Forum Settings
Forums

Last anime you watched >>> Rate + Mini-Review/Thoughts

New
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2009 9:10 AM

Jun 2007
Tenchi: Movie 2 - 7-7.5/10

Yet more 7-8/10 Tenchi. Same old, same old.

This film had the potential to be 8/10 worthy - on par or even better than the first. It failed to do so for one reason: its length. Rather than a film, it was more like a Christmas special, with under 55 minutes of content. I liked the new member of Tenchi's harem, his 'daughter', but it all fell apart towards the end when the story started rushing, jumping around after it had been going at an average pace. Because of the pacing, the fight at the end was pretty bad, ending as soon as Tenchi powered up.

If you push me, I'd give the first film 8/10. In the case of the second, if pushed I'd score it 7/10. I can only hope the final film, which lasts as long as the first, is executed better than number 2 and is at least 8/10 worthy. I'm too hopeful since movies 2 & 3have the same rating on MAL.

Area 88 - 7.5-8/10

Until the 'ending', I was going to give this a straight up score of 8/10. What changed my mind was how anti-climatic it ended. It seemed to be heading towards an epic conclusion, with Shin deciding to desert to stop the wedding of Ryoko with his rival...but then he stopped, going back to base. The series ended with Shin staying at Area 88 and the photographer informing Ryoko that Shin hadn't died. That was it - no confrontation between Shin and Kanzaki, no reunion between Shin and Ryoko...nothing. It was as if the final episode hadn't been included.

Overall, Area 88 was an enjoyable show to watch. Lots of episodic goodness, nice looking CG snd some likeable characters. But the lack of character development, simplistic 'I set you up to steal your woman, lulz. I am your eternal rival!' story and lack of any real conclusion let it down. I'm glad I watched it but with more depth and a longer run I'm sure it could've been a lot better.

What interests me is the manga spoiler I read on one of the DVDs (great extra, that). In the original manga, Shin had a duel in the sky with Kanzaki at the end. I can only assume that the story was originally a hell of a lot different since Kanzaki in the TV series was just a wannabee airline captain - he'd never even killed anyone before. I'll have to watch the OVA series at some point...
Jul 19, 2009 3:37 PM

Aug 2008
Rurouni Kenshin: Ishinshishi e no Requiem 10/10

This is surely one of the best movies I watched. The animation is great, although it is a bit old, but that doesn't bother me. The music is simply brilliant, and maybe the best part of this movie. The characters and the story are great, although the story didn't really leave me out of breath.

Kurenai 9/10

I only watched this because a friend gave it to me, and I really didn't expect much from this anime. But after only 2 episodes it really surprised me. Although the opening didn't suggest that the anime was good, everything that followed was excellent. The story, characters and the animation were really great. Unfortunately the music wasn't really impressive but that isn't important. This anime really was funny, but also very serious at some points.

The only thing i really didn't like about it is that it was short, and that some characters are really underdeveloped, I think that it would have been better that it ran for another 12 episodes, telling us more about some characters. But everything considered it was really a nice anime.
Jul 24, 2009 12:31 AM

Jun 2009
Death Note -7-8

I am unsure where to place it. the first half of the anime was very well done. Had an interesting plot, twist and character relationship. The second half was just kinda like the creator needed to finish so they just threw it together.

Other than that fact. It was different than anything else that I am currently watching so it was a nice break. I love the philosophy that gets delved upon. It is quite interesting. One case is Light really doing the right thing. Or just a crazy guy with a god complex? I thought the first one when I started out, then as it progress my opinion of him changed as he started to turn into Kira, not just use Kira as a persona. So to speak.

---I'm not going there to die...I'm going there to find out if I'm really alive-Spike, Cowboy Bebop---
Jul 24, 2009 12:39 AM

Jul 2009
InuyashaSit said:
Death Note -7-8

I am unsure where to place it. the first half of the anime was very well done. Had an interesting plot, twist and character relationship. The second half was just kinda like the creator needed to finish so they just threw it together.

Other than that fact. It was different than anything else that I am currently watching so it was a nice break. I love the philosophy that gets delved upon. It is quite interesting. One case is Light really doing the right thing. Or just a crazy guy with a god complex? I thought the first one when I started out, then as it progress my opinion of him changed as he started to turn into Kira, not just use Kira as a persona. So to speak.

I think this sums up the vast majority of viewers' opinions. It really does suck that they didn't end it with L's death. It would have been even better if the "bad" guy had won for once.
Check out my blog for anime reviews, news, and episode downloads.

http://4649anime.blogspot.com/
Jul 24, 2009 1:38 PM
Mar 2009
Major Series: I couldn't stop watching it. It was interesting watching the main character go from little league, junior high, high school, pro, etc through each season and the relationships he had with teammates and other characters. I enjoyed it more and more each season. 8/10 for s1 and 2, 9/10 for 3, 4 and 5 so far.

Texhnolyze: First 8 episodes was boring for the most part. I didn't care for the main character much since he didn't get much character development early on. I yawned at least 5 times during one episode this early. I finally got into the flow of the series the next 10 episodes. Then some philosophical stuff the next 2 episodes which I found boring. Last 2 episodes was ok. I didn't really like the main characters. My favorite ended up being the doctor. Very gloomy and dark and I was bored for almost half the anime. 6/10
Jul 24, 2009 1:48 PM

Nov 2008
Higashi no Eden
Finally an anime which kept my interest til the end. I fucking dig the characters as well as the plot and it has the most epic opening I've seen for a while. Not because of the animation, it's because of Oasis. Just gorgeous =w=

Too bad it has 11 Eps... I wish Higashi no Eden would have had 26 Eps.
But I'm looking forward to the movies.

10/10
Jul 24, 2009 3:42 PM

Apr 2009
Niea Under 7 - 8/10

Good stuff. Average or better on all counts, great characters, very mellow and somewhat poignant.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Jul 24, 2009 4:07 PM

Jul 2009
Tales of Phantasia - 6/10

Even 4 episodes was hard to make it through. The story just didn't work and had too many plot holes. Cool voice actors (Ichigo!) and pretty animation though.
Check out my blog for anime reviews, news, and episode downloads.

http://4649anime.blogspot.com/
Jul 24, 2009 6:42 PM

Apr 2009
Princess Tutu - 8/10

At varying times in the series, it's a pretty good representation. That being said, the show did stall in places and the denouement failed pretty miserably.
Jul 24, 2009 7:12 PM

Jun 2009
Air 9/10

Interesting series, had a story which you had to work with the show a bit to understand what was going on. Loved the story and was entertaining to watch how they unfolded it.
Jul 24, 2009 8:02 PM

Sep 2008
I gave Ghost Hunt a 10/10 because I can't really think of anything I disliked about it. The characters were all very likable, and the plot was solid. Every story arc was very unique, going for a different tone and style - it surprisingly turned out well every time, despite the variety. Ghost Hunt isn't a show that'll change the anime world forever or anything, but it always met (and often exceeded) my expectations.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2009 9:33 AM
Aug 2007
Axis Powers Hetalia --- 8/10

It was cute and funny and I enjoyed it a lot. The finale was funny but not very 'finale' like, although I guess that's because Season 2 started shortly afterwards. :|
Jul 28, 2009 11:30 AM

Jun 2009
brand_182 said:
InuyashaSit said:
Death Note -7-8

I think this sums up the vast majority of viewers' opinions. It really does suck that they didn't end it with L's death. It would have been even better if the "bad" guy had won for once.

I agree immensely with that. I was hoping that towards the end Light would "get away" with it. I almost thought that he was going to. But everyone loves this anime. I can sorta see why, but I can see many things that are flawed with this as well.

---I'm not going there to die...I'm going there to find out if I'm really alive-Spike, Cowboy Bebop---
Jul 28, 2009 11:40 AM

Oct 2008
Nodame Cantabile (all series)

10/10
As close as you get to perfection in my universe - I loved it!
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!
Jul 28, 2009 12:35 PM

Apr 2009
Clannad ~After Story~ 9/10

One of the few animes here at MAL that deserve their high rating. An incredible series, that knows how to be romantic without being cheesy and how to be emotional without becoming overdramatic. The Deus Ex Machina ending hurts it a bit, though the fact that it was foreshadowed ever since the first season and brings a satisfying conclusion to the alternate "Hidden World" storyline make it much more tolerable than it'd otherwise be.
No problem is insoluble in all conceivable circumstances.
Jul 28, 2009 12:48 PM

Jun 2009
Draek said:
Clannad ~After Story~ 9/10

One of the few animes here at MAL that deserve their high rating. An incredible series, that knows how to be romantic without being cheesy and how to be emotional without becoming overdramatic. The Deus Ex Machina ending hurts alot.

This. Some dickheads spoiled it for me, though.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Jul 28, 2009 1:13 PM

May 2009
Baccano + the OVAs - 9/10

Loved the insane characters.
[
Jul 29, 2009 3:42 AM

Jul 2009
Myself;Yourself
9.5/10
Favorite characters: Nanaka, Shuri.
It's a very emo anime, but well-written and a bit tragic.The minus -.5 is because of the character Aoi and that little girl who stalked Shuri's brother. They were obviously in there for some comic relief and (for Aoi) TITS OR GTFO. I would have to say my favorite plot was the rumor about the twins in the love hotel. I felt like I was going to cry when that happened. :/
If you liked...then watch this: School Days. It's drama, too, but less love triangles and less blood.
Jul 29, 2009 6:12 AM

Jun 2008
Toradora!

I would give it a 10/10 since I really enjoyed it from start to finish and it even felt really fresh after some of the other stuff I've watched. The entire cast and their seiyuu were top notch in my books since they all seemed to compliment each other throughout the entire story. Animation was pretty well done too, since it shows stuff we don't normally notice, like how in very dramatic moments, we never really pay much attention to our surroundings, and also how we never exactly look our best all the time, especially when we're really angry or sad.
Jul 29, 2009 11:54 AM

Sep 2008
I'm giving Ouran High School Host Club a 9/10, for being absolutely hilarious. Lol moments every episode, and what really surprised me was how they snuck in backstory and some touching moments as well. The characters were great - every member of the club was likable in his/her own way. I even liked some of the side characters a lot - especially Nekozawa.
Fun, fun series - just a few parts I found a bit annoying or (too) weird. I didn't have very high expectations for the show, but it ended up being a riot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2009 7:05 PM

Jun 2007
Baldr Force EXE - 7/10

The series is like The Matrix... just without the whole trench coat thing. People get plugged into a virtual world via their heads and even get the mecha they visualize. It's as if whoever came up with the story saw The Matrix and thought, "Wouldn't it be awesome with Gundams, heads exploding and lots of big breasted women?"

I liked the first episode but the overall quality wasn't high. You can tell it was based on a hentai story; the amount of female characters is a clear indication. I have nothing against seeing a lot of females but when none get any development due to the short two hour length, it makes the anime look like all of the other average titles that use sex to sell.

The story was decent enough, though it lacked originality with its Matrix theft and generic 'I was experimented on as a child and escaped!' plot twist. Not worthy of remembering. It was good enough for one viewing but I doubt I'd enjoy sitting through it again.

Overall, it was worth a fiver but I can't really recommend it to anyone outside of those who want to add more anime to their MAL lists.
Jul 29, 2009 8:06 PM

Jun 2008
Usagi-chan de Cue!! - 3/10

Holy shit, what a god awful anime. Maybe it's because it was only in 3 22 minute episodes, but the story felt so rushed. I give them credit for trying to make a unique story about people and animals who have merged, but it was too rushed to be done at least half decent. Several things were left unexplained also, and the constant pantie shots were sort of getting annoying.There should have been about 10 eps to fully explain the series and deepen the characters.

Mimika is seriously one of the most annoying characters I've eve seen. Almost as bad as Konata. She is constantly clinging to Haru like a fly on shit. She's always fucking scared, and she transforms whenever her or her friends get into danger. She transforms into a "bad ass" character called Mikami, who isn't a lot fucking better than her. Kosha, Haru, and Miku weren't as bad as Mimika/Mikami, but they were still shit. I didn't expect this anime to be good, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. Almost everything in this anime turned me off, I'm surprised I even finished watching it. If there's one anime you shouldn't watch, this is it.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Jul 29, 2009 10:04 PM

Apr 2009
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time) - 10/10

Nearly 100 minutes of perfection. Visually its a masterpiece, with beautiful character designs, fluid animation, gorgeous backgrounds and excellent direction, one of those rare animes that'd still be enjoyable without audio or subtitles. The voice acting follows the visual design in aiming for higher realism than most animes and succeeds brilliantly, and while the musical score is fairly low-key for most of the movie it is nevertheless quite beautiful and effective at setting the mood, even when you don't notice.

Plot-wise its amazing, despite touching many of the popular themes in time traveling it never feels cliched and, in fact, brings a refreshing dose of innocence to the genre, focusing on the effects her ability has on the main character's day-to-day relationships rather than fighting some specific threat. Characters are brilliantly developed, showing realistic reactions to the happenings around them, and the pacing is flawless from start to finish.

Overall, I feel confident in saying its the best piece of anime I've ever seen. Fantastic, breath-taking, beautiful from start to end, I cannot recommend this movie enough. Go watch it, buy it, put the DVD in a pedestal and pray to it, its simply that good.
No problem is insoluble in all conceivable circumstances.
Jul 29, 2009 10:33 PM

Jun 2009
Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, a series that lives up to its name. I've watched it three times now, and I still don't understand everything about it. This is awesome, because it adds to the series' rewatch value because every time I see it I learn something new.

I always watch GITS Dubbed because, frankly, it's what i'm used to and I enjoy the english voice acting (for a change). The characters, in particular, Motoko, Batou, and the Laughing Man are awesome. The music was great, especially the opening theme song Inner Universe.

I have somewhat mixed feelings about the Stand Alone episodes. When compared to the Laughing Man storyline, they just don't hold as much weight. However, they do give us some development on the characters.

Overall, I think the series deserves a very solid 8/10. To those who haven't seen it, you have to give your undivided attention. Otherwise, you'll get lost just like a friend of mine.
Ston3_FreeN7Oct 21, 2009 5:46 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 29, 2009 10:38 PM

Apr 2009
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - 9/10

A terrific series, absolutely hilarious whilst actually hitting some very serious points home in a way that leaves you thinking "huh, never thought of it that way before...". Never gets full of itself and keeps the same level of quality running through the entire season.

Would be 10/10 if it had an actual plot, but that is just a minor quibble.

Downloading the second season now. :3
Jul 30, 2009 10:35 AM

Oct 2007
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo - 9/10

Very pleasant surprise. I know it's rated highly, but I wasn't really expecting too much since it didn't quite seem to be up my alley all that much. But like I said, I was totally surprised. Beautiful movie, highly recommended.

Jul 30, 2009 2:02 PM

Sep 2008
08th MS Team Remastered 10/10: Easily the best gundam in the UC series. Seen it a 100 times before but it's twice as awesome remastered.

Silent Mobious 6/10: I think it would have been better if they got rid of the whole magic thing and just made it a cyber punk police thriller.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jul 30, 2009 6:59 PM

Apr 2009
Jiogku Shoujo 8/10 (will go to 6/10):

Very, very good. There's not much of a plot for the first few episodes, and they range from good to absolutely fantastic with well developed characters. However, with the introduction of Hajime, the stories go way downhill. Time that would be spent actually developing the suspense and the characters' backgrounds/relationships is devoted to writing in Hajime into the story (it wouldn't be so bad if he actually contributed to the story in a meaningful way, but he really doesn't...), causing several excellent stories to be absolutely ruined. Of course Hajime doesn't ruin all of the stories, so it's still definitely watchable. Anyway, the artwork is good, if suffering from terrible QUALITY issues, the music is excellent and the voice acting is decent (with the worst performer being Hajime...). If you like horror/psychological anime you should definitely check out Jigoku Shoujo.
Jul 30, 2009 7:56 PM

Jul 2009
Onegai Twins 9/10
The story is about a guy named Maiku who was a twin he never met yet and fatefully meets two girls that claim to be his twin and then the story proceeds from there

Jul 30, 2009 8:57 PM

Jun 2008
Honey & Clover II - 10/10

It's been a ridiculously long time since I last started watching Honey and Clover. I finished the first reason roughly maybe 2-3 years ago, and never got around with S2, even though I had it with me for like a year. Where do I start? I didn't want to finish it due to the urge to feel reminiscent once it's all over. But, I just did, and I can gladly say, it's one of the best series I've ever watched. And probably the most realistic, yet.

The series succeeds to make me feel extremely attached to the characters, making them feel real enough that makes me think, gee, that could be my life. For a story, there isn't really any plot, like many other slice-of-life series, it's about growing up and making decisions. Yet, with so many in the genre, this one definitely made the greatest impact to me. Animation and sound wise, it was beautiful throughout. Landscapes. Characters. Piano melodies. Songs. It always brought a sort of calmness and serenity. The story focuses on characters and their interaction with others, in short, romance. And boy, did it pull off a beautiful ending as well. Anyways, I could talk several paragraphs about how great it was to me, but in short, a deserved 10/10 in my list.
Jul 30, 2009 10:42 PM

Oct 2007
Kara no Kyoukai 6 - 8/10

Average among the Kara no Kyoukai series. Got pretty exciting about 3/4 through. Looking forward to the final movie.

Jul 31, 2009 1:08 AM

Oct 2008
Kara no Kyoukai 6 - 6/10

Worst of the series thus far. It contributed nothing to the main storyline, was incredibly slow-paced and filled with pointless scenes and dialogue. The action scenes were stunning, and the animation during them was probably the best I've seen ever. Sound was great as it has been in the previous movies.
I'd give it a lower rating, but it picked up in the second half. Still, nothing special.
Jul 31, 2009 2:57 AM

Apr 2009
Kara no Kyoukai 1

I guess this movie was rather unusual since it focused more on visual impressions than on story or character development, I really liked Shiki though. The atmosphere was quite deep and despite of the lacking story it made me interested in this series and I'm definetly going to check out the sequels. 8/10
Jul 31, 2009 2:58 AM

Jul 2009
Clannad ~After Story~
10/10...beautiful

** > Oh, I remembered the game ;) < **
Jul 31, 2009 3:31 AM

Nov 2008
Darker Tham Black OVA - 8/10

Not bad ... and funny .

Jul 31, 2009 10:10 AM

Dec 2008
Fate/Stay Night - 7/10
Excellent animation, solid soundtrack, good characters (save for Shirou, who I wanted to beat over the head a few times during the series), but overall, a not-so-interesting plot. Supposedly, the VN provided a lot more background, thus making it all the more interesting, but I haven't read it. Pacing was bad, too. I was thoroughly bored for the first 5 or so episodes, and even the climax was underwhelming since it ended up being a lot of talking that should have been done before (instead of during) the final battle, but there were a few episodes that made me consider bumping up my rating to an 8. Looking at the series overall, though, I decided to stick with a 7 - decent, but nothing stellar.
Jul 31, 2009 10:49 AM

Feb 2008
Kara no Kyoukai 6 - 10/10

fucking great.
Jul 31, 2009 11:41 AM

Apr 2007
Itazura na Kiss 7/10

Nice rom/com, decent sory. But nothing really stands out.
Jul 31, 2009 12:58 PM

Sep 2008
Outlaw Star Remastered 9/10: Still a fantastic series. The only thing I noticed that kinda annoyed me was that they never explain how Gene and Jim met.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jul 31, 2009 4:45 PM

Feb 2008
Munto [the movies & tv ep.] - 8/10

Kingdom of Magic is in deep crisis. The lack of Akuto [mystical energy] has led to the war. To save his Kingdom, King Munto goes to Earth to find "the Girl of Destiny" because only she can restore circulation Akuto between worlds.

Munto's story is based on an interesting concept. it's 'telling' about two virtually different stories. War in the world of magic and heroic attempts made by the ordinary peoples. Although they appear to be completely detached from each other, their bound into a single coherent vision. You have to admit that the experiment is interesting.

The plan combines the feature of aesthetic lines and a completely smooth animation. Although - especially in recent years - anime have been able to adapt us to perfect graphics and music, but even against all this, the implementation of Munto seems very nice.

Unfortunately, however, both form and content of the series lose its importance in the face of a serious error, made by a creator. Munto tells two dramatic stories, but none of them has been treated properly in my view. Of course we can see the destruction of a beautiful land by explosions practically at the start of the anime and later we can follows the battles and heroic actions of the leading heroes. There was no time, however, to answer some important questions. Who is fighting whom, and in the name of what? Why the two heroes decided against everything goes with so dangerous idea? Who and what do they want to prove that way? Who are the enemies attacking the Kingdom, and what about it's counsel?...

The anime [movies to be more specific], Munto is quite good, whose only sin is a terrible anonymity of the world, making it sometimes very difficult to understand. If it were not for this one - unfortunately, very important - defect, it would be much better show.

Ps.: sorry for my, far from good, english.
Jul 31, 2009 10:06 PM
Jul 2009
the last anime i watch is code geass and code geass r2 , it is really good!!!!
when lelouch fight the britania empire he never loose because of his power geass and because he is a good thinker!!!!

watch it!!!!!!!!!! =)
Jul 31, 2009 11:49 PM
Mar 2009
Ghost Hound

First 8 episodes = Slow and boring for the most part.
Next 9 episodes= better
Last 5 episodes= pretty good

Reminds me of a much slower paced single-scenario Higurashi without all the murder.
7/10
Aug 1, 2009 1:57 AM

Apr 2009
Bakemonotogari 3/10

Anime not meant to be watched by people like me who like GREAT PLOT and GREAT CHARACTERS. Which this anime seriously lacks, dropped.

Also, I do not get how it got a high rating at MAL o_0 Must be just me.
Aug 1, 2009 7:56 AM

May 2009
Devil May Cry

It's alright, game's better.
if you've got nothing to do, you may aswel give it a looksy..

.[We Are The Ocean]. - "Nothing Good Has Happened Yet"
Aug 1, 2009 7:59 AM
Jul 2018
Hayate no Gotoku

This series really gave me a laugh everytime I watch.
Not forgetting the fact that one of the reasons would be due to the cut-ins of various scenes from various animes.

Well, it was really entertaining to watch all the other animes' 'special appearances' in the anime XD

At least it is a series that help release some of my tension.
Looking forward for the 2nd season.
I am sure it will be as good as the 1st one, or maybe better =3
Aug 1, 2009 2:19 PM

Jun 2007
Jyu-Oh-Sei: 6.5-7/10

A pair of twins have their parents murdered and get sent to a savage planet where plants kill people and women rule over men. If nothing else, the series has an interesting premise.

The story rushed when it should've slowed down. Too much time was spent on unimportant characters, the Karim(n?) character being totally needless and yet still managing to take up a significant amount of episodes. The ending was horrible, jumping from sudden genetics talk in episode 10 to a fight against the A.I. of a secruity system in episode 11. I ended up not caring at all becase of the way the story kept jumping around. There was even a trademark anime dream conversation near the end.

If the series had been a 26 episode one, with slower progress early on and lots more character development, it might've been very good. But the series was ultimately ruined by characters doing things like sacrificing themselves for others without any reason. One minute Thor, the main character, wanted to kill a character...and then they became buddies and tried to help each other. It was a complete mess in terms of characterization.

It looks nice (though not as good as I had expected), is short, enjoyable to watch and only cost me £10. Aside from it being better than Manga's other cheapo complete series, Black Blood Brothers, there's not a lot else good to say about it.

Suzuka: 7.5-8/10

A story about a plain guy wanting to get hot under the covers with a sporty chick. You already know how the plot goes, you say? You think they end up together after the plain lead spends most of the series chasing after her and getting into sports because of her? Well, you're right - that's exactly how the series plays out. There's a pause in the middle where Yamato, the male lead, goes out with a member of his harem, but it's straight-forward apart from that.

It started slow, introducing the lead and showing where he lives, and then moved into the land of predictability. Other hot school girls came into the picture but it was destined to end in the most obvious way. But, to be fair, what sort of harem doesn't end with the lead male getting it on with the girl the series is titled after? And Suzuka is a very enjoyable series to sit through, despite its flaws. It's hard to dislike the series, providing you're into romance and don't drop it before the sports stuff comes into the picture. My rating went from 7/10 to 8/10 as I progressed.

The series was well-made, with the pacing slow enough to make me care about the cast and the romance/sports angles blended fairly well. If I ignore the predictable and largely unoriginal story, then the only negative is Suzuka. She's a bitch. Yamato, the lead, is always nice to her, yet she always puts him down for no reason or quickly switches from being friendly to being nasty for no good reason. The only reason given for her actions is that her old crush died, but that's no excuse when other characters in existence have had their husbands die and still been friendly.
AironicallyHumanAug 1, 2009 2:27 PM
Aug 2, 2009 3:23 PM

May 2008
Dragon Ball Movie 3 - Really fun stuff, as expected. Maybe I'm the only one, but I personally love early Dragon Ball while only finding later Dragon Ball and DBZ stuff decent at best most of the time. Although Kai has done an excellent job of making DBZ watchable. Still, that early sense of adventure in Dragon Ball is something that almost no other anime has been able to capture. One Piece is about the only thing that I can think of that has, which is why I love the manga of that. I'm really hoping that, what with releasing the 2nd and 3rd DB movies, ARM is going to release Path to Power as well since I remember seeing that as a little kid and liking it a ton. If not I'm sure I can dig it up from somewhere.
Aug 2, 2009 4:59 PM

Jun 2009
Maria-sama Ga Miteru

It may not be for everyone and can be more than a little melodramatic at times, but fans of character development would do well to watch this show.

What starts out as an accident, becomes one of the most beautiful relationships i've seen in anime. I don't mean, just one but about three different friendships between "sisters" is analyzed.

One of my personal favorite characters would have to be Rosa Gigantea, Sei. Mischievious, with just a hint of sadness, she and the other characters in the show are very well realized.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 2, 2009 5:43 PM

Oct 2007
Dragon Ball Z Movie 02: The World's Strongest - 6/10

Typical entry in the DB franchise. Fun watch, as they all are. I like these older movies more than the newer ones, definitely.

Aug 3, 2009 1:15 PM

May 2009
Aquarian Age; (13 episodes)
was good, different..
should have lasted longer.
6/10

.[We Are The Ocean]. - "Nothing Good Has Happened Yet"
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Troll the audience episodes

TheBlockernator - 2 hours ago

7 by Biru-Biru »»
9 minutes ago

» What do anime fans want from the medium?

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

24 by LenRea »»
10 minutes ago

» What if you were Himmel?

SgtBateMan - 11 hours ago

6 by rohan121 »»
12 minutes ago

» Why won't you finish that anime you liked but left unfinished?

perseii - Yesterday

23 by _AsHin_ »»
16 minutes ago

» Animes you wish had dubs?

Mattenan - Yesterday

29 by Saputrai »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.