is that they let their guard down. Obviously, due to their win streak.

As for the sudden betrayal, I don't believe anyone came to the conclusion that "he was planning on killing her the entire time." I wasn't saying that was the case, but I can see I wasn't entirely clear. I was probably asking the same question as you, which is: why kill your partner after going through the trouble of saving her, regardless of whether you were told moments later to do so? I'd only understand if there was some kind of zombie infection. Then, no one would have hard feelings. Anyhow, we'll see next week.
ReloadApr 28, 2018 9:08 PM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Apr 28, 2018 9:40 PM

Feb 2011
Magito said:
...Team LM is definitely at a disadvantage by numbers but they defeated the team in ... hovercrafts. M is definitely a pro in long range shooting and geography...
What disadvantage? ARMY OF TWO anyone? Splitting the aggro between two players is so much easier than six. Not one team has exercised this method besides LM. Of course, this also translates to decoy play. It'd be interesting to see it used against them.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Apr 28, 2018 9:40 PM

Sep 2015
LaputanMachine said:
Shinraro said:

, I wonder if they accounted for the chance international players in GGO...

"There are two separate servers for Gun Gale Online: the American and the Japanese servers. Until the aftermath of the first BoB, anyone from the American server could choose to play on the Japanese server and vice versa, though only a few players chose to play on a foreign server.[8] This also meant that an American could participate in the Japanese version of the BoB. However, after the first BoB, the two servers were separated, meaning that American players could no longer connect to the Japanese server and vice versa,[8] though an American player did somehow manage to get into the 4th BoB despite the regional block.[11]"

http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Gun_Gale_Online
Apr 28, 2018 10:02 PM
Apr 2016
cringiest episode i have ever seen
Apr 28, 2018 10:25 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Did LLENN really just waste like 3 mags on that dead player? Straight up savage Lol
That ending just seemed totally random. Unless M was just testing LLENN if she came across those types of player betrayal situations. Overall fun episode.

Apr 28, 2018 10:34 PM

Dec 2015
I can see their team near them at that point but this one,He cried .... what ???? M cried wtf begging like loser . Seriously , if he is a loser in real life how he learn about that kind of sniping, i mean you cant get that kind of sniping skill only palying shooters at arcade lol , you must have had some kind of real holding gun experience. The only thing i can think of is that the letter is somekind of pitohui’s instruction ?? Idont know
Apr 28, 2018 11:29 PM

Sep 2015
IMO the only make this look bad because game mechanic part of SAO universe that Reki Kawahara made.

YuudachiYuuki said:
Gamelova said:
I have a feeling M was hired by Pito to kill LENN in the match so she loses the bet.

Close enough dude ..

You shouldn't open my next comment, if my speculation based on the information i gather

Yeah, you already watch the episode 3, right ? You can imagine the hint yourself.. "M" was looking at the message Pitohui give to him, and to open it he must wait until the right time.

#DeathGame

Well its predicable.
Into the Internet!
Apr 28, 2018 11:51 PM

Nov 2017
Gomen. Then P-chan killed him xD

Apr 29, 2018 12:33 AM

Jun 2013
the next Chapter its called "Leave last Battle to me" i guess one is going to lose

Nayout said:
uninstallthegame said:

>Plasma grenade
>Real Life
>kek

Ookami-des said:
So professionals, who want some extra "real life" experience do use bullet line, but this guy don't, I see. Also he is good tactician, but stays at open during scan because they were far away and there are vehicles in this game...

It's sad that they hire people with brain damage to make extra series.

I missed the moment when I mentioned that the professionals practiced their aim?
By the way, M mentions that there were vehicles but he was not familiar with them when they appeared

I think He is not Experienced, He Also Stated something about last teams find more Guns and weapons, he only didn't expected that

ZBlastHistory said:
IMO the only make this look bad because game mechanic part of SAO universe that Reki Kawahara made.

YuudachiYuuki said:

Close enough dude ..

You shouldn't open my next comment, if my speculation based on the information i gather

Yeah, you already watch the episode 3, right ? You can imagine the hint yourself.. "M" was looking at the message Pitohui give to him, and to open it he must wait until the right time.

#DeathGame

Well its predicable.

Reki Wrote SAO Before 2008, It's not like he could just copy fortnite at the time
Dark-ScorpionApr 29, 2018 12:36 AM
Apr 29, 2018 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
That ending reaction was perfect, I was making the same face!
Apr 29, 2018 2:53 AM

Feb 2014
"Sorry", says LLENN as she aims her P-Chan at point-blank range at the last remaining enemy of the hovercraft team....................and proceeds to unload 3 60-bullet rounds of ammo on he poor guy. Talk about savage! XD

I've got to say, it was really exciting to see LLENN and M work so well in taking down the hovercraft team. M, espcially, as his use of not using the bullet line of accurately snipe the enemy team one by one was very impressive, with Pito's flashback explanation to LLENN about what's realistic and what isn't in GGO being the additional nice touch.

However, the last remaining team only had to travel to the action, hide, then strike during the next scan when LLENN and M had their guards down. It's a smart, but also a common sense sort of strategy to make.

After safely escaping that team via the hovercraft, I didn't really expect M to turn on LLENN after reading the letter, but his plan backfired on him and he surprisingly became a hysterical mess, pleading for his life. LLENN's facial reaction to all of this was hilarious! =3

Now I really want to know what the letter actually says, maybe some secret that M want to keep as a secret. I can only guess, so I'll wait for next week's episode to find out.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ShockedMay 5, 2018 11:42 PM
Apr 29, 2018 3:20 AM

Sep 2015
Dark-Scorpion said:
the next Chapter its called "Leave last Battle to me" i guess one is going to lose

Nayout said:

>Plasma grenade
>Real Life
>kek

I think He is not Experienced, He Also Stated something about last teams find more Guns and weapons, he only didn't expected that

ZBlastHistory said:

Well its predicable.

Reki Wrote SAO Before 2008, It's not like he could just copy fortnite at the time

Nobody said he need to make GGO into something like Fornite.

Just make a more balance MMO game.

Skip to 30:25 for GGO part

Into the Internet!
Apr 29, 2018 3:21 AM

Sep 2007
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal, M!

The stinger was hella funny :) My face exactly:
Apr 29, 2018 3:50 AM
Jan 2018
the first thing comes to my mind after watched this episode is "KIRITO CANNOT BEAT M".

well move along now...
before you guys tell me to stop watching this, i tell you gentlemen that i have an oath to keep wathing the shows. why i said that? well the anime is not bad, and im fan of SAO and i really like GGO in it. but tbh as a gun addict and i had experienced
a bit of military training watching this 4 eps, there are just too many cringe for me. well it is also my fault because i did compare this to J*rmungand.
-well the first thing that almost keep buging me is about the gun drawing. almost everytime a gun is shown in a scene, it doesn't show any detail texture(almost no texture at all for me) like a 90's anime( well if this is really 90's anime it would be good, but it is not). the guns really looks like just a lump of stick or like a rip off gun toy made in C country.
- second. this feels to unrealistic for FPS games. it cringes me how the red line is always straight and not moving while the gun moves. and why most of the charas just do spray and pray with ease, while in every first training scene (kirito & llen) shootings looks so hard, not realistic( but pitohui explanaton that this game is not realistic give me relax a little). ah and btw why they looks burst auto shoot for 10 sec and still have magazine half full.
-third. the chara. why would llen shoot 50 round on a lying person. and lastly still this chara is OP(llen and M). how LLEN got shot in the chest with SVD and stll alive, and after that she felt drained, even though in SAO 2 shinon still energetic after got shot and lose her leg(ep2).

but still somehow i can't hate this anime........
Apr 29, 2018 3:57 AM
Jul 2016
so the aiming system makes irl aiming WORSE.
Yet they just thought a group of people training for irl combat, who also used the aiming system as shown by the bullet lines.

wtf. Is there going to be any explanation of this?
Apr 29, 2018 4:55 AM

Jan 2018
LLENN-chan kawaii !!

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
Apr 29, 2018 5:09 AM
Jul 2017
it lookt like pito was the sniper that shot lleen
Apr 29, 2018 5:57 AM
Mar 2018
Sadistic LLEN, love love love LLEN 💕 🤣
Apr 29, 2018 5:58 AM

Feb 2018
Omg I thought they were gonna end it on that cliffhanger before the ED lol. I was so sad cause that is just too big of one XD I'm so happy they put the continuation of it after the ED. Plus oml LLENN's face when M breaks down is absolutely amazing. I think that'd be my face if I was in that situation

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!
Apr 29, 2018 6:03 AM

Nov 2013
Reload said:
Also, if he was planning to shoot her anyway, he could've left her behind when she got shot already. Where's the logic here? It almost seems like some kind of initiation where you take out your partner after you've gotten close to them.

i don't know if anyone already answered this
well we saw him reading the paper, i imagine it probably was something from the singer girl saying "kill her if you don't win by 15" or "don't win the game cause i wanna tease her later" or somthing similar, who knows haha
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 29, 2018 6:05 AM

Feb 2018
TobbyBomb said:
it lookt like pito was the sniper that shot lleen

Hmm, she did have the same hair color, I didn't really get a good look at her cause I was trying to figure out if that blonde sitting next to the sniper was that crazy grenadier girl from the OP and ED.

It did cross my mind before they got attacked by the sniper that Pitohui is actually in Squad Jam but she didn't tell M or LLENN. Maybe she was trying to asses their skills together by fighting them? It might also explain the note. I wonder if it is telling M that she is also in SJ along with some other reasons to get M to kill LLENN. Idk tho, I'm just just spitballing at this moment lol

Apr 29, 2018 6:15 AM

Aug 2016
That ending kind off ruined the entire episode for me...
Nanika ga Okashii
Apr 29, 2018 6:19 AM

Feb 2018
MediaConsumer said:
Why the hell would you aim with your sniper for the pink munchkin when there is a guy literally 4 times bigger just next to it if the shot is difficult? Wtf.

Actually it kinda makes sense when you think about it. After the first shot hits, whoever you're firing at will start running to find cover or get away. If it's a difficult shot, it's better to hit the smaller person with the lighter who can probably move faster while they're unalert. You have a higher chance of hitting the larger target who is probably slower due to the huge backpack he's carrying so you should target him after you take out the small target.

Apr 29, 2018 7:01 AM

Sep 2015
ZBlastHistory said:
Dark-Scorpion said:

Nobody said he need to make GGO into something like Fornite.

Just make a more balance MMO game.

Skip to 30:25 for GGO part

> Balance
> MMO

OH COME ON XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

The video I can discuss absolutely in everything, there are some things like the avatar that I do not understand but all the systems that have these games are a breath of fresh air to a gender that has been stalled from World of Warcraft.

Ultima Online had everything less balance, FFXI had the worst PVP I could play, but their PVE system was extremely complex.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Can i watch this without havent seen other SAO show?

Fpizarro - Oct 11

22 by taint00 »»
Oct 14, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

66 by Kuruwin »»
Oct 13, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 11 Discussion

19 by Kuruwin »»
Oct 13, 12:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 10 Discussion

23 by Kuruwin »»
Oct 13, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 8 Discussion

22 by Kuruwin »»
Oct 11, 1:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.