Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 9, 2017 4:19 AM
May 2017
In most anime that i watch they is usually at least one annoying character, but most times i can ignore them, or they don't get much screen time. This is not the case of suzaku. None of what he is saying makes any sense. He is unable to defend his stance on why he is in the military other than it is the right way. i am almost done with R1 of code geass and i love the anime, but each episode this character lowers my joy while watching.
May 9, 2017 4:26 AM

Feb 2013
he stays in the army to change it from inside cuzz obviously joining some edgy teen with superpoweres wanting to conquer japan isnt realistically the best idea; you can even call it a deconstruction of the power of friendship and 'mc recruiting new friends for his party' trope

so... would suzaku be the seme or the uke?

May 9, 2017 4:28 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, Code Geass R3 hasn't even aired yet and we got a new negative thread refering the series. Things are going to be very intense by the time R3 actually airs...

About Suzaku, he was a moron, but at least he gave us some nice memes.
May 9, 2017 4:30 AM
May 2017
when is R3 airing? I was under the impression that R2 was the last one.
May 9, 2017 6:08 AM

Nov 2016
Suzaku Kurururugi has a naive view on life, ethics, politics, morals, etc. It seems like he feel responsible like he should be a hero because that's what he set out to be, he wants justice and peace and stuff, that's nice but his childish views and lack of actual thought essentially made him a huge moron most of the time, as much as he was well-intentioned and idealist.

I really hated the parts where he was into arguments but he turned down everyone without actually trying to understand or listen to them. Clenching his teeth, grunting, spin kicks, yelling no and saying people should agree with him because he's right were his only diplomatic skills.

Spin kicks aside, that sound like a bad habit a lot too many people have...
May 9, 2017 6:11 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Just try if you on his position.

I would also join official military forces than some shady-looking organisation which has a masked-chuuni as leader.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 9, 2017 6:24 AM

Mar 2015
Igwe said:
when is R3 airing? I was under the impression that R2 was the last one.

No release date yet. R3 got announced a couple months ago

https://myanimelist.net/anime/34437/Code_Geass__Fukkatsu_no_Lelouch
May 9, 2017 6:26 AM

Aug 2015
He is too naïve. But his view at the world is more realistic due to the fact he didn't know about geass yet at first. But he is not the most annoying character from code geass IMO.. Because the most annoying character from code geass is that.. Girl with Brown (orange-ish?) Hair, Lelouch classmate. I even forgot her name already, and I'm glad I forgot her name..

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
May 9, 2017 6:29 AM

Mar 2008
Kururugi is a samurai hero who upholds the honto Nipponjin Yamato damashii. Against the world, he alone takes up a righteous and honourable stance. His intentions are pure. His actions are loyal.

On the other-hand, Zero is a disgusting egotistical terrorist who glories in mass murder. His pretence of human emotion is but another thin mask worn by a deluded creature of evil preaching oppression and hate.

If you cannot appreciate the tempered steel with which Suzaku battles Lelouch's knightmare, then you are just another mindless geassed numbered-zombie bereft of free will.
May 9, 2017 6:32 AM

Dec 2015
The problem with Suzaku is his view on life. He is one of those who believe in fair justice and equality for everyone, however, that's not how the world works. He didn't know that mere words wouldn't change anything, something big must be done - his and Lelouch's way of thinking are the complete opposite of each other.
I think he started to realize things in the end.

But he is admirable in his on way and I really like how he treat Nunnally the same way as before despite knowing what Lelouch has done.

Nunnally03May 9, 2017 6:43 AM
May 9, 2017 6:41 AM

Nov 2014
I actually liked him as a character. It's one of few cases where I can disagree with character's point of view but still respect them instead of getting annoyed every time they appear on screen.
May 9, 2017 6:55 AM

Jun 2015
You're calling Suzaku naive? How much more is Nunally then?
May 9, 2017 7:56 AM

Feb 2010
Brb said:
You're calling Suzaku naive? How much more is Nunally then?

Nunnally isn't even a real character, she's a stage prop.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 9, 2017 8:55 AM

Jul 2016
Well at least his spin kicks were worth it.
May 9, 2017 9:10 AM

Mar 2017
Ckan said:
Kururugi is a samurai hero who upholds the honto Nipponjin Yamato damashii. Against the world, he alone takes up a righteous and honourable stance. His intentions are pure. His actions are loyal.

On the other-hand, Zero is a disgusting egotistical terrorist who glories in mass murder. His pretence of human emotion is but another thin mask worn by a deluded creature of evil preaching oppression and hate.

If you cannot appreciate the tempered steel with which Suzaku battles Lelouch's knightmare, then you are just another mindless geassed numbered-zombie bereft of free will.

I couldn't agree with you more on this.
May 9, 2017 9:14 AM

Dec 2015
>mfw I finally hear someone call out worst girl
>mfw your opinion still remains on a level of autism
>mfw your wording and logic don't go far enough to make me agree on hating a character I really hate
>mfw
May 9, 2017 9:14 AM

Nov 2016
You think Suzaku is annoying ? Wait till you get to know this fucker.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 9, 2017 9:20 AM

Sep 2014
Ckan said:

Lol interesting thing to say.
May 9, 2017 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
Thread Moved from Anime Discussion.
May 10, 2017 6:31 AM

Apr 2016
He is supposed to be a farce. Nothing more than a farce of "heroism" and "peace". He is meant to be a disgusting, hypocritical monster who acts cordial out of a need to forgive himself after becoming a murderer. He is meant to be constantly mocked for his stupidity, lack of actual progress, and incessant hypocrisy until he finally wakes up, but that doesn't happen for a while. That's why his fate at the end of the series is poetic justice incarnate.

Rolo is nowhere hear as awful as this bastard. Suzaku is one of my most hated anjmecharacters if all time, though is is greatly written in that regard.
Jun 17, 2017 3:02 AM
Jan 2015
ya , I hate that asshole too .
Jun 17, 2017 3:12 AM

Feb 2016
I don't have anything against him. I don't know why many people hate him that much. I know even more annoying characters and Suzaku isn't even the worst in Code Geass in my eyes. Of course he is really naive sometimes but he still is a good character by his own.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Feb 24, 2018 9:27 PM
Dec 2014
He said he want to change the system from inside but was prepared to be executed for a crime he didn't commit that make him the dumbest character in anime.
Feb 27, 2018 4:15 PM

Nov 2017
i don't find him annoying at all
if there's someone annoyed me in this show then it would be euphemia
dr-clarkFeb 27, 2018 4:19 PM
Mar 11, 2018 6:26 AM
Jul 2017
well he is like many people in history just a naive fool
no worries he become sbetter over time i guess
Mar 16, 2018 6:26 PM

Dec 2016
He was a good, well-written character in R1.

The R2 and it's god-awful writing came and ruined him with one of the most dumb and forced character twists in history.
Mar 18, 2018 10:45 AM
Jan 2018
Nina for some reason pisses me off to another level.For some reason probably her whole character just makes me find her incredibly irritating.She was prejudiced against elevens,screamed and did crazy shit.Of all the shows I have watched she is the only person who has really made a detestable impression on me.Nevertheless code geass is fantastic.The layers,occasional humour,the story and how at the right queues information/insight is given to characters make it quite a balanced and a top show.
May 12, 2018 3:17 AM
Jul 2017
he's just like the naive soldiers in the 1800s and early 1900s
everything jhe says and does were actually very realistic though still annoying
Aug 11, 2018 7:38 AM

Sep 2017
Um, so you prefer the guy who killed most, if not almost all of his family and killed Japan's one chance at peace? The one who is willing to put the entire world at stake just for his goal? The selfish bastard who will use cheap, dirty tricks in order to win?

In all respect, both Lelouch and Suzaku are two sides of the coin called hypocrisy. Suzaku is the tail side of hypocrisy and he just does things for his own selfish intentions without realizing it. He never understands that he is just making things worse and thus falls as a hypocritical brat to be hated by everyone.

Lelouch on the other hand is on the heads side of hypocrisy. He is a hypocrite, yes, but he acknowledges it and uses it to his advantage. In fact, Lelouch is more hypocritical in the sense that even though he hates his dad, he starts acting more and more like him.

Lelouch sticks to his own rules till the end, including the fact that only those who are prepared to be killed should kill. But Suzaku makes so many deviations from his own principles so much that he himself realizes what a messed up character he is in the end. He tries to drug Kallen and just betrays everyone.

But I have to say that it doesn't make him a bad character. Messed up? Yeah. Dumb and annoying? Maybe. But a weak character he is not. As a matter of fact, I liked his character development in the show and how it made him the person he is. If you want to blame Suzaku for being such a hypocrite, go ahead. But don't forget that the reason Suzaku turns is because of Lelouch killing Euphy. And yes, I don't forgive Lelouch for that crime that he did. The main reason why Suzaku becomes so messed up is because Lelouch killed Suzaku's motivation to live and Suzaku had to face that his best friend all those years, Lelouch, who was his classmate, was the one who killed Euphy, with a straight face. His best friend deceived him and killed his love. What more do you need for him to turn?

Arkab said:

The R2 and it's god-awful writing came and ruined him with one of the most dumb and forced character twists in history.

But, I still loved Suzaku's turn to the dark side. That is, until Suzaku tried drugging Kallen. Yeah, that was the final straw.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 11, 2018 7:39 AM

Jan 2015
He was dumb and annoying cuz our man Leleuch let his bitch ass live. If he never did that , the cock sucker never would have been as dumb and annoying or a best friend stabbing cunt

ur opinion = shit
May 31, 2019 12:40 AM
Aug 2018
I can't stand Suzaku. He's always spouting about how Zero's methods are wrong, yet, he is siding with people who mistreat him and his people and don't even give a second thought to slaughter the Japanese. And then he calls Zero a murderer. What a dumb cunt. I hate his character so much. He is just so stupid.
May 31, 2019 1:16 PM
Mar 2016
NateDoesMath said:
I can't stand Suzaku. He's always spouting about how Zero's methods are wrong, yet, he is siding with people who mistreat him and his people and don't even give a second thought to slaughter the Japanese. And then he calls Zero a murderer. What a dumb cunt. I hate his character so much. He is just so stupid.

Hi character writing is the problem, it doesn't make sense. They wanted to make it grey that you can't decide who's right or wrong, but they failed!
It just feels like hypocrisy, nothing more.
May 31, 2019 1:22 PM
Aug 2018
ShaDanDan said:
NateDoesMath said:

Hi character writing is the problem, it doesn't make sense. They wanted to make it grey that you can't decide who's right or wrong, but they failed!
It just feels like hypocrisy, nothing more.

Yea I totally get you on that. I love the show but that's it's major flaw in my opinion. Suzaku is a huge hypocrite.
Feb 6, 2021 3:30 AM

May 2010
SoldierDream said:

Once again, I agree. Suzaku is probably the best written character, and truly strong, on top of it.
Feb 15, 2021 4:40 PM
Feb 2021
Igwe said:
In most anime that i watch they is usually at least one annoying character, but most times i can ignore them, or they don't get much screen time. This is not the case of suzaku. None of what he is saying makes any sense. He is unable to defend his stance on why he is in the military other than it is the right way. i am almost done with R1 of code geass and i love the anime, but each episode this character lowers my joy while watching.
r2 Suzaku becomes less annoying
Jun 6, 2021 1:13 PM

Apr 2020
Ckan said:

What are you talking about, the people who Suzaku sides with are the people who tried to kill him, framed him for a murder he didn't even commit, tortured him, and they really dislike him. How can he change them from the inside, knowing all of that?

Suzaku plans to have world peace, and so does Zero.

Zero saved Suzaku's life numerous times, offered to join him, explained his methods to him and Suzaku still can't agree with him. He is nothing more than a fool.
cupcake847Jun 6, 2021 1:26 PM
"Humans are like isolated islands, floating in the sea of fate.
Human encounters are like the collision of these lonely islands, and once they touch, there would be an effect. Sometimes, the islands would stick together, in the name of ‘interest’, ‘kinship’, ‘friendship’, ‘love’ and ‘hate’. But eventually, they would separate, walking towards the path of destruction.

This is the truth behind life."

-Fang Yuan
Jun 7, 2021 1:00 AM

Mar 2008
cupcake847 said:
Ckan said:

What are you talking about, the people who Suzaku sides with are the people who tried to kill him, framed him for a murder he didn't even commit, tortured him, and they really dislike him. How can he change them from the inside, knowing all of that?

Suzaku plans to have world peace, and so does Zero.

Zero saved Suzaku's life numerous times, offered to join him, explained his methods to him and Suzaku still can't agree with him. He is nothing more than a fool.

Is it not precisely because he knows the failings and insurmountable powers of his foes that he follows the most difficult, and perhaps more admirable path of "betrayal"? To suppress the natural urge for temporal justice; to accept and endure the unendurable humiliations and outrages.
Suzaku drowns within the tide of the times and seeks to alter its course. Zero puts himself as a dam before the flood: perhaps blunting and reversing the tide of fate, but spreading havoc and inflaming humanitarian disaster on an ever greater scale.

Who is the fool if not the one who rebels against the world? While you might rightfully decry the foolhardiness of his naive hopes, Suzaku is no fool greater than Zero, the lone and contemptuous puppetmaster who in turn, enslaves the enslaved.
Jun 7, 2021 3:05 PM

Aug 2018
ikr, he's the shittiest anime character I've ever seen. by far. THE WORST.

Aug 24, 8:34 AM

Mar 2023
Still my №1 hated character, he literally made 0 (Zero) sense

Happy to find this thread

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xinil - Feb 6, 2007

197 by FriendlyAnxiety »»
Aug 22, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

149 by MrDuckyJonez »»
Aug 17, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

285 by Javiera_A »»
Aug 13, 10:38 PM

» Is Suzaku the biggest cuck of all time?

Issax28 - Oct 8, 2023

30 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Aug 10, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

180 by chrominreidelas »»
Aug 5, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.