Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Oct 26, 2015 11:03 PM
Oct 2015
Benphyre said:
and I thought they would have some hot passionate kiss. disappointing

be patient. just wait.it's coming.
Oct 26, 2015 11:52 PM
Feb 2015
Benphyre said:
and I thought they would have some hot passionate kiss. disappointing

Just wait 2 more episodes.
Oct 27, 2015 4:40 AM

Nov 2007
evennire said:
xkinn123 said:
Remember the last time MC-kun straight out confessed before even half of the show ended? At least in the last 5 years?

yeah, me neither.

Golden time guys

For the genre, yes. Outside the genre:

Joukamachi no Dandelion (last season) Ore monogatari (the season prior to that) and before that you have Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii, Nagi no Asukara, White Album 2, Servant X Service, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sukitte ii na yo, Kokoro Connect, Oda Nobuna no Yabou, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Sakamichi no Apollon, etc.

all of which aired in or after 2012 (that is well within the last 3 years.) where MC-kun confessed before half the run of the show and I don't even see half the airing shows each season.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 27, 2015 5:50 AM

Jun 2015
shanimebib said:
For the genre, yes.

That is the main point though. A lot of people, such as myself, who are mainly action-fantasy buffs have been dying for a decent relationship in our genre for fucking years. It rarely occurs. The last one I've seen in the past 5 years is SAO and that's it.

Yeah, if you want progressive relationships you can go to other genres, of course, but within this genre I care the most about, proper relationships are slim to none.

Rakudai might finally deliver that. I mean, it has flaws, like the overuse of ecchi by Silver Link, but it is something. I'm pining for the day someone makes a modern quality action-fantasy with a solid romance and little to no fan-service.
RealityRushOct 27, 2015 5:54 AM
Oct 27, 2015 7:51 AM

Jan 2014
shanimebib said:
evennire said:

Golden time guys

Joukamachi no Dandelion (last season) Ore monogatari (the season prior to that) and before that you have Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii, Nagi no Asukara, White Album 2, Servant X Service, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Sukitte ii na yo, Kokoro Connect, Oda Nobuna no Yabou, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Sakamichi no Apollon, etc.

all of which aired in or after 2012 (that is well within the last 3 years.) where MC-kun confessed before half the run of the show and I don't even see half the airing shows each season.
Half of those are shoujo,rest of them does have confession but no couples till the very end,Rest is Ore Monogatari and Golden Time...
Oct 27, 2015 10:09 AM

Sep 2012
Drake1000 said:
Generic bully villain gets rekt by generic MC, yay.
Imouto gets btfo and newly introduced experienced sword magic babble girl lusts for MC's cock.
Just get a room already lmao, this tsundere is so thirsty.
The ED song reminds of an ED of Code Geass btw.
Same band sing, then quite similar.
PS: Generic this, generic that... maaah, you didn't know that "nothing original under the sun", right. Hmm, onii-chan fed up about you, get lost for awhile you lazy useless imouto... :))
Oct 27, 2015 11:13 AM

Feb 2009
I really love this Episode! Now i want to read the novel as well~
Oh god and Ikkis fight was so awesome! Glad that Kirihara got rekt -.-

Oct 27, 2015 1:44 PM

Feb 2012
Really liking the series so far! I find the MC and Stella much more likeable than characters usually in this kind of genre. Episode 4 and we already got this much development? Awesome!
Oct 27, 2015 2:41 PM

Jun 2015
LoneWizard said:
shanimebib said:

Half of those are shoujo,rest of them does have confession but no couples till the very end,Rest is Ore Monogatari and Golden Time...

By confession he meant confession, acceptation, Ship confirmed in a School, romance, action, magic genre setting which everyone so kindly labels as generic harem.
Oct 27, 2015 2:48 PM
Apr 2015
RealityRush said:
shanimebib said:
For the genre, yes.

That is the main point though. A lot of people, such as myself, who are mainly action-fantasy buffs have been dying for a decent relationship in our genre for fucking years. It rarely occurs. The last one I've seen in the past 5 years is SAO and that's it.

Yeah, if you want progressive relationships you can go to other genres, of course, but within this genre I care the most about, proper relationships are slim to none.

Rakudai might finally deliver that. I mean, it has flaws, like the overuse of ecchi by Silver Link, but it is something. I'm pining for the day someone makes a modern quality action-fantasy with a solid romance and little to no fan-service.

I wouldn't really call a setting where any main heroine would fall for a guy because he beats her in a mock battle a meaningfull proper relationship though..., in the end it's still just a ecchi shounen with clichés and the typical harem antics afterall...
Oct 27, 2015 2:50 PM

Jul 2007
frenze12 said:
RealityRush said:

I wouldn't really call a setting where any main heroine would fall for a guy because he beats her in a mock battle a meaningfull proper relationship though..., in the end it's still just a ecchi shounen with clichés and the typical harem antics afterall...

Except tha tthey clearly established that:
1) she falls more for his goal She can relate to wanting to prove oneself, being stuck int he opposite box.
1) We have seen since first episode that she finds him sexually attractive.
Oct 27, 2015 3:09 PM
Apr 2015
"We have seen since first episode that she finds him sexually attractive"

Just like almost every heroine feels in this show. Infact how many females don't think he's attractive? Almost every (important) female in any harem antic related anime thinks the mc is hot.

Look at the amount of female heroines in this show and compare to the amount of important male characters beside villians. Notice anything? If that isn't a typical harem antic i don't know anymore...
Oct 27, 2015 3:30 PM

Jun 2015
frenze12 said:

Neither would I, but it's the closest I'll get until someone in the anime industry decides to actually attempt a legitimate action-fantasy relationship, which will probably never happen.

If Rakudai is all they are willing to give me, then I'm going to give it a fucking lot of god damn leeway, because I have no other options. Same reason Sword Art Online is one of my favourites, because it has an actual relationship in it, or as close to a real one I'm going to get in this genre.

One of these days someone will do it right, I don't know when, or how, but one day it'll happen, hopefully while I'm still alive. And I'll watch every god damn chance at it occurring until it does.
RealityRushOct 27, 2015 3:34 PM
Oct 27, 2015 3:58 PM

Jan 2009
frenze12 said:

Except that this is not why?

The show explained where the attraction came from: Both are sharing similar pasts in that both have had to overcome significant obstacles and hardship. Both have persevered through it. Both have been able to recognize and value this aspect in the other one, contrary to their experiencences with others. They have similar goals in life which they can pursue together.

Or do you seriously believe that Stella is after Ikki due to thirst or because he beat her? Please don't tell me that this is the depth of your insight?
Oct 27, 2015 4:02 PM

Jan 2014
frenze12 said:
"We have seen since first episode that she finds him sexually attractive"

Just like almost every heroine feels in this show. Infact how many females don't think he's attractive? Almost every (important) female in any harem antic related anime thinks the mc is hot.
Heck,even i find him sexually attractive...Cant blame her...

frenze12 said:
Look at the amount of female heroines in this show and compare to the amount of important male characters beside villians. Notice anything? If that isn't a typical harem antic i don't know anymore...
1-Having lots of girls around doesn't mean anything,the important thing is how other characters react to those people around them
2-More girls=more money,dont blame someone for wanting more money and fans to make him able to write more about his good story...Lots of great LN,manga added filler females for that reason...
Oct 27, 2015 7:24 PM

Nov 2012
Love how the power of love over comes an arrow through the chest.
Oct 27, 2015 8:01 PM

Mar 2011
That confession tho, better than I expected. Glad to see that scumbag get rekt by Ikki's skills. Too bad Ikki didn't hurt him more besides from scaring the shit outta him. I hope there are more romantic scenes between Stella and Ikki from now on.
Oct 27, 2015 8:13 PM

Apr 2015
Blaize said:
That confession tho, better than I expected. Glad to see that scumbag get rekt by Ikki's skills. Too bad Ikki didn't hurt him more besides from scaring the shit outta him. I hope there are more romantic scenes between Stella and Ikki from now on.

Yes It will have more romantic scenes, Just wait for the episode 6.
Oct 27, 2015 9:01 PM

Nov 2011
skudoops said:
ernst said:

Did we watch the same episode? Stella discussed that with the other two.

No she didn't, she only discussed why he didn't charge head on from the start. His plan never included him using his steroid mode, it was basically waiting defending until he figured out the opponents fighting style.

NeoAnkara said:
You can see on the episode itself. As Nagi explained he is under a lot of stress even if he himself didn't realize it deep down. After all it's his first official match and the last chance that he can prove himself. Moreover his opponent is also someone who have bad history with him adding another pressure plus Stella who unknowingly add the pressure by placing high expectation of him.

I know he was nervous but I'm more so focused on why his initial plan didn't involve the steroid mode from the onset.

They discussed that, he's nervous. Remember last episode where MC used Ittou Shura from the very beginning? Stella's saying finish the battle early which means Finishing Blow early = Ittou Shura early. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out one's Alice mentions he's nervous.
Besides a regular charge from the beginning is useless considering what happened when MC figured out his location for the 1st time, he used a regular charge, it didn't work. There's no lag when he's activation invisibility for the 1st time in the manga so obviously a regular charge will be avoided.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Oct 27, 2015 9:06 PM

Nov 2011
NeoAnkara said:
HaXXspetten said:
That still doesn't make sense to me. If it was just a weak attack which didn't cause a lot of damage, then yeah I could understand it. But regardless of what the numbers may say, the fact of the matter is he evidentially got really badly hurt or he wouldn't have ended up losing that much blood. You're looking at the cause, not the effect. If you get that badly hurt, then you're in trouble. It doesn't matter how or why that injury may have been sustained; you'll still be just as badly hurt
And he really in fact down on the count. You can say that heroic second wind have part in this when he stand up back. Also Ittou Shura remove physical limitation on him and boost his endurance and power. He also have after effect and succumb to injury once more after his skill wear off with extra fatigue on him.

They should have made the enemy mention that he's actually toying with the MC and dragging the fight, that's why MC's still alive. E rank in offense is no excuse considering last episode he killed 2 terrorist with those regular arrows (unless they're just unconscious). Also reduce the blood effect specifically the heart organ blow.
If we're just focused on fights ep3 is better.
ernstOct 27, 2015 9:10 PM
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
Oct 27, 2015 9:09 PM

Nov 2011
Next episode title worries me, sounds like a recap. "Experience of the princess"
I hope I'm wrong.
Oct 27, 2015 10:22 PM

Dec 2014
19Pyro90 said:
In this anime they call his skill "perfect vision" but in the fgc it's just known as getting downloaded.

Exactly, and people call it talent/hax, when what it is actually experience(hardwork).

P.S. Ikki is probably better than Kirihara in Archery too. In next few episodes he started accepted giving lectures to people about different weapons(he learned pretty much all of them to get as much advantage as he can get. He is also the mentor of Shizuku who uses a kodachi).
GradationAirOct 28, 2015 2:20 AM
Oct 28, 2015 1:35 AM
Apr 2015
GradationAir said:
19Pyro90 said:
In this anime they call his skill "perfect vision" but in the fgc it's just known as getting downloaded.

Exactly, and people call it talent/hax, when what it is actually experience(hardwork).

Yeau in truth it's actually something simular to "eye of the mind, true" but since these people are more busy training their magic arms rather than their physical prowless or techniques (since in their eyes it's beneath them or useless) it comes over as op/hax to them. (although being a mc in a shounen helps exaggerating it)
Oct 28, 2015 3:36 AM

Sep 2009
So Ikki more or less has Eye of the Mind (True)... AWESOME! Great fight scene especially since it looked like he broke the hologram field with his final attack and that ending. Great episode this week.
Oct 28, 2015 8:10 AM

May 2010
Oh my God, the crowd was heartless... Like, how can you be so freaking inhumane? That takes skills. Like is it really a school? Killing is freaking allowed, injury is a little thing...

Stella covering for Ikki awesomely, she is, no doubt, best girl. No contest there. Tsundere done freaking right!

And Ikki was really cool there! The ship is already canon, woohoo
Oct 28, 2015 8:27 AM
Apr 2015
TragicRomance said:
Oh my God, the crowd was heartless... Like, how can you be so freaking inhumane? That takes skills. Like is it really a school? Killing is freaking allowed, injury is a little thing...

Stella covering for Ikki awesomely, she is, no doubt, best girl. No contest there. Tsundere done freaking right!

And Ikki was really cool there! The ship is already canon, woohoo

pff we all know best girl of this show is secretly Alice. Alice x Ikki for the win!
Oct 28, 2015 10:07 AM

Feb 2014
after going back and reading the manga chapter, having Kirihara turn the stage into a forest just made this all the more hype.
Around and around the cycle goes.
Oct 28, 2015 10:12 AM
May 2012
Nice and awesome episode. Love that confessed scene <3
Oct 28, 2015 10:39 AM

Jan 2011
phantom346 said:
LoneWizard said:

By confession he meant confession, acceptation, Ship confirmed in a School, romance, action, magic genre setting which everyone so kindly labels as generic harem.

Umm, SAO? It had that and it still sucked. So its definitely a good thing, but it can still go shit.
Oct 28, 2015 10:49 AM

Feb 2013
Confession in fourth episode!?!?

FUCK YEAH!!!!
Oct 28, 2015 1:26 PM

Aug 2015
Mentar said:
frenze12 said:

The show explained where the attraction came from: Both are sharing similar pasts in that both have had to overcome significant obstacles and hardship. Both have persevered through it. Both have been able to recognize and value this aspect in the other one, contrary to their experiencences with others. They have similar goals in life which they can pursue together.

Or do you seriously believe that Stella is after Ikki due to thirst or because he beat her? Please don't tell me that this is the depth of your insight?
In my opinion the anime doesn't do a very good job of explaining why they both fell for each other than the source material. It's easy to miss.
Oct 28, 2015 5:56 PM

Feb 2015
best episodes so far...
at this rate, the'll go with the format '1 volume per 4 episodes'
that means they'll adapt the first three volume..

Oct 28, 2015 6:49 PM
Feb 2013
Linkmstr said:
NeoAnkara said:
You forgot about the part that confession is accepted.

And it only took one light novel volume and it's the very first volume.

uhhh even though everyone seems to hate the anime (the LN was better but the anime ruined it - after the first volume - then ruined itself cuz of harem) SAO did.
Oct 28, 2015 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
EPIC EPIC EPIC!
Bestt episode so far!
It's just episode 4 and she already told him that she loves him xD And he told her the same, in other animes this would only happen in the last episode :D
That beginning too xD
Stella was damn hot & cute in this episode, and that motivation for Ikki.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Oct 28, 2015 7:42 PM

Jan 2014
I'm glad the series avoided the typical harem route, I hope I see the two's relationship develop more in the series! Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 28, 2015 9:52 PM
Feb 2015
pop_rocks_kiss said:
Linkmstr said:

And it only took one light novel volume and it's the very first volume.

uhhh even though everyone seems to hate the anime (the LN was better but the anime ruined it - after the first volume - then ruined itself cuz of harem) SAO did.

Huh? What do you mean by harem?
Oct 29, 2015 1:33 AM

Jan 2014
ixarising said:
Ithink he means SAO forgot that asuna and kirito awas a couple and became a harem...Seriously,in Season 2 some of the girls openly flirt with Kirito and Asuna doesnt even pout or complain...She doesnt give a fuck...That bothered me a lot too
Oct 29, 2015 4:04 AM
Apr 2015
FlameSpeedster said:
Mentar said:

In my opinion the anime doesn't do a very good job of explaining why they both fell for each other than the source material. It's easy to miss.

And rushed. Offcourse i saw that scene to and would understand the reason. It's just not enough to start crushing over it. But as usual such devellopments are helped out by the typical otaku pandering because naivity beats realism afterall.

Just because the reason is slighty better than most shounen's doesn't mean the typical concept isn't there, which was my point anyway.
Oct 29, 2015 4:11 AM
Apr 2015
LoneWizard said:
ixarising said:
Ithink he means SAO forgot that asuna and kirito awas a couple and became a harem...Seriously,in Season 2 some of the girls openly flirt with Kirito and Asuna doesnt even pout or complain...She doesnt give a fuck...That bothered me a lot too

I think you are confusing SAO with DxD. Any flirtation in S 2 was usually done as a joke and Asuna was clearly annoyed by some of them. (specially when you read side materials etc.)

While there are multiple girls having feelings for kirito, they all understood that kirito only loved Asuna and respected Asuna enough to not interfere.
Oct 29, 2015 4:34 AM

Jun 2015
Romantic declarationin the chapter 4? This anime is breaking"the rules"and I like it
Oct 29, 2015 5:32 AM

Jun 2015
LoneWizard said:
ixarising said:

Or maybe Asuna knows she's got her man locked up and is comfortable with it? Mature adults in a healthy relationship don't freak out any time their partner is hit on. That's what trust is all about. Heck, I'd take it as a compliment.
Oct 29, 2015 6:27 AM

Jan 2014
RealityRush said:
Or maybe Asuna knows she's got her man locked up and is comfortable with it? Mature adults in a healthy relationship don't freak out any time their partner is hit on. That's what trust is all about. Heck, I'd take it as a compliment.
I dont know what you mean by "mature adults" because neither Kirito nor Asuna are mature adults but if i must speak from experience irl i am pretty sure 15-25 years old young adults do freak out to some extent...

frenze12 said:

I think you are confusing SAO with DxD. Any flirtation in S 2 was usually done as a joke and Asuna was clearly annoyed by some of them. (specially when you read side materials etc.)

While there are multiple girls having feelings for kirito, they all understood that kirito only loved Asuna and respected Asuna enough to not interfere.
No,i didnt read any side materials,in the anime romantic interactions between Kirito and Asuna were nonexsistent...The only time they went together to a journey Asuna didnt even talk with Kirito while he kept flirting around with other girls...
Oct 29, 2015 6:57 AM

Jul 2007
LoneWizard said:

No,i didnt read any side materials,in the anime romantic interactions between Kirito and Asuna were nonexsistent...The only time they went together to a journey Asuna didnt even talk with Kirito while he kept flirting around with other girls...[/quote]

I don't remember a single "flirting" moment, beyond the tail grab which was more of a joke than flirt.
Oct 29, 2015 7:14 AM

Mar 2012
And this turn into SAO discussion. Sasuga Cavalry sub-forum really lively with all kind of discussion.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 29, 2015 7:29 AM

Jun 2015
NeoAnkara said:
And this turn into SAO discussion. Sasuga Cavalry sub-forum really lively with all kind of discussion.

We're dying for more Rakudai to talk about but no episode 5 yet ;P
Oct 29, 2015 7:37 AM

Mar 2012
RealityRush said:
NeoAnkara said:

We're dying for more Rakudai to talk about but no episode 5 yet ;P
Episode 5 won't be that lively. At most it will be 200 post. We will be lively again in episode 6.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 29, 2015 8:11 AM
Dec 2011
Here's something on the LN sales:

Oct 5-11
Vol 1: 4,819 copies (52,488 copies cumulative)
Entire series (up to Vol 7): 17,885 copies

Oct 12-18
Vol 1: No data (most likely 5,000-6,000 copies)
Vol 8: 18,275 copies (18,275 copies cumulative)
Entire series (up to Vol 8): 47,363 copies

Oct 19-25
Vol 1: No data (most likely around 4,000 copies)
Vol 8: 6,947 copies (25,222 copies cumulative)
Entire series (up to Vol 8): 27,396 copies

Looks like Rakudai Vol 1 most likely already sold at least 60k now. Vol 2 should be close to 50k now since second volume of LN usually sells about 80% of first volume. Vol 8 normal edition has sold 25k but if combined with the special Drama CD edition, Vol 8 should have sold 30k now if not the week after. If the latest volume has sold this much, then other volumes (Vol 3-7) should be above 30k each.

Now that the 4th episode has aired, there are more people in Japan liking this show so we might start seeing better sales. The rate of sales so far is probably not enough for even Vol 1 to reach 100k. But it seems the novels will also sell well this week, probably better than last week. We'll just have to see how the LN sales will go next month.

As for the BD/DVD sales, the sales prediction now has increased to 3.8k (3.1k BD + 0.7k DVD) from 2.0k during the first week. It may eventually reach at least 5.0k.

There are still Ep 6 and the episodes from the third arc so who knows how the LN and BD sales will go after those episodes air. At least now we know that the anime help significantly increase LN sales.
Oct 29, 2015 8:23 AM

Mar 2012
^Release date of first BD/DVD will be at 25th December. By then anime have been finished airing(if there are no reschedule). All of it's good point will be out by then so expect good boost.

Also does someone know what this is?

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv238694815
Oct 29, 2015 9:20 AM

Jan 2015
Really enjoyed this episode. And at least a pairing I liked happens and it makes me so pleased.
Oct 29, 2015 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
frenze12 said:
Offcourse i saw that scene to and would understand the reason.

If that was the case, why were you attributing something extremely oblivious and shallow to the attraction between Ikki and Stella? Why did you misrepresent?

It's just not enough to start crushing over it.

Nobody asks you to "crush" over it. But if you implicitly berate the show for being trivial and simple, and then give an extremely trivial, simple and _false_ representation, this is a peculiar mix. It rather suggests to me that your own judgment is oblivious and faulty.

But as usual such devellopments are helped out by the typical otaku pandering because naivity beats realism afterall.

It is _your_ fault for being unable to pick it up. Like I said, your criticism of triviality and your own ability to analyze are at odds.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

482 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 4, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

341 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 4, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

210 by almightybismarck »»
Aug 3, 11:20 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

224 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 27, 8:09 AM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

191 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 26, 11:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.