Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 30, 2016 5:50 PM
Jul 2018
I was wondering if there's artists here. Do you play any instrument?
I'm currently the bassist of my band.
Jul 30, 2016 6:29 PM

Aug 2013
I wouldn't say that I have a "talent," but I've been playing guitar for 8 years and I'd consider myself to be fairly competent at it. On a novice-intermediate-advanced level I'd say that I'm scratching the surface of the advanced stuff. When I was a teen I was a bit of a metalhead (cringy times), so I quickly learned all them impressive techniques in order to show off with my 1337 shredding skillz, but as I grew older I've become more interested in classical guitar and jazz, which is definitely much more challenging.
Jul 30, 2016 9:39 PM

Jun 2015
I have an intense love for my piano ~
Jul 30, 2016 10:01 PM

May 2016
Not sure if this count or what you're looking for but I'm a pretty good snowboarder
Jul 30, 2016 11:29 PM

Jan 2015
If talk talent on instrument, i tried guitar before, but my fuckin' finger still damn rigid lol. The thing is i want involve in a band, unfortunately there's no same wavelength in sessions with my friend. I suppose there won't be improvement in near future :(
karambiaJul 30, 2016 11:33 PM

la critique de l'intention pure
Jul 30, 2016 11:49 PM

Jun 2015
katiak_Ula said:
If talk talent on instrument, i tried guitar before, but my fuckin' finger still damn rigid lol. The thing is i want involve in a band, unfortunately there's no same wavelength in sessions with my friend. I suppose there won't be improvement in near future :(

Nah, man. Do what you want to do. If someone isn't as devoted as you, then they're not true musicians. If you have time, put hours into playing. Don't think of it really as practice, just play. Find new techniques, build up your level.
Jul 31, 2016 12:09 AM

Jan 2015
Rathchilde said:
katiak_Ula said:

Nah, man. Do what you want to do. If someone isn't as devoted as you, then they're not true musicians. If you have time, put hours into playing. Don't think of it really as practice, just play. Find new techniques, build up your level.
thx u for the encouragement :)

maybe it's me that's not true musician bcoz I jamming just for fun and not pursuer or devote for something, tho' i hope there improvement. My friends got better musician-ship than me, but the language we play is different, my "taste" and "preference" won't work with them so vice versa, and it can't be push, in the end I just don't like their song xD
karambiaJul 31, 2016 4:02 AM

la critique de l'intention pure
Jul 31, 2016 12:52 AM

Jul 2016
Well... I can play guitar. Been playing since I was seven. I can shred, but also read music and play classical. I might be pretty good (I think!!) so I guess that's a talent.

I can also sing too. So they say. That's fun as well.
I CAN BREATHE YOU IN...
Jul 31, 2016 1:40 AM

Oct 2015
No, Also I tried Piano and Violin when I was in elementary school but I quit doing them because I lost interest.
Jul 31, 2016 2:46 AM

Aug 2015
I'm a guitarist and a vocalist in a band. I can also play bass.

I started as a bassist to a band of my friend's but eventually our guitarist left and I took his place, while we got a new bassist. I found myself more fond of the guitar and kept on playing it. The band split up eventually, me and our lead guitarist wanted something heavier while the others wanted to keep it simple rock. So I started a new band with a drummer friend of mine and the said lead guitarist. We're on hiatus now, since we are all studying far away from each other and cannot practice with each other for the time being.
MircallaMorriganJul 31, 2016 2:51 AM
Jul 31, 2016 3:21 AM

Jan 2016
I'm the drummer friend @Wretch mentioned. Can also play guitar, bass and keyboard, as well as (sort of) sing.
Jul 31, 2016 5:07 AM
Jul 2018

I have been actively playing two instruments: guitar (16 years), drums (10 years).
Now I play on knobs and buttons more, but still have and love other instruments.
Jul 31, 2016 3:42 PM

Mar 2016
I use to tap dance, for about maybe 4 years? And I was always the best in the class. I think I am really good at dancing. I should get back into it.
I remember there was a dance revolution competition in gym. There were two classes merged together, so maybe about 40 people, and I got the second-highest score ...so close :'p
I just obserb and then copy. I don't think I could come up with dance moves on my own :/

I hope I am not coming close to narcissism, lol, but I also consider myself an okay writer. Especially for someone who dropped out of school in 8th grade. I have my stories up online and people have said I have made them cry. It's weird to say, but I actually have fans o.e. I have read other peoples stories and then they freak out that I commented on them because they admire me. People have said I am their favorite author and that they love me. So my writing must be decent :'D. Although I know most of them are exaggerating, it still makes me so happy <3
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jul 31, 2016 3:57 PM
Jul 2018
Kiyomice said:
I use to tap dance, for about maybe 4 years? And I was always the best in the class. I think I am really good at dancing. I should get back into it.
I remember there was a dance revolution competition in gym. There were two classes merged together, so maybe about 40 people, and I got the second-highest score ...so close :'p
I just obserb and then copy. I don't think I could come up with dance moves on my own :/

I hope I am not coming close to narcissism, lol, but I also consider myself an okay writer. Especially for someone who dropped out of school in 8th grade. I have my stories up online and people have said I have made them cry. It's weird to say, but I actually have fans o.e. I have read other peoples stories and then they freak out that I commented on them because they admire me. People have said I am their favorite author and that they love me. So my writing must be decent :'D. Although I know most of them are exaggerating, it still makes me so happy <3

Hey that's so cool! I would love to read some of your work \o/
Jul 31, 2016 4:02 PM

Mar 2016
yasminway said:
Kiyomice said:

Haha, okie dokie! I can send you a message in a few minutes^^
Do you read often? Have you ever tried writing before?
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jul 31, 2016 4:08 PM
Jul 2018
Kiyomice said:
yasminway said:

Haha, okie dokie! I can send you a message in a few minutes^^
Do you read often? Have you ever tried writing before?

I rarely read books but Stephen King is so good. I love mystery and horror. And nono, never tried writing before, just some random fanfics ><
Jul 31, 2016 7:20 PM

Sep 2012
i play the guitar at pretty much a beginner level and write songs/poetry a lot

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Aug 1, 2016 4:02 AM

May 2014
I have a talent for seeing how people will look in the future.
Well not really but I like imagining.
I've been here way too long...
Aug 1, 2016 4:21 AM

Nov 2009
I can make any woman roll her eyes and walk away from a conversation.
Aug 1, 2016 4:34 AM

Jun 2015
I could play the violin and drums, but it's more from hard work than talent.
Aug 1, 2016 6:34 PM

May 2013
I like to sing when no one's around. Not a talent but one of the only things i'll keep doing forever.
Aug 1, 2016 7:34 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I don't think I've been particularly talented in anything, but instead I think I've become slightly more skilled in certain things than some.
And then there are some things I haven't improved in at all that just makes it seem like I was talented in other subjects when I really did just obtain skills in the subjects.

I think maybe I have an actual talent for forming creative ideas though; that's about the only thing I have a talent for since I feel that was always there and wasn't ever really achieved and instead just honed throughout the years.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 1, 2016 7:54 PM

Mar 2016
I'm not "gifted" per se, but I do play the violin and I enjoy it a lot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2016 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
I write music, sing, rap, learning how to produce my own instrumentals. Been doing this for a long time.
Aug 18, 2016 3:15 AM
Jun 2013
I try play guitar............technically good but its all about ideas
Aug 18, 2016 4:08 AM

Jun 2016
Talent? I don't know, I hope so, but yes I do play guitar and mess around with synths sometimes :D
"Ave Maria", a song inspired by ATTACK ON TITAN:

https://youtu.be/hUY_rDboLw4
Aug 18, 2016 5:58 AM
Jul 2016
Yes, I play guitar. I was the lead singer of a band.

Aug 18, 2016 6:33 AM

May 2009
I sing covers in my spare time. I conduct a choir and sing in a barbershop quartet.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Aug 18, 2016 7:14 AM

Nov 2015
Music-wise i love fiddling around with my piano doing improvised comps. Self taught for around 7 years. Once upon a time i also had a keytar; ah the days of playing songs from K-ON *-*
Aug 18, 2016 12:23 PM

Jun 2016
I used to play the bass, harmonica, ocarina, acoustic guitar and the piano.I stopped all of that pretty much, I also used to make some hip-hop beats and EDM stuff.
My freestyle raps are also killer according to others.

It's all about Bboying now when it comes to activities/talents related to music :3
Aug 18, 2016 1:09 PM

Nov 2008
I'm pretty good at making people miserable.

Aug 18, 2016 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
I can wash the dishes under 5 minutes (full sink)
Jul 14, 2021 2:07 PM
Dec 2017
No i'm just another weeaboo in a site full of them.

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3495 by Stomiks »»
27 minutes ago

» Your Top 3 non-anime movies

60D - Mar 10, 2021

29 by Stomiks »»
30 minutes ago

» Pick the song you like the most from the 3 users above

tsukareru - 6 hours ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

» Bisexual characters in straight relationships?

Zack312 - May 22

10 by abuislam »»
4 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7767 by AdamBirch »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.