Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 17, 2016 2:38 PM

Dec 2014
Maledict said:

Hmm...I forgot that part. I don't want to theorycraft on how these two scenes with Eto and now Kaneki intertwine as the meaning is still somewhat vacant. We'll see what happens.
Jan 17, 2016 4:26 PM

Mar 2015
Kaneki continues being mysterious,I guess we will have to wait even more before we find out what he got in his mind.
Really Liked the dialogues in the conference
Hachikawa squad Investigating this Aogiri island will surely not end up well.

_Kaneki said:
Rio=Shikorae confirmed?

I'm almost convinced ;the evidence is strong, but I think we will never get a real confirmation,I think Ishida will just leave it at that.
Jan 17, 2016 4:32 PM

Apr 2015
nemya said:
Kaneki continues being mysterious,I guess we will have to wait even more before we find out what he got in his mind.

_Kaneki said:
Rio=Shikorae confirmed?

I'm almost convinced ;the evidence is strong, but I think we will never get a real confirmation,I think Ishida will just leave it at that.
exactly. Ishida knows that a lot of readers don't know/haven't played the game so he won't link the game and manga anymore than that imo
Jan 17, 2016 4:37 PM
Oct 2012
Arcanix said:
The "yes, i am a kid and etc" line wins the award for the edgiest line in Tokyo ghoul and it was not only edgy, it was weird too. Amazing.

according makyun, mangastream not translated a part of the dialogue,

Sasaki: Please be the 'good cop’, Furuta-san.
Furuta: …You’re really like a highly-talented child… Ah, my apologies.
Sasaki: Yes, I’m a kid. Adults are suspicious so I hate them.

someone warned mangastream about it, do not understand why they do not fixed.
Jan 17, 2016 4:49 PM

Nov 2014
Acernos said:
Arcanix said:
The "yes, i am a kid and etc" line wins the award for the edgiest line in Tokyo ghoul and it was not only edgy, it was weird too. Amazing.

I'm sure the people over at Mangstream would randomly leave out a piece of dialogue that's even been pointed out to them without good reason, even if they knew they'd get shit from the fandom.

Either way, it doesn't really make Kaneki's dialogue any less cringey. Unless he's just fucking around, of course.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2016 4:53 PM
Oct 2012
Raz1515 said:
nemya said:

exactly. Ishida knows that a lot of readers don't know/haven't played the game so he won't link the game and manga anymore than that imo

from various scenarios shown in the game, there was one that Ryo has escaped from prison and was severely wounded, but then someone came up and asked if he wanted to live. In this specific scenario he never met Touka, Kaneki, etc. If this is used, so no need to have played that game and not influence history.
Jan 17, 2016 5:11 PM

Jun 2015
Just wondering... where is Arima and why kaneki copied his style?

Ah... I agree, it gave off calm before the storm feeling.
Jan 17, 2016 5:17 PM
Oct 2012
Kvothe51 said:
Acernos said:

I'm sure the people over at Mangstream would randomly leave out a piece of dialogue that's even been pointed out to them without good reason, even if they knew they'd get shit from the fandom.

Either way, it doesn't really make Kaneki's dialogue any less cringey. Unless he's just fucking around, of course.

translations being arranged after hours or even days is something common with TG: re, chapter 59 suffered it.

when the chapter came out:http://www.mangamint.com/tokyo-ghoulre-59?page=10 (Urie part)

2 days later:http://readms.com/r/tokyo_ghoulre/059/3152/11 (Urie part)

and if you keep reading you will find other differences, it happens from the imperial scans, so it's important to read only at translator's site and preferably check if there is any change 2 or 3 days later.
Jan 17, 2016 5:23 PM
Oct 2012
arekiiiii said:

during the manga, Kaneki copied characteristics of several people, among them include Touka, Tsukyama, Sachi, Rize, Yamori and others. is extremely strange to be surprised in the manga to know that he copied someone.

remember, according to his profile psychological, it lacks individuality and has great empathy.
AcernosJan 17, 2016 5:37 PM
Jan 17, 2016 5:52 PM
Apr 2014
Maledict said:
That... was strange. The chapter gave off a ''calm before the storm'' feeling, even though we just finished an arc with action. Also, the general tone is like the manga's almost over, even though that can't be true. Final showdown? As if.

Arima, as the boss that he is, cannot be bothered to attend important meetings. Matsuri being annoying as usual, glad Yoshitoki silenced him. So, the CCG remains oblivious as to who Eto is, and it looks like Ken doesn't want to share that specific info, for one reason or another. Z4k raised a good point, we had so much glimpses of what was going on inside Haise's head, but now... none. Also, the One-Eyed King is mentioned again, I really want to know what's the real deal with that, besides the obvious possibility that Eto is that figure.

I couldn't help but laugh at the beginning of the first sentence of Aura's description, though.

Nuvviveji said:
I'm a kid and I don't like adults. Hoping it's not just the edge and it has some meaning.

Ya I do not believe that it is the final showdown or anything like that. There is still way too much that needs to be revealed and too many characters still not re-introduced. We still have not seen Hide, Banjou, Rize, Nashiro, Kurona or Shachi yet in RE. Even though Amon has been shown, he has not been re-introduced as what he looks like now. Plus up until now the RE crew has played a limited role in the story. Going forward I have to think they start playing an integral role in the story. There is still so much to be revealed about the V organization and the truth behind the CCG.
I do like the fact the Ishida is not letting us know what Kaneki is thinking, it kind of tips off the fact that he has a plan of some sort. He knows that Takatsuki is the OEK , so why wait so long to do the investigation and why not state the fact he knows. He is leaving the CCG in the dark on what he knows, so why? Unless he has plan. It makes you wonder, just how much acting is Kaneki doing? The same goes for Furuta as well.
Seeing all of the Special Class investigators together is so awesome, but why wasn't Kuroiwa there? I thought he was still an investigator even though he lost his arm. If Juuzou can get a fake leg, why can't he get a fake arm? I think we all want to see a head to head battle between Aogiri and the big guns of the CCG. Without Arima, I think Aogiri wins. Especially with the mystery of the new ghouls made by Kanou since the timeskip. However, I do really doubt that Hinami and Mutsuki will be killed.
Jan 17, 2016 6:09 PM

Mar 2015

You said it,you have to play this route you mentioned to know who is rio and what happined and all.
I think the only thing about Shikorae that might be revealed later is that he got tortured or something,so that we understand why he looks fucked up now,but I dont think we will be straight told that Shikorae is Rio
Jan 17, 2016 6:12 PM

Jan 2015
Man this is waay too much CCG for me :v Kaneki please your homies ghouls are waiting for you!
Jan 17, 2016 6:32 PM

Aug 2014
Lmao, this is kinda true with the latest chapter:

duckman8 said:
Takatsuki is the OEK

Nah.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 17, 2016 6:49 PM

Jun 2015
Acernos said:
arekiiiii said:

during the manga, Kaneki copied characteristics of several people, among them include Touka, Tsukyama, Sachi, Rize, Yamori and others. is extremely strange to be surprised in the manga to know that he copied someone.

remember, according to his profile psychological, it lacks individuality and has great empathy.

Totally forget about that (= ='). Thanks
Jan 17, 2016 7:09 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I just realized, Eto's only rank S O_O

4/5
Jan 17, 2016 7:37 PM
Nov 2015
Fuck yeah Matsuris bitch ass was put in its proper place nice one bureau chief san. Lol i hope all the CCG's big shots gets rekt in that island by a bunch of half ghoul owls so kaneki can save hinami.

P.S fuck those glasses
Jan 17, 2016 7:44 PM

Nov 2011
Good Cop and Bad Cop? If only you know...

Jan 17, 2016 10:21 PM

Aug 2012
Kvothe51 said:

I know. I should have mentioned I was talking about the
TheDustyRed said:
Saying Takatsuki Sen is the OEK is one thing, because he saw her face back at LE.
bit.

Sasaki was also a fan of her (IIRC he brought Hinami some of her books, his talk about her with Tsukiyama, and then again in chapter 60), it wasn't a trait of Kaneki that he left behind after V14.
Aka-himeJan 17, 2016 10:47 PM
Jan 18, 2016 3:02 AM

Jul 2014
Zinzoo said:
Man this is waay too much CCG for me :v Kaneki please your homies ghouls are waiting for you!

The ghouls were never his "homies". The ghouls just need to be killed so the world can be a better place ^^.
Jan 18, 2016 3:54 AM

Aug 2014
How in the fuck can Arima STILL be missing? Wtf is he doing all this time? Author realized he made an investigator so laughably overpowered that he can't write him back into the story? lol...
Jan 18, 2016 4:51 AM

Dec 2014
Rather absurd point of view you have there.
Although you are one of the baiters in these threads so we'll just have to take your word for it.
Jan 18, 2016 5:12 AM

May 2013
I hope we get to see Tatara in a fight.He's the only one we havent seen yet unleashing his power. Hype
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Jan 18, 2016 6:49 AM

Nov 2013
Furuta mvp

-----------------------
Jan 18, 2016 7:23 AM

Mar 2014
So that is where Mutsuki has been !!

We'll see if he will clash with Torso again !!
Jan 18, 2016 7:32 AM
Oct 2012
mangastream changed the translation of some parts of the chapter.
Jan 18, 2016 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
Lol at some genius telling me it's illogical for Kaneki to be taking his time to investigate and not getting more manpower. Guess Ishida lacks the capability of thinking logically.

Nevertheless another 5/5 chapter by Ishida. Love the amount of info despite lacking of some action. Looks like hinami's arc is postponed?

Someone may have mentioned it before but the island trap is pretty obvious. But Aogiri needs to have some tricks up their sleeve as I just don't see how they can handle a Arima-led attack. Unless Eto is holding the hell back all this while.

Mutsuki is really in danger of being captured. They better have a good escape plan. Torso never fails to creep me out.

Tatara looks alot less stressed than before (lol) He's alot more badass-looking this way.
Jan 18, 2016 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
i like how Sasaki is using CCG right now. and his "clash" with Matsuri was funny too.

Did anyone notice how Mougan was glaring at Haise all the time? he even said that S3 may get careless if they aren't going to rest. Maybe he implied that Arima should have killed Kaneki. he got his ass kicked in Anteiku raid arc too. but then he did tell Matsuri to not bully Sasaki(lol).

As for why Sasaki didn't go after Eto from the start and waited for 6 months. it's pretty obvious if you think about it. He wants to deal with One-eyed by himself. Eto is still considered S rated which means that Haise didn't tell superiors about her. He wanted to become an influential person in CCG(secretary of S3) to cover his actions. it seems no one knows who he is investigating.

Haise now has the authority to conceal his investigations(with Furuta as a partner :D) and act on his own. and people still think that it's illogical for him to be in CCG.
Jan 18, 2016 10:01 AM

Sep 2007
I just...personally kind of wish there was some few scenes of what others see/think of Sasaki currently beside that one tiny description mentioning he's gaining supporters but also non-supporters...

Reading this chapter it almost feels like they kinda know he's "changed" but whether it's because they don't know he's regained his memory/power or he's just too useful/cooperative to them they're gonna sweep the obvious sign of change under the rug now...

But the plot just goes on...oh well....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jan 18, 2016 11:20 AM

Aug 2014
Ken Potter!

For the first time i can agree with Matsuri on something : Kaneki's creepy ass smile xD
Jan 18, 2016 12:18 PM

Nov 2014
ma103 said:
Lol at some genius telling me it's illogical for Kaneki to be taking his time to investigate and not getting more manpower. Guess Ishida lacks the capability of thinking logically.

If it's not going to be explained why he waited six months then yeah, in that case that would pretty poor writing. Not to mention there's no good reason to not confide with at least some of the higher ups who understand his reasoning for keeping the investigation low-profile.

And what's with that reaction? Are you so insecure that you have to resort to blatant name-calling? Besides, I don't have to look far back in your post history to notice a crap-ton of shit you said which turned out to be wrong as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2016 12:34 PM

Dec 2015

"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

Jan 18, 2016 12:37 PM

Aug 2015
LOL i'm i the only one who likes Matsuri?

Anyways, great chapter as usual. The first part with Kaneki, the mangaer and Furuta was interesting, our little anti-hero is basically trying to corner Eto (i wonder if maybe he wants to manipulate her) and is the quest to do this is basically being as creepy as you can possible get. The funny thing is that every smile he makes looks creepy and fake, maybe in reality this Kaneki, when given the opportunity, will be evil and sadistic in order to gladden his sadness. Furuta being awesome as always, he really is a master of acting, i look forward to see more of him maybe in a proper battle or maybe just in some solo investigation. The second part with the special class meeting is perfect, as someone said before, it gave us the feeling of calm before the storm. The Matsuri-Ui relationship is getting worse and worse, with only his father to shut him up, while every other investigator seems ready for the figth, expect for Houji (the deathflags are on him, i predict him and Tatara to have a extraordinary battle with Takizawa showing up just in time to distract Hoji and let him die by Tatara, so he can get his revenge). I wonder what this island will give to us, but i expect nothing good.

BTW did anyone notice how fun was Mourgan hugging Ui? I was like LOL when i first saw it
Jan 18, 2016 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
I like Matsuri too, but you have the special people who somehow hate him for the whole Shirazu thing(of all things to hate the guy for)... It's like they wanted Matsuri to go near Urie and fucking cry instead of doing his job.

Kvothe51 said:
Not to mention there's no good reason to not confide with at least some of the higher ups who understand his reasoning for keeping the investigation low-profile.

There could be plenty of reason, depending on what he wants to do. If there was no reason, he would have told everyone. And there's no one in CCG that he can go to and be like "hey bro, i know who the owl is but we can't tell to anyone else".

Too early to tell.

This arc is probably going to help the confused readers by trimming down the characters.
I will be disappointed if we don't get Tatara going "I'm surrounded by imbeciles" in this arc.
ArcanixJan 18, 2016 12:54 PM
Jan 18, 2016 12:59 PM

Aug 2015
Arcanix said:
I like Matsuri too, but you have the special people who somehow hate him for the whole Shirazu thing(of all things to hate the guy for)... It's like they wanted Matsuri to go near Urie and fucking cry instead of doing his job.

Yeah, it's a shame that people basicall go full hate on him only for that
Jan 18, 2016 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
Arcanix said:
I will be disappointed if we don't get Tatara going "I'm surrounded by imbeciles" in this arc.

Tatara's suffering will never end.
Jan 18, 2016 1:14 PM
Jan 2016
AndyShoes said:
Arcanix said:

Yeah, it's a shame that people basicall go full hate on him only for that

I dont like him because he is douchebag but I also dont like how ppl trying to make him a good guy who's crying over "some" soldier. I am sure he has more on his conscience and Im not mad. I feel like everyone just wants to keep their ass safe .
Jan 18, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2015
AndyShoes said:
LOL i'm i the only one who likes Matsuri?

Anyways, great chapter as usual. The first part with Kaneki, the mangaer and Furuta was interesting, our little anti-hero is basically trying to corner Eto (i wonder if maybe he wants to manipulate her) and is the quest to do this is basically being as creepy as you can possible get. The funny thing is that every smile he makes looks creepy and fake, maybe in reality this Kaneki, when given the opportunity, will be evil and sadistic in order to gladden his sadness. Furuta being awesome as always, he really is a master of acting, i look forward to see more of him maybe in a proper battle or maybe just in some solo investigation. The second part with the special class meeting is perfect, as someone said before, it gave us the feeling of calm before the storm. The Matsuri-Ui relationship is getting worse and worse, with only his father to shut him up, while every other investigator seems ready for the figth, expect for Houji (the deathflags are on him, i predict him and Tatara to have a extraordinary battle with Takizawa showing up just in time to distract Hoji and let him die by Tatara, so he can get his revenge). I wonder what this island will give to us, but i expect nothing good.

BTW did anyone notice how fun was Mourgan hugging Ui? I was like LOL when i first saw it

I love to hate on Matsuri does that count? That's the way his character is designed.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jan 18, 2016 2:21 PM

Aug 2014
Ophis said:
_Kaneki said:
Rio=Shikorae confirmed?

Not this shit again.

Lol, but it's not so far-fetched though.
http://inthesweetmadness.tumblr.com/post/135747354479/rios-possible-identity-in-re
Jan 18, 2016 2:29 PM

Nov 2014
Kryptiq said:
Ophis said:

Not this shit again.

http://inthesweetmadness.tumblr.com/post/135747354479/rios-possible-identity-in-re

Would you mind if I shamelessly copied your signature?
Jan 18, 2016 2:30 PM

Dec 2014
Kvothe51 said:
Kryptiq said:

I'm also tempted to save both his signature and avatar (don't worry mate, even if I do I won't use it on the forums because it's yours).
Jan 18, 2016 2:35 PM

Aug 2014
Nuvviveji said:
Kvothe51 said:

I'm also tempted to save both his signature and avatar (don't worry mate, even if I do I won't use it on the forums because it's yours).

No problem ;)
But do you guys want the original gif ? (i downsize it a bit to fit with the rules on MAL)
Jan 18, 2016 2:41 PM

Dec 2014
Kryptiq said:
Nuvviveji said:

No problem ;)
But do you guys want the original gif ? (i downsize it a bit to fit with the rules on MAL)
Sure mate, message me or Kvothe with the link.
Jan 18, 2016 3:27 PM

Dec 2015
Kaneki doing some off script investigation work there it seems and keeping any info to himself. Annoyingly he isn't even telling us what he has in store. Darn!
Who was that with Hachikawa on the boat? (Not Mutsuki) looked a bit like Eto. My basis? The hair. It's a female carrying his bag, you don't see their face and they have long hair tied in a (kind of) bun (floppy top) style which is the same hair style we normally see Takatsuki with. CCG don't know about her as Kaneki is all tight lipped so she maybe snuck on as a boat operative taking his bags a part of an ambush.
Or maybe it was Mutsuki and I've just looked at it wrongly... Cooky theory.
Jan 18, 2016 4:15 PM

Mar 2015
Certified_Ghoul said:
Kaneki doing some off script investigation work there it seems and keeping any info to himself. Annoyingly he isn't even telling us what he has in store. Darn!
Who was that with Hachikawa on the boat? (Not Mutsuki) looked a bit like Eto. My basis? The hair. It's a female carrying his bag, you don't see their face and they have long hair tied in a (kind of) bun (floppy top) style which is the same hair style we normally see Takatsuki with. CCG don't know about her as Kaneki is all tight lipped so she maybe snuck on as a boat operative taking his bags a part of an ambush.

Thats Ayumu hogi;Hachikwas partner in the squad,she appeared before in the Anteiku raid.
MonstrumJan 18, 2016 4:30 PM
Jan 19, 2016 12:50 AM

Dec 2015
Why call Hollywood's best actors when you have Furuta? 10/10
"I'm not gonna die, I've got a cat that's waiting for me at home"

Jan 19, 2016 6:09 AM

Oct 2011
Acernos said:
arekiiiii said:

I'm not sure how much he is copying Arima in case of personality... Arima doesn't seem like someone with such secrets as Ken and his smile is pretty sincere. Eto on the other hand has secrets, smiles, plans and wicked personality...
Jan 19, 2016 11:22 AM

Dec 2015
nemya said:
Certified_Ghoul said:

Thats Ayumu hogi;Hachikwas partner in the squad,she appeared before in the Anteiku raid.

Well that's not as fun as my theory :P
Jan 20, 2016 6:15 AM
Nov 2015
Am i the only one tired of Aogiri's presence everywhere? I mean, re is getting a bit too repetitive; TG universe has so much to show us, but Ishida still keep focusing on aogiri. I hope that with this arc this will change, and Ishida will focus on other things like Touka, Amon, Ryze ecc...
Jan 20, 2016 9:16 AM

Aug 2013
EyePatchedKaneki said:
Am i the only one tired of Aogiri's presence everywhere? I mean, re is getting a bit too repetitive; TG universe has so much to show us, but Ishida still keep focusing on aogiri. I hope that with this arc this will change, and Ishida will focus on other things like Touka, Amon, Ryze ecc...

Aogiri is everything. they are the ones who are trying to obtain a key and uncovering liars is their job. so why would Ishida change anything? and when did he focuse on Aogiri in re? Eto was the one who was scheming everything. there was no Aogiri focused arc in re. Torso arc, Auction arc, Tsukiyama arc. that's it.

there will be more Anteiku if you wait patiently. Hinami is going to get killed you know. it would ridiculous if Touka won't do anything. btw do they even know that Hinami is captured?
Jan 22, 2016 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
Kvothe51 said:
ma103 said:

If it's not going to be explained why he waited six months then yeah, in that case that would pretty poor writing. Not to mention there's no good reason to not confide with at least some of the higher ups who understand his reasoning for keeping the investigation low-profile.

And what's with that reaction? Are you so insecure that you have to resort to blatant name-calling? Besides, I don't have to look far back in your post history to notice a crap-ton of shit you said which turned out to be wrong as well.

Again, any opinion that differs from yours are wrong.

Exactly, you should have been Ishida's editor. TG will be taken to a whole new level. Don't waste that talent of yours hiding behind the net.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

146 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

151 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.