Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2017 8:23 AM

May 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
lilie's big brother appear with his strong pokemon.
seems like satoshi will challenge that mountain to obtain z electric crystal before rematch with the big bro again.

next episode, why baseball lol and why that old style drawing. seems like fun episode tho.
May 18, 2017 12:49 PM

Jul 2015
Gladio appeared! I haven't played the games yet, but I really like his design, cool first appearance, looking forward to seeing more of him in the future.
May 18, 2017 4:59 PM

Jan 2016
Hmm Rockruff vs Lycanroc Midnight... Midday form foreshadow?? :O That'd be cool though, a battle between both forms :D

I liked Gladion, he is not like Paul as many people would think at first sight. The ultimate fact is that he has an Umbreon. The battle was postponed but if Rockruff evolves before that, it'll be epic. Now Ash is aware of the second Kahuna but I wonder how is that since the Trial captains are supposed to be his schoolmates xD

Next episode is baseball time, I guess it's for the laughs xD
THANKS SENPIEX
May 18, 2017 5:25 PM
Sep 2012
Okay to no one's surprise even though they did kill off a pokemon a few episodes ago, they toned down Lily's family a bit, and Gladio is not a complete a - hole and they are going more redemption route at least with him, the mother can still be evil, but who knows. Gladio going to be more of an N / Alan type character, than a pure villain. It is a kids shows, I am not surprised they changed things.

Still if Sun and Moon gets a Pokemon Generation adaption, it would be interesting to see their version of Gladio, he probably be a whole different kind of character.
May 20, 2017 12:31 AM

Mar 2014
lilie has a chuunibyou brother. must get him to hospital asap
May 20, 2017 6:16 PM

Oct 2011
Gladio is here ahhhh 😍 😍
May 23, 2017 2:19 PM

Jan 2016
Gladion was perfect, man i love it when they use the og soundtracks in the anime. The part where Ash got the challenge letter and the Pokemon movie intro started playing, so damn epic!
May 25, 2017 12:36 AM

Feb 2012
Looks like ASH iwanko is going to be midday form evolution
May 25, 2017 5:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Gladio with a Lycanroc mode night, was cool!!!
After the endind, i enjoyed with thata advance of the new film!!
May 25, 2017 3:01 PM

Jul 2008
Floyd said:
Hmm Rockruff vs Lycanroc Midnight... Midday form foreshadow?? :O That'd be cool though, a battle between both forms :D

I liked Gladion, he is not like Paul as many people would think at first sight. The ultimate fact is that he has an Umbreon. The battle was postponed but if Rockruff evolves before that, it'll be epic. Now Ash is aware of the second Kahuna but I wonder how is that since the Trial captains are supposed to be his schoolmates xD

Next episode is baseball time, I guess it's for the laughs xD

The fact he has an Umbreon doesnt mean that much though in relevance to Paul. Paul was a rough trainer, borderline abusive but every single of his Pokemon that stuck with him was loyal towards him. Heck, they were outright dissapointed when Paul lost to Ash in Lillycove. So some Pokemon - just as some humans - want and need to get trained by getting pushed to it's limit to reach their maximun level.

Dont forget that happiness also gets raised by leveling up while getting knocked out lowers it.

Anyway, Midnight forme, looked sweet. Though all those Red-Eyes chants made me think of Yugioh special summons.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
May 25, 2017 7:46 PM

Jan 2016
Punkbeetle said:
The fact he has an Umbreon doesnt mean that much though in relevance to Paul. Paul was a rough trainer, borderline abusive but every single of his Pokemon that stuck with him was loyal towards him. Heck, they were outright dissapointed when Paul lost to Ash in Lillycove. So some Pokemon - just as some humans - want and need to get trained by getting pushed to it's limit to reach their maximun level.

Dont forget that happiness also gets raised by leveling up while getting knocked out lowers it.

Anyway, Midnight forme, looked sweet. Though all those Red-Eyes chants made me think of Yugioh special summons.

I can't imagine an Eevee evolving after days/weeks of abusive training lol But I get your point.
THANKS SENPIEX
May 26, 2017 9:25 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
Since there are no badges and I don't play the games, I have absolutely no idea how far the game plot is covered so far. Talking about "plot" in a pokemon anime is kind of weird in itself, but well...

Is it possible to say how far the events in the anime are, in comparison to the games? Are we still just in the beginning? Because Satoshi isn't even starting a journey but is just minding his own business in the starting town.

I liked the feel of progression in the older anime with a clear goal like "collect badges and compete in the pokemon league in the end" a bit better. For orientation's sake.
I have written my own Ecchi short story. It is called Nopan Mahou Shoujo!
You can find the PDF here or read it online on Wattpad or on Archive of Our Own.
Jun 3, 2017 7:40 AM
Oct 2011
Brati said:
Since there are no badges and I don't play the games, I have absolutely no idea how far the game plot is covered so far. Talking about "plot" in a pokemon anime is kind of weird in itself, but well...

Is it possible to say how far the events in the anime are, in comparison to the games? Are we still just in the beginning? Because Satoshi isn't even starting a journey but is just minding his own business in the starting town.

I liked the feel of progression in the older anime with a clear goal like "collect badges and compete in the pokemon league in the end" a bit better. For orientation's sake.
The game plot and the anime plot have a lot of differences so far. For example in the games we only knew lillie and gladion are siblings near the end, here it's right at the beginning.

The anime has a goal and has orientation though, which is the Kahuna battles and then facing Tapu Koko. There are 4 Kahunas on Alola, which is equivilant to the 8 gyms of previous series. In this episode Gladion told Ash about the 2nd Kahuna, which is kind of a next destination for Ash.

As for the main plot, it hasn't been introduced yet. Gladion's introduction is, however, a good thing, since he's important to the whole plot of the series, at least in the games. The next good introduction would probably be the admins of Team Skull, and potentially their leader.

Overall the game's plot was the best since a while, it's complex and it has a lot of interwhining elements to it, and if the anime took the main parts of that plot and put it in this anime then we're in for a good ride later on. But until then we'll probably be stuck in the SoL school.
Jun 19, 2017 1:17 PM
Dec 2011
Where do you watch it? PocketMonsters is seven episodes behind, and I really want to watch this anime
Aug 28, 2017 12:21 PM

Jul 2014
woooo best character finally made an appearance! im disappointed how they toned down his character and he didnt do as much jojo poses as the games but hey i didnt expect him to make an appearance this early
Sep 7, 2017 8:38 AM

Jan 2013
N0R7H said:
Where do you watch it? PocketMonsters is seven episodes behind, and I really want to watch this anime

Good news: Some-Stuffs picked it up a few days ago, already released EP27, 28 and 40, and are planning on doing the rest.
Oct 23, 2017 5:12 PM

Mar 2016
Aww, Gladion left already? I wonder when he'll be back :(
Mar 17, 2019 1:30 PM

Mar 2010
Nice finally a rival appears and gladion is cool

Lillie is adorable here!

Finally an eeveelution, my favs! Umbreon suits gladion. Guess he likes dark pokemon hmm.. still not a fan of the midnight ver :p i prefer the other one/midday one. Maybe ash his rockruff will be midday ver and they will eventually battle against each other?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kensai-Serazu - Nov 17, 2016

105 by crackingfeetlol »»
Mar 29, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 146 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Nov 3, 2019

52 by leanrv »»
Feb 22, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 144 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 20, 2019

28 by leanrv »»
Feb 20, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 143 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 13, 2019

18 by leanrv »»
Feb 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 139 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Crzykido - Sep 15, 2019

58 by leanrv »»
Feb 7, 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.