Forum Settings
Forums

People who fall in love with anime characters...

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 31, 2015 1:55 PM

Aug 2013
TheConquerer said:
So I guess due to me having nothing to do than browse Mal and snoop through a few profiles I notice alot of people have their waifu listed there as well as stuff like 'their top 10 anime females' or some shit.
Here's the thing though, I don't mind if people find anime guys/ girls hot or not or if they fap to them but physically falling in love with a cartoon character seems a bit off, anyway..

I don't think having their top 10 anime females/males means they're physically falling in love with them o:
I have them just because I simply like the character.

If people fall in love with them though, so be it.
Jul 31, 2015 2:10 PM

Dec 2014
weeaboo__trash said:
i dont get it, but if it doesnt hurt anyone i dont care if you do it
+99.
Is this where you live?

Jul 31, 2015 2:38 PM

Jan 2015
themonsterinyou said:
Eh. Whatever floats their boat I guess.
^^ It's the internet, people do what they want. Nothing wrong with that.
Jul 31, 2015 2:53 PM

Jan 2015
Milennin said:
I doubt a lot of people, even if they do have a waifu list, are physically in love with those characters... Sure, there are exceptions, but that goes for everything.
Jul 31, 2015 3:01 PM

Mar 2014
Doesn't hurt me if they do. So I don't think it's a big deal.
Jul 31, 2015 3:05 PM
Nov 2013
Me and Momo share a love no one can understand. Our hearts are connected. Together as one.
Jul 31, 2015 3:10 PM

Jul 2014
your waifu will never love you back
Aug 2, 2015 1:40 AM

Jun 2008
TheConquerer said:
Monad said:

Physically falling in-love? What is this "physically" exactly. Please explain.

Thats just a figure of speech, I dont think the question changes.

Actually it does. You said is fine if they find them attractive and fap to them etc but then you put this Physically falling in-love as something different.,
In both cases they liked an anime girl. Someone found an anime girl hot and cool and can fap thinking her. What exactly makes him different that this "physically falling in-love" guy?
Aug 2, 2015 1:45 AM

Oct 2012
I don't think they're really in love with them. It's more like lust.

Anime characters have human-like appearances, traits, and personalities. It's natural that people might find certain characters hot and get off to them.
Aug 2, 2015 2:16 PM

Dec 2014
MCsq2 said:
I don't think they're really in love with them. It's more like lust.

Anime characters have human-like appearances, traits, and personalities. It's natural that people might find certain characters hot and get off to them.

I think so, too :D It's not like being in love with an object because they have their "own" human voices, expressions, habits, hobbies and most characters are made to be likeable. So I don't think that it's a surprise if one becomes "attracted" to an anime or manga character.

I was sometimes, too, "in love" with some of them, but it never was love. I have an anime/manga/light novel crush right now, so I wish him not to be lonely anymore and find a person for himself who can really love him finally. But I still don't think the girl the fans want to pair him up with would be a good choice :'D
So I love his voice actor's voice, I love his characteristics but I don't feel ANYTHING sexually when it comes to him. Because he's not a living 3D creature :D
Aug 2, 2015 2:17 PM
Feb 2014
Nothing wrong with that, don't be obnoxious about it though.
Aug 2, 2015 2:42 PM

May 2014
I don't care. What does falling in love with a 2D fictional character have to do with making a list of your top characters though?

I'll be out ridin' my pony until it's time for candy
And I'll be naked, because I want to

Aug 2, 2015 2:44 PM

Aug 2015
I pity anyone who has a waifu
Aug 2, 2015 2:50 PM

Dec 2011
I think there are fewer people who are seriously 'in love' with a character, rather they could just have crushes and they don't the difference because they lack experience with love.
Aug 2, 2015 3:18 PM

Apr 2011
Had a crush om taylor momsen in gossip girl, also had a crush on Link from the legend og zelda many years ago, both are fictional characters, many people are in love with actors etc, i dont see the difference between having a crush on anime characters and actors.
But i dont know how people can fall in love in them, if it's not hurting others, go ahead.
Bad english writing, and the iPad trying to autocorrect everething i write into Norwegian.
Humans, eh? Think they're lords of creation. Not like us cats. We *know* we are. Ever see a cat feed a human? Case proven
Aug 2, 2015 3:18 PM

Jun 2013
TheConquerer said:
sehuns said:
This is the question of the millennium, isn't it?
I figure if it makes you happy and isn't hurting yourself or anyone around you, why not?

Because it could have a negative impact on his lifestyle, 'why not's' don't help discussions.

Look, we have the tech--or are on the verge of the tech--to make such relationships feasible as a way to quell sexual frustrations in upper end workers with poor love lives, so it seems fine.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Aug 2, 2015 4:43 PM
Jul 2018
Bitch please, I fall in love with video game characters like real nerds.

Hell, even her noise form is great.

And there's nothing wrong with crushing on cartune characters. Characters can sometimes look so cute and have such fleshed out characters personality wise that its almost like knowing a real person.
As long as you know that you and your waifu can never truly be, its okay.
Yeah...Its okay...
removed-userAug 2, 2015 4:47 PM
Aug 2, 2015 9:01 PM

Jun 2015
It's pretty much like falling in love with your imaginary friend, except that those people don't bother taking the pains enough to create a character of their own.

It's strange, but not really [i]off.
-_-
Aug 3, 2015 12:20 AM
Dec 2014
Ghostwalk3r said:
I pity anyone who has a waifu

You're right, who in their right mind would want a waifu when superior husbandos exist?
Aug 3, 2015 12:41 AM

May 2014
Pratishka said:
What about guys who got sick and tired from real girls?

Depends if they've ever been in a relationship
I've been here way too long...
Aug 3, 2015 12:58 AM

Jun 2015
If you have those oversized huggable pillows with your waifu printed on them...

... That's a problem.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2015 1:00 AM
Dec 2014
oreology said:
If you have those oversized huggable pillows with your waifu printed on them...

... That's a problem.

Why is it a problem?
Aug 3, 2015 1:04 AM

Jun 2015
glassthroat said:

Why is it a problem?

Cuddling your pillows are normal. But cuddling anime pillows while fantasizing about your dream anime guy/girl seems off and strange, to me at least.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2015 1:11 AM
Aug 2015
It seems kinda off for me. There's a line I wouldn't cross.
Aug 3, 2015 1:18 AM

May 2014
Pratishka said:
TheConquerer said:

Depends if they've ever been in a relationship

That's what I meant, I had 3 girlfriends and last one lasted for 2 years and a half, I must say I'm doing better without it tbh.

Sure, if it makes you feel better. Not everyones gonna have done that though.
Aug 3, 2015 1:22 AM

Jul 2013
crashinho said:
Last time I checked your mom isn't a cartoon character.

Damn, you anticipated me.

Well OP, since you are so judgemental and all, I'd like to ask:

What is love?
Aug 3, 2015 1:23 AM
Aug 2014
TheConquerer said:

Real relationships costs money and patience, people change and if you don't be prepared for it you will get fucked up real good, maybe I was just unlucky with it, but oh well, at least in my experience I can confirm that 2D > 3D.
Aug 3, 2015 1:29 AM

Jul 2012
Well for one thing most of them don't age and honestly they don't have anything in common with sword wielding maidens but I don't care less kids better for the population problem.
Aug 3, 2015 1:30 AM
Jul 2015
Since I dislike harems, I never had a "top 10 waifu" list. I did have however some characters that I was really fond of.

Considering how female anime characters are made, I don't think it is that weird to fall in love with one. I mean female characters are made to be better than real life girls in every way:
- they have a gorgeous body
- they wear sexy outfits
- they have "unique" personalities (not unique comparing with other anime characters but unique when comparing with real life girls)
- they are "moe".
- the fact that usually anime girls practically throw themselves at the boy make them even more desirable.
- some anime girls are actually made to specifically satisfy a certain fantasy of males (the extremely perverted girls for example)

I had never been in love with a real life girl nor with an anime girl.
However, I hold anime girls in higher regards than real life girls.
Aug 3, 2015 1:32 AM

Feb 2012
I have Tomino listed, but that doesn't mean I am physically in love with him. It's just a feature to showcase preference. If someone wants to make more of it in their profile description or something, then good for them.
Aug 3, 2015 2:09 AM

Oct 2009
You can't fall in love with an anime character. People fall in love with the idea surrounding the character.

Aug 3, 2015 2:11 AM

Dec 2014
It will be possible for the love to be true when I perform a frankenstein-type experiment and make her living.

OUR LOVE SHALL BE TRUE.
]
Aug 3, 2015 9:49 AM

May 2014
Pratishka said:
TheConquerer said:

Real relationships costs money and patience, people change and if you don't be prepared for it you will get fucked up real good, maybe I was just unlucky with it, but oh well, at least in my experience I can confirm that 2D > 3D.

Maybe one of the effects of being human is that we will never have perfect relationships, but to hide yourself away from the pain it brings seems a bit wrong.
Aug 3, 2015 11:52 AM
Apr 2015
I've felt like I've really admired a certain character and wanted their personality traits and wanted to be just like them like araragi from the monogatari series or hachiman from yahari but never actually fell in love with a character but it's okay just like how people think watching anime is weird but to you it's perfectly fine
Aug 3, 2015 6:00 PM

Jul 2012
There's nothing wrong with it. It's just like having a celebrity crush that you know you'll never have but just still can't help being infatuated with him/her.
Aug 3, 2015 6:17 PM

Dec 2012
I really like characters, but I know they're fictional and whatnot.

In every fandom there are extremes, its not limited to anime.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Aug 4, 2015 7:43 AM

May 2014
Caticia1 said:
There's nothing wrong with it. It's just like having a celebrity crush that you know you'll never have but just still can't help being infatuated with him/her.

No thats pretty messed up if you can't stop obsessing over them
Aug 4, 2015 7:52 AM
May 2015
I think it's pretty common for people to fall in love with anime characters, or any fictional characters for that matter. Some are written to be that way purposely, the writer wants you to get emotionally attached to his/her work, and if you fall for a character it is the ultimate compliment to the writer (and artist if it's anime/manga).
Aug 8, 2015 3:11 AM

Aug 2013
Here's what I think: we tend to look down on what we don't understand. Instead of accepting the possibility that we lack understanding of some sort, we assume there is something wrong with the matter at hand.

This includes accepting that something "is ok because no one gets hurt" while at the back of your mind you can't help but feel that there is something a bit weird about it.

I have a personal experience with the topic; I used to find waifus really sad and pathetic in a way. Then one day I was watching anime and started getting the doki dokis every time I saw a certain character. This potential waifu romance didn't blossom as I wasn't ready to pursue something like that, but since then I've seen it as a choice - a different route - rather than something that makes me facepalm internally.
Aug 8, 2015 3:16 AM
Dec 2012
TheConquerer said:
sehuns said:
This is the question of the millennium, isn't it?
I figure if it makes you happy and isn't hurting yourself or anyone around you, why not?

Because it could have a negative impact on his lifestyle, 'why not's' don't help discussions.

They DID mention not hurting themselves, as in, they love a cartoon yet still manage to hold meaningful friendships with others and are a well functioning member of society. I mean, it's a concept that people of today aren't ready for, sure, but I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with it. I'm sure it'll be accepted in due time, anyway. Or at least, people will just kinda get used to it.
Join the "I like changing names in IRC" club! Especially if you like changing names in IRC! It's really neat!
Dare to be someone different, many, many times! Dare to dream!
Aug 8, 2015 4:18 AM

May 2014
Plants said:
TheConquerer said:

They DID mention not hurting themselves, as in, they love a cartoon yet still manage to hold meaningful friendships with others and are a well functioning member of society. I mean, it's a concept that people of today aren't ready for, sure, but I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with it. I'm sure it'll be accepted in due time, anyway. Or at least, people will just kinda get used to it.

Thats true, forgot about that, still though we could literally use that kind of argument for anything and see if its true. Point in case any system of belief will have fanatics and deluded people depending on what those beliefs are.
Aug 8, 2015 4:37 AM

Jul 2014
What about it, there are people who adore jesus christ and the magical sky daddy and go so far as to kill people to prove it.
People have always been crazy, at least I have never seen someone kill someone else for insulting their chinese cartoon waifu.
So let them be they are harmless.

Go after religion if you must.
Aug 8, 2015 4:44 AM

Oct 2007
This is literally just a "why do people like something that I don't like?" thread. OP, just leave these people in peace, it's none of your business who/what they love as long as it doesn't negatively affect your day to day life.
Aug 8, 2015 4:58 AM

Oct 2009
This issue is actually would become more widespread in the future when we put life-like humanoid robots as our caretaker and maid/butler. It seems to be a laughable point in today's world because we haven't see how our society would looks like and how it would changed.

I'll just refer to some behavior experiment in few decades ago by Harry Harlow, the nature of love.

The controversial experiment was done to newborn monkeys that is taken from their mother at early stage to measure their attachment to a figure between a model that is more representing 'a monkey' (blanket) and a model that only has frames. The study uses food as bait that is placed on either model. To no surprise the child monkey always spend most time hugs to the blanket model, even if it does not gives any foods like the wire model. Attachment on the baby monkey was built upon the need of mental security (warmth) more than physical security (food), and it was only strengthened by time.

Going back to our primary discussion of loving 2D characters, I think it is quite self-explanatory. Even though it appears superficial, the affection towards them is genuine. It's just a different kind of love.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Aug 8, 2015 5:07 AM

Jan 2015
Yes coz it controls overpopulation
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Aug 8, 2015 6:02 AM

May 2014
Kuromii said:
This is literally just a "why do people like something that I don't like?" thread. OP, just leave these people in peace, it's none of your business who/what they love as long as it doesn't negatively affect your day to day life.

Thats a pretty poor point, people get in arms over plenty of things that dont affect their lives because were an empethetic species. Just look at what happened to Cecil the Tiger.
The reason I make this point is not to stop people from choosing what they love but to discuss whether loving an icon so to speak rather than an existing conscious being would create a fear of others and make them ostrasize themselves from others through an undevelopment of social and emotional understanding.

But I guess you didn't want to acknowledge that.
Dec 6, 2016 1:43 PM
Nov 2016
I have crushes on anime characters because they are cute. There's nothing wrong with that it's ok to like anime characters.
Jan 7, 2017 8:01 PM
May 2016
I'm not gonna lie but in truth I have fallen in love with a anime character her name is IKAROS from heavens lost property I know many people may criticize me for this in which they do but I don't care because I love her and I don't want people to change that just because they want me to love a real girl so to me I don't think it's weird
Jan 7, 2017 8:05 PM

Apr 2011
It's out of the ordinary, for sure. But other than that, I don't care what or who people love.

Shiroe3921 said:
I'm not gonna lie but in truth I have fallen in love with a anime character her name is IKAROS from heavens lost property I know many people may criticize me for this in which they do but I don't care because I love her and I don't want people to change that just because they want me to love a real girl so to me I don't think it's weird
Would you love her if she didn't have huge tits and didn't act like a sex slave?
Jan 7, 2017 8:14 PM

Aug 2013
Well there is a woman who literally fell in love with the Eiffel tower and married it and another woman in love with a bridge so anything is possible now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2074301/Woman-with-objects-fetish-marries-Eiffel-Tower.html

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do you go to anime conventions?

spaceslut - Mar 11, 2022

18 by dreamingneon »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime convention stories

PAPOrr - Apr 19, 2023

15 by dreamingneon »»
13 minutes ago

» Favorite evil laugh in fiction

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

10 by dreamingneon »»
22 minutes ago

» The growing link between extreme rain and respiratory health in Japan

Meusnier - Today

9 by Kwanthemaster »»
23 minutes ago

» factory selling multifunctional galvanized color spray paint angle steel

johonson03891 - 3 hours ago

2 by Kwanthemaster »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.