Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2014 3:58 PM
Oct 2012
Rinth said:
Fun fact about Musketeer X. In the LN, Kirito ran up and stabbed her while she was introducing herself. He totally didn't tell Sinon about that part in the anime.

Kirito was shot by Musketeer X in the process, and that's where the bullet hole on his shoulder came from. It didn't come from Death Gun.

LOL I had forgotten that, thanks for the reminder. Damn that should have been animated, I really wish that A-1 was so damn bound to cut out humor in this series whenever it occurs.
Sep 7, 2014 4:01 PM

Mar 2014
Rinth said:
Fun fact about Musketeer X. In the LN, Kirito ran up and stabbed her while she was introducing herself. He totally didn't tell Sinon about that part in the anime.

wow.... kirito was a bit of dick, not gonna lie :U
Sep 7, 2014 4:31 PM

Apr 2014
I liked this episode even though not a lot really happened. I knew they wouldn't kill her, at least not this early on! Decent episode overall though, Sinon broke down lost her shit a little bit and they told each other about their pasts. Kinda wish both of them would get over their pasts already, its not that big of a deal. They both killed people that deserved to die and in the process saved the lives of the innocent, their heros, get over all the regret already.
Sep 7, 2014 4:58 PM

Dec 2013
Lots of drama this ep which I love. I do wonder though are Asuna and the others watching Kirito on the live feed? We have seen them watching others but not kirito...

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2014 5:20 PM

Jul 2014
Rinth said:

Kirito was shot by Musketeer X in the process, and that's where the bullet hole on his shoulder came from. It didn't come from Death Gun.

That's also why Kirito knew that Gunner X was actually Musketeer X, since that's what Musketeer X told him when he turned to the dark side of the force.

Lol Kirito certainly made short work of Muskeeter-X, which btw I didn't quite get why she was confused with Gunner-X? In any case, it was such a waste of an aesthetically cool and possibly quirky character (given how she tried to introduce herself) to be offed like this though I understand why the fight if you could even call it a fight was not shown to distract the attention from the main action. Obviously it doesn't help my irrational interest towards Musketeer-X right now, if only Kwahara will indulge me with a short story about her which I doubt is gonna happen. Oh well haha
Sep 7, 2014 5:25 PM

Oct 2013
Boukensha said:
Rinth said:

That's also why Kirito knew that Gunner X was actually Musketeer X, since that's what Musketeer X told him when he turned to the dark side of the force.

Lol Kirito certainly made short work of Muskeeter-X, which btw I didn't quite get why she was confused with Gunner-X? In any case, it was such a waste of an aesthetically cool and possibly quirky character (given how she tried to introduce herself) to be offed like this though I understand why the fight if you could even call it a fight was not shown to distract the attention from the main action. Obviously it doesn't help my irrational interest towards Musketeer-X right now, if only Kwahara will indulge me with a short story about her which I doubt is gonna happen. Oh well haha

In the LN, Kirito's internal monologue was that he thought Musketeer X only introduced herself because she thought Kirito was also a female player lasting it out in Bullet of Bullets.
Sep 7, 2014 5:25 PM

Jul 2014
Rebelhero said:
I really wish Kirito had mentioned that silver cats guild... The trauma from that would be more...realistic and relatable I think. But he seems to have completely forgotten about them. Which is really sad cause that incident really shaped him. It also would have been nice to see Kirito talk to Sinon about his trauma, and have her learn that she isn't alone.
But oh well...

He passed well that part
Sep 7, 2014 5:46 PM

Jul 2014
Quirkiness101 said:

-Oh please, little kids are not going to ostracize for shooting a fucking druggy who tried to kill her mother. If anything she'd more likely be an unhappy celebrity.

Decent episode, still curious to see how it concludes.

I don´t think Japan works the same way USA does in people killing people...
Given the fact that getting a gun there is harder than my dick...
Aaand
That is to say a lot...
Sep 7, 2014 6:39 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was dummmbbbbbbbbb.
Sep 7, 2014 6:46 PM
Jul 2013
Honestly this episode had a little to much plot for me...
Sep 7, 2014 7:34 PM

Aug 2014
AnimeFan500 said:
Kirito saved her in time. Yes!!!

Sinon saw the robber in Death Gun.

Dat heart to heart moment with Kirito and Sinon brought me to tears T__T

Question regarding about Death Gun.

No way man. Definitely a coincidence.

Xway101 ~By me~
Sep 7, 2014 8:09 PM

Mar 2012
NOooooooo when I read this part I was thinking how cute/touching this scene would be, but what the fuck was thiss???? So mad, wth was that retarded position. So many flashbacks whyyy...Frigging rage alskjfhlsdkjghfdg. I don't remember this scene being so long, it was short and cute, but they fucking dragged it out and ended the episode with a sword art online image. Sigh I am disappointed now after last episode's success*.

Well good thing GGO is ending, wasn't what I had expected. At least for people who didn't read they'll be guessing at how DG is killing everyone (you will laugh at the last episode, it's so dumb). Probably going to end somewhere at 12-14, then it'll be about the op girl with sword tricks in ALO I guess.
Sep 7, 2014 8:23 PM

Jul 2012
Oh boy, that was intense. o-o
Death Gun nearly killed another victim, but good thing Kirito saved her. owo

I didn't want Shino to die! D:

Umm....so now they both know that they're both killers....how ironic. o-o

Next episode~! D: Will Kirito fight Death Gun to the....death? xD
Sep 7, 2014 8:29 PM

Aug 2014
rickywolfy said:
Oh boy, that was intense. o-o
Death Gun nearly killed another victim, but good thing Kirito saved her. owo

I didn't want Shino to die! D:

Umm....so now they both know that they're both killers....how ironic. o-o

Next episode~! D: Will Kirito fight Death Gun to the....death? xD

You're so punny xD

Xway101 ~By me~
Sep 7, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2014
endium said:
in a post-SAO world, I don't see it being allowed that any virtual online game "doesn't allow you to log out", for ANY reason, tournament or not. I think this is a plot hole. Even if GGO is less mainstream, I'd think the only reason such virtual games would ever be legal again is the complete rejection of any such mechanism.

Wow I just realized this after reading this. I agree with you.

Xway101 ~By me~
Sep 7, 2014 9:13 PM

Mar 2009
Not bad, this was definitely better than last episode, I actually liked it.

The whole "I'll help you shoot while driving" bit annoyed me, though I do understand why he did it.

Kirirto gets all the girls, even when he looks like one. I'm jealous! XD
Xway101 said:
endium said:
in a post-SAO world, I don't see it being allowed that any virtual online game "doesn't allow you to log out", for ANY reason, tournament or not. I think this is a plot hole. Even if GGO is less mainstream, I'd think the only reason such virtual games would ever be legal again is the complete rejection of any such mechanism.

I also agree with you, I was thinking that the whole time they were in the cave.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Sep 7, 2014 9:13 PM

Apr 2014
Okay, I'm sure there's going to be complaints about how there wasn't much gun action this episode, and Sinon is "boo hoo, so weak, what a letdown", but let's take some time to think this over.

Sinon sees Kirito as the strong person that she wishes she could be, since he never seems to be afraid of everything. However, unlike Sinon, Kirito readily admits and accepts that he is scared or weak. It makes him more human, and perhaps, the true strength which was mentioned is being able to say that you're scared. You have to possess the courage to admit that you're afraid, if it makes any sense. Kirito isn't worried about how others will react, and that's why he's a strong character. At the end of the day, ability and physical strength can only count for so much.

And compared to Asuna in SAO, I believe that Sinon's reaction of terror is far more reasonable. Death Gun carries the same weapon that she used to murder a person when she was younger. We know that people in real life often suffer from mental trauma if they have killed somebody before; considering that this incident happened during Sinon's childhood, it has a massive impact on her current life and that's why she was unable to pull the trigger. So before we start insulting Sinon for suddenly becoming very weak, I believe it gives her character more dimension. She's not an over-powered character because she has a debilitating weakness that threatens who she aspires to be.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Sep 7, 2014 9:16 PM

Aug 2014
swaggahsaurus said:
Okay, I'm sure there's going to be complaints about how there wasn't much gun action this episode, and Sinon is "boo hoo, so weak, what a letdown", but let's take some time to think this over.

Sinon sees Kirito as the strong person that she wishes she could be, since he never seems to be afraid of everything. However, unlike Sinon, Kirito readily admits and accepts that he is scared or weak. It makes him more human, and perhaps, the true strength which was mentioned is being able to say that you're scared. You have to possess the courage to admit that you're afraid, if it makes any sense. Kirito isn't worried about how others will react, and that's why he's a strong character. At the end of the day, ability and physical strength can only count for so much.

And compared to Asuna in SAO, I believe that Sinon's reaction of terror is far more reasonable. Death Gun carries the same weapon that she used to murder a person when she was younger. We know that people in real life often suffer from mental trauma if they have killed somebody before; considering that this incident happened during Sinon's childhood, it has a massive impact on her current life and that's why she was unable to pull the trigger. So before we start insulting Sinon for suddenly becoming very weak, I believe it gives her character more dimension. She's not an over-powered character because she has a debilitating weakness that threatens who she aspires to be.

The truth has been spoken.

Xway101 ~By me~
Sep 7, 2014 9:45 PM
Mar 2014
swaggahsaurus said:

Well said, I'm sure I'd be worse if put in the same situation.
Sep 7, 2014 10:29 PM

Aug 2013
That episode was garbage. Sinon is such a pathetic character I'm sick of her retarded drama already also I'm like 99% sure she's going to join Kiritos harem by the end of the season.
Sep 8, 2014 3:05 AM

Jun 2014
Haytin said:
That episode was garbage. Sinon is such a pathetic character I'm sick of her retarded drama already also I'm like 99% sure she's going to join Kiritos harem by the end of the season.

Pretty much. Bitch you risked yours and another persons irl life because you didnt want to shoot Death Gun. He wouldnt even have died. You're retarded. Bad ep imo
Sep 8, 2014 3:51 AM

Jan 2014
AnimeFan500 said:
Byon-kun said:

Thank you for the reply.

DeadZeroSourceSep 8, 2014 7:08 AM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 8, 2014 4:09 AM

Oct 2010
Just when I thought it was impossible for the series to make it's female characters even worse or for Kirito-kun to become even more of a self-inert, Mary Sue.....well done SAO. You've officially reached new heights of shitness.

Honestly, this is absolutely abysmally pathetic writing. Every....single....female character becomes utterly useless when with a 50m radius of Kirito-kun for the sole purpose of trying to make him look badass. Not to mention that you can literally see her ass crack when she's just standing there or the slutty way she was shoving her ass out while laying on his lap.

I legitimately question the sanity of people that try to defend this series.
Sep 8, 2014 5:25 AM

Oct 2013
sinon pussy mode
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Sep 8, 2014 5:46 AM
Apr 2014
Xway101 said:
endium said:

I think the "reason" was the creation of the amusphere, which is supposed to be ultra safe so games are able to put that kind of restrictions again. You can get disconnected tho.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 8, 2014 5:50 AM

Mar 2013
Reyxe said:
You can get disconnected tho.
aka killed
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Sep 8, 2014 5:54 AM
Apr 2014
DerpHole said:
Reyxe said:
You can get disconnected tho.
aka killed

No, like, if someone takes off your amusphere, that's it. If someone disconnects the internet from the amusphere, that's it. Logical thinking.

Sep 8, 2014 5:55 AM
Apr 2014
swaggahsaurus said:

Finally, someone state the obvious, sadly noone is going to read it, lol

Sep 8, 2014 6:45 AM

Aug 2009
Τhe same exact people with the exact same posts.

I wonder if they even watch the ep and not just read a summary and/or other people's posts.
Sep 8, 2014 8:29 AM

Aug 2009
lol @ Sinon saying she'd prefer to die than "live in fear".
You're just afraid of guns, how often do you see them? What about people with severe social anxiety? Mysophobia? Phobia of guns is still a problem, but saying she'd rather die?? Hardly a reason to, done only for a dramatic conversation, eh. It would make sense if she said "tired of living in guilt" since she thinks she's a murderer, but...

Still, I prefer Sinon over Asuna easily, and ggo >>>>> 2nd arc of the first season.
Sep 8, 2014 8:57 AM
Apr 2014
fanshii said:
You're just afraid of guns, how often do you see them? What about people with severe social anxiety? Mysophobia? Phobia of guns is still a problem, but saying she'd rather die?? Hardly a reason to, done only for a dramatic conversation, eh. It would make sense if she said "tired of living in guilt" since she thinks she's a murderer, but...

Still, I prefer Sinon over Asuna easily, and ggo >>>>> 2nd arc of the first season.

Hmmm... even if youre partially right that you dont see guns that often [at least not in Japan, some other countries are not like that] in first or second chapter, just seeing that girl pointing her finger as if it was a gun to her make her have a mental breakdown, so if you find some other bitches like that one, it could be a pretty common thing to happen. Also, she studies with her, probably 2 more years or something.

Sep 8, 2014 9:13 AM

Aug 2009
Reyxe said:
fanshii said:

Hmmm... even if youre partially right that you dont see guns that often [at least not in Japan, some other countries are not like that] in first or second chapter, just seeing that girl pointing her finger as if it was a gun to her make her have a mental breakdown, so if you find some other bitches like that one, it could be a pretty common thing to happen. Also, she studies with her, probably 2 more years or something.

True, if she was bullied often then of course it would make sense - even without the phobia bullying could make her want to die. However, the anime wasn't really clear on the extent of the bullying so who knows. I guess it was often enough for her to be afraid of them.
Sep 8, 2014 9:13 AM

Jun 2013
fanshii said:

Well, that is true, but not totally valid. Lets put it this way- We know that whenever she saw a gun outside GGO, her anxiety shows up. True, you wont see gun around every corner, but there are bunch of billboards which could contain picture of a gun, different action movies and so on.. Still, you can pretty much avoid all of that. But there are two things which we can't overlook. First, Shino has a gun in her house (a replica), and second, she is tired of living in fear. At the same time she is afraid of guns, but wants to get over that fear. That is why it is bothering her so much, and that is why she is meeting them that much. I kind of know it. I am afraid of high places, and I mean REALLY AFRAID. But still, whenever I had chance, I would go for climbing and stare down the cliff once I was at the top. Now, you don't find high places everywhere, you can pretty much avoid them 99% of the time. But still, even though I avoid them, I am attracted to them. I just want to get over that fear.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 8, 2014 9:25 AM
Apr 2014
fanshii said:
Reyxe said:

True, if she was bullied often then of course it would make sense - even without the phobia bullying could make her want to die. However, the anime wasn't really clear on the extent of the bullying so who knows. I guess it was often enough for her to be afraid of them.

Also, there's something pretty important that almost noone noticed, that is, the face of her mother after she shot the guy, seeing someone as close as you as your mother looking at you as if you were a demon or something, well, it's no easy or cute thing

Irl, a friend of mine helped a girl who was going to be robbed and, during the fight with the guy, he stabbed him and when he turned around, the girl he helped was looking at him with blank eyes almost running away, he secluded himself in his room for more than 3 weeks, the robber didn't die tho, by the time he went to school, he wasn't bullied or anything, but he was obviously pushed away and people had fear of him, even if people went there to clear the misunderstanding, still took people more than a month to kind of feel confident around him again, it was really tough.

Sep 8, 2014 9:31 AM

Aug 2009
Dimitrije1606 said:
fanshii said:

Well, that is true, but not totally valid. Lets put it this way- We know that whenever she saw a gun outside GGO, her anxiety shows up. True, you wont see gun around every corner, but there are bunch of billboards which could contain picture of a gun, different action movies and so on.. Still, you can pretty much avoid all of that. But there are two things which we can't overlook. First, Shino has a gun in her house (a replica), and second, she is tired of living in fear. At the same time she is afraid of guns, but wants to get over that fear. That is why it is bothering her so much, and that is why she is meeting them that much. I kind of know it. I am afraid of high places, and I mean REALLY AFRAID. But still, whenever I had chance, I would go for climbing and stare down the cliff once I was at the top. Now, you don't find high places everywhere, you can pretty much avoid them 99% of the time. But still, even though I avoid them, I am attracted to them. I just want to get over that fear.

Wanting to get over the fear =/= wanting to die, though.
As for billboards and movies, I can't really say... I don't see anything containing guns on the streets 99% of time, but it may be different in Japan, I don't know. I do know what you're talking about wanting to get over the fear, though, I myself suffer from social anxiety and I would give my arm to get rid of it... except I can't exactly avoid, so It's not the same.
The fact that she has a replica of a gun is kind of true - especially combined with the bullying theory someone answered me on the previous page.
Sep 8, 2014 10:14 AM

Jun 2013
fanshii said:
Dimitrije1606 said:

Wanting to get over the fear =/= wanting to die, though.
As for billboards and movies, I can't really say... I don't see anything containing guns on the streets 99% of time, but it may be different in Japan, I don't know. I do know what you're talking about wanting to get over the fear, though, I myself suffer from social anxiety and I would give my arm to get rid of it... except I can't exactly avoid, so It's not the same.
The fact that she has a replica of a gun is kind of true - especially combined with the bullying theory someone answered me on the previous page.

Well, to tell you the truth, I didn't just seem to me she simply wanted to die. She was going for all-and-nothing gamble. She was pretty much sick and tired of that fear, so she decided to bet all she had into beating it. She was into that game for beating that fear in the first place. If death awaited her anyway, why not go down fighting? If she does nothing she dies, but if she at least tries to fight she can live and beat fear at the same time. Two birds with one stone.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 8, 2014 12:32 PM

May 2014
IT WAS THAT DAY
when kirito's harem increased by 1
Sep 8, 2014 1:15 PM

Mar 2013
Emotions all around,
i did like this episode but
why it took so much time to
see if he will shoot her or not
like there was any doubt that kirito
going to save her.
Sep 8, 2014 1:46 PM

Apr 2014
it's kinda boring how he's the savior every time, i love seeing kirito being the savior , but i want to see lots of action and swords , and less drama
SAO : A World With You :)
Sep 8, 2014 1:57 PM

Aug 2014
Not a bad episode but the action in this episode is few, and the drama is all around the episode.
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Sep 8, 2014 2:03 PM
Jan 2011
Oh shit Kirito is now officially cheating on Asana.
Sep 8, 2014 2:08 PM
Apr 2014
Nasty001 said:
Oh shit Kirito is now officially cheating on Asana.

No, he isn't...

Dada6262 said:
it's kinda boring how he's the savior every time, i love seeing kirito being the savior , but i want to see lots of action and swords , and less drama

Well, Asuna saved him from Kayaba and Kuradeel, Leafa saved him from the flying knights or w/e...

There's still Death Gun vs Kirito fight anyway, so wait for it~

Sep 8, 2014 2:28 PM

Sep 2013
Should have added Musketeer-san to the harem.
Sep 8, 2014 3:50 PM

Oct 2010
ssjokg said:
Τhe same exact people with the exact same posts.

I wonder if they even watch the ep and not just read a summary and/or other people's posts.

I wonder what's worse? People that have legitimate problems with a series and voice those problems in a coherent manner, or someone that every week only complains about other people having the nerve to complain? (hint.....it's the one you do)
Sep 8, 2014 6:44 PM

May 2014
Sinon is definitely the best girl! She actually has a meaningful story and a tragic background, when she was crying her heart out to Kirito I just wanted to hug her and tell her everything was okay!
Sep 9, 2014 6:13 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Whenever I see these kind of scenes I just want to say

just
pull
the goddamn
trigger already

seriously it annoys me to no end >_>

also a fuel tank won't get blown up just because you shoot it with a rifle, you need tracer- or incendiary rounds for that, but I suppose that's not too relevant inside a game
Sep 9, 2014 6:21 AM

Jan 2014
Sinon Ass Online

"When /a/ sends its fags, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you.
They’re sending fags that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us.
They’re bringing cancer. They’re bringing bait. They’re shitposters.
And some, I assume, are good fags."
-@Xinil
Sep 9, 2014 6:50 AM

Aug 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Whenever I see these kind of scenes I just want to say

just
pull
the goddamn
trigger already

seriously it annoys me to no end >_>

also a fuel tank won't get blown up just because you shoot it with a rifle, you need tracer- or incendiary rounds for that, but I suppose that's not too relevant inside a game

Michael Bay created the game. It all makes sense now. Sinon's ass everywhere, explosions everywhere - yep, all Michael Bay lol

fanshii said:
Reyxe said:

I thought in one of the earlier episodes it was implied her bullying was quite often. Some girls were bullying her in an alleyway or something. I don't remember whether they were from her school or class though.
Sep 9, 2014 7:18 AM
Apr 2014
HaXXspetten said:

Wot, then GTA has been lying to me? [not sarcasm, im serious]

Sep 9, 2014 7:20 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Reyxe said:
HaXXspetten said:

Wot, then GTA has been lying to me? [not sarcasm, im serious]
it's not gonna explode unless it ignites, I.E: you need a spark or fire for that, just hitting it with a bullet is not gonna do the trick
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by No_Fan_676 »»
Aug 18, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

612 by KaiserVonGogureo »»
Aug 12, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

960 by elpasho0 »»
Jul 29, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Jul 4, 2014

1114 by Vortixx_ »»
Jul 27, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

356 by Forum »»
Jul 4, 7:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.