New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2015 2:38 PM

Oct 2014
Othi-tan said:
Shrimperor said:
2 Things i don't understand about F/SN Fans:
1- The Archer love. Why do people love this guy?
2- The Sakura hate. That one i understand even less then the Archer love.

Can someone explain this to me?

1.Troll,powerful,red cloak,Gar,and if not for Answer the Shirou that fully understand that his ideal sucks.
2.From what I understood after many wars?She isnt Rin.Oh and many ignore her char because "nothing happens" before she goes dak.

1. He is still a traitorous scum tough.
2. Nothing happens? Wut? Do they even best Route (HF)?
True, she is overshadowed by other characters, espicially best girl (Illya), but she wasn't bad as to be bashed constantly.....
Apr 10, 2015 2:40 PM

Sep 2013
Shrimperor said:

1. People love confident snarkers, who are strong. His abilities are cool, his story is kind of sad and interesting and he is actually a good guy and a hero. It's easy to like good guys. Listing and explaining why I like him would take me too much time.

2. Actually, I have nothing against her at all. I just can't stand some of the fanboys who defend her. Namely Mike. But I think people don't like her passiveness, conveniently ignoring the years she suffered. Then there are some who just don't like her, because she really only plays a relevant role in one route. Others think she didn't suffer any consequences for the terrible things she's done (even if not everything she did was under her control).

Some don't like how she became dark and "evil", how she corrupted several characters they like etc. Then again, there are those who like her, because in their opinion, her evil, yandere side is her true side (while they find the rest boring), which again makes others hate her. Some Zero anime-only people will also call her an ungrateful bitch after "everything Kariya went through solely for her" (that part always makes me laugh). I think there was even one case where one claimed she killed him by pushing and kicking him down the stairs into the worm pit.
CapsuleCoreApr 10, 2015 2:44 PM
Apr 10, 2015 2:43 PM

Sep 2014
Shrimperor said:

1- He's a badass and one of the coolest looking servants. To a certain extent, he could be seen as an even more tragic and darker version of Shirou, betrayed by the world and his own ideal.

2- Because she's a senpai machine and a lot of people can't stand that. Many of those who dislike Sakura probably think her VA makes her sound more annoying too.

On top of that, her regular self is clinging and needy, which probably wouldn't be a problem if (1) she wasn't a senpai machine, and (2) people didn't find her so bland and uninteresting. In other words, instead of being a cute, lovestruck girl, most people think she's annoying.

Last but not least, she becomes a full-blown yandere in her route. I mean, there are people who like this archetype, but it's probably one of the most polarizing ones. By that I mean, it probably has the most haters. So she goes from an annoying deredere to a crazy yandere bitch! :P
Apr 10, 2015 2:43 PM

Aug 2009
You just HAD to remind me that huh Core?

If anyone wants a reason why Sakura is a good character, they should ask CarenPriest.
Apr 10, 2015 2:45 PM

Aug 2009
Shrimperor said:
Othi-tan said:

1.Troll,powerful,red cloak,Gar,and if not for Answer the Shirou that fully understand that his ideal sucks.
2.From what I understood after many wars?She isnt Rin.Oh and many ignore her char because "nothing happens" before she goes dak.

1. He is still a traitorous scum tough.
He did it for Rin tho.
Apr 10, 2015 2:46 PM

Oct 2014
jmcm30 said:
Shrimperor said:

1-I understand that people dislike how he gets love just for being GAR and generically badass. But he's also actually a great character, and he's only a dick temporarily. He's a twisted version of Shirou that broke due to blindly following his ideals, but it's because of that that they both become better people. Shirou knows their limits, Archer understands they're not meaningless. After this, he goes back to being a good person right at the end, so despite all the shit he's done, you know why he got to that point, so I'd say it's fine to like him.

2-Don't get this either. Apparently, her romance with Shirou is forced or something. And having a horrible a past that leads to severe mental issues obviously means she's a bitch, lol (hoping that since it's this club, this doens't erupt into a Sakura war).

1-I can't like him after what he did to Rin (and all the other stuff ofc, him giving Rin to shinji was the last straw for me). I forgave him a little at the end, but he is still a traitorous asshole for me.

2- Forced? Shirou x Sakura? really? 1.5 years almost being family mean nothing? Protecting each other (in secret i know, and i was annoyed by that fact a little)? Shirou basically admitting he found Sakura more attractive each day and Sakura sending Signals feel forced?
Apr 10, 2015 2:48 PM

Oct 2014
Othi-tan said:
He did it for Rin tho.

By giving her to Shinji?
Apr 10, 2015 2:49 PM

Sep 2013
Shrimperor said:
Othi-tan said:
He did it for Rin tho.

By giving her to Shinji?
That action prolonged her life, when he smooth-talked Shinji into not harming her until Shirou died. Not that Shinji truly did keep his promise, but Archer threatened Gil and Shinji, if they tried to take her by force.
Apr 10, 2015 2:49 PM

Sep 2014
Archer is like a fallen anti-hero who's lost his way. Think of Darth Vader. Isn't he cool? So... similar reasons. Not exactly the same, but hey they're still similar.
Apr 10, 2015 2:51 PM

Oct 2014
FlamepriesT said:
Many of those who dislike Sakura probably think her VA makes her sound more annoying

I don't hate Sakura and i found her VA annoying sometimes ._.

Also being about being a Senpai-mashine, Saber is a Shirou-mashine and Rin is an Emiya-kun mashine, right?
Apr 10, 2015 2:54 PM

Oct 2014
FlamepriesT said:
Archer is like a fallen anti-hero who's lost his way. Think of Darth Vader. Isn't he cool? So... similar reasons. Not exactly the same, but hey they're still similar.

Didn't watch Star-wars, so wouldn't know :p
Also you can be cool without being an asshole, ya know....

CapsuleCore said:
That action prolonged her life, when he smooth-talked Shinji into not harming her until Shirou died. Not that Shinji truly did keep his promise, but Archer threatened Gil and Shinji, if they tried to take her by force.

''I will let her get raped so she can live, great idea!''

CapsuleCore said:
Others think she didn't suffer any consequences for the terrible things she's done (even if not everything she did was under her control).

Weren't the 10 years being wormed enough...?
Apr 10, 2015 2:59 PM

Sep 2013
Shrimperor said:
CapsuleCore said:

''I will let her get raped so she can live, great idea!''

Now you're just blatantly acting ignorant. Try to understand the situation he is in. Shinji is in the company of Gil. You don't mess with Gil so easily. Archer doesn't even have 1/10th of his power left and he still also has his own goals, the only desparate wish he longed for many years. If he hadn't talked his way out of this, Shinji just would have "ordered" Gil to kill Archer and they would have taken Rin away from him anyway.

Archer threatened Gil, if they dared to take away Rin. If he truly were the asshole you make him out to be, he wouldn't have cared and said they can have her right now, instead he told them to wait. Archer made Shinji promise to not harm her, well aware that at least Saber would accompany Shirou, who he bet on would have tried to save Rin while he was gonna kill Shirou.
Apr 10, 2015 3:00 PM

Sep 2014
Shrimperor said:
FlamepriesT said:
Many of those who dislike Sakura probably think her VA makes her sound more annoying

I don't hate Sakura and i found her VA annoying sometimes ._.

Also being about being a Senpai-mashine, Saber is a Shirou-mashine and Rin is an Emiya-kun mashine, right?

Nobody finds "shirou" or "emiya-kun" annoying though. Not only that, you'll see Shirou say omae from time to time, Rin also says anta, and Saber says anata. But Sakura always says senpai no matter what. Also, Sakura seems to overuse senpai in her speech... like, instead of adressing Shirou by his name once or twice in 10 sentences, she'll do it like 5 times or something - and yes, it's always "senpai" in that delicate, soft voice. So for those who dislike that, it becomes tiring.
Apr 10, 2015 3:09 PM

Sep 2014
Yeah, Archer uses Rin as a bait, but he's always trying to keep her safe. While he does attack Saber and Shirou if need be, he never attacks Rin directly in order to hurt her. The worst thing he's done so far was that bitchslap in ep 13, which wasn't even part of the visual novel and doesn't threaten her in any way - if anything, it just adds shocking value to the betrayal. Even when she's not his master anymore, all he does is trap her with his blades at the church prevent her from messing things up and also to keep her safe.
Apr 10, 2015 3:14 PM

Oct 2014
CapsuleCore said:

Now you're just blatantly acting ignorant. Try to understand the situation he is in. Shinji is in the company of Gil. You don't mess with Gil so easily. Archer doesn't even have 1/10th of his power left and he still also has his own goals, the only desparate wish he longed for many years. If he hadn't talked his way out of this, Shinji just would have "ordered" Gil to kill Archer and they would have taken Rin away from him anyway.

Archer threatened Gil, if they dared to take away Rin. If he truly were the asshole you make him out to be, he wouldn't have cared and said they can have her right now, instead he told them to wait. Archer made Shinji promise to not harm her, well aware that at least Saber would accompany Shirou, who he bet on would have tried to save Rin while he was gonna kill Shirou.

He shouldn't have kidnapped her in the first place!
And he didn't let them take her directly because if that happened, Shirou and Saber wouldn't have come after him.
What would have happened had Archer Killed Shirou? Saber will kill Archer for sure, but Saber without Avalon wouldn't have stood a chance against Gil. Which means his plans wouldn't have saved Rin.

Sorry, i may be biased against Archer, but i can't stand this guy. The only good thing he did in ubw after day 7 was the end. Before the day 7 he was Badass, after day 7 he slowly turned into one of my most hated Characters.
Apr 10, 2015 3:18 PM

Oct 2014
FlamepriesT said:
Yeah, Archer uses Rin as a bait, but he's always trying to keep her safe. While he does attack Saber and Shirou if need be, he never attacks Rin directly in order to hurt her. The worst thing he's done so far was that bitchslap in ep 13, which wasn't even part of the visual novel and doesn't threaten her in any way - if anything, it just adds shocking value to the betrayal. Even when she's not his master anymore, all he does is trap her with his blades at the church prevent her from messing things up and also to keep her safe.

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20194/
http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20195/
Rin would've died if Shirou didn't jump.
Sure, Archer was playing on sure jumping down you may say, but what if Shirou didn't? Rin would be dead.
Apr 10, 2015 3:20 PM

Sep 2014
Archer already knew Shirou was there anyway. I don't think it's that hard to understand he was counting on that. He understands Shirou better than anybody else.
Apr 10, 2015 3:23 PM

Sep 2013
Shrimperor said:

. . . . . .
*Head explodes*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2015 3:26 PM

Oct 2014
Mickdrew said:
Shrimperor said:

. . . . . .
*Head explodes*

you're back :D :D :D :D :D
WB :D

FlamepriesT said:
Archer already knew Shirou was there anyway. I don't think it's that hard to understand he was counting on that. He understands Shirou better than anybody else.

And? What if Shirou suddenly tripped or chickened for one more sec. or something?
Rin would've been dead.
The Risk was too high, even if he was supposedly ''protecting'' Rin and only using her as a bait.
Apr 10, 2015 3:27 PM

Sep 2014
Mickdrew said:
Shrimperor said:

. . . . . .
*Head explodes*

Yeah. I never thought I'd see the day when a mongrel spent countless hours reading F/SN, but didn't watch star wars... WOW!
Apr 10, 2015 3:28 PM

Sep 2013
Shrimperor said:
CapsuleCore said:

He shouldn't have kidnapped her in the first place!

He had to kidnap her, because he has his own objectives. Without using Rin, there was no guarantee Shirou would come and Archer would have disappeared like that. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but that guy is desperate. This is his one and perhaps only chance to truly talk and fight Shirou. He's not gonna give up on that so easily.

Shrimperor said:
And he didn't let them take her directly because if that happened, Shirou and Saber wouldn't have come after him.
Shirou and Saber were already on their way, so Rin already served his purpose. Unless you want to tell me Shirou has miraculous abilities that he can feel if Rin is no longer there in the castle. Besides, Archer gave his word to Shirou that he will keep Rin safe until they arrived.

Shrimperor said:
What would have happened had Archer Killed Shirou? Saber will kill Archer for sure, but Saber without Avalon wouldn't have stood a chance against Gil. Which means his plans wouldn't have saved Rin.

I think you didn't really read what I wrote. If Lancer hadn't accompanied Shirou and Saber, Saber would have, must have gone to save Rin. Saber wouldn't have the time to kill Archer, after he killed Shirou.

Shrimperor said:
Sorry, i may be biased against Archer, but i can't stand this guy. The only good thing he did in ubw after day 7 was the end. Before the day 7 he was Badass, after day 7 he slowly turned into one of my most hated Characters.

And you are basically ignoring what he wanted to achieve when he betrayed Rin? His plan was this: Get rid of the Command Spells, backstab Caster, kill Shirou, then let Rin make a contract with Saber, so she can win the war. Only the order got messed up. It's like you're purposely ignoring this part. He doesn't hate Rin, he did everything for his own objectives, yet he still included in his plans a situation where in the end Rin wouldn't be left helpless. He obviously cared about her a lot.

As for the situation right after the betrayal: Yes, I can see you're extremely biased against Archer. He knows Shirou would jump down, he knows exactly what Shirou would do. There is no "what if"s here, that guy is playing speed chess with everyone there.
CapsuleCoreApr 10, 2015 3:34 PM
Apr 10, 2015 3:33 PM

Sep 2014
Yeah...

Archer said:
"Damn. I was going to let her make a contract with Rin, but the order is getting mixed up."
Archer murmurs while looking at Saber. He must not have enough to spare to pay attention to me now.
Apr 10, 2015 3:40 PM

Oct 2014
CapsuleCore said:

Rin already served his purpose

So he gave her to Shinji.
Basically, he was being an Idiot for not countig Gil in his plans.

CapsuleCore said:

I think you didn't really read what I wrote. If Lancer hadn't accompanied Shirou and Saber, Saber would have, must have gone to save Rin. Saber wouldn't have the time to kill Archer, after he killed Shirou.

Saber goes to save Rin = Gil kills Saber. Rin becomes Grail-kun

CapsuleCore said:

And you are basically ignoring what he wanted to achieve when he betrayed Rin? His plan was this: Get rid of the Command Spells, backstab Caster, kill Shirou, then let Rin make a contract with Saber, so she can win the war. Only the order got messed up. It's like you're purposely ignoring this part. He doesn't hate Rin, he did everything for his own objectives, yet he still included in his plans a situation where in the end Rin wouldn't be left helpless. He obviously cared about her a lot.

And yet, after his first plan fails, he goes full YOLO mode and doesn't care about Rin anymore.
I didn't say he hates Rin, btw. But what he did in ubw is not how you handle important people.

He knows Shirou would jump down

Like he knows how Shirou will turn out in the future?

FlamepriesT said:
Yeah...

Archer said:
"Damn. I was going to let her make a contract with Rin, but the order is getting mixed up."
Archer murmurs while looking at Saber. He must not have enough to spare to pay attention to me now.

And then he went and become your typical Asshole traitor Archer Servant.
I hate the Archer class btw, all of em are assholes.
Apr 10, 2015 3:42 PM

Sep 2014
Go back and choose not to jump down. Shirou jumps down anyway. :P
Apr 10, 2015 3:44 PM

Oct 2014
FlamepriesT said:
Mickdrew said:

. . . . . .
*Head explodes*

Yeah. I never thought I'd see the day when a mongrel spent countless hours reading F/SN, but didn't watch star wars... WOW!

Star Wars and stuff were never my cup of tea, Sasaki.
Apr 10, 2015 3:45 PM

Oct 2014
FlamepriesT said:
Go back and choose not to jump down. Shirou jumps down anyway. :P

Oh, ok.
I will give him that then.
Apr 10, 2015 3:46 PM

Sep 2014
You don't have to like Archer, just like nobody has to like Sakura. But you're just trying to deny the obvious fact that he was always trying to keep Rin safe. He wasn't willing to give up his goal, but he still tried to keep her safe till the very end beyond what anyone with a plan like his would. Plus, there are always risks in the HGW.
Apr 10, 2015 3:49 PM

Sep 2013
Shrimperor said:
CapsuleCore said:

Rin already served his purpose

So he gave her to Shinji.
Basically, he was being an Idiot for not countig Gil in his plans.

Ugh, seriously, again, he was stalling time for Rin to not get harmed. What exactly should he do? Get killed by Gilgamesh? Not everything goes according to plan, but he did the best to keep his own goals and keep Rin safe as long as possible.

Shrimperor said:
CapsuleCore said:

Saber goes to save Rin = Gil kills Saber. Rin becomes Grail-kun

Like Lancer got killed by Gil, right? Oh wait...

Shrimperor said:
CapsuleCore said:

And yet, after his first plan fails, he goes full YOLO mode and doesn't care about Rin anymore.
I didn't say he hates Rin, btw. But what he did in ubw is not how you handle important people.

Like that is not true at all. Again, if he didn't care about Rin at all, he would have given her immediately to Gil and Shinji just like that. Which he didn't do. He risks his life by threatening Gilgamesh, although this would ruin all his plans. Archer knew that Shinji has an inferiority complex, so he called him a great Master and all that, then made him promise to wait. It was better than doing nothing or getting killed.

Shrimperor said:

He knows Shirou would jump down

Like he knows how Shirou will turn out in the future?

Yup. Seems like you finally understand. Everything he says about Shirou hurts Shirou so much, because it's true what he says. He knows why Shirou desperately wants to be a superhero, he knows how he feels, he knows how he acts. The choice to jump down or not jump down to save Rin is no choice at all. Shirou will jump down no matter what.
CapsuleCoreApr 10, 2015 3:53 PM
Apr 10, 2015 3:51 PM

Oct 2014
FlamepriesT said:
You don't have to like Archer, just like nobody has to like Sakura. But you're just trying to deny the obvious fact that he was always trying to keep Rin safe. He wasn't willing to give up his goal, but he still tried to keep her safe till the very end beyond what anyone with a plan like his would. Plus, there are always risks in the HGW.

True True,
but i can'T see how he tried to keep Rin safe after the kidnapping.
I only keep arriving at 2 conclusions:
1-He is an Idiot becaue he didn't factor Gil in his plans
or
2-His wish to kill himself is for him much much more important then then keeping the girl that once rescued him safe.

Both Option don't make him look good.

And i am not that big of a Sakura fan (not even one) btw, infact HF would've been better if it was an Illya route....
I just don't hate her.
ShrimperorApr 10, 2015 3:57 PM
Apr 10, 2015 4:07 PM

Aug 2013
Othi-tan said:
When did that happen exactly?

What,Saber's armor getting injured by Kojiro?

And that's when she mostly dodges it due to the opening provided from his damaged sword.

That doesnt mean it is the only way
What other way besides simply tanking it is there then?

It's power lies in being unavoidable and in Sasaki's accuracy on vitals, not on power.

I don't know why you keep making these random points and keep ignoring the fight where it was clearly stated that had there not been an opening in Kojiro's TG which Saber could exploit,she would have died.
DamnThatsTheSpotApr 10, 2015 4:12 PM
Apr 10, 2015 4:08 PM

Oct 2014
About people not liking Sakura saying "senpai" all the time...

at best it's culture shock...

at worst it's racism...
Apr 10, 2015 4:10 PM

Aug 2013
Ugh, seriously, again, he was stalling time for Rin to not get harmed. What exactly should he do?

Not throwing a temper tantrum against his previous self and putting Rin in such danger in the first place would have been nice.
Apr 10, 2015 4:18 PM

Sep 2013
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
Ugh, seriously, again, he was stalling time for Rin to not get harmed. What exactly should he do?

Not throwing a temper tantrum against his previous self and putting Rin in such danger in the first place would have been nice.

Well, that can't be helped, because that is his only objective and it was Shirou who told him they wouldn't be disturbed by anyone, if he went to the Einzbern Castle. Like I said, Archer's desperate and he knows how much Rin means to Shirou. Just promising to meet was something Archer didn't want to risk. He wanted a guarantee Shirou would come.
Apr 10, 2015 4:23 PM

Aug 2013
Well, that can't be helped, because that is his only objective

Exactly.
In terms of priority
Killing the ginger > Rin's safety

Hence Archer being a douche.

Not only to Rin but to Saber too,tbh.

"Saber,I couldn't help release you..but that doesn't matter now!Cuz I'd rather kill the ginger than help you out,lol"

and it was Shirou who told him they wouldn't be disturbed by anyone, if he went to the Einzbern Castle.

Archer knows Gil's a thing you know,he's literally already been through this shit before.
Apr 10, 2015 4:32 PM

Sep 2013
Original said:
"…A guest, huh? I chose this place because I was told there would be no interruptions here."
The knight in red suddenly gets up.
Did his ears hear the sound of the intruder?
Footsteps echo through the silent castle.

Sure, Gil's a thing, but his options are limited, if he wants to fulfill his objective.

As for Archer being a douche towards the people he cares about...

Well, I might do the same thing Archer did, if I was stuck in eternity to kill people, even though I don't really want to, and my last hope is killing myself from the past. Not really trying to defend all of his actions, but he is genuinely good at heart. And it's not just not helping Saber actually, he wants to get rid of her, if she stands in his way. Which is even worse.
Apr 10, 2015 4:37 PM

Aug 2013
Oh sure.

I agree that due to his despair his actions make sense and I even encourage others to see things from his PoV.Hell his actions in Fate and HF where he turns the douche meter down paint him in a far more positive light.

I just hate when people try to whitewash him completely.
Apr 10, 2015 4:47 PM

Sep 2013
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
Oh sure.

I agree that due to his despair his actions make sense and I even encourage others to see things from his PoV.Hell his actions in Fate and HF where he turns the douche meter down paint him in a far more positive light.

I just hate when people try to whitewash him completely.
On that we can fully agree. I'm not trying to whitewash him, but when I read stuff like Archer not caring about Rin anymore, I can't help but point out that this isn't really true at all and seriously biased hate against Archer.
Apr 10, 2015 5:13 PM

Sep 2014
In the meantime, the best F/SN male character - Kotomine Kirei - rejoices as mongrels attempt to find fault in the evil actions of third-rate characters. Yuetsu! has been attained. Madness prevails.

Apr 10, 2015 10:11 PM

Sep 2013
FlamepriesT said:
In the meantime, the best F/SN male character - Kotomine Kirei - rejoices as mongrels attempt to find fault in the evil actions of third-rate characters. Yuetsu! has been attained. Madness prevails.

This post speaks to me on a fundamental and spiritual level. I feel more enlightened just by seeing it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2015 12:51 AM

Aug 2009
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
Othi-tan said:
When did that happen exactly?

What,Saber's armor getting injured by Kojiro?

And that's when she mostly dodges it due to the opening provided from his damaged sword.

That doesnt mean it is the only way
What other way besides simply tanking it is there then?

It's power lies in being unavoidable and in Sasaki's accuracy on vitals, not on power.

I don't know why you keep making these random points and keep ignoring the fight where it was clearly stated that had there not been an opening in Kojiro's TG which Saber could exploit,she would have died.
Yeah chip off=penetrate her armor.According to you at least, because that img proves this previous narration:
She bites her lip.
She cannot waste any time.
She surpasses him in power.
She can overpower him if she uses her magical energy(you know as in her ARMOR) and her sword as a shield.
Just one blow.
She can overpower him if she can withstand just one blow.
It can be her arm or leg.
If she does not allow the wound to slow her, there will be no second attack.
She can surely slash Assassin after she receives his blow.

But…
If the attack is to come for her neck, she cannot overpower him.
All of this Servant's attacks are of that kind.
All are meant to take her life.

So the strikes hitting armor ISNT tanking?

Exploiting the opening and blocking the strikes with armor are unrelated.

Sorry but the narration proves that at least her armor(if not any armor) CAN withstand his attacks.TG doesnt get an upgrade in strike and penetration power,it is all about speed and being undodgeable.
Apr 11, 2015 1:21 AM

Sep 2014
mike said:
I am the op of my thread
Curiosity is my body, and words are my blood
I have created over a thousand threads
Unknown to derail, nor known to lock
Withstood ban to create many debates
Yet, those discussions will never last
So as I pray, Unlimited Thread Works!

Your sig never made so much sense. Did you make it after living through the inevitable dystopian future that awaits humanity? :O
FlamepriesTApr 11, 2015 1:30 AM
Apr 11, 2015 1:36 AM

Aug 2013
Othi-tan said:
snip

It's like you're being obtuse on purpose or something.

To chip off means to be able to cut through it.Which he is.Even when she evades it he still does.What do you think would happen if she didn't have that opening?

What you linked wasn't Saber talking about TG,but Saber talking about Kojiro's normal attacks.And what's more she's talking about how she'll still be wounded even if Kojiro doesn't go for her vitals,which i don't get why you keep ignoring.

Sorry but the narration proves that at least her armor(if not any armor) CAN withstand his attacks.TG doesnt get an upgrade in strike and penetration power,it is all about speed and being undodgeable.

I like how you keep missing the point over and over

The swordsman's technique would have stayed invincible if his longsword had not been bent.

I.e her armor in this case is irrelevant
Apr 11, 2015 3:03 AM

Aug 2009
In what definition is chip off=cut through/penetrate?

Is TG, anywhere in the VN, described as a overpowered slash attack?Again it's power lies in being undodgeable.Sasaki's normal attacks have the same power but can be avoided.TG isnt a NP that powers up for its use like many other.

So you ignore "She can overpower him if she uses her magical energy(you know as in her ARMOR) and her sword as a shield."

I am not missing the point, you are just linking two things that are irrelevant.
"The swordsman's technique would have stayed invincible if his longsword had not been bent.."
In which part of that it talks about power?A swordsman's technique has nothing to do with that.You know what Sasaki's technique is?God like speed and aiming for the vitals.In a contest of power he isnt above Lancer,Saber and Herc and TG doesnt change that in any way.
In the whole series the only times Saber's armor was actually broken through,except the unconscious weakened Saber in HF was against Gae Bolg,Fragarach and Herc's attacks and the ExcaliburxEnuma Elish blast.In no way can Sasaki's slashes reach that power.
ssjokgApr 11, 2015 3:13 AM
Apr 11, 2015 3:33 AM

Aug 2013
In what definition is chip off=cut through/penetrate?

You're arguing semantics

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/chip+off
chip off - break off (a piece from a whole);

He can damage it no problem is what i'm saying.With a busted sword no less.

So you ignore "She can overpower him if she uses her magical energy(you know as in her ARMOR) and her sword as a shield."

look at what you quoted carefully
It can be her arm or leg.
If she does not allow the wound to slow her, there will be no second attack.

She'd receive a wound either way even if he doesn't go for her neck.Hence he'll be able to cut through her defence or her armour.Now what happens when 3 simultaneous slashes capable of doing that come at you?

I am not missing the point, you are just linking two things that are irrelevant.
"The swordsman's technique would have stayed invincible if his longsword had not been bent.."
In which part of that it talks about power?A swordsman's technique has nothing to do with that.You know what Sasaki's technique is?God like speed and aiming for the vitals.In a contest of power he isnt above Lancer,Saber and Herc and TG doesnt change that in any way.
In the whole series the only times Saber's armor was actually broken through,except the unconscious weakened Saber in HF was against Gae Bolg,Fragarach and Herc's attacks and the ExcaliburxEnuma Elish blast.In no way can Sasaki's slashes reach that power.

I don't see why you keep strawmanning with this power thing.

DamnThatsTheSpot said:

STR and POWAH isn't the way he fights either.

His fighting style doesn't revolve on raw power in the first place and it never has.Accuracy and speed are his weapons,like you said,but a katana isn't a longsword.He has shown he can cut through her armour,even when she mostly evades it.She can't tank it,which is why she assumed she was gonna die until she saw a loop hole.Why do you keep ignoring this?
DamnThatsTheSpotApr 11, 2015 3:39 AM
Apr 11, 2015 3:52 AM

Aug 2009
"come off in flakes or thin small pieces"Yep sure, he can penetrate is alright....

Her arms and legs have no armor.Her gauntlets stop before the elbow and her greaves stop at her knees.She has places she can be hit.Again, even in the anime the places she saw in her instinct were neck, waist and above the gauntlet.

I am "strawmanning " this power thing because you compare the "damage" she took from Sasaki with every powerhouse Servant that can actually cut through her armor.

He doesnt have the stats for such feat and TG doesnt change that.
A scratch level of damage isnt going to penetrate an armor of mana like Saber's.The pic you posted only reinforces my point in "She can overpower him if she uses her magical energy and her sword as a shield."

She was going to die because she would actually be hit in vital areas, not through her armor.Unless if Sasaki is dumb and attacks her protected body instead of head arms,like his technique requires.
Apr 11, 2015 6:18 AM

Nov 2013
CapsuleCore said:
Holy mother of Mapo Tofu, HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!
Apr 11, 2015 8:32 AM

Nov 2013
So uhm...

Shinji didn't really block anything.

Leys was just holding the halbred to his face (like she's pointing a gun at him), she wasn't trying to kill him, and he just grabbed it and tried to move it away from his face (obviously he can't do that).

But I can already see Fai go nuts about it.
Apr 11, 2015 8:34 AM

Oct 2014
The only thing that bothered me was that it took like 3 seconds to instantly go from daytime to dusk, unless it's another one of those "screen darkening" because of contrast between the sky and GoB, which would be fixed with BD. Still at this point in time I don't know for sure if it's still daytime or dusk already...

At the very least the PVs gave me impression that it was nighttime when the fight started, but that is a bit hard to believe now.
Apr 11, 2015 8:38 AM

Mar 2013
GARBrotato said:
So uhm...

Shinji didn't really block anything.

Leys was just holding the halbred to his face (like she's pointing a gun at him), she wasn't trying to kill him, and he just grabbed it and tried to move it away from his face (obviously he can't do that).

But I can already see Fai go nuts about it.

... Right, I haven't watched the episode yet, but so it was exactly as an above poster predicted then. Basically. SURPRISE! It was pointless to think that it'd be screwed up for no real reason (other than some rumour?) before actually seeing the scene oneself. Who knew.
Apr 11, 2015 9:58 AM

Sep 2014
Imagining the worst case scenario is now commonplace among those who resort to sodium chloride to get through day.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Heaven's Feel Manga Discussion [HF Spoilers!]

LoomyTheBrew - May 11, 2015

22 by LoomyTheBrew »»
Dec 24, 2015 11:52 AM

» RP Game - Have your avatar speak to the avatar above you ( 1 2 )

TrueKireiPriest - Mar 31, 2015

93 by removed-user »»
Dec 6, 2015 10:57 AM

» Need advice on web purchase

Taimanin_Irelia - May 7, 2015

1 by Bobulated »»
May 7, 2015 9:31 AM

» Tu Aru Majutsu no Index General Discussion SPOILERS AHEAD

Bobulated - Apr 25, 2015

6 by Shrimperor »»
Apr 27, 2015 9:48 AM

» Fanfiction Thread!(Spoilahs)

mira-pyon - Apr 22, 2015

3 by Shrimperor »»
Apr 23, 2015 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.