Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 6, 2014 2:38 AM

Mar 2014
It's not that funny for me but I guess I'll just watch it if I had the time
Oct 6, 2014 4:41 AM

Jul 2014
Sensei?

That was unexpectedly hilarious. It reminds me a lot of Barakamon: it's cute, it's funny, and Kokkuri's voice actor also voiced Handa. Feel good anime of fall 2014?
Oct 6, 2014 4:50 AM

Dec 2012
Not surprised after Kuromajo, this is pure gold!

I'll be disappointed if she is not an angsty teenager deep inside.
Oct 6, 2014 4:55 AM
Oct 2014
Anyone has an idea of which characters are involved in the 'romance' aspect of this anime ? :)
Oct 6, 2014 5:17 AM

Aug 2013
Laughed out loud when Kohina called the cops on Kokkuri-san. Cops arresting a fox god LOL!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 6, 2014 5:40 AM

Jan 2011
Didn't expect much from this show, but it turned out to be a great comedy. Felt like I was watching Barakamon and Nozaki-kun at the same time.

ED is awesome and preview is the HHHNNNGGGest preview that was ever made! (๑>◡<๑)
Oct 6, 2014 5:44 AM

Apr 2013
Sensei so we meet again haha. the voice fits though.

pretty funny

fujoshis must love the male character designs
xSanoxOct 6, 2014 5:50 AM
Oct 6, 2014 6:28 AM

Jan 2014
So it seem Sebastian has time traveled and also taken up a new alias

Funny episode with a bit of emotional stigma attached to it. Now i'm hoping there isn't a dark side with Kohina's past, those small pieces of information about having no one to come back home to look after her or describing herself to be a doll, neglecting human emotions have a mysterious vibe to it. Maybe i'm just over-analyzing, seeing as she did end up begin to feel lonely without Kokkuri being there to take care of her

Overall, i enjoyed the comedy and serious aspect of the show. Cannot wait for the next episode

Oct 6, 2014 6:36 AM

Jul 2013
i guess it was funny, but i am not sure if they can keep up like this
Oct 6, 2014 6:52 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting indeed, the comedy was funny.
gonna follow this
Oct 6, 2014 7:45 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, better than I thought
The OP is catchy... Oh I saw original Sailor moon transformation!
hokaruOct 6, 2014 8:37 AM
Oct 6, 2014 8:53 AM

Jul 2011
This episode really caught me off guard. Pretty funny, will definitely continue watching.
Oct 6, 2014 9:22 AM
Oct 2013
This anime cracks me up. Lol XD I like the scene when Kokkuri-san get arrested for being half-naked and the part when Kokkuri-san gets beat up after the OP as an ending. Can't wait for ep. 2!
I have faith and smell dark roses.
Oct 6, 2014 9:50 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Thread Cleaned
Please do not post simple responses as they do not contribute to a discussion. Please take some time, even a little bit more, and add some detail to your post rather than saying "Enjoy'd" or "2/10 dropped".
Please give reasons why you enjoyed it or did not like it, or go into some details about some scenes.

I'm not sure how people see Barakamon in this series, the little girl in both series have different attitudes and I feel like the parental figure are polar opposites. The only connection I see is just a relationship between a younger female and a parental figure.

Comedy-wise, I was expecting something else, but this is great comedy none-theless and very enjoyable. I had high expectations for this series and the first episode was great.
Oct 6, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2012
Not bad. I was expecting a bit more because people hyped it up on Twitter. Comedy wasn't really on point with my own preference but I laughed a few times which is enough. I still prefer the other comedy anime (like Wolf Girl) of this season over this so far... Also, I don't really get why the main girl's appearance keeps on changing back and forth.

It's like a blend between Barakamon (OnoD + little girl) and Kamisama Hajimemashita but still unique on its own.
Oct 6, 2014 12:45 PM
Jan 2013
Oh poor Kokkuri who got taken down by a little girl, such as Kohina.
Oct 6, 2014 1:19 PM
Nov 2013
This was so cute, I love Kohina already! And Kokkuri-san is very amusing (the op song is too hilarious haha)

My favorite part was when Kohina pulled out the photon sword. This is definitely my kind of show.
Oct 6, 2014 1:26 PM
Mar 2012
That was a bit weird. but funny.

WTF A light saber?

Isn't the girl, like, very, very small?
ElenirLachlagosOct 6, 2014 1:30 PM
Oct 6, 2014 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
I'm so glad I picked this one. I'm going to watch 6 or 7 shows this season but this looks like it will be the one that will make me laugh the hardest. Loved the episode. Kohina is awsome!
Oct 6, 2014 3:45 PM

Apr 2014
its like im watching barakamon again xD

even the anime has the same VA as sensei
Oct 6, 2014 3:49 PM

Feb 2014
lol that was funny and it came out my bday xD
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Oct 6, 2014 6:04 PM

May 2014
FroTheKnight said:
lol that was funny and it came out my bday xD

Happy Birthday
Oct 6, 2014 6:05 PM

May 2014
Definitely watching this anime. Laughed at times and I actually almost cried when the little girl was sad .
Oct 6, 2014 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, I can't believed I almost cried watching this. Great episode and the humor is splendid! Hope this continues in the future episodes.
Oct 6, 2014 7:58 PM

May 2013
I think I'm gonna enjoy this series!

Kokkuri-san Kokkuri-san ;-;
Oct 6, 2014 8:15 PM

Nov 2011
Really good first episode. The comedy clicks well with me. Looking forward to see the dynamics the others characters bring to the show.
Oct 6, 2014 8:52 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Well this was different. But different can be good. I think they're a really funny pair and I can't wait to see more.
Oct 6, 2014 8:53 PM

Jun 2013
This was really cute, light-hearted fun. Looking forward to more!
Oct 6, 2014 10:27 PM

Jul 2014
Kind of funny? Kind of weird? More weird than funny. (yeah, that's closer). And let me fangirl a bit...
OMGBBQ!!!11one! OnoD and Takahiro Sakurai! I'm gonna stick around for those two!

*Serious mode back on*
That last part clenched my heart a bit. Poor girl is so lonely, that she convinced herself that she's a doll and doesn't need anyone... I didn't expect that when I decided to check this anime.

sas4ha9 said:
Anyone has an idea of which characters are involved in the 'romance' aspect of this anime ? :)

Can I hope for the Fox and the Dog?

NeverWinning said:
So it seem Sebastian has time traveled and also taken up a new alias

Yeah, and Claude is coming to harass him again.
Oct 6, 2014 11:35 PM

Jun 2013
Funny and cute episode

Kinda of wish they would animate Kohina in the real human girl form instead of so much of the doll-form :(
Oct 6, 2014 11:36 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, this one blew my expectations, i already like it.

i wonder how many times does Kohina say ''Kokkuri-san''?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Oct 7, 2014 12:34 AM

Feb 2014
This was a lot better than I expected, especially the touching moment.

The ED is pretty awesome.
Oct 7, 2014 12:38 AM

Apr 2012
cute and hilarious

wasn't expecting much from this show but i was surprised

Oct 7, 2014 1:59 AM

Dec 2013
really enjoyable so far, the doll's voice is absolutely adorable. might just be the underdog anime of the season.
Oct 7, 2014 5:02 AM

Jul 2013
Zeta986 said:

Not as many as "doll" at the beginning, jesus that was annoying. Maybe it's just me but this episode was boring after a while. The comedy didn't get to me, Kohina and her "I'm a doll I'm a doll" with omg-plot-twist-she's-human-and-cries-too! scene at the end didnt earn my sympathy at all... you guys sure you didn't laugh at it just because it reminded you of Barakamon?

Don't think I'll give the next episode a chance, drop.
Oct 7, 2014 7:48 AM

Mar 2014
shaworu said:
Zeta986 said:

Not as many as "doll" at the beginning, jesus that was annoying. Maybe it's just me but this episode was boring after a while. The comedy didn't get to me, Kohina and her "I'm a doll I'm a doll" with omg-plot-twist-she's-human-and-cries-too! scene at the end didnt earn my sympathy at all... you guys sure you didn't laugh at it just because it reminded you of Barakamon?

Well I enjoyed this a lot, and I've never seen Barakamon. But I've always enjoyed this sort of weird/absurdist humor, and I'm also a sucker for deadpan characters like Kohina too, especially deadpan characters who aren't usually able to express their emotions properly for some reason (Yuki Nagato, Mr. Spock, etc.). So this kind of show is right in my wheelhouse, and I'm definitely all-in for the rest of the season, especially since it's only 12 episodes. If the writers are able to develop the relationship between Kohina and Kokkuri into something really substantial without sacrificing any of the first episode's comic chops, this has the potential to become a new favorite of mine.

pyreholocaust said:
Funny and cute episode

Kinda of wish they would animate Kohina in the real human girl form instead of so much of the doll-form :(

I think what they were going for there was to illustrate her in doll form when she was in detached "robot girl" mode, and to illustrate her in girl form whenever she was allowing herself to feel human emotions again. If that is what they're going for, then we'll probably see her human form more often as the series goes on.
Oct 7, 2014 8:40 AM

Dec 2013
LOL WTF AM I WATCHING?? Can't even... LOL... hahahaha this new show is hilariously random and stupid~

5/5 though XD
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Oct 7, 2014 9:12 AM

Dec 2011
Why didn't I notice in advance that this is based on a Gangan Joker series? That was great, as I'd expect from almost anything published in that magazine.

nano desu
nano desu
desu
desu

Potato starch! Did she run out of salt? And why does she have that if she only eats junk food anyway?

Kokkuri-san no 3 size ha?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 7, 2014 9:22 AM

Mar 2011
uuuuu i can't get enough of the cuteness
Oct 7, 2014 10:22 AM
Feb 2009
pjw5328 said:
I think what they were going for there was to illustrate her in doll form when she was in detached "robot girl" mode, and to illustrate her in girl form whenever she was allowing herself to feel human emotions again. If that is what they're going for, then we'll probably see her human form more often as the series goes on.

I'm pretty sure that's what going to happen (I hope). Kohina's 'doll' persona is obviously a coping mechanism to deal with difficulties and trauma she's experienced. Not sure why she's living alone but it'll probably get revealed.
Oct 7, 2014 11:28 AM

Oct 2012
Nice first episode, a friend recommended me this series and I gave it a try.
She's an abandoned child living at that shrine, weird but the situations are funny.
I don't have any expectations with this series but I want to watch more.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Oct 7, 2014 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
lol Ono Daisuke's another role dealing with a little girl XD (We had Barakamon last season :v)

Probably watch this anime till the end.
Poor Kokkuri-san ended up being arrested by a police while wearing a towel XD
Oct 7, 2014 12:38 PM

Jun 2010
Well, that was amazing. Definitely watching the whole thing, it's adorable, it's hilarious and it creates feels when it wants to.

I wonder why monotonous voices in comedies get me so much.
Oct 7, 2014 1:07 PM

Jul 2013
pjw5328 said:

Well I enjoyed this a lot, and I've never seen Barakamon. But I've always enjoyed this sort of weird/absurdist humor, and I'm also a sucker for deadpan characters like Kohina too, especially deadpan characters who aren't usually able to express their emotions properly for some reason (Yuki Nagato, Mr. Spock, etc.). So this kind of show is right in my wheelhouse, and I'm definitely all-in for the rest of the season, especially since it's only 12 episodes.

Weird humor is okay I've seen and liked similar types of shows, but none of the jokes made me laugh, maybe one made me snort. And deadpan characters are cool as well, but maybe the way Kohina acts got on my nerves: would I like her more if she wasn't always acting like an emotionless robot? Maybe. Was I not in the best mood to watch it? Maybe. I still feel like I'm not going to miss something great so I'll pass.
Oct 7, 2014 5:13 PM

Jul 2011
shaworu said:

Weird humor is okay I've seen and liked similar types of shows, but none of the jokes made me laugh, maybe one made me snort. And deadpan characters are cool as well, but maybe the way Kohina acts got on my nerves: would I like her more if she wasn't always acting like an emotionless robot? Maybe. Was I not in the best mood to watch it? Maybe. I still feel like I'm not going to miss something great so I'll pass.

Pretty much this.

I couldn't really find the characters entertaining or amusing at all. I honestly didn't laugh once throughout the whole thing. I usually don't have any problems with emotionless characters, but this one really just had me shaking my head. Every word that came out of her mouth wasn't even mildly amusing in anyway. I'm pretty easygoing when it comes to comedy, but I could not get into this.

2/5 Dropped.
LanturnOct 7, 2014 5:21 PM
Oct 8, 2014 6:02 AM

Mar 2013
She sure love junk food her she just
got used to it, she also get some nice
moves with the swords.

I really enjoy it.
Oct 8, 2014 7:48 AM

May 2013
Haha! That was actually good. Very well delivered character progressions. Kohina's character appearance is just perfect. Haha! She's a doll she says. And, she's addicted to cup noodles. Kokkuri-san was a big laugh. He's a good cook and a kind fox ghost too. It's good that Kohina once again appreciated Kokkuri-san's presence. Proved to be worthy of a comedy.
Oct 8, 2014 9:40 AM

Jan 2013
Kokkuri-san <3
Loved the first episode! :D

Oct 8, 2014 12:55 PM

Aug 2011
So, it's Hachiman-Dori, Kamakura.

Oct 8, 2014 1:03 PM

Jan 2014
Surprisingly entertaining. Now that I look at this guy, I'm certain that pretty much EVERY Fox-Spirit is drawn pretty much the same (Tomoe, Miketsukami, this guy and a couple of others look almost the same).

Oh well guess Daisuke Ono likes to be summoned just to be made a servant eh? It was kind of amusing and sort of heartbreaking when Kohina grew to realistic proportions (which she did twice).
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2014

74 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 5, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

113 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 5, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2014

134 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 8, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

62 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 8, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Gugure! Kokkuri-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

84 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 8, 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.