Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2014 1:12 PM

Jul 2014
FlareStar101 said:
Am i the only one that noticed that the drawing improved quite a lot? The original was good, but this is amazing!

Well, the drawing was improving during the whole TG... if you look at the first chapters you can notice a big difference(because it was his first "serious" work). Now it seems that it keeps improving.
Oct 11, 2014 1:18 PM

Nov 2012
FlareStar101 said:
Am i the only one that noticed that the drawing improved quite a lot? The original was good, but this is amazing!
nah, penisman is better
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 11, 2014 1:21 PM

Mar 2014
I'm betting Haise is a quincke from Kaneki, and I really hope so. It's nice to see Arima treating Haise with parental love. Maybe he just felt so much sympathy for Kaneki during their battle.
Oct 11, 2014 1:21 PM

Jul 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
nah, penisman is better

It's not fair to bring out The penisman, that is in a league of it's own...
Oct 11, 2014 1:25 PM
Oct 2012
there was a translation error, Akira is first-class investigated and not ranking 1 , which kind of makes more sense since it is Sasaki her subordinate .
Oct 11, 2014 1:27 PM

Nov 2012
Noxidian said:
I'm betting Haise is a quincke from Kaneki, and I really hope so. It's nice to see Arima treating Haise with parental love. Maybe he just felt so much sympathy for Kaneki during their battle.

IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 11, 2014 1:31 PM

Jan 2014
Oh God, lawl.
Oct 11, 2014 1:35 PM

Aug 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
Noxidian said:

Lol xD

Xway101 ~By me~
Oct 11, 2014 1:37 PM

Dec 2012
Wow so freaking fast~!
Great first chapter! Very very interesting
Stark700 said:
Really curious about Sasaki now. But overall was a good start. There's a lot of characters I'm also curious to see with their roles in this sequel.

The action was good as I thought too. Good to see the author being committed to this. And lol:

So freaking cute~
Oct 11, 2014 1:38 PM

Oct 2014
I have a theory of how the One-Eyed Ghoul Investigators were created. It happened when the one-eyed owl (forgot her name -_-) reunited with her father, she took his body and gave it to Kanou. Using Kanou, along with the manager's body who has a multiple array of abilities, more artificial ghouls were created, thus making theses new breed of investigators. I know this has flaws but hey, it's just the first chapter. I also agree that Sasaki IS IN FACT Kaneki, like of course the most dangerous artificial one-eyed ghoul in history has to be the leader, no questions asked. Mostly likely he lost his memories were he was stabbed in the eye by Arima and was taken into the CCG with a new identity. Overall, I am loving these new investigators and the emergence of some old characters. (Hinami and Ayato, WTF!?). 8.5/10 rating for me.
Oct 11, 2014 2:00 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
If "Quinckes" are humans that possess the abilities of a ghoul, I really do think Kaneki will appear as a CCG investigator soon. Hell, he might even be this guy called Sasaki.

Akira looks twice as much beautiful right now. Amon, you really missed out dude.. Hope he's alive too.

Mitsuki will just be another Takizawa. I can almost feel it.

Can't wait to see more of Hinami, Tsukiyama and the old crews again! >.<

Oct 11, 2014 2:02 PM

Feb 2011

This pretty much confirms it.
But yeah, humanoid quinques, wow.
Oct 11, 2014 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
Great chapter. I think it's obvious the new main character is Kaneki.

-Sasaki is Age 22 and Kaneki was 19
-His hair is mixture of Black and White.
-Looks like Kaneki. Because it's Kaneki!

Akira was 21 in the original tokyou ghoul and now she's 24, so that proves this is 3 years after the events in tokyou ghoul. So this also proves that Kaneki would've been 22 at this time, which he's. :)

I'm so happy Kaneki is back as the main character. I'm guessing this arc will be focusing on getting Kaneki memories back. I bet Touka is going to see him and is going to believe that Sasaki is actually Kaneki.

I can't wait!
Oct 11, 2014 2:28 PM

Sep 2007
Well I didn't enjoy it at all but I'm in deep negation after how Tokyo Ghoul ended.

So I don't like new characters and I don't like "new class" too. Just waiting how they will explain why those kids can use kagune without supplying it with those-special-cells which ghouls get from eating human/ghoul flesh. They don't do it this way, I assume.

The graphics looks messy somehow for me... old one looked messy too but... Akira used to look better imo. I was glad there was one page tease with Hinami and Ayato who didn't look like Ayato at all.

Also, what the--- about "parental love". Somehow an idea of Arima having a kid is absurd for me. As the strongest inspector he has to be flawless and if he had a family, it would be his big weakness. Also, just how old is he to have such big kid? Or was it just a tease... like an adopted kid or sth.

Only nice scene here was if Arima was reading that new book 'about ghouls' of Takatsuki Sen.
Oct 11, 2014 2:40 PM

Aug 2014
Interesting 1st chapter I guess. Let's be honest though people...Haise is clearly fuckin Kaneki. It isn't a question of whether Haise is Kaneki, it is how the events unfolded after Kaneki's "death" that lead to this event. Also, if it it somehow confirmed that this is 2-3 years after the end of TG...then Haise's age 22 helps confirm this.

This seems much more lighthearted than normal TG (though TG did have it's joking moments). I don't like...HATE Haise or anything (in fact, his interactions with Akira were pretty nice...he totally wants to give her the D), it's just that I so desperately want the real Kaneki to return. It will be kind of interesting how he will cope with now having two groups tied to him once his return happens. He likely won't abandon his CCG Squad, but how will things work with Touka & co. in that scenario? Oh well, in due time...
Oct 11, 2014 2:42 PM

Aug 2012
Ofcourse its kaneki guys.

If you haven't noticed yet, the mangaka has not shown haise's finger nails. Which is most likely to be revealed later.
Oct 11, 2014 2:43 PM

Apr 2014
Our lord and savior, pun master Kane...I mean Haise Sasaki is finally here. Read the chapter and it feels like Tokyo ghoul never ended.

Oct 2014
keragamming said:

Akira was 21 in the original tokyou ghoul and now she's 24, so that proves this is 3 years after the events in tokyou ghoul. So this also proves that Kaneki would've been 22 at this time, which he's. :)

I'm so happy Kaneki is back as the main character. I'm guessing this arc will be focusing on getting Kaneki memories back. I bet Touka is going to see him and is going to believe that Sasaki is actually Kaneki.

I can't wait!

If its done like in HNK when Kenshiro got his memory back, then it should be good. Just dont let Touka become Sakura-tier again, Ishida.

Mar 2013
Like everyone has stated dude really does look like kaneki.
Oct 11, 2014 2:45 PM

Aug 2014
Feels like kaneki lost his memories or something. Seem possible?

Xway101 ~By me~
Oct 11, 2014 2:47 PM

Aug 2014

Need full HD versions of these now
Oct 11, 2014 3:01 PM

Oct 2013
^ What are these?
Oct 11, 2014 3:04 PM

Sep 2014
keragamming said:

I can't wait!

Do you know where it says her age in the manga? I was looking for it and couldn't find it. Definitely the best way to confirm how long the time skip is.
Oct 11, 2014 3:05 PM

May 2010
WolfChaos said:
danae17 said:
We didn't see Hide at all though so is it safe to assume that Kaneki ate him..?

From what I gathered. That part where Hide appeared before Kaneki was just a hallucination. You can assume that Hide evacuated the city in part 1.

What was the taste in Kanekis mouth then? Don't get me wrong I want Hide to be alive. He was such a good guy and friend but he is most likely dead :/

Anyway back to the actual topic.
I was really confused when I started reading the chapter. But like (almost) everyone I'm pretty sure that Sasaki is Kaneki.
The other new characters look similar to him too but I just feel the Kaneki vibe with Sasaki more.
Also you don't have to take everything literally. Like the parental love thing. I guess Arima just took good care of him/trained him or something like a mentor. Because he thinks he has great potential.
And if that's the case then maybe he saw this potential when he fought Kaneki in the previous manga. And then he took him with him and kept him alive as Sasaki.
Maybe the CCG did something to him so that they could create the new quinque humans.
Also they were talking about someone who can surpass Arima. So maybe Arima used to be similar to Kaneki? That's why he is so strong.

Do you know where it says her age in the manga? I was looking for it and couldn't find it. Definitely the best way to confirm how long the time skip is.

I don't know where her age is stated either. But if you think about it she should be around that age.
Juuzou was 19 when he was a class 3 Inspector and then quickly got promoted. Akira was a class 2 Inspector when she was introduced.
I know Juuzou is an exception but still she should not much older than him since she is intelligent and skilled. So I also thought she would be around 20-22 years old.
giuli94Oct 11, 2014 3:10 PM
Oct 11, 2014 3:18 PM

Apr 2014
Not sure if it's been said before (not reading all 4 pages) but what if Sasaki is actually kaneki's quinque (assumingt these guys have been made out of kagunes)?
MugiwaraEraOct 11, 2014 3:25 PM
Oct 11, 2014 3:18 PM

Mar 2013
OMG it is finally here !! ^^

So hyped !

Interesting first chapter ! liked it !

Sasaki ? is he really Kaneki ? :O and 2 new fellows . They remind Kaneki as well.. :O

anyway, we will see the truth in following chapters.

looking forward to the next chapter !!
Oct 11, 2014 3:28 PM

Apr 2014
Its a shame some people I've talked to dislike the new chapter because there's no cool white haired kaneki.
Z4KOct 11, 2014 3:36 PM
Oct 11, 2014 3:39 PM

Jun 2013
keragamming said:
^ What are these?

Pretty sure those are calendars
Oct 11, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2014
Z4k said:
Its a shame some people I've talked to dislike the new chapter because there's no cool white haired kaneki.

You talk with the wrong people...
Oct 11, 2014 3:47 PM

Apr 2014
Arcanix said:
Z4k said:

You talk with the wrong people...

Yeah I know but its still a shame some people think like that.
Oct 11, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 2012
i have a feeling that all of those theorists that thought amon & kaneki were going to switch places are going to be right
ad stellas super alas angeli.

Oct 11, 2014 4:07 PM

Sep 2007
So... we can expect Amon as one-eyed artifical ghoul? Oh god.

And well, I calmed down a bit. It wasn't so bad as first chapter of new manga... I didn't expect ol' cool Kaneki to be back, but somehow I can't feel any sympathy toward any new chara yet.
Oct 11, 2014 4:14 PM

May 2013
Oh finally, more questions again!

Finally, its here. If Tsukiyama was the man lying at the end then I don't even know now.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 11, 2014 4:18 PM

Sep 2013
Hurray its back
Oct 11, 2014 4:57 PM

Jan 2014
7 Steps: How to Screw with a Fandom a Guide by Ishida Sui

Step 1: Make the protagonist totally lovable.

Step 2: Make him suffer.

Step 3: Still, a sprinkle of hope make the fandom hope he’s gonna live.

Step 4: Kill him anyway.

Step 5: End the manga,

Step 6: Create a sequel.

Step 7: Make the new protag look suspiciously like the previous protag.

And that is how you screw with a fandom.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Oct 11, 2014 5:01 PM

Aug 2014
peeyaj said:

The truth has spoken.

Xway101 ~By me~
Oct 11, 2014 5:01 PM

Nov 2013
peeyaj said:

Amen
To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.
Oct 11, 2014 5:04 PM

Sep 2014
^Do you guys seriously think Kaneki is dead? I mean yeah, there's definitely a small chance that something else is going on but right now everything points to Haise being Kaneki...
Oct 11, 2014 5:09 PM

Apr 2014
Lol yeah all of the hints in this chapter were basically screaming the point that haise is kaneki.
Oct 11, 2014 5:15 PM
Apr 2014
Its out *.*. Much early then I expected :D. I love it already! It's so interesting. Really want to know the backstory of Sasaki, only to prove that he is in fact Kaneki :D. I mean even the height fits, I looked up x). I also like the idea that there's a Investigator Team that is built up of Ghouls :D. Can't wait for the next chapter *.*
Oct 11, 2014 5:29 PM

Sep 2014
Z4k said:
Lol yeah all of the hints in this chapter were basically screaming the point that haise is kaneki.

The only other thing I could see happening would be Haise being Kaneki's Kagune and being made into a "human quinque" or something like that since the hybrids are being called Quinckes. Still I hope Ishida goes with the obvious and gives us our protagonist back.
Oct 11, 2014 5:31 PM

Oct 2013
CNTRI715 said:
keragamming said:

I can't wait!

I don't remember the chapter number, but it was a page in one of the chapter that shows the age of each characters and other things about them. But I'm sure Akira was 21 in the original series.
Oct 11, 2014 5:32 PM

Jan 2014
Z4k said:

This will probably continue until Ishida fills a whole manga volume with a written confirmation that Kaneki is Haise and proceeds to slap every single fan, one after the other with said volume in the face till they faint. THEN, people will accept it. I hope

Btw, those calender artworks are awesome. Need HD version naow.
Oct 11, 2014 5:53 PM
Mar 2014
Sequel didn't start with Takatsuki Sen like original did
2/10
dropped
Oct 11, 2014 5:55 PM

Oct 2014
If Amon is coming back as a ghoul, give him an actual character/personality, make him a Michael Myers type of character.

Oct 11, 2014 6:29 PM

Jan 2014
I got really suspicious now. I somehow feel like Ishida's trolling us a little with everything pointing at Haise being Kaneki.
And then there's this:

"A note from Ishida. Just to give you the gist of it, he’s wondering if people are enjoying the event so far. Since there’s a lot of new news, he worries that it might be confusing but he will appreciate it if we enjoy said news. He thanks the people who went to the event and tells them to take care on their way back home."
Oct 11, 2014 6:33 PM

Sep 2014
Vellvet said:
I got really suspicious now. I somehow feel like Ishida's trolling us a little with everything pointing at Haise being Kaneki.
And then there's this:

"A note from Ishida. Just to give you the gist of it, he’s wondering if people are enjoying the event so far. Since there’s a lot of new news, he worries that it might be confusing but he will appreciate it if we enjoy said news. He thanks the people who went to the event and tells them to take care on their way back home."

Yeah I saw that too and thought it was a little weird. I'm thinking the drawing on the left might be for the anime and the one on the right for the manga since the event was covering both. Nothing for sure though. Ishida seems to love to imply stuff through random drawings like this.
Oct 11, 2014 6:42 PM

Oct 2014
text from the tokyo ghoul wiki on Arima's last events in the first manga:
"The director is seen holding a piece of paper with Kaneki's profile crossed out and marked as 'Erased'. He speaks to Arima informing him the 'ownership rights' are his and asks him what he will do about the name. Arima responds by saying he will take care of it and in the panel next to his is a black suitcase, contrary to all the grey/silver suitcases most CCG investigators carry their quinque in."

A name change and ownership rights... and Kaneki somehow disappears... interesting interesting. So I'm guessing it's 100%+ sure for eveyone that Haise IS Kaneki.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 75 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2016

111 by almightybismarck »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2016

102 by almightybismarck »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 73 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

103 by almightybismarck »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

124 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 71 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by almightybismarck »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.