Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 7, 2015 3:19 AM
Apr 2015
Strangely i liked the change, there is something satisfying of not capable of pridicting what's going on unlike what it would have if it followed the novel.

And even if it sucked, at least we got a kiss out of it. Unlike a certain "unlimited boring works" that didn't have the balls to do it.
Jun 7, 2015 4:08 AM
Jun 2015
Didn't Loki learn the first time when Issei kicked his ass? Now Issei and Voli might be teaming up against him? Seeya. I just want them to save Rias.
Jun 7, 2015 4:45 AM

Mar 2015
Boring and uninteresting. Rias will be saved by Issei's bilingual or something in the end, i suppose.
Jun 7, 2015 5:14 AM
Jun 2015
I loved everything about it. You all are freaking out even though Rias isn't even controlling herself. It's not like she actually thought that he was the real Isse... I can't wait for him to get her back though because it was brutal to see her taken away from Isse! It hurt my heart
Jun 7, 2015 5:40 AM

Mar 2015
Shadow_Cryptid said:
I loved everything about it. You all are freaking out even though Rias isn't even controlling herself. It's not like she actually thought that he was the real Isse... I can't wait for him to get her back though because it was brutal to see her taken away from Isse! It hurt my heart

I think, people freaking out because of anime-only content.( including myself) I wanted some epic fight with Loki and rating game Occult club VS Sona, not some soap drama.( it been in novel later and have been more impressive. Some moment already have been in third season.)
Jun 7, 2015 5:42 AM

Apr 2008
Tlahuizcapante said:
Shadow_Cryptid said:

I think, people freaking out because of anime-only content.( including myself) I wanted some epic fight with Loki and rating game Occult club VS Sona, not some soap drama.( it been in novel later and have been more impressive. Some moment already have been in third season.)

Up until Juggernaut drive I was in the camp that defended the adaptation however with this episode I find I really can't defend it anymore. The fact that they made Issei voice that fear that he only realizes much later down the line is very worrisome to say the least =_=
Jun 7, 2015 5:51 AM
May 2015
I still liked this episode. I think the way they are showing it now is a better way of staging Ise's Raynare problem. I feel that once Loki is defeated, he won't be as insecure about girls as he was before. In the novel, they don't really show the influence of the trauma that much or that well.
azeem40Jun 7, 2015 5:58 AM
Jun 7, 2015 5:54 AM

Mar 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Tlahuizcapante said:

Up until Juggernaut drive I was in the camp that defended the adaptation however with this episode I find I really can't defend it anymore. The fact that they made Issei voice that fear that he only realizes much later down the line is very worrisome to say the least =_=

Jun 7, 2015 5:56 AM

Apr 2008
azeem40 said:
I still liked this episode. I find that they explained Ise's pain with Raynare pretty well, and I feel that once Loki is defeated, he won't be so insecure about girls anymore.

And that's the problem. That insecurity is meant to be cured and resolved LATER down the line. NOT NOW.
Jun 7, 2015 6:00 AM
May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
azeem40 said:
I still liked this episode. I find that they explained Ise's pain with Raynare pretty well, and I feel that once Loki is defeated, he won't be so insecure about girls anymore.

And that's the problem. That insecurity is meant to be cured and resolved LATER down the line. NOT NOW.

I edited my comment by the way. I somewhat agree but also disagree. They need to set some basis for his Raynare problem. It wasn't really a big part of the LN (at least, it wasn't shown that way), until season 10, and I feel that this gradual change they are showing in the anime will set the background quite well.
Jun 7, 2015 6:05 AM
May 2015
Also, I found it weird that he tells them of his problems and they "heal" it ljust ike that. They didn't even address her influence on him until that volume.
Jun 7, 2015 6:41 AM

Apr 2008
azeem40 said:
Darklight0303 said:

I edited my comment by the way. I somewhat agree but also disagree. They need to set some basis for his Raynare problem. It wasn't really a big part of the LN (at least, it wasn't shown that way), until season 10, and I feel that this gradual change they are showing in the anime will set the background quite well.

There's a difference between showing it and RESOLVING IT VOLUMES AHEAD OF TIME. That's the biggest problem. It was something he wasn't even consciously aware of until

It was much more poignant in the novel and right now that's in jeopardy with this episode. It's bad.
Jun 7, 2015 7:04 AM

Jun 2014
scumbag loki
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2015 7:06 AM

Jan 2014
lol, another NTR episode... fuck!! now it's Rias's turn... god I hate this shit..
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 7, 2015 7:10 AM
Jun 2015
Well, all this NTR thing can be played in 2 directions:

1- Ise get his shit together and breaks the curse by confessing his love/fear to rias/everyone. This case will break all the continuity for the vol. 10 of the LN.

2- The ORC+company breaks the curse by force or by something else not related to Ise directly (e.g. Akeno taunts Rias with taking Ise away, Ophis takes the curse away, a giant ramen cup falls from the sky and crushes the clon, etc). This case will Increase Ise's Fear to an incredible point that it will be a great cliffhanger and will be perfect to start the first arc of the next season (assuming there is another)... Because just imagine: Ise getting really Frightened by touching women or by being touched by them would be an awesome plot twist (although this is impossible).

Anyway, that was my imagination floating free.

Now lets get a little grip.

I think Ise will use the JD again to save her because, the clon was made with a fragment of Ise's armor and is powered by Loki, that means is likely to be able to use the scaile mail to some extent, so if we put vali and loki fighting and all the other members taking care of loki's pets we have left the fake+(?)Rias(?) vs Ise, and since nobody knows about the price for using the JD besides of azazel and Ise, he can use it recklessly and by some kind of Vali's warning all the ORC will snap from the battle including Rias, Leading to a steady post-battle situation that can be used to either finish the anime version (i.e last season) or to start a new one with koneko and Asia healing Ise and taking the LN route again.

PS. all of this is about the actual original history, the only parts that i mention the LN is for next seasons, so don't come and yell at me for posting something not included in the LN.
Jun 7, 2015 7:13 AM

Oct 2014
The kiss is real, guessing that Rias feels pretty down becuse of that. She want's Issei for her self ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2015 7:16 AM

Jan 2014
moyppc said:

1- Ise get his shit together and breaks the curse by confessing his love/fear to rias/everyone. This case will break all the continuity for the vol. 10 of the LN.

2- The ORC+company breaks the curse by force or by something else not related to Ise directly (e.g. Akeno taunts Rias with taking Ise away, Ophis takes the curse away, a giant ramen cup falls from the sky and crushes the clon, etc). This case will Increase Ise's Fear to an incredible point that it will be a great cliffhanger and will be perfect to start the first arc of the next season (assuming there is another)... Because just imagine: Ise getting really Frightened by touching women or by being touched by them would be an awesome plot twist (although this is impossible).

I think Ise will use the JD again to save her because, the clon was made with a fragment of Ise's armor and is powered by Loki, that means is likely to be able to use the scaile mail to some extent, so if we put vali and loki fighting and all the other members taking care of loki's pets we have left the fake+(?)Rias(?) vs Ise, and since nobody knows about the price for using the JD besides of azazel and Ise, he can use it recklessly and by some kind of Vali's warning all the ORC will snap from the battle including Rias, Leading to a steady post-battle situation that can be used to either finish the anime version (i.e last season) or to start a new one with koneko and Asia healing Ise and taking the LN route again.

PS. all of this is about the actual original history, the only parts that i mention the LN is for next seasons, so don't come and yell at me for posting something not included in the LN.

cool...I don't mind , thanks for sharing it :))
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 7, 2015 7:16 AM

Apr 2008
moyppc said:

Option two would be the best case scenario so here's hoping
Jun 7, 2015 7:32 AM

Sep 2014
Yeah...didn't really like this episode. Asia kissing Issei was cool. But that's it. Netorare? Meh.
Jun 7, 2015 7:33 AM

Nov 2014
Like my friend said, there are too many kidnaps in this series.

And friends... For gods sake, please, first read the "NTR" description properly , rather that write such things
kseon12Jun 7, 2015 7:38 AM
Jun 7, 2015 7:50 AM
Jun 2015
kseon12 said:
And friends... For gods sake, please, first read the "NTR" description properly , rather that write such things

It's not like we dont know the real meaning of netorare, but is easier to use a word that can explain broadly the situation we are discussing and almost everyone who comes here to look at others posts will immediately relate the parts we are talking about. And yes there are too many kidnaps
Jun 7, 2015 8:39 AM

Apr 2011
I guess Rias felt jealous when Asia and Issei kissed?
Jun 7, 2015 8:40 AM

Apr 2014
Harrymanhunter said:
Yeah...didn't really like this episode. Asia kissing Issei was cool. But that's it. Netorare? Meh.
lmfao this is soo fucking hypocrtical

if its asia and issei its not ntr but if its rias everyone loses their shit
Jun 7, 2015 8:42 AM

Jan 2015
ElectricRed said:
Okay, i read the LN.. Now, it was actually pretty nice, I was going by the knowledge that the anime offered (didn't go by the LN) and you sort of understand it. However, this episode just prove to be ridiculous... I mean in the LN, there was no cheating or anything freaking like that!! It relied purely on character development in a significant margin and therefore, we have Issei x Rias as the main couple then it is harem... While in this one, the thought of Rias losing her "virginity" to Evil Issei clone is unsettling. Now, I understand the author is working closely with the animation studio, but that thought haunts me you know... If you guys read a novel or watched it, and it is called Blacksmith something... (The original work included the Main Heroine being NTR'd by the Antagonist) as well as School Days~ you know which part... Anyways, the point that I am trying to get across is that the DxD LN did not have NTR nor near NTR situations unlike to this situation, and I for one do not enjoy it.... I am just watching it, because I am supporting the author to finish his DxD series since part of the profit the studio makes goes to the author, I believe

they were alone in a room together for 5 minutes with all of their clothes on...sex wasn't even remotely implied...

also, all the people calling this cheating are hilarious; she saw 2 isseis in front of her and didn't bat an eye, so she's clearly not lucid at this point...if someone roofies your ass, you're not cheating
IceTaKuJun 7, 2015 8:47 AM
Jun 7, 2015 8:47 AM
Jul 2009
Dropped since the end of Akeno arc, planning to continue only when Juggies happen.
So guys has it happened?
Jun 7, 2015 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
Moodie said:
Harrymanhunter said:
lmfao this is soo fucking hypocrtical

if its asia and issei its not ntr but if its rias everyone loses their shit

NTR implies rape. If there's no rape, than it's not NTR. And the clone didn't even kiss her. People take this series way too seriously. And I'm a huge DxD fanboy.
Jun 7, 2015 8:53 AM

Apr 2008
olaolakaka said:
Dropped since the end of Akeno arc, planning to continue only when Juggies happen.
So guys has it happened?

Yes juggernaut happened last episode
Jun 7, 2015 8:56 AM

Dec 2013
I love how Asia's cloths gets ripped while she was healing Issei XD her healing powers are too stronk!

And their kiss, I bet Rias is kinda jealous, but happy she managed to save him! Tho I wasn't expecting she would get this "drunk", I mean... there were clearly 2 Isseis and she didn't even bat an eye, wtf? xD

Things are about to go down, the ending of the season is near!
TemphJun 7, 2015 9:02 AM
Jun 7, 2015 9:34 AM
May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
azeem40 said:

There's a difference between showing it and RESOLVING IT VOLUMES AHEAD OF TIME. That's the biggest problem. It was something he wasn't even consciously aware of until

It was much more poignant in the novel and right now that's in jeopardy with this episode. It's bad.

I'll just have to disagree with you. It doesn't matter when the LN had it resolved. This way makes more sense than it just magically getting healed by talking to the girls and them healing it.
Jun 7, 2015 9:37 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty crap episode. Now that it's all anime original I doubt this is going to get any better.
Jun 7, 2015 9:38 AM

Apr 2008
azeem40 said:
Darklight0303 said:

I'll just have to disagree with you. It doesn't matter when the LN had it resolved. This way makes more sense than it just magically getting healed by talking to the girls and them healing it.

This way makes more sense? Stop smoking the shrooms.
Jun 7, 2015 9:38 AM

Apr 2014
-Dizzy- said:
Pretty crap episode. Now that it's all anime original I doubt this is going to get any better.
the creator didnt like how the ln was so he wanted to change it for the anime

idk why ppl are thinking this is something that the creator put no input to
Jun 7, 2015 9:52 AM
May 2015
Temph said:
I love how Asia's cloths gets ripped while she was healing Issei XD her healing powers are too stronk!

And their kiss, I bet Rias is kinda jealous, but happy she managed to save him! Tho I wasn't expecting she would get this "drunk", I mean... there were clearly 2 Isseis and she didn't even bat an eye, wtf? xD

Things are about to go down, the ending of the season is near!

I think what happened with that duplicate Ise did something to her mind.
Jun 7, 2015 9:54 AM
May 2015
Darklight0303 said:
azeem40 said:

This way makes more sense? Stop smoking the shrooms.
There wasn't any hints of anything before v9 except for a fraction of a paragraph in v4. Whenever Ise was in a steamy situation, he never ever had any thoughts that hinted at Reynare or anything. Just how much he loved being in such situations. Yeah, I don't see a point in talking about this with you any more. You sound like a LN purist and won't accept change.
azeem40Jun 7, 2015 9:57 AM
Jun 7, 2015 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
azeem40 said:
There wasn't any hints of anything before v9 except for a fraction of a paragraph in v4. Whenever Ise was in a steamy situation, he never ever had any thoughts that hinted at Reynare or anything. Just how much he loved being in such situations. Yeah, I don't see a point in talking about this with you any more. You sound like a LN purist and won't accept change.

... Did you just copy and paste one of my earlier comments? Because the first part is like, word by word, exactly like one of my earlier comments.

About that matter, as long as they don't solve the trauma in this season, I'm fine with it. Introducing it earlier is what I appreciate a lot, but solving it now would nullify v10 which was by far the best volume in the series.
Jun 7, 2015 10:10 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, getting NTRed... by yourself. That's harsh.
I don't know why, but I felt like I saw a similar DxD doujin...
cough cough

Well, on happier note, Asia kiss was cute. I laughed out loud when she was healing Issei and her dress teared up. Gotta place some boobs somewhere ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Issei probably unconsciously used Dress Break.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 7, 2015 10:15 AM

Apr 2008
AverageFanboy said:
azeem40 said:

... Did you just copy and paste one of my earlier comments? Because the first part is like, word by word, exactly like one of my earlier comments.

About that matter, as long as they don't solve the trauma in this season, I'm fine with it. Introducing it earlier is what I appreciate a lot, but solving it now would nullify v10 which was by far the best volume in the series.

Exactly that's the biggest problem. If they solve it now they destroy volume 10 which is unfucking forgivable.
Jun 7, 2015 10:29 AM

Jan 2015
Darklight0303 said:
AverageFanboy said:

Exactly that's the biggest problem. If they solve it now they destroy volume 10 which is unfucking forgivable.

but they haven't solved it...so save your bitching for when they actually do...you've been ranting about it like it's a foregone conclusion that it will be resolved in the next two episodes, but given the fact that issei's curse has been broken, there's no real reason that they need to resolve the underlying issue this season, and since rias' curse has a foothold and has taken center-stage, i don't see any reason why they would focus on issei's insecurity with only ~ 40 minutes left to cover everything else that needs to be covered
Jun 7, 2015 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
AverageFanboy said:

Now, now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Nothing indicates they're going to solve it yet, so let's stay calm okay?:D
Jun 7, 2015 11:01 AM

Oct 2011
Yeah, this episode was extremely horrible compared to the light novels, but if viewed as just an anime episode (without comparing it to the original, but to anime episodes in general), it wasn't that bad (except the Asia tension clothes burst moment)

Jun 7, 2015 11:22 AM

Apr 2014
Now to all those that keep on hating Asia and say that she is useless.
Without her, Issie would be in real trouble.
And that kiss haha in your face hater lol.
Asia may not be my favorite character, but she is not useless as some people think she is.
Now, I rest my case.
Jun 7, 2015 12:15 PM

Apr 2008
AverageFanboy said:
Darklight0303 said:

Now, now, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Nothing indicates they're going to solve it yet, so let's stay calm okay?:D

Expecting the worst tends to lead to less disappointment. Sadly I've rarely been wrong with that stance.
Jun 7, 2015 12:22 PM
Oct 2014
dammm issi so annoying not pay attension to riaz and now luki cuarse i hope that this problem with riaz issi thing will be solve befor the sesion end
and then happaly ever after

but right now im so pisst!!!
Nexix1Jun 7, 2015 12:41 PM
Jun 7, 2015 12:37 PM

Jul 2014
Fuck Rias! she is stupid enough to be jealous. Issei should just forget bout her and stick with Akeno
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jun 7, 2015 12:45 PM

Nov 2010
Fck NTR
Jun 7, 2015 1:19 PM
Apr 2015
needed more plot imho
Jun 7, 2015 1:24 PM
Sep 2014
Let me just tell you "Anti-LN-Purists" something:

This change isn't going to affect just us, it's probably going to make the anime series coming to an early end.

From now on, it's spoilers, read if you want:
Jun 7, 2015 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
MisterKaos said:
Let me just tell you "Anti-LN-Purists" something:

This change isn't going to affect just us, it's probably going to make the anime series coming to an early end.

From now on, it's spoilers, read if you want:

LN reader here.

Ishibumi said "that" will still appear. Just chill.

And even if it didn't, they only need to adapt up to v12 and it'll be a satisfying ending to the series.
Jun 7, 2015 2:03 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Everyone is kissing Issei this season huh lol....The truth behind Juggernaut Drive shocked me....That drawback is messed up

This fake Issei thing is funny....The drama is real xD
Jun 7, 2015 2:06 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
IceTaKu said:
ElectricRed said:
Okay, i read the LN.. Now, it was actually pretty nice, I was going by the knowledge that the anime offered (didn't go by the LN) and you sort of understand it. However, this episode just prove to be ridiculous... I mean in the LN, there was no cheating or anything freaking like that!! It relied purely on character development in a significant margin and therefore, we have Issei x Rias as the main couple then it is harem... While in this one, the thought of Rias losing her "virginity" to Evil Issei clone is unsettling. Now, I understand the author is working closely with the animation studio, but that thought haunts me you know... If you guys read a novel or watched it, and it is called Blacksmith something... (The original work included the Main Heroine being NTR'd by the Antagonist) as well as School Days~ you know which part... Anyways, the point that I am trying to get across is that the DxD LN did not have NTR nor near NTR situations unlike to this situation, and I for one do not enjoy it.... I am just watching it, because I am supporting the author to finish his DxD series since part of the profit the studio makes goes to the author, I believe

they were alone in a room together for 5 minutes with all of their clothes on...sex wasn't even remotely implied...

also, all the people calling this cheating are hilarious; she saw 2 isseis in front of her and didn't bat an eye, so she's clearly not lucid at this point...if someone roofies your ass, you're not cheating
Pretty much my thoughts after reading this thread....It's annoying enough having to see complaints like this in the FSN sub forum -_-
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

342 by III-D4rKY-III »»
May 8, 4:15 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2015

142 by RorySweeting »»
Apr 30, 1:55 AM

» Is Highschool DxD anti-religious?

Hotdogmaniac - Apr 5, 2015

39 by ANIMESOULSPIRIT »»
Apr 29, 1:49 PM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

144 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 11:00 AM

Poll: » High School DxD BorN Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2015

135 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 10, 9:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.