Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 22, 2008 8:39 AM

Jul 2007
A DS game for the popular franchise of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, titled Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna, will be released June 26 this year. The game will sell for 3,800 yen (about 35 USD) and the price for a special edition version has not been announced yet. The game will be for one player.

Along with the Onikakushi, Watanagashi and Tatarigoroshi arcs, the first in the series of four Higurashi DS games will also feature an original arc, Someutsushi. All of the other games in the series will feature two original arcs each, but their names are not yet known.

Sources: Famitsu, Official Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Site, Official Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kizuna Site
myanimelistllcFeb 13, 2016 4:35 PM

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 22, 2008 8:56 AM

Jul 2007
Sorry about the lack of information. The sites that had the best info were all in Japanese, and my Japanese fails pretty hard. If anybody who knows Japanese would like to contribute to what I gathered, feel free.

Feb 22, 2008 10:37 AM

Jan 2008
So I'm guessing it's going to be like one of those Hack-n-Slash adventure types right?

Feb 22, 2008 11:09 AM

Jul 2007
Japanese news post said:
ジャンル サスペンスアドベンチャーノベル

Genre: Suspense Adventure Novel

Feb 22, 2008 2:05 PM

Jan 2008
atlantiza said:
Japanese news post said:
ジャンル サスペンスアドベンチャーノベル

Genre: Suspense Adventure Novel

Wow... someone is totally missing the joke.

Feb 22, 2008 2:47 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah, they are.

Feb 22, 2008 4:06 PM

Jan 2007
Do want. ;-;

Feb 22, 2008 4:30 PM
Aug 2007
I'd be more excited if it had a snowball's chance in Hell of being released in the states.

Oh, and owning a DS would help, too XD
Feb 22, 2008 5:07 PM

Jul 2007
the_seventh_l said:
I'd be more excited if it had a snowball's chance in Hell of being released in the states.

Seconded. Maybe in like 5 years, you know, by the time the DS is old crap. Maybe if somebody licenses Kai, there is a slight chance, based on its popularity in the US, of the game coming over. But..... I really doubt it.

Feb 23, 2008 11:40 AM

Jan 2008
ohh niceee

Feb 24, 2008 9:48 PM

Jul 2007
i'm so importing this.... :0 DO WANT.
Feb 24, 2008 9:52 PM
Sep 2006
*Marks her calendar to stalk all of her rom sites*
Feb 24, 2008 10:01 PM

Nov 2007
Kanashimi said:

*follows suit, even if he will probably fail at the game due to not being able to read anything* =X
Feb 26, 2008 8:12 AM

Oct 2007
*sigh* great news, but really news like this is best left unsaid state side... now if it was a dbz budakai game or something yea, i'd see it in no time flat, but higurashi, i think not...
i 2nd the snowball in hell
Feb 27, 2008 5:46 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
While it doesn't have a the greatest chance ever to come out in the U.S. the genre is pretty popular in the DS with games like Phoenix Wright, Hotel Dusk, and other adventure type games. If the anime comes back out in the U.S. I could see it having some chance based on the those factors.
Mar 6, 2008 6:39 PM

Jan 2008
FateSyka said:
Do want. ;-;
Mar 6, 2008 7:01 PM
Aug 2007
FreyaSui said:
FateSyka said:
Do want. ;-;
Mar 14, 2008 3:22 PM

Sep 2007
My friend translated a page for me about what comes with the Limited Edition. The stuff in parentheses are comments he added himself.

"The special edition comes with a box to store all 4 games, much like an anime collectors box.
Also, it comes with the Sonozaki Family Collectors Can, which contains:
The Unhappy Trump Card: Until forever it's important
Watanagashi Cleaner: Let's absorb the bad stuff with cotton
Curry Eraser: Does Chie-Sensei consent too?
Mini Calender: Summer is when the Higurashi cry...
Kyuuute Accessory Case: Put your DS in here. "Omochikaeri!" (Oh, and I spelled it "Kyuuute" because it says "Kaaii" in the original Japanese, which is Rena's strange way of saying "Cute", which should be "Kawaii".)
Substitution Memo book: I wonder who on earth's book this is... (The kanji either says Substitution, Sacraficial, or Scapegoat. All 3 work pretty well to describe Keiichi's memo from Onikakushi, neh?)
Warning Sticker: If you don't listen to our warning, you'll suffer a cruel reptentence. (They show a yellow sticker like a street crossing sign, showing Rena chasing Keiichi with a cleaver, denoting: "Frequent Rena Appearance Warning")"

And if you pre-order the game, you get a syringe-shaped pen.
Mar 18, 2008 4:26 PM

Mar 2007
Foggle said:
My friend translated a page for me about what comes with the Limited Edition. The stuff in parentheses are comments he added himself.

"The special edition comes with a box to store all 4 games, much like an anime collectors box.
Kyuuute Accessory Case: Put your DS in here. "Omochikaeri!" (Oh, and I spelled it "Kyuuute" because it says "Kaaii" in the original Japanese, which is Rena's strange way of saying "Cute", which should be "Kawaii".)
Substitution Memo book: I wonder who on earth's book this is... (The kanji either says Substitution, Sacraficial, or Scapegoat. All 3 work pretty well to describe Keiichi's memo from Onikakushi, neh?)
Warning Sticker: If you don't listen to our warning, you'll suffer a cruel reptentence. (They show a yellow sticker like a street crossing sign, showing Rena chasing Keiichi with a cleaver, denoting: "Frequent Rena Appearance Warning")"

HOLY SHIT. SYRINGE-SHAPED PEN?!

*preorders* (Though I don't know Japanese DDDDx)
Mar 18, 2008 5:08 PM

Feb 2005
:__:

Why weren't I born in Japan?

Mar 18, 2008 5:42 PM
Jul 2007
I do not see how a good game can come out of this anime =.= but we'll see =]
Mar 19, 2008 1:51 AM

Feb 2007
I wish I could get this.. *looks at DS which has not been played in a while* xD
Mar 21, 2008 10:51 AM

Sep 2007
I already have the limited edition pre-ordered. >_>

rozekruez said:
I do not see how a good game can come out of this anime =.= but we'll see =]

It was originally a series of games, actually...
Mar 22, 2008 1:53 PM

Sep 2007
Damn.

Now I have to get a DS.
Apr 5, 2008 10:36 AM

Aug 2007
this is the trailer for the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsppqUukCJY
Jun 7, 2008 8:13 AM

Nov 2007
Yay~! Natsumi's in it~! \o/

Now to hope there will ever be an English version..
May 16, 2009 1:24 AM

Oct 2008
Baman said:

You don't need to. Just learn moonspeak and then buy the game. Problem solved.
Jun 2, 2009 3:30 PM

Feb 2008
;-;

I want the sticker and the pen.
I only have sissy games for my DS right now anyway, english higurashi DS games would give my DS some much needed toughness.
Jun 8, 2009 2:27 PM

Nov 2008
Wonder if this is going to be similar to the original Higurashi game series... if only I could understand Japanese. =x

And yea, so far the anime series haven't been released in the United States yet, so it is doubtful that this game will be released here. >.<
Jun 8, 2009 2:35 PM

Feb 2008
the_seventh_l said:
FreyaSui said:
FateSyka said:
Do want. ;-;

Foggle said:

This too.
Shana is love.

Jun 18, 2009 11:15 AM

Jan 2009
Why...? WHY...!? Is there NO company willing to make a retail english version of these sort of things!?
Jun 20, 2009 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
I'm going to piss my pants. :( I want it to come to the U.S. GAH.
Jun 21, 2009 1:44 AM

Mar 2008
If this came out in English...you know those people who buy consoles for a single game? Yeah.
Jun 22, 2009 7:31 AM

Sep 2008
Kanashimi said:

Yesh. That~♥
Jun 24, 2009 7:06 PM

Jan 2009
If only my ds didn't break... Stupid ds. I opened it up, and the "new" piece of crap was actually refurbished.
Jun 24, 2009 7:21 PM

Jun 2008
Ever since I've found out that the series was originally a game, I've really wanted to play one of them... this gives me hope (false hope, I'm sure) that I might actually get to. *sigh*
"All I want in life is someone to put one of my quotes under their sig" -Perposterone
Jul 3, 2009 7:58 AM

Apr 2009
the_seventh_l said:
FreyaSui said:
FateSyka said:
Do want. ;-;
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
Jul 3, 2009 6:38 PM
Jul 2009
Higurashi said:
Wonder if this is going to be similar to the original Higurashi game series... if only I could understand Japanese. =x

And yea, so far the anime series haven't been released in the United States yet, so it is doubtful that this game will be released here. >.<

There is actually a dub on the first season of Higurashi licensed by Genon. Also, the resono why the Higurashi games will (most likely) never make it overseas is due to the fact that because the Higurashi games are rated +18, that would mean that Sony would have to release the Higurashi games as AO which is no longer produced in the U.S. As for the DS Higurashi games, they need to be licensed and translated and all that other stuff.
Jul 8, 2009 10:13 PM
Oct 2008
hay , know its a selfish request but does any 1 know or a translated rom or a blackmarket translated versio , and i dont mean chineas , english plz!!!
Jul 27, 2009 3:52 AM
Jun 2009
Orphen07 said:
Higurashi said:

There is actually a dub on the first season of Higurashi licensed by Genon. Also, the resono why the Higurashi games will (most likely) never make it overseas is due to the fact that because the Higurashi games are rated +18, that would mean that Sony would have to release the Higurashi games as AO which is no longer produced in the U.S. As for the DS Higurashi games, they need to be licensed and translated and all that other stuff.

The PC games are being translated as we speak and the Alchemist remakes of the Higurashi games are not rated 18+.

A = All Ages (E/Everyone)
B = 12+ (T/Teen)
C = 15+ (T/Teen - M/Mature)
D = 17+ (M/Mature)
Z = 18+ (AO/Adults Only)

The Higurashi titles are rated D.

I have the special edition of Kizuna vol. 1 and I must say that it's great -- but skip it if you're not interested in learning Japanese.
Jul 27, 2009 9:17 AM

May 2009
I REALLY want this to come to the US.
Wasn't there news about the Higurashi VN on PC getting localized here sometime ago?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2009 3:33 PM

May 2009
tHe sad truth is that it is more likely to get released in the USA than here in Scotland and the rest of Britain >.>
Oct 4, 2009 8:35 AM

May 2009
It was funny to see the face of the WalMart guy when I asked if they had the game. He was all like WHAT THE HECK IS THAT???
Oct 14, 2009 2:30 AM

Mar 2009
Cool. Hope there's lots of murder involved.
Dec 27, 2009 2:44 AM

Jan 2009
Yeah. It's very cool, but only be in Japan.
Sep 26, 2010 12:47 AM

Apr 2009
D
Foggle said:

DEAR OYASHIRO-SAMA! damn those japanese people! they get a BUNCH of free stuff, while we in the U.S. get nothing or a little figure or a sticker. I'm with Baman...WHY WASN'T I BORN IN JAPAN?! DX
Click it! :D
Sep 26, 2010 12:50 AM

Apr 2009
ppizzapie said:
If this came out in English...you know those people who buy consoles for a single game? Yeah.

The sole reason I bought a DS in the first place is because I KNEW most anime games are in the DS xD
Click it! :D
Feb 23, 2011 12:42 PM
Feb 2011
Baman said:

Because god didn't deem us worthy. *Crying*
Feb 27, 2011 4:42 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Man... if someone were to draw up an English language FAQ for those of us who might want to try playing the Japanese version, I would buy a copy SO QUICKLY. My Japanese is far too rusty for me to try conquering it on my own.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Mayonaka Punch' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

1 by Yubisoft »»
1 hour ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

4 by Sondo »»
2 hours ago

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

4 by Haneken2086 »»
Yesterday, 5:02 PM

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - May 31

11 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 2:23 PM

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 29

16 by nachomaxo1 »»
Yesterday, 4:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.