Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 31, 2015 10:40 PM

Aug 2015
Hello I always read a couple of reviews before watching a series because it saves me a lot of time, because in some cases you have to watch a few episodes until the series take shape. But lately I have seen two series that I totally disliked and were completely the opposite as the reviews and have decent scores (7.8 approx): Amagi brilliant park and Mahouka Reitusei.
To prevent this from happening to other people the reviews should be more objective and that can be achieved by having a team of people who review the series and put a objective score. And to keep fans happy there could be a fanscore
Also it would be nice that reviewers where adult people with some knowledge of anime and manga

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 31, 2015 10:42 PM
May 2015
Anyone should be allowed to review, because we all have different opinions, and different opinions is what makes reviewing and discussing something fun.
Aug 31, 2015 10:57 PM

Apr 2014
Reading Reviews = Major Spoiler Alert!
That's why some people rate it low because of that terrible writing.
Haters always gonna hate.
Aug 31, 2015 11:03 PM

Aug 2012
Aren't reviews based on the person's opinion & how they felt about what they watched? Just because someone feels a certain way about something; whether it be good or bad, doesn't mean you will. Also you don't have to be "adult people with some knowledge of anime and manga" to express your views.
Aug 31, 2015 11:05 PM

Apr 2014
lol, just because you don't agree with the reviews makes them bad reviews? Where's the PC control when you need it.
Aug 31, 2015 11:05 PM

Jan 2009
there are review moderators on MAL already but its hard to get more people to volunteer on that position i heard, so would you like to volunteer?
Sep 1, 2015 1:44 AM

Oct 2009
These must be troll reviews, just report them
Sep 1, 2015 3:01 AM

Feb 2010
megamachine said:
I have seen two series that I totally disliked and were completely the opposite as the reviews and have decent scores.
Your opinion is not the law. Reviews will always be subjective.
CashdaxSep 1, 2015 3:04 AM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Sep 1, 2015 3:46 AM

Nov 2014
@megamachine You know objectively that two anime are good.
Amagi Brilliant Park is good without question, if you don't like this genree why you watch it?
Mahouka Kouko no Rettousei is good too, but you need a kind of taste to like it, many people like it because of the MC.
Sep 1, 2015 4:11 AM

May 2013
There's a very high chance this is someone's alt.
Sep 1, 2015 4:29 AM

Nov 2014
FlameWingman21 said:
It's obvious, he/she don't want to take the responsibility for his/her actions. But still he/she made a suggestion and I don't think anyone would give half-assed answer just because of that.
Sep 1, 2015 4:39 AM

May 2013
Delenai said:
FlameWingman21 said:
It's obvious, he/she don't want to take the responsibility for his/her actions. But still he/she made a suggestion and I don't think anyone would give half-assed answer just because of that.

I would, to be honest. Like Serhiyko's.
Sep 1, 2015 4:42 AM

Sep 2014
You can't be objective about entertainment, every score can be fair
Sep 1, 2015 4:45 AM

Oct 2010
Sep 1, 2015 5:06 AM

Oct 2013
Anna_Cats said:
Anyone should be allowed to review, because we all have different opinions, and different opinions is what makes reviewing and discussing something fun.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Sep 1, 2015 5:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
It's people like you who made the old review system so corrupted
Sep 1, 2015 6:03 AM

Feb 2010
lel, how far people go to randomly express their hate for specific shows. Moving from AD to Suggestions for that endeavor is funny.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 1, 2015 6:18 AM

Jun 2010
AYY LMAO

This is a pretty subjective thread :^)
Sep 1, 2015 7:24 AM
Mar 2015
Megamachine, why not write your own review? Perhaps your example will show our community what a good review is.
Sep 1, 2015 8:10 AM

Oct 2009
Let me in this mal score committee! I'm pretty sure I have a good taste and could make an educated reasoning about anime shows.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 1, 2015 9:34 AM

Jan 2015
megamachine said:
But lately I have seen two series that I totally disliked and were completely the opposite as the reviews and have decent scores (7.8 approx): Amagi brilliant park and Mahouka Reitusei.

So just because YOU disliked them and the reviewers like them, makes the reviews unfair?
Sep 1, 2015 9:52 AM
Mar 2015
Rebel_Roo said:
megamachine said:
But lately I have seen two series that I totally disliked and were completely the opposite as the reviews and have decent scores (7.8 approx): Amagi brilliant park and Mahouka Reitusei.

So just because YOU disliked them and the reviewers like them, makes the reviews unfair?

Yes, it's his [sarcasm]non-subjective[/sarcasm] opinion.
Sep 1, 2015 10:52 AM

Aug 2015
You people dont understand I am talking about reviews that praise some series humor or story, and when you are viewing them you get disappointed

And for the person who asked me to write one, I cannot do that cause English is not my native language and i have a lot of grammar mistakes
Sep 1, 2015 11:00 AM

Aug 2015
Also my message was for the admins (the suggestions section) so i never thought that some people would come and argue with my suggestion. Its people like you who fight against every constructive critic who make things impossible to change
Sep 1, 2015 11:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
megamachine said:
You people dont understand I am talking about reviews that praise some series humor or story, and when you are viewing them you get disappointed

And for the person who asked me to write one, I cannot do that cause English is not my native language and i have a lot of grammar mistakes
Whenever I see a post like this I always end up having an inner conflict about whether or not the user in question is trolling or just dumb
Sep 1, 2015 11:03 AM

Nov 2014
megamachine said:
Also my message was for the admins (the suggestions section) so i never thought that some people would come and argue with my suggestion. Its people like you who fight against every constructive critic who make things impossible to change
You Sir deserve a reward you made me speechless.
Sep 1, 2015 11:20 AM
Mar 2015
megamachine said:

I am sorry to inform you, but English is my third language. [s] It won't save you.
Sep 1, 2015 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
Delenai said:
Amagi Brilliant Park is good without question, if you don't like this genree why you watch it?
Mahouka Kouko no Rettousei is good too, but you need a kind of taste to like it, many people like it because of the MC.

What?
Sep 1, 2015 11:28 AM

Nov 2014
EverydayIfight said:
What?
Arm yourself with a dictionary, a translator and try to decode that I wrote there.
Sep 1, 2015 11:28 AM

Nov 2012
all reviews are subjective
deal with it
Sep 1, 2015 12:09 PM

Jan 2015
megamachine said:

Why is it, when someone gets called out on something, they want to bring up the 'English is not my first language' excuse like it's relevant? Your post was pretty straight forward. You read reviews before you watched a series. Reviews that are people's opinions, not facts. these reviews praised the show in question. So you decided to give the show a shot, based on someone's opinion. You didn't like the show and now want to say the review was unfair just because you didn't like the show?

The most asinine thing I've ever heard.

The problem you have is you judge a series based soley on people's OPINIONS, then have your hopes up expecting a great show then are sorely disappointed. This is exactly why I don't read reviews before watching a show.
ArillionSep 1, 2015 12:26 PM
Sep 1, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
Delenai said:
EverydayIfight said:
What?
Arm yourself with a dictionary, a translator and try to decode that I wrote there.

What?
Sep 1, 2015 12:47 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Galaka said:
That would be nice - to have some professional critics review shows on MAL. You know how in Rotten Tomatoes there is an audience score and a critics score. There should be something like this here as well. Yet, I doubt that professional critics are going to review Anime.
Anikore has more or less the same system as Rotten Tomatoes with two separate ratings on site; one for critic reviews and one for user scores. So yeah it's definitely doable, but probably something which should be implemented into an anime site from the very beginning rather than this late in the game
Sep 1, 2015 12:49 PM

Oct 2009
megamachine said:
Also my message was for the admins (the suggestions section) so i never thought that some people would come and argue with my suggestion.

Maybe if you had checked the section somewhat you would have seen that it's not the case

megamachine said:
Its people like you who fight against every constructive critic who make things impossible to change

I suggest you to follow my first advice:
Serhiyko said:
These must be troll reviews, just report them
SerhiykoSep 1, 2015 12:56 PM
Sep 1, 2015 1:09 PM

Aug 2015
Galaka said:
That would be nice - to have some professional critics review shows on MAL. You know how in Rotten Tomatoes there is an audience score and a critics score. There should be something like this here as well. Yet, I doubt that professional critics are going to review Anime.

Thank, yours was the first sensible reply.
Not professional critics, but they can have someone that reads the reviews before they are posted in the page for avoiding super fan critics (or super hate). The problem is that some characters or settings may be liked by teenagers but hated by adults, so it would be nice to post the age of the reviewer also
Sep 1, 2015 1:11 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
megamachine said:
The problem is that some characters or settings may be liked by teenagers but hated by adults, so it would be nice to post the age of the reviewer also
Maturity isn't necessarily correlated with age

Also this is an anonymous internet forum. Demanding people to publically state their age is probably not a good thing (and you could just say whatever anyway, not like there's anyway for anyone else to confirm it)
Sep 1, 2015 1:12 PM

Oct 2009
megamachine said:

No, mine was
Sep 1, 2015 1:16 PM

Jul 2013
the fuck did you expect
Sep 1, 2015 1:18 PM

Oct 2009
Wapu said:
the fuck did you expect

This:
megamachine said:
my message was for the admins (the suggestions section) so i never thought that some people would come and argue with my suggestion
Sep 1, 2015 1:18 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Serhiyko said:
megamachine said:

No, mine was
I think the very first reply was sensible
Sep 1, 2015 1:24 PM

Aug 2015
Serhiyko said:
megamachine said:

No, mine was

True
Sep 1, 2015 1:27 PM

Aug 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Serhiyko said:

No, mine was

Yo said maturity has nothing to do with the age, but i tell you it does. Also you posted I was dumb or trolling (i don't mind cause i don't know what trolling means, maybe I am too forum-less) and later you where discussing other posts, that makes you immature
Sep 1, 2015 1:29 PM

Oct 2009
HaXXspetten said:

megamachine said:
Serhiyko said:
No, mine was

True

See?
It's the same as with Boku no Piko - everyone who makes positive reviews for it is basically just trolling - we all understand that they can't be serious. Same story here, so they must be reported and removed
SerhiykoSep 1, 2015 1:33 PM
Sep 1, 2015 1:45 PM

Jan 2015
megamachine said:
Yo said maturity has nothing to do with the age, but i tell you it does. Also you posted I was dumb or trolling (i don't mind cause i don't know what trolling means, maybe I am too forum-less) and later you where discussing other posts, that makes you immature

Maturity comes with experience. Age does play a role but not as much.

Find a reviewer who has a similar taste to you but in the end, you'll always come across shows others liked but you probably won't. There's no such thing as an objective opinion.

Sep 1, 2015 7:43 PM

Aug 2015
TruExtasy said:
megamachine said:

Maturity comes with experience. Age does play a role but not as much.

Find a reviewer who has a similar taste to you but in the end, you'll always come across shows others liked but you probably won't. There's no such thing as an objective opinion.

That maturity commentary was that if they put their ages in the reviews i would read those of the people around my age, cause probably would dislike the same things
Sep 1, 2015 7:50 PM

Sep 2012
You're free to write your own reviews.
Sep 1, 2015 7:53 PM

Aug 2011
Is this thread real?
Sep 1, 2015 8:09 PM
Jan 2013
EverydayIfight said:
Delenai said:

What?
EverydayIfight said:
Delenai said:

What?

I'm sure Delenai is just trolling
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Sep 2, 2015 3:38 AM
Mar 2014
Galaka said:
to have some professional critics review shows on MAL.

No professional anime critics exist.
Sep 2, 2015 4:56 AM
Mar 2015
vodall said:
Galaka said:
to have some professional critics review shows on MAL.

No professional anime critics exist.

What about Archaeon?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Add a link to manga entry in Manga Store when store is not available

bozal19 - 4 hours ago

0 by bozal19 »»
4 hours ago

» Choose which cover image/picture is shown in your lists

T147 - 5 hours ago

0 by T147 »»
5 hours ago

» Change favorite pictures

Tsunamii_ - May 18, 2023

5 by deg »»
5 hours ago

» allow choosing own images on animes

RimuruTari - Jul 17, 2022

2 by T147 »»
5 hours ago

» Why Current Events should come back

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

26 by Rasco »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.